new cd new single

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Wild Energy project / new cd new single
susanne
# Posted: 14 Jan 2007 17:24

will there be another single? does anybody know?

yanya
# Posted: 14 Jan 2007 22:35

susanne
What do you mean by new single? We are waiting for the album! And it's gonna be in spring.

Lussekatt
# Posted: 14 Jan 2007 22:37

yanya
it's gonna be in spring.

YES! Just a few months waiting then!!

yanya
# Posted: 14 Jan 2007 22:49

Lussekatt
susanne

When fans ask Ruslana when the album will be released she answers: "Do you want just an album or a good one?". We don't ask her about it anymore....

Lussekatt
# Posted: 14 Jan 2007 23:13

yanya
"Do you want just an album or a good one?".

Thats a good question of hers. Of course I want the best album from her and she has the rights to take áll careful time she needs to make it good!

We don't ask her about it anymore....

you are vise ukrainians. I use to be very patient waiting on Ruslana and respect her for that. But of course sometimes it can be hard to hold back the eagerness ;-)

susanne
# Posted: 14 Jan 2007 23:41

yanya

okidoki

I just wondered. Usually when an artist releases a single they release another songle soon after that to promote the album. They usually relaese two or three singles.

Esther
# Posted: 15 Jan 2007 00:26

yanya
We are waiting for the album! And it's gonna be in spring.
YEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!

When fans ask Ruslana when the album will be released she answers: "Do you want just an album or a good one?". We don't ask her about it anymore....
I rather wait a while (with patience) then get an album that is crab! Ruslana makes really beautifull music and songs but to write and make them takes time. So I wait. That makes the album even better!! But that is my opinion.
I waited 3 years after book 4 from Harry Potter and then after that one another 2 years for book 6 and now I am also waiting for 1,5 year/2 years for the 7th and last book. To be honest I hope it is going to posponed.

yanya
# Posted: 15 Jan 2007 10:40

susanne
I just wondered. Usually when an artist releases a single they release another songle soon after that to promote the album. They usually relaese two or three singles.

usually for whom? Maybe for European singers. To tell the truth it's not normal to release singles for Ukrainian singers. Ukrainians won't buy just a single that's why i don't know any Ukrainian singer except Ruslana who has a single. She releases it mostly for Europe. In Ukraine we can't buy the single "Wild energy" alone - just with the book.

susanne
# Posted: 15 Jan 2007 13:08

yanya

When I was at about 14 years old teenagers just bought singles from your weekly allowence. Or I just taped the songs from the radio, but now the single market has collapsed due to the internet. But you can still buy single. They won't sell a lot, but they are avaliable. I think it is a tradition here. My father still has singles and records from the beatles.

Katherine
# Posted: 15 Jan 2007 13:49

yanya

susanne

Although singles don't sell due to MP3's they are still made purely to promote, with a video very oftern... ukrainian or not, ruslana wont be able to sell accross europe without a single to promote... otherwise who will know about it. people like to know what they are buying before they buy it, a chat show or review wont do that...
anyway i thought the single amazon was next? what has happend to that?

Lussekatt
# Posted: 15 Jan 2007 14:24

yanya
She releases it mostly for Europe. In Ukraine we can't buy the single "Wild energy" alone - just with the book.

hm....but Ruslanas singles cant be found in Europe and certainly not Wild Energy. It was never released outside Ukraine or am I wrong? and we who have it got it from Ukraine with ukrainian lyrics (nothing wrong with that as I still prefer her ukrainian songs before english) As far as I know the english version was never released....

Katherine
ukrainian or not, ruslana wont be able to sell accross europe without a single to promote... otherwise who will know about it. people like to know what they are buying before they buy it, a chat show or review wont do that...

yeah, it seemes like a culture diffrence here...

i thought the single amazon was next? what has happend to that?

I dont think I ever heard that song... Have you or anyone?

Christiane
# Posted: 15 Jan 2007 15:00 - Edited by: Christiane

susanne
When I was at about 14 years old teenagers just bought singles from your weekly allowence.
When I was a teenager, I used to buy some singles as well.

Or I just taped the songs from the radio
I used to do that as well, but some day, the radio stations stopped to play the whole songs.

Lussekatt
but Ruslanas singles cant be found in Europe and certainly not Wild Energy.
Except Wild Dances and Dance with the wolves.

Katherine
ukrainian or not, ruslana wont be able to sell accross europe without a single to promote
It doesn´t make any difference, wether she´d release a single or an album in western Europe.....the promotion just doesn´t go well, that´s the point.

Envy
# Posted: 15 Jan 2007 19:20 - Edited by: Envy

Christiane
Except Wild Dances and Dance with the wolves.
I bought my copy of 'The Same Star' - single also in a belgian store

Envy
# Posted: 15 Jan 2007 19:36

yanya
usually for whom? Maybe for European singers. To tell the truth it's not normal to release singles for Ukrainian singers.
When i was in Ukraine i was searching all the musicstores for singles. When i asked my ukrainian boyfriend 'where can i find the singles?', he said 'What singles????' From that point i realised that indeed singles are not available in Ukraine and off course stopped searching :)

When you buy a single in Belgium (any performer: belgian, american, european, ruslana) it costs 5 euro.
In most cases there are only 2 songs on a single.
When you buy a full album here, it costs between 16 and 25 euro.
Cause of the difference in prices people that are only interested in 1 particular song only buy the single (very normal reaction).
I guess singles are so popular in western-europe because of the high prices of full albums (this is not the case in Ukraine)

susanne
# Posted: 15 Jan 2007 19:51

Christiane

The reason why they stopped playing the whole songs or started chatting through the song was because of taping. I'm moving now and i found old tapes.

Envy

I think they never had singles in eastern europe because they didn't have a free market. Here the record companies wanted the milk the successes as long as possible. And a single is a way of finding out whether a band works. When the first single was a flop they ususally didn't get the change to make another single.

Katherine
# Posted: 16 Jan 2007 05:03

Christiane
It doesn´t make any difference, wether she´d release a single or an album in western Europe.....the promotion just doesn´t go well, that´s the point.

that is very true but singers however do still make it to the west, recently helena paparizou with mambo. But if ruslana doesnt make any promotion at all, it wont work for her full stop... not that theres a bigger chance with a single, because to be realistic there isnt, but it helps.

Envy

When you buy a single in Belgium (any performer: belgian, american, european, ruslana) it costs 5 euro.
In most cases there are only 2 songs on a single.

wow!! its only £2 for a single and £10 - £15 for an album depending on the amount of songs, which theoretically works out the same when exchanged but even so seems like your paying a lot more.

Christiane
# Posted: 16 Jan 2007 11:15

Envy
This is not surprising since the promotion didn´t go quite well in Belgium. "The same star" hasn´t been released in Germany at all.

susanne
The reason why they stopped playing the whole songs or started chatting through the song was because of taping.
Yes, I know, that´s what I meant.

I'm moving now and i found old tapes.
My husband has still got a lot of old tapes also. I used to tape some songs, when I was young, but didn´t keep the tapes.

Katherine
but singers however do still make it to the west, recently helena paparizou with mambo.
This is the current way in western Europe to promote an artist, that´s right.

But if ruslana doesnt make any promotion at all, it wont work for her full stop
If you´re an artist, it´s very difficult to promote yourself. To say the truth, it´s almost impossible. As an artist you should concentrate on your work and shouldn´t waste energy for the promotion, I think. So you need a management for that job and a record company, which does the promotion....and last but not least, you need money (this branch isn´t named music industries for nothing....it´s all about money). We´ve discussed this subject many times here in the forum.

ruslanasite
# Posted: 16 Jan 2007 17:23

Ruslana should focus on her new album right now.

Guido
# Posted: 16 Jan 2007 18:59

So did I. And the album Wild Dances.
I only ordered Wild energy from (?) Mario.

Lussekatt
# Posted: 16 Jan 2007 23:30

susanne
Christiane
I'm moving now and i found old tapes.
My husband has still got a lot of old tapes also. I used to tape some songs, when I was young, but didn´t keep the tapes.

and I have kept all my old tapes from my childhood and when I grew up. As original they can be as I used to edit them by then. But I have a lot of tapes that is pure autentic recordings from the radio (when still the whole song was played) I keep them easy accesable in the guestappartment in the next house. When I go there and work I can sometimes listen to them and think its cool. But I can easily get crazy listening to too much 80´s music so its not so often.... But now we have bought a portable CD player that I can bring there so I can finally listen to Ruslana and other music on CD without computer!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 4; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 19 [14 Apr 2021 14:36]

These forums are running on discussion forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2021 admin | Ruslana. Official site