WildYennifer
# Posted: 22 Mar 2010 18:41

We wild
Wow, indeed! Thanks;)

cora
# Posted: 22 Mar 2010 18:43 - Edited by: cora

We wild
In YouTube ShaneDawsonTV you can listen Cry It Out melody on 1:47

Well spotted. This gives us another clue that it is a public domain melody.

Apart from that, I wonder why a video like this receives more than 1 million views.

WildYennifer
# Posted: 22 Mar 2010 18:49

cora
indeed, I can think only about 1000000 searchers of CIO melody

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 22 Mar 2010 18:54

We wild
Thanks!

and... FEH*** :D:F

cora
Apart from that, I wonder why a video like this receives more than 1 million views.

I've stumbled across this user's vidoes before, too. Perhaps... it's some... reeeeely great though weird sense of humour %)

We wild
# Posted: 22 Mar 2010 19:21

WildYennifer
nikoleta_rangelova
cora
I wonder why a video like this receives more than 1 million views.

Katherine
# Posted: 23 Mar 2010 23:42

cora

It is a public melody, its part of the garageband samples also the girl that rules melody is a sample (the samples are both produced by ego works orchestra). I posted the sample on here last year

Katherine
# Posted: 23 Mar 2010 23:53

nikoleta_rangelova

Garageband is a music program on Apple Mac, not a site. You can't get garageband on windows.

cora
The song was written by this "Music Mike". Maybe he used a public domain melody expecting that no-one would notice.

It was originally written by him. He sold the rights to the samples to Apple. It's in garageband licensing. However he did not use the samples for Ruslana, he re-recorded it in a different key.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 25 Mar 2010 17:32

Katherine
Aha, okay, thanks.

wespecz
# Posted: 26 Mar 2010 15:54 - Edited by: wespecz

Katherine
It is a public melody, its part of the garageband samples also the girl that rules melody is a sample (the samples are both produced by ego works orchestra). I posted the sample on here last year
I think that you properely replied to the main question of this topic.

cora
# Posted: 27 Mar 2010 09:38

Katherine
It was originally written by him. He sold the rights to the samples to Apple. It's in garageband licensing.

Very interesting information, thank you! May I ask how do you know this?

However he did not use the samples for Ruslana, he re-recorded it in a different key.

The Cry it Out samples we heard in different sources are exactly the same as the one in the Ruslana song. I wonder why Music Mike sold the sample and later used it for Ruslana. In my opinion a song written for Ruslana should be unique and not some recycled sample.

Katherine
# Posted: 27 Mar 2010 16:15

cora
The Cry it Out samples we heard in different sources are exactly the same as the one in the Ruslana song.

there not the same, its been re-recorded

In my opinion a song written for Ruslana should be unique and not some recycled sample.

1. It happens all the time, 2. He just obviously found a better use for the sample, would you not agree?

there are lots of samples and instrumentals i have produced maybe a year ago, and now recording with an artist. Doesn't mean its a recycled sample, it just means i have found the right person to sing to it. It's how it works normally.

cora
# Posted: 27 Mar 2010 17:00

Katherine
It's how it works normally

there are lots of samples and instrumentals i have produced maybe a year ago, and now recording with an artist.

I recall that you study music business (or something like that). Have you finished your study? Do you work in the music industry now?

Katherine
# Posted: 28 Mar 2010 01:49 - Edited by: Katherine

cora
I recall that you study music business (or something like that). Have you finished your study? Do you work in the music industry now?

I study Media Production, in which i study the media business, including music, but mainly do a practicals with film, animation and music.

I have one more year left, scary stuff!

cora
# Posted: 27 May 2010 10:50

Last night I watched a documentary about the Titanic and - guess what - the background music was the Cry It Out melody! Quite amazing how widely spread this melody is!

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 27 May 2010 11:32

cora

That is awesome.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 27 May 2010 11:58

great

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 18 Oct 2010 11:56

Enriching the collection : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFJVnkZO33A&feature=related

cora
# Posted: 19 Oct 2010 06:22

nikoleta_rangelova
Enriching the collection

Wow, it's really widely spread.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 8; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on free forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2021 admin | Ruslana. Official site