- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / International / ICELANDIC TOPIC
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Christiane
# Posted: 10 Nov 2005 11:30

Guntram
hvernig er það að fara þú?
Wenn ich diesen Satz bei dem Online-Übersetzer eingebe, den ich gefunden habe, kommt folgendes heraus: wie gibt man kuscheln zu fahren Sie? :-D

Guntram
# Posted: 10 Nov 2005 11:40

Christiane

Ich hatte umgedreht eingegeben: "Guten morgen. Wie geht es Euch?". Da ist ja nicht ein einziges Wort richtig "angekommen" :-(

Christiane
# Posted: 10 Nov 2005 11:55

Guntram
Ich habe bis jetzt noch keinen einzigen Translator erlebt, bei dem der eingegebene Satz auch richtig ankommt.

Conny
# Posted: 10 Nov 2005 14:51

Birkir
Moderator er það stjórnandi?

Kannski miðlari? Admin er stjórnandi, helt ég.

Vá! Við erum nú þegar á annarri síðu!

Conny
# Posted: 10 Nov 2005 14:52

Christiane
Guntram

wie gibt man kuscheln zu fahren Sie?
LOL

sandra_
# Posted: 10 Nov 2005 19:18

Birkir
no, I dont was in Iceland but you live in a beautiful place, thank you for the pictures!! And where you was in Spain?

Conny
# Posted: 10 Nov 2005 23:15 - Edited by: Conny

sandra_
beautiful place

Yes, it is indeed very beautiful. Here you can view my photos from this summers journey to Iceland.

Birkir
# Posted: 10 Nov 2005 23:42

sandra_
I was in Torremolinos. Gibraltar and around there for 2 weeks. It was wery nice and hot. Were in spain are you from?

Birkir
# Posted: 11 Nov 2005 00:03

sandra_
Conny
If you vanna see some pic from iceland you can go to www.islandsmyndir.is

sandra_
# Posted: 11 Nov 2005 19:27

Birkir
I live in a little city near of Lleida, in south of Andorra. Thnx for the website!!

Ginta
# Posted: 11 Nov 2005 20:18

I live in city Koknese. This city is very small.

Birkir
# Posted: 11 Nov 2005 21:57

Have you pepole seen that before? http://photobucket.com/albums/c270/Birkir/?
041e54c6.jpg GOOD

Conny
# Posted: 21 Nov 2005 17:27

Birkir

Ég er buín að senda þér fjora DVD diskana í dag. Njóttu þeirra :-) Ég hlakka til diskanna þinna.

Have you pepole seen that before?

Oh dear ...

huiwes
# Posted: 23 Dec 2009 10:39 - Edited by: huiwes

Cora
Well the second topic I did proceed after 4 years. I have been looking at the messages and the Icelandic on it. Does it have any links with Scandinavian languages....?

As far as the folktales concerns. I like to read them because it says something about communities where they were told. I collected a reasonable number of Ukrainian folktales.
As far as the Icelandic folktales concerns I sometime ago bought a book on a bookmarket with Icelandic folktales. It triggered me because I didn't knew anything about those. The book I bought is Hrafnkel's saga. it also contains some other stories. You made me remind that book.

cora
# Posted: 27 Dec 2009 19:19

huiwes
Well the second topic I did proceed after 4 years.

Wow, cool.

Does it have any links with Scandinavian languages....?

Yes. Norse is the original Germanic language from which the Scandinavian and also German and Dutch developed from. Modern Icelandic is closer to Norse than to other modern Scandanavian languages. Icelandic has stayed almost "pure" for 1000 years, while all the other languages developed.

By the way, Conny = cora

The book I bought is Hrafnkel's saga.

Don't know this one.

Guido
# Posted: 27 Dec 2009 19:52

Conny = cora
Falsifying statistics ?
Don't mention it. Two days ago I said to some of our best friends I should prepare some food for myself and my best friends Ufo-G and GuidoTube.

huiwes
# Posted: 28 Dec 2009 22:19

cora

Yes. Norse is the original Germanic language from which the Scandinavian and also German and Dutch developed from. Modern Icelandic is closer to Norse than to other modern Scandanavian languages. Icelandic has stayed almost "pure" for 1000 years, while all the other languages developed
Didn't know that the original Germanic language was Norse. Wow, this forum does contribute to my general knowledge

By the way, Conny = cora
Conny sounds very Icelandic

Don't know this one.
That might change ....

cora
# Posted: 29 Dec 2009 18:32

huiwes
Wow, this forum does contribute to my general knowledge

Conny sounds very Icelandic

Not really. Well, I had a different reason for using a different nick for half a year in 2005.

That might change ....

Yeah I have to have a look at my Icelandic books again.

Guido
# Posted: 29 Dec 2009 20:26

I had a different reason for using a different nick for half a year in 2005
I have a clue but I understand
I don't think it helped.

huiwes
# Posted: 29 Dec 2009 22:35 - Edited by: huiwes

cora
Guido
Not really. Well, I had a different reason for using a different nick for half a year in 2005. I have a clue but I understand I don't think it helped.
Well, this forum is full of surprises, secrets....etc.. But don't worry I don't want to know....

cora
Yeah I have to have a look at my Icelandic books again.

I put in in an envelope. It is rather tiny and old but I hope you have fun with it.

cora
# Posted: 30 Dec 2009 09:13

huiwes

I just found a video about Húsavík Whale Watching and the whale museum where I worked as a volunteer for 2 months in summer 2001.

And some Icelandic music: Maistjarnan and Krummavísur.

I put in in an envelope. It is rather tiny and old but I hope you have fun with it.

That's very kind of you. Thank a lot!

huiwes
# Posted: 30 Dec 2009 22:34 - Edited by: huiwes

cora
I just found a video about Húsavík Whale Watching and the whale museum where I worked as a volunteer for 2 months in summer 2001.
I just looked at this video. Spectacular to see those whales swimming. Where you there in the period that the whales came, did you see them. If so (which I presume) that must be a great experience? May I ask why Iceland and what did you do there as a volunteer?

Maistjarnan
Beautiful song which perfectly catches the pictures of the vid.

Krummavísur.
I like that kind of songs sung in the original language. What is Krummelavisur.

That's very kind of you. Thank a lot!
You are welcome

cora
# Posted: 31 Dec 2009 09:08

huiwes
Where you there in the period that the whales came,

The coasts of Iceland and particularly the bay of Húsavík is full of whales all summer long. There are several whale-watching opportunities all around the country.

did you see them. If so (which I presume) that must be a great experience?

Unfortunately I suffer from severe seasickness. I went out with the boat only twice, but I got so sick that I couldn't enjoy the whales.

May I ask why Iceland and what did you do there as a volunteer?

In Iceland almost all people are in favour of whaling. The whale museum was set up by one of the few Icelandic opponents of whaling with the aim to educate his fellow country-men that whaling is not necessary and that whale-watching is a much better and more effective way of "using" the "natural recourses of the sea". The museum is in need of volunteers during the tourist season and I wanted to support this good cause.

My tasks were: museum guidings and lectures for tourists, selling tickets and souvenirs at the reception and tidying up the museum. Another task for the volunteers which I couldn't do because of my seasickness was guiding the whale-watching tours on the boats and taking photos of the whales (With the photos each individual whale can be identified and the pictures are used for a research programme on the migrations of the whales).

Unfortunately dispite the great sucess of whale-watching and all the effort of the people of the whale museum Iceland resumed whaling in 2003.

I like that kind of songs sung in the original language. What is Krummelavisur.

It's called "Ravensong" and it's about ravens having a hard time finding food during the winter.

huiwes
# Posted: 31 Dec 2009 13:21

cora
Unfortunately I suffer from severe seasickness. I went out with the boat only twice, but I got so sick that I couldn't enjoy the whales.
Well I can imagine but what a pity. It seems you have seasickness or you don't have it. Have you ever tried Seaband. It is based on accupressure and I have some good results with one of my daughters who suffers from carsickness (http://www.sea-band.com)

In Iceland almost all people are in favour of whaling.
Didn't know that. I always associate whaling with Japan.

The museum is in need of volunteers during the tourist season and I wanted to support this good cause.
Indeed a good cause to do so. Must be quite an experience. It has not anything to do with you profession then? It seems to suit!? But wat was first the good cause for whales or your love for Iceland?

What is Krummelavisur. It's called "Ravensong" and it's about ravens having a hard time finding food during the winter.
Thanks for the translation. Maybe because it hardly change but Icelandic seems unfamiliar to me in contradiction with a language Swedish which I do not speak either but whered some words can be recognised.

cora
# Posted: 1 Jan 2010 16:59

huiwes
Have you ever tried Seaband.

Yes, but it doesn't work for me.

It has not anything to do with you profession then?

No. It was a private initiative.

But wat was first the good cause for whales or your love for Iceland?

My respect for animals in general was there first. The volunteer work was a perfect opportunity to combine two of my compassions.

Maybe because it hardly change but Icelandic seems unfamiliar

Yes, Icelandic is quite different.

huiwes
# Posted: 3 Jan 2010 12:26

cora
Yes, Icelandic is quite different.
And how is your Icelandic-practice now?
Did you ever returned after 2001....

I am glad you received my post. Enjoy

cora
# Posted: 5 Jan 2010 18:30

huiwes
And how is your Icelandic-practice now?

Very poor. If you don't continuously practice a foreign language, you simply forget it. If I take a look at what I have written in this topic four years ago, I can understand it well, but I wouldn't be able to create these sentences now without a lot of effort (looking words and grammar up).

Did you ever returned after 2001....

Yes, in 2002, 2003 and 2005.

Yannis
# Posted: 6 Feb 2010 06:33 - Edited by: Yannis

Does anybody know the band Sigur Rós? And if so, what do you think about it?

E.g. Sigur Rós - Heima (DVDs).

This is not mainstream (!), be careful, but very interesting and relaxing to watch at. They often show the beautiful landscape of the island during their songs.

Just the main singer (male) sings at a very high level and is not so much my cup of tea. But the unusual singing somehow fits to this mystique kind of music. After listening to the DVDs for several hours I'm quite impressed about the content: It is so unusual, strange but meditative and interesting. The band travels all over Iceland, from village to village to give spontaneous concerts with all kinds of instruments, sometimes only stone plates of Iceland mountains but also electric guitars and drums. People gather in small town halls or in beautiful nature and listen to that mysterious sounds and Icelandic original lyrics. All people are sitting together, very young children and elderly people. But nobody makes a noice, even not the children, nobody smiles. All the people seem to get into a kind of trance, concentrated, enjoying this trip into dreams or past. You can easily fall asleep listening to that music! Not because it's boring but it's in harmony with nature and soul.

Sounds stupid but that's my impression - and I know thousands of discs of various artists. This made me order the great nature documentation mentioned in the next posting; the singing is done by my beloved Isgaard, a great German folk singer http://isgaard.com/de/ who is also doing projects with the great German artist SCHILLER http://musik.schillerserver.de/index.php .

(There are samples in Youtube available...)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Sigur+R%C3%B3s+-+Heima&search_type=&aq=f

Yannis
# Posted: 6 Feb 2010 09:34

ICELAND 63° 66° N - A Fantastic Journey Through a Fantastic Country"
http://www.islandfilm.de/

cora
# Posted: 6 Feb 2010 15:22

Yannis
Does anybody know the band Sigur Rós? And if so, what do you think about it?

Yes, I know them. Not my taste of music. It's boring in my opinion.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 247 [7 Jun 2019 14:16]

These forums are running on PHP forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2019 admin | Ruslana. Official site