ESC 2009 /MOSCOW!!!!!! (25)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / ESC 2009 /MOSCOW!!!!!!
<< 1 ... 18 . 19 . 20 . 21 . 22 . 23 . 24 . 25 . 26 . >>
Yannis
# Posted: 19 Aug 2009 12:11

Olena Soltysyak
But why?

Some politicians don't make a difference: if you vote for an "enemy"-country you could be considered "t e r r o r i s t" and potentially dangerous.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 19 Aug 2009 12:19

Yannis
That is really bad and mean. They still do not have freedom in their countries.

Yannis
# Posted: 19 Aug 2009 16:47

Olena Soltysyak
They still do not have freedom in their countries.

Yes, you got the clue. And especially Ruslana supported Azerbaijan a lot with her life appearance. That's a bit disappointing that they abuse ESC for their politics.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 20 Aug 2009 11:17

Yannis
You are right. But these two countries still live previous time, they do not get that it has passed already, they must think about the future, but it looks like these countries need much time to realize it. It is not frank at all according to their citizens. As ESC is modern, where many countries take part, but not many countries understand it. I guess after that article many nations talk about it, it won't be good for their economy, for investors and so on. As many experts do not want to have anything in common with such countries.

Yannis
# Posted: 20 Aug 2009 13:41

Olena Soltysyak
But these two countries still live previous time

That's true. If they don't overcome this thinking not much will change.
But, as mostly, politicians are to blame, not too much the people who often grew up with a certain extent of brainwashing.

...it won't be good for their economy, for investors and so on.

I don't think they care too much because if you own natural resources you will always have "friends".

What I'm asking myself in context with ESC: Can Azerbaijan be considered an European country?

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 09:46 - Edited by: Olena Soltysyak

Yannis
I don't think they care too much because if you own natural resources you will always have "friends".
You are right.

I think, ( it is only my thinking), many countries are not in the European Union, then how they take part in this contest. The same about Ukraine.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 09:53

Olena Soltysyak
many countries are not in the European Union, then how they take part in this contest. The same about Ukraine.

May be.... because ESC was established earlier than the formal establishment of EU? Don't know:D

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 10:01 - Edited by: Olena Soltysyak

nikoleta_rangelova
No, I do not think so. The EU traces its origins to the European Coal and Steel Community formed among six countries in 1951 and the Treaty of Rome in 1957.
As to ESC, so first rebuilt about this contest was in 1950, but only in 1955, the director of this contest thought about international contest, where many countries could take part in it.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 10:09

Olena Soltysyak
As The EU was first established in 1951
Hm, okay, I thought the official establishment was later and what you say some trade-communities. Okay

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 10:17 - Edited by: Olena Soltysyak

nikoleta_rangelova
Yes, it was first start, and then the union has grown in size through the accession of new countries, and new policy areas have been added to the remit of the EU's institutions. It is what I have learned and studied.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 10:23

Olena Soltysyak
It is what I have learned and studied.
Okay, thanks. Geography and History have always been my weakest sides:D

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 10:27

nikoleta_rangelova
Well, right now it is my task, as I am the coordinator of Euroclub at my school. I have to do it, to know about the EU.

cora
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 10:35

Olena Soltysyak
nikoleta_rangelova
Yannis

Wikipedia about EBU:

The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) which produces the ESC is a confederation of 75 broadcasting organisations from 56 countries, and 43 associate broadcasters from a further 25. It is unrelated to the European Union. Members are radio and television companies, most of which are government-owned public service broadcasters or privately owned stations with public missions. ... It was formed on 12 February 1950 by 23 broadcasting organisations from Europe and the Mediterranean.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 10:52

cora
Thank you. It really is not connected with the EU.

wespecz
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 11:17

nikoleta_rangelova
Olena Soltysyak
Where have you found that ESC has something to do with EU? Otherwise countries outisde of EU could not take a part. Luckily that this isn't true.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 11:39

wespecz
Where have you found that ESC has something to do with EU?

I nowhere:D

cora
Thanks!

Yannis
# Posted: 22 Aug 2009 15:17 - Edited by: Yannis

Olena Soltysyak
I think, ( it is only my thinking), many countries are not in the European Union, then how they take part in this contest. The same about Ukraine.

Besides the official facts Cora wrote down: I was thinking that such a contest, calling itself "European" was intended to host European countries only. Otherwise they should have called it World Song Contest.

I don't associate the contest with the EU as there are European countries which are not members, yet: e.g. Iceland and Serbia, a great winner country.

Ukraine and Russia have a big historic European tradition and are thus linked to Europe. Lviv used to be called Lemberg http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemberg . There were Germans, Polish, Austrians, Romanians and many other nationalities doing buisness there, were residing there. And just think about Russian leaders, e.g. Katharina http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katharina_die_Grosse .
That is European history.

Azerbaijan does not come to my mind when thinking of Europe.
Same with Israel. But the difference with Israel is that most of the residents have European roots.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 23 Aug 2009 14:30

Yannis

Lviv used to be called Lemberg http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemberg . There were Germans, Polish, Austrians, Romanians and many other nationalities doing buisness there, were residing there.

Correct!

As for me, it is uncertain ( it is only my opinion), as to ESC, many countries take palce there, but never mind. They wanted to involve many international countries and they did it.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 25 Sep 2009 07:46 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Some beautiful Ruslana photos taken and sent to me by Daniel Kruczynski:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29759986@N03/sets/72157617846731827/?page=3

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 25 Sep 2009 10:31

nikoleta_rangelova
When was that? Are the photos new?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 25 Sep 2009 14:29

Olena Soltysyak

ESC 2009, Moscow.

wespecz
# Posted: 25 Sep 2009 16:52

nikoleta_rangelova
Thank you! Sonce shines again!

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 26 Sep 2009 13:13

nikoleta_rangelova
Thank you.

Velibey
# Posted: 27 Sep 2009 16:15

VERY NİCE.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Sep 2009 07:41 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Velibey
Hello!

More photos from Daniel, Moscow:

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 29 Sep 2009 11:58

nikoleta_rangelova
Great photos. Is Daniel in forum?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Sep 2009 12:33

Olena Soltysyak
Is Daniel in forum?

I guess he isn't.

wespecz
# Posted: 29 Sep 2009 16:17

nikoleta_rangelova
Thank you!

Velibey
# Posted: 1 Oct 2009 17:17

See you soon

Saharawild
# Posted: 5 Feb 2010 15:19

! !

<< 1 ... 18 . 19 . 20 . 21 . 22 . 23 . 24 . 25 . 26 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 3; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 125 [21 Aug 2018 05:03]

These forums are running on bulletin board script miniBB™ © 2001-2018 admin | Ruslana. Official site