Interviews with Ruslana (3)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Mass-Media / Interviews with Ruslana
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
flipsty
# Posted: 5 Nov 2008 12:42

I just thought Ruslana was a Catholic (or something like that) and she's always causing people to have lustful thoughts.

wespecz
# Posted: 5 Nov 2008 12:56 - Edited by: wespecz

flipsty
As me and Cora told you, Ruslana is using natural way and she's not trying to shock by such a things or by scandals like some other famous people do.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 5 Nov 2008 13:37

flipsty
she's always causing people to have lustful thoughts.
Always or recently? By words or what?

she's not trying to shock by such a things or by scandals like some other famous people do.
Indeed, Ruslana is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from what many stars are.

flipsty
# Posted: 5 Nov 2008 14:12 - Edited by: flipsty

nikoleta_rangelova

Since about it seems Ruslana's been trying to gain popularity by hopping about in her panties,

edit: Maybe not "trying to", the panties might be what attracted some.

Guido
# Posted: 5 Nov 2008 17:32

the panties might be what attracted some.

She doesn't need panties to attract me. Don't misunderstand me : WD on the radio was enough for me.

Ruslana is using natural way
Indeed. The second time I met her she was going on stage and even then she was very natural.

and she's not trying to shock by such a things or by scandals like some other famous people do.
And that's why I like her. I never heard a popstar saying : My husband is my best friend...

cora
# Posted: 5 Nov 2008 17:40

flipsty
she's always causing people to have lustful thoughts.
So what?

wespecz
Ruslana is using natural way and she's not trying to shock by such a things or by scandals like some other famous people do.

Exactly!

wespecz
# Posted: 5 Nov 2008 18:03

nikoleta_rangelova
Indeed, Ruslana is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from what many stars are.
Yes, she's sun who to love.

Guido
Indeed. The second time I met her she was going on stage and even then she was very natural.
I believe! I can see the same in all the videos.

And that's why I like her. I never heard a popstar saying : My husband is my best friend...
Yes, other stars are changing partners faster than year is changing its number. But Ruslana have one partner forever.

cora
# Posted: 5 Nov 2008 21:47

No, but I very much want to buy a wolf cub next year."

Oh, no! Wolves live in packs. To keep one on its own in captivity is really cruel. They are not suitable as pets anyway, don't become tame. I can only hope that this is one of those things which she announces and will do.

"I break my own schedule a hundred times a day, I like overloading myself - I'm curious where's the limit of what I am capable of. Oh I'm capable!!!!!)"

That's very true ;-)

TomUK
# Posted: 7 Nov 2008 19:50

http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/eurovision/2008/11/ten_exclusive_ten_things_ eurov.html

Another interview with Ruslana!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 7 Nov 2008 20:07

TomUK
Thank you!!

Don't know why, I liked the 10th secret the most But... was it a secrtet?

tenth, I absolutely love my fans and I miss Eurovision - your wild Ruslana is with you as always !!!!

I will have a big open-air project called Not for Sale in collaboration with the United Nations and the European Broadcasting Union I am starting to work on the American version of the Wild Energy album; eighth, the album will feature three new duets with famous international stars;

This gives some topics for speculation

I broke a finger while shooting my last music video and it hasn't healed very well;

Guido
# Posted: 7 Nov 2008 21:06

But... was it a secret?
hehe no
This gives some topics for speculation
No : wild dreams :-)

wespecz
# Posted: 7 Nov 2008 22:10

TomUK
Another interview with Ruslana!
Thank you very much! Ruslana is giving interview to British press so often? That's great!

nikoleta_rangelova
But... was it a secrtet?
Maybe not for forum members who know everything even before it comes true.

cora
# Posted: 7 Nov 2008 22:13

wespecz
Ruslana is giving interview to British press so often? That's great!

It's the same interview. It was just split into to parts.

cora
# Posted: 7 Nov 2008 22:16

Manchester Evening News 2nd part:

Eurovision Exclusive - Ten Things Eurovision Fans Didn't Know About Ruslana and Her Thoughts on Entering Again!

In a recent interview with Peter Devine from the M.E.N. blog Ukranian Eurovision winner and international superstar Ruslana was asked to name ten things fans didn't know about her, and explain whether she would like to participate in Eurovision again. Here are her responses:

Ruslana - "Ten things fans don't know about me. First, I met Tony Blair in the Ukraine; second, I recently finished my album Wild Dances in Britain; third, I have been activily supporting Green and renewable energy; fourth, I will have a big open-air project called Not for Sale in collaboration with the United Nations and the European Broadcasting Union; fifth, I am one of the voices in GTA IV; six, my younger sister wants to be a film director; seventh, I am starting to work on the American version of the Wild Energy album; eighth, the album will feature three new duets with famous international stars; ninth, I broke a finger while shooting my last music video and it hasn't healed very well; tenth, I absolutely love my fans and I miss Eurovision - your wild Ruslana is with you as always !!!!

PD - Would you consider singing at Eurovision for the Ukraine or indeed another country?

Ruslana - "Under the circumstances I have some very special and strong motivation, and if I have to save the world in this manner, I'll go. But so far I don't have such motivation."

1st part

wespecz
# Posted: 7 Nov 2008 22:20

cora
It's the same interview. It was just split into to parts.
Manchester Evening News 2nd part:
So that's the second Tom's link, then. Thank you!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 8 Nov 2008 12:24 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Ten Things Eurovision Fans Didn't Know About Ruslana

Aha, Eurovision fans, not Ruslana's fans Ruslana's fans knew some of the things

wild dreams :-)
Yes

I don't understand this:
I recently finished my album Wild Dances in Britain;
How was WD "finished" in Britain? And how recently is "recently"?

And a question offtopic, why do they say THE Ukraine?!

cora
# Posted: 8 Nov 2008 12:59

nikoleta_rangelova
recently finished my album Wild Dances in Britain;
How was WD "finished" in Britain? And how recently is "recently"?

I havn't got a clue what she means with this.

I am starting to work on the American version of the Wild Energy album; eighth, the album will feature three new duets with famous international stars;

A third version of the album? That surprises me. I thought the current one was especially produced for the U.S. market. That was the reason for the colaborations with T-Pan and Missy Elliot. And now she wants to "start working" on a new version? Oh my God. How long is this going to take?

I broke a finger while shooting my last music video and it hasn't healed very well

Oh, I am sorry that it is not healing well.

tenth, I absolutely love my fans and I miss Eurovision - your wild Ruslana is with you as always !!!!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 8 Nov 2008 13:07

Oh my God. How long is this going to take?
Hahaha ?? How long???

the album will feature three new duets with famous international stars;
And this? Does it mean that the albums will have now 5 duets? Or the current WE with the 2 duets is one thing, and a new one will appear with 3 other? This is smart if so, haha

International stars- not only American? May be this time some other genre, not Pain&Elliot?

I recently finished my album Wild Dances in Britain;
Imagine, she has recorded an album, called Wild Dances- the best Including WD, WE songs and,..... the three new duets, ahha, well, Guido said it: dreams

Guido
# Posted: 8 Nov 2008 13:32

start working
17/11/05 she said she was prepairing a new album
18/11/05 she said : I give you my wild energy
(The other fans had too wait a bit longer :-))
So ... But a third version would surprise me too. tse ne dobre

your wild Ruslana is with you as always !!!!

why do they say THE Ukraine?!
Because they are very stupid.
Before 1991 Ukraine was a region (source : Google) , so you could say THE, as we in our language say "de Limburg" or "de Vlaanders".
But since it's a state now, it's Ukraine.
BTW wasn't it a (soviet) republic before 1991 ?

TomUK
# Posted: 8 Nov 2008 16:03

erm, trust me British people arn't Stupid!
Some might be, but most are not!

cora
# Posted: 8 Nov 2008 16:14 - Edited by: cora

TomUK
erm, trust me British people arn't Stupid!

I am sure he didn't mean ALL British people, but was referring to the person who used the article "the" for Ukraine.

nikoleta_rangelova
And a question offtopic, why do they say THE Ukraine?!

I'll take this to to language topic.

cora
# Posted: 8 Nov 2008 16:18

Guido
Before 1991 Ukraine was a region (source : Google) , so you could say THE, as we in our language say "de Limburg" or "de Vlaanders".
But since it's a state now, it's Ukraine.

See my answer in the language topic.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 8 Nov 2008 16:49

but was referring to the person who used the article "the" for Ukraine.
Indeed!

TomUK
You may help us find out which version is correct in the language topic

I will have a big open-air project called Not for Sale in collaboration with the United Nations and the European Broadcasting Union;
Does this suggest a future single?

Guido
# Posted: 8 Nov 2008 16:54

Does this suggest a future single?
No : a visit to Belgium (Belhija).

TomUK
# Posted: 8 Nov 2008 17:11 - Edited by: TomUK

cora
he/she said "they" doesn't that mean ALL...Guido didn't say "he" or anything.

anyway yeah, i don't call it the Ukraine.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 8 Nov 2008 17:19 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

TomUK

he/she said "they"
"They" is used in a response to my question: why DO THEY call it "the" UA

anyway yeah, i don't call it the Ukraine.

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 14 Dec 2008 21:47 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

An interview from 13.12.08 http://www.netinfo.bg/?tid=40&oid=1259253

Ruslana: I love this country. My honeymoon was in Nesebar. That's why I am very happy to be here again. I'd like to go to Nesebar, but I have no time although it is only 5 hours away from Sofia. When I come here again, may be in the summer, I'll go there- enthusiastically, but tiredly in the same time, tells me Ruslana. "My husband never travels with me. He prefers to wait for me at home", continues she without I have even asked my first question.

"I want to have time for my family very much. Evety time when I and my husband are together, we talk about work- about singles, videos, studios, equipment. Sometimes, when we have a couple of minutes for ourselves, he tells me "Ruslana, let's not talk about work for a while, at least for five minutes", okay, I reply, and five minutes later he asks me what I am going to do on the next day.

This is our life.

Interviewer (I): Does it make you tired?

Ruslana (R): Yes, but the bigger problem is that I want to see my mother more often. I want to go home, in Lviv. May be next year- for Christmas- we celebrate later than you (referring to BG). This will be the first time when I'll be with my family for the holidays- with my mum and dad. I promise. I canceled all my arrangements and I'm going to go home and then I'm going to travel to Canada again. I have a performance in Warsaw for the New Year, Alex is going to be with me, but not mum.

I: Where does the name of your new album- Wild Energy- come from?

R: Wild Energy is a very interesting album. I've been waiting for it for four years. It has its own history and I want to tell it from the beginning. When I won Eurovision, many people were advising me to continue with the same style. Other were saying I had to change everything.
I was surprised to learn that the people around me had totally differend ideas about "how Ruslana should be".
After ESC, in the countries I visited, many TV speakers would present me as "Ruslana and her wild energy" and not "and her wild dances". I used to hear this phrase very often and I told myself: "Okay then, I'll keep the first word and change the second."
May be when people hear the title of the project will imagine faster songs, hard sound, more dynamic dances and so on. No. The message of Wild Energy is about the wild energy in us.
When I was talking with the producer in the USA, I told him that we can change everything else, but we must preserve the message. Through it I want to tell people not to use drugs and to be what they are. Several of my friends chose this way...
Wild Eenrgy originated from a fantastic novel written bu Marina and Sergey Dyachenko, called "Wild Energy. Lana". This book became a bestseller in Ukraine. It tells about the future about the energy resources crisis, about what people can do if we don't have enough energy. This is very similar to the political scene at the moment.
Every song and every text in the album has this same idea in it. The first one, "My Love/ You are like me", is a duet with Slavi Trifinov and is a special present for Bulgaria.

I: How did T-Pain and Missy Elliot take part in the project?

R: They liked the idea. The story with Missy is very funny. When my producer spoke with her manager, he had to meet her mother as well. She wanted to know everything about Ruslana before she said if she would agree or not. We sent DVD, booklets, everything, after which her mother called us and said they had accepted.

I: Do you believe that by promoting the green idea we can save the planet and ourselves?

R: My experience tells me that when I send messages to people from the stage- be it social, love, freedom, human trafficing- they not always understand them. When you tell them to do this or that, you are more likely to repel them. We have to find the best way for the messages we send to not remain without a respond.

I: A question about your political career. You were a member of the Ukrainian parliament, how did this change you?

R: (Taking a deep breath, thinking) The situation in Ukraine is really hard and this is a difficult question for me. Every time I speak about Ukraine, I say this is the most beautiful country in the world.
When I won ESC many people from Europe started seeking for information about Ukraine. I contributed to this process and now it is difficult for me to talk about what is happening. I just believe in the better future, in that everything will change for the better.
The people like me, who supported the Orange Revolution, now realize that it has been a mistake. But the young may be keep on being optimistic and are waiting for the change to happen.

I: Do music and Politcs have anything in common?

R: While I was in the parliament, I sent the president Yushchenko a project with the help of which to support the uasage of renewable sources of energy. We were discussing with my husband that this is what could unite music and Politics.
If the project Wild Energy is accompanied by the right political message, it can be really effective. If you really want to change something, you can find a way.
The year I spent in the parliament was difficult for me because many things are not what they look like. I saw the other side of the dream. During the Orange Revolution the dream was a dream, but the reallity is different.

I: You don't feel like talking about this much?

R: Right. This would be a nice discussion in several years, when something in Ukraine gets changed. Then I would be able to say that the efforts have had some result. I like to see the result when I do something, but this is impossible now. I don't see the result of my support. I don't have answers to any single question, simply because there are no results. There are only problems, problems, problems and nothing but problems.

I: Tell me about your activities, about the children, the campaign against human trafficing?

R: I like it when singers, no matter if thy are known all over the world or only in their countries, support variety of social projects. This is not a matter of payment.
After I won ESC, I participated in many charity projects and programmes. Two years ago, in Germany, together with Peter Maffy, we had a tour. I have organised charity activities for collecting funds for children's hospitals in Ukraine several times- for my native city Lviv, for Dnipropetrovsk.
When I go there and see all those little kids, being cured with the bought medicine and equipment, the feeling is incredible. We should do this- every year, every day, every second.

flipsty
# Posted: 14 Dec 2008 22:26

nikoleta_rangelova
Thanks a lot!

wespecz
# Posted: 15 Dec 2008 07:41

nikoleta_rangelova
Thank you for your effort!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 15 Dec 2008 08:46 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

flipsty
wespecz
You're welcome Although she doesn't say many new things, but explaining to the BG audience what we already know
=And I wonder where the announced on the main site interviews for the newspaperd "24 hours" and "Now" are- I've been checking their sites for 4 days, from her coming here till today, and cn't find them Never mind, go go wild

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 494 [14 Dec 2016 06:05]

These forums are running on online community software miniBB™ © 2001-2017 admin | Ruslana. Official site