- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ”крањнська - –усский - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Wild Energy project / Wild Energy/ Dyka Energija book
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
cora
# Posted: 15 Aug 2009 14:04

Alex__Angel
Much of the text already translated, it is correct that not already

Interesting Irene has translated large parts of the book here. That's very good and helpful. Still I would prefer to hold an actual book in my hands rather than reading a text on the computer screen.

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 15 Aug 2009 15:24 - Edited by: Alex__Angel

cora

Interesting Irene has translated large parts of the book here...
there is not all - only 1/3 part, I have translated the all text of the book.

Still I would prefer to hold an actual book in my hands rather than reading a text on the computer screen.
so I am going to make a version suitable for printing on paper;)

Stages
1 program transfer
2 translation is translated words
----- (if the authors and the office be allowed to - continue)
3 proofreading and correcting inaccuracies (help?)
4 location of the text under the A5 format (A4 for the closing halves)
5 down pages to "notebooks"
6 *. pdf file ready for printing
7. Cover ready for printing

as a result of the book is not what will not be printed from the machine ...

P.S. There was once someone said that the hand-assembly is not suitable ... but it's better than nothing.

P.P.S Of course better than to ask permission from Ruslana or Dyachenko, but it still offends

cora
# Posted: 16 Aug 2009 17:28

Alex__Angel
so I am going to make a version suitable for printing on paper;)
Wow! That's really a lot of work! Great, that you want to do that! It's very much appreciated!

Katherine
# Posted: 17 Aug 2009 03:32

wespecz
It's probably not going to be released anymore. It was supposed to be released in autumn 2007 or spring 2008 if I remember right. Now Ruslana is preparing a new project

Surely Ruslana wouldn't be the one releasing it, the publication company of the book would. Its a shame it seems like a really interesting book

cora
# Posted: 17 Aug 2009 06:16

Alex__Angel
3 proofreading and correcting inaccuracies (help?)

The sample translation you have given is understandable, but it would require a considerable amount of effort to make it also enjoyable to read. It would require much rewriting rather than proofreading, I am afraid.

but it's better than nothing.
Sure. I appreciate your effort very much.

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 17 Aug 2009 07:57

cora

but it would require a considerable amount of effort to make it also enjoyable to read
Yes, but we are doing a fan translation and not professional

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 19 Aug 2009 18:57

translated completely finished, do more

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 20 Aug 2009 12:26 - Edited by: Alex__Angel

Finished. Evening sent to the e-mail for content site Official International Ruslana Fan Club

could be - to download, print and assemble the book "Wild Energy. Lana" in English

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 20 Aug 2009 15:38 - Edited by: Alex__Angel

cover

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 20 Aug 2009 17:29

Alex__Angel

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 08:06

nikoleta_rangelova

submit. Look where there are errors, write where, corrected and sent again.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 08:28 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Alex__Angel
Thanks a lot for your effort.

Look where there are errors, write where, corrected

I'm sorry, but this is impossible to correct. It would take no less time than probably the time needed to re-write the whole book. There are tens of "mistakes" in each sentence, it is impossible to understand the basics of the sentences sometimes.

If I had to edit the whole book, I'd need to read the Russian version parallel to the one online translated that you've made, in order to get the meaning from Russian and then try to convey this same meaning in English. In this way I'd need to make an entire translation of the book, translation with "meaning" because the online translator's translation is just mechanical translation word by word. And it does not change the word order from language to language either. Russian has one word order, Engish has another. If in Russian you can have a sentence without a subject and we understand what the subject is from the context, it is not so (or rarely) in English, so the translator adds "It" as a subject everywhere and makes an even greater mess. Also, inanimate objects in Russian/UA/BG have gender (feminine, masculine, not only neuter), while in English inanimate objects are always "it". But the translator doesn't work in this way. It translates directly, mechanically, may be based on the suffixes of words. Thus, Russian suffix for feminine in an inanimate object becomes a SHE in English which is incorrect. Apart from that, online translators seem not to have women as a part of the world, as so often they translate only in masculine, haha. (I don't know if this is also the case in your online translation).
These are only the most noticable mistakes I listed.

If I had known I'd be given the responsible task to edit and translate a whole book, I'd have prepared by at least re-reading the Russian version. I can't now promise anything because even if I had been notified earlier, the whole thing would have taken no less than months. You also know what nonsenses online translators produce. It is a punishment to read, unfortunately.

However, the design and appearance of the book you've created is amazing. And inside too. It will be really pity to lose this, it's beautiful.

Have you got a permission for translating and possibly publishing the book in English by the authors or the office?

================================================

Alex__Angel
Ѕольшое спасибо за ваши усили€!

Look where there are errors, write where, corrected

»звини, но это невозможно исправить. Ёто займет не меньше времени, чем, веро€тно, врем€, необходимое дл€ повторного ввода всей книги. —уществуют дес€тки "ошибок" в каждом предложении, невозможно пон€ть основы приговоров иногда.

≈сли бы мне пришлось изменить всю книгу, € бы нужно читать на русском €зыке параллельно с одной онлайн перевод, который вы сделали, дл€ того чтобы получить значение с русского, а затем попытатьс€ передать этот же смысл в јнглийский. “аким образом, € бы необходимо, чтобы весь перевод этой книги, перевод на "смысл", поскольку онлайн-переводчик, перевод, просто механического перевода слово в слово. » это не мен€ет пор€док слов с €зыка на €зык либо. –оссийска€ имеет один р€д слово тем, English другой. ≈сли на русском €зыке вы можете получить приговор без предмета, и мы понимаем, что этот вопрос из контекста, это не так (или редко) на јнглийский, так что переводчик добавл€ет, "оно" в качестве предмета повсеместно и делает еще больший беспор€док .  роме того, неодушевленных предметов на русском €зыке / UA / BG иметь пол (женский, мужской, а не только средний род), в то врем€ как в јнглийский неодушевленных предметах всегда "оно". Ќо переводчик не работает таким образом. ќн переводитс€ непосредственно, механически, могут быть основаны на аббревиатурой слов. “аким образом, русский суффикс дл€ женственности в неодушевленный объект становитс€ ќЌј на јнглийский, который €вл€етс€ неверным.  роме того, онлайн переводчики, похоже, не женщин, как часть мира, как это часто они переводить только в мужской, хаха. (я не знаю, если это имеет место в вашем онлайн-перевод).
Ёто лишь самые заметные ошибки, € перечислил.

≈сли бы € знал, € бы, учитыва€ ответственна€ задача дл€ редактировани€ и перевести всю книгу, € был подготовлен по меньшей мере, повторное чтение на русском €зыке. я не могу сейчас ничего обещать, поскольку, даже если бы € была уведомлена ранее, все это зан€ло бы не меньше мес€ца. ¬ам также известно, какие nonsenses онлайн переводчики продукции. Ёто наказание дл€ чтени€, к сожалению.

“ем не менее, дизайн и внешний вид книги, которую вы уже создали удивительно. » внутри тоже. Ёто будет очень жаль тер€ть на это, он красивый.

” вас есть разрешение на перевод и, возможно, опубликовать книгу на јнглийский к авторам или офис?

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 08:47 - Edited by: Alex__Angel

nikoleta_rangelova

Thanks for the explanation, I translated through
professional program

Have you got a permission for translating and possibly publishing the book in English by the authors or the office?

No, want to show how it will look around.

The publication ... is not that simple - race to the securities, money, publishers, sales
perhaps the authors have a normal translation, but unfortunately, they are unable to agree with people and issues described above
it is in such cases, fans can perform translation and distribute
across the fan sites, but only free of charge - in this case, it is not "piracy"

in any case ... We know how it will look at the output, it is possible to refine a partial translation of fans who are equally fluent in several languages

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 09:11

Alex__Angel
I translated through professional program

I see, but yet... Let's take a sentence from the very furst page, the 4th paragraph:

"The street messenger drives. I take from it to bank with energydrink,
I open, I pour out to Eve on a head."

Whoever the "street messenger" is, he must be a person, so in the second sentence we must not have IT, but HIM/HER. Then we should have SVO word order, so not "I take from him a bank(?!) ("can" may be?) of energy drink", but "I take a bank of energy drink from him", ... the edited sentence must look approximately this way:
"I take a can of energy drink from him, I open it and pour it out on Eve's head".

And the street messenger is probably a postman?

The publication ... is not that simple - race to the securities, money, publishers, sales ...

Yes, I see.

Great!

==============================================

я вижу, но все же ... ƒавайте предложение от самой первой странице, 4-й пункт:

"The street messenger drives. I take from it to bank with energydrink, I open, I pour out to Eve on a head."

==================================================

то в "уличных курьер" €вл€етс€, то он должен быть один человек, так что во втором предложении нам нe надо имет "it", a "him/her".

«атем мы должны были предмет глагол-объект пор€док слов, нет
"I take from him a bank of energy drink",
a
"I take a bank of energy drink from him".

2- что же такое "bank"? может быть "can" или "stock"?

отредактированный предложени€ должны смотреть примерно так:
"I take a can of energy drink from him, I open it and pour it out on Eve's head".

ѕо сравнению с
"I take from it to bank with energydrink, I open, I pour out to Eve on a head"

The publication ... is not that simple - race to the securities, money, publishers, sales

ƒа, € понимаю ..

чудесно!

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 21 Aug 2009 10:16 - Edited by: Alex__Angel

nikoleta_rangelova
Let's take a sentence from the very furst page, the 4th paragraph:

nyaya, craze

Great!
the only plus - this is a common type of

axur
# Posted: 27 Aug 2009 12:25

Will aan english version of the book gonna be released???

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 27 Aug 2009 12:54

axur
Proooooooooobably no :D Unfortunately..

Katherine
# Posted: 6 Sep 2009 19:10

Im going to write a script based of what i have read from wild energy,

However, there will be massive differences, to suit a film blockbuster and plus i havent read the whole book only bits of translated plots...

wespecz
# Posted: 7 Sep 2009 00:45

Katherine
Im going to write a script based of what i have read from wild energy,
Sounds great! For which purposse? For playing it as a performance in a theatre, for example?

Mariko
# Posted: 7 Sep 2009 07:57 - Edited by: Mariko

what's this book about?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 7 Sep 2009 08:13

Mariko

It is a book by Marina&Sergey Dyachenko, inspired by Ruslana's creativity. Here you go the plot:
==========================
The heroine, Lana, lives in the synthetic city and works as a pixel. Every evening millions of people, working as pixels, perform a 20-minute-light show for the other citizens. They wear colourful robes and during each sunset they receive commands in the form of music through headphones. Each command means a certain type of movement, so that by moving/dancing, different parts of their clothes are exposed to the sun rays, thus reflecting the sun light in different colours. All this can be seen on a huge screen in the synthetic city, where all citizens watch it.

After every light-show all pixels receive a packet of energy thank to which they survive till the next dose. If a pixel makes a mistake during a show, so that the picture appears distorted, they are punished by not receiving an energy packet. If they haven't stored anything from their previous doses, they will not survive the next day.

Lana's best friend, Eve, makes such a mistake and is not given a packet. Lana does her best to save her but doesn't succeed. In the synthetic city there is a rumour spread that some people don't need these packets of synthetic energy and can live on their own, by the energy their hearts and spirits produce. These people are chased by the energy police- they are slaughtered in the factory (mystic place about which no-one knows anything) and their energy is used for maintaining the lives of the synthetics by turning it into energy packets.

Lana is determined to find the Wild people and try to live by her own energy(the phrase "I'll find it or die" becomes the motto of the book and Ruslana's project.) She finds them in a place called Overground. Overground is located on the roofs of abandoned or ruined skyscrapers, high, where no-one can reach the Wild. They have created their own world and culture, own means of travelling- wings, own language- a language similar to this of the birds. Lana stays with them for a while, finds friends and she herself turns out to be a powerful generator of wild energy, for which she is chased by the energy police. Being in Overground she exposes also her friends to danger. One day, while she is not there, the energy police, in search for her, attack the Wild from Overground. When Lana returns, her home is devastated. She sets off to find and destroy the factory where her friends have most probably been taken.

On her way she meets the people-wolves, living in the woods, where she stays and learns how to summon the nature forces, which will help her destroy the factory. During those rituals she is helped by a small drum, given her as a present by an old guy from the synthetic city. She gathers a group of devoted young wild "wolves" and they go to fight with the factory and its devastating energy. The first attempt is not successful, the young wolves die, but she manages to enter the factory and is caught by the factory's host, who calls himself "The Heart of The Factory". Lana becomes his hostage and while she is there, the author, without being concrete, several times hints that the factory's host might be Lana's father (this is never directly said).

However Lana manages to escape and saves her Overground friends. They go back to the people-wolves, where they gather a team for a second time. Follows another fight with the factory. The characters' weapons are different musical or noise producing instruments, including drums and trembitas. The factory's power is deafening silence. All sounds, all rhythm is lost when approaching the factory. Its anti- rhythm is usually stronger than any other life energy, any life rhythm, any heart rhythm. Lana's task is to defeat this anti-rhythm and, by summoning lightnings, which have to strike simultaneously the several weakest parts of the factory, to destroy it.

The friends manage to do this, they enter the factory, but there, the factory's anti-rhythm almost kills them. They survive because "The Heart of The Factory" helps them by taking their place in the dangerous anti-rhythm zone. He dies and Lana and her friends remain safe and sound. The Wild go back to their homes and Lana becomes the new factory's host, the new "Heart of the Factory".
==================================

Mariko
# Posted: 7 Sep 2009 08:22

thanks

Katherine
# Posted: 8 Sep 2009 10:37

wespecz

Screenplay for a running time of 1:45

wespecz
# Posted: 8 Sep 2009 12:56

Katherine
Screenplay for a running time of 1:45
Great! That would be useful for some theater performance played by fans, but especially for enjoying Lana in English, we have "just" machine translation of that book so far. Go wild, thank you!

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 14 Sep 2009 08:24 - Edited by: Alex__Angel

to all

17 - 20 September in Kharkov is a traditional festival fantastastic "Star Bridge".
http://www.star-bridge.org/
The festival of meetings with famous science fiction writers including Marina Dyachenko

-------------------------------------------
Who has questions to Marina write here, if possible ask and write the answer on the forum.
------------------------------------------

wespecz
# Posted: 15 Sep 2009 23:42 - Edited by: wespecz

Alex__Angel
Thanks! I think that I have some.

1) Are you planning more cooperation with Ruslana?

2) Many international fans of Ruslana love your book Wild Energy. Lana. Are you still planning its English version?

Katherine
# Posted: 17 Sep 2009 16:49 - Edited by: Katherine

I've written the first five pages and already made a decision to cut out the overground... ill upload soon

Katherine
# Posted: 19 Sep 2009 01:54

Hey wespecz can I ask you a favour and could I send you an unfinished piece of the script? I'm not allowed to share as my scripts are protected and I can violate my copyrights by freely sharing plus I do not have the rights for using wild energy book for basis. Thanks!

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 21 Sep 2009 07:56 - Edited by: Alex__Angel

http://i034.radikal.ru/0909/8b/52456d00b71b.jpg

Almost first asked her questions from the international fan club Ruslana himself and got the answers (write your own words).

2 questions from the international fan club
Q Many foreign fans liked your novel Ruslana Wild Energy. Lana. Do you still plan to its publication in English,
+ Going to continue to cooperate with Ruslana?
And the publication of the novel in English, and a musical (do not show wild energy) where it is assumed many of the beautiful and mechanical wings ... and dob now temporarily suspended. (Crisis)

(Phew calmed, the press center is able to deal a body blow ... Ruslana's new project ... but about the fact that he was going to end and it did not say ...)

questions from me.
Question tactfully asked about the book
If you were writing a sequel Wild Energy Lana then whatever it was and about that ...
Mmmm ... It's hard to explain ... after it was toppled and Lana at the heart of the plant ...
If we imagine that something like "Three Fat Men" is the first about the overthrow of a continuation will be on about life after ...
(Nice answer, do not disclose the same plot And leave room for imagination)

Q
Fan-club deals with the creation of role-playing game based on the novel Wild Energy. Lana - The book describes only a few locations describe in writing the book as you have seen the global world?

Marina approved role-playing and said that in her view the world of the novel in the style of cyber - punk with a variety of intricate mechanisms and devices. About some locations you might guess from the context of the book, think of yourself.

Q
That is, if the synthetic city is not possible to manufacture switches, armor ... means ....
Marina nodded.

…ой, apparently carried away, walking in the beginning it was difficult to assemble and I was a little stuttering ... (excited), then went easier - 4 questions in a row it's time to give to others ... moreover already sounded a question from another person ...

Even during a meeting called a cemetery ... Mom forgot where I was supposed to go ... is awkward ... sounded a few seconds Willd energy c singles.
Marina - about what you have a good ringtone

It was still a lot of questions and interesting answers Marina ...

Katherine
# Posted: 21 Sep 2009 18:49

Alex__Angel

So there not doing a publicaton in english?

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on bulletin board script miniBB™ © 2001-2021 admin | Ruslana. Official site