Wikipedia (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Mass-Media / Wikipedia
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . 11 . >>
ruslanasite
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 00:27

What's hapening with Ruslana's article on wikipedia? All the photos are deleted! I uploaded one for which I held the copyrights.

If you have a photo of Ruslana for which you're helding the copyrights please upload it there or on wiki commons.

This is unfair!

***I have edited the title of this topic, so it can be used as a general Wikipedia topic. Cora***

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 11:50

ruslanasite
nobody knows what happens...i was correct all...but seems somebody don't want stop play with us!

ruslanasite
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 11:59

Iva Barzic

but seems somebody don't want stop play with us!

In hell with them!

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 12:16

ruslanasite
i agree...now i'll work on croatian wiki about rusya...

ruslanasite
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 13:06

Iva Barzic
ow i'll work on croatian wiki about rusya...

Great!

cora
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 18:39

ruslanasite
The Wikipedia page really needs updating. I lot of important information was removed for unknown reason. For example a chapter about charity and political activities is missing. Also much of the biography is missing.

Alexandru, I know, how much you like your picture with Ruslana, but you should watch, not to make the Wikipedia page into a fan artcle. It is then no wonder, if things are being removed. Sorry. A portrait or a live photo would be more appropriate.

I don't know how it works with the photos at Wikipedia. How do you prove that you are the author of a photo? I could provide some of my photos.

ruslanasite
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 20:20

cora

Alexandru, I know, how much you like your picture with Ruslana, but you should watch, not to make the Wikipedia page into a fan artcle. It is then no wonder, if things are being removed. Sorry. A portrait or a live photo would be more appropriate.

They removed every pictures posted there. The photo with me and Ruslana was posted there because they can't remove it. This is like a solution until we will provide a good photo. It's unfair. They removed more than 50 photos from her profile!

If you have a photo of Ruslana , for wich you have copyrights please upload it there and post it at her profile.

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 20:39

ruslanasite

ruslanasite
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 21:18

Iva Barzic

Have you finished the Croatian article about Ruslana on wikipedia????

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 21:31

ruslanasite
no...

ruslanasite
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 22:50

Iva Barzic
no...

ok. Try to give details about the new project - ''Wild Energy''

cora
# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 20:12 - Edited by: cora

Iva Barzic
now i'll work on croatian wiki about rusya...
That would REALLY important! There is nothing on the Croatian page. I have just added the link to the fan club. But a biography and discography would be really needed. Thanks a lot for your help!

ruslanasite
If you have a photo of Ruslana , for wich you have copyrights please upload it there and post it at her profile.

I havn't figured out yet how and where to upload photos in Wikipedia. Can you help?

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 20:27 - Edited by: Iva Barzic

ruslanasite
Try to give details about the new project - ''Wild Energy''
ok

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 20:28

cora
That would REALLY important! There is nothing on the Croatian page. I have just added the link to the fan club. But a biography and discography would be really needed. Thanks a lot for your help!
no problem...i will write all i can!

i'll start tomorrow

ruslanasite
# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 20:39

cora
I havn't figured out yet how and where to upload photos in Wikipedia. Can you help?

Yes.

First of all , I have to register there as a member. It's very quick. No more than 1 minute. After this , log in and go to Ruslana's page there. Just at the bottom of the search box you'll find a Toolbox. Click on ''Upload file''.

After this will apear some links:

Click on the first one ''It is entirely my own work''.

It's quite simple , isn't it?

cora
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 00:02

ruslanasite
First of all , I have to register there as a member

I have actually already signed on 39 Wikipedia languages. I have added to all of them the link to our new fan club. Also most of the discographies in several languages were added by me

It is quite a challenge to add something to Hebrew or Japanese. There are languages I have even never heard of, e.g. occitan, shqip

Just at the bottom of the search box you'll find a Toolbox. Click on ''Upload file''.

I see. I will chose a photo and upload it. Can you then also use it?

ruslanasite
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 00:13

cora

shqip

shqip is the language of Albania.

I see. I will chose a photo and upload it. Can you then also use it?

Sure

cora
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 00:52

ruslanasite
shqip is the language of Albania.
Interesting! Thanks!

I've done the Wiki photo. I will put this also on the sites of other languages. Do I have to upload it in every language again or can I use the same photo upload for all languages?

Guido
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 01:08

- www.ruslana.in.ua
another new fan site ?

ruslanasite
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 11:01

cora
I've done the Wiki photo. I will put this also on the sites of other languages. Do I have to upload it in every language again or can I use the same photo upload for all languages?

You have to upload it everywhere :(

ruslanasite
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 11:41

It's a shame how it looks the Ukrainian article on Ruslana on wikipedia.

ruslanasite
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 14:02

cora

The photo you uploaded there is great!

Lussekatt
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 14:14

ruslanasite
cora

Do you have links to what you talk about in this topic? I dont know much about this wikipedia thingy...

cora

I have actually already signed on 39 Wikipedia languages.

woah....thats impressive! And I guess swedish is among them

It is quite a challenge to add something to Hebrew or Japanese

Out of this I assume you do not know all 39 languages by heart and communication. How on earth do you do this then? You struggle with online translators for all languages you are not familiar with?

Lussekatt
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 14:35

I digged around this wikipedia site for a while just to check it out...
They have 253 registered languages who has a webpage with them. The languages is listed in numbers based on how many articles each language contains

1 English
2 German
6 Dutch
10 Swedish
11 Russian
16 Romanian
22 Ukrainian
36 Croatian

And then I became curious of which languages is among Coras 39?

sorry for this nonsense post. Im very tired and wont get to do something useful at the moment...

ruslanasite
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 14:45

Lussekatt
sorry for this nonsense post. Im very tired and wont get to do something useful at the moment...

Lussekatt
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 14:51 - Edited by: Lussekatt

Lusse digging Wikipedia further on. I found the swedish information about Ruslana. It starts off with a warningsign looks like this:

it says

" The article needs to be qualitychecked as it might contain....? dont know how to translate that word... something like "failure/wrong information"

And what is certainly wrong would be

"Ruslana plan to release the Wild Energy single in Europe in spring 2007"

and "Ruslana has visited Sweden twice". That is not either true but I can understand that those two visits is only mentioned as she then was here to show hereself public. The other two times she did not - and that was the two times I met her

ruslanasite
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 16:00

she did not - and that was the two times I met her

Lussekatt

You met her twice? Cool!

Lussekatt
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 16:04

ruslanasite

twice in Sweden yes but eight in total including other countries Germany and Ukraine

ruslanasite
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 16:28

Lussekatt

Way cool!

cora
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 22:20 - Edited by: cora

Lussekatt
And then I became curious of which languages is among Coras 39?

I done all languages in which an article on Ruslana is available (except 1 or 2):

()

Bosanski
Català
Česky
Dansk
English
Esperanto
Español
Eesti
Suomi
Français
Gaeilge
עברית
Hrvatski
Magyar
Italiano
Japanese
Lëtzebuergesch
Lietuvių
Latviešu
Nederlands
‪Norsk (bokmål)‬
Occitan
Polski
Português
Română
Armãneashce

Srpskohrvatski /
Simple English
Slovenčina
Slovenščina
Shqip
/ Srpski
Svenska
Türkçe

How on earth do you do this then?
All sites are exactly the same. So you just need to know which button to press to register. You don't need to understand a word. When a link section was already there, I just added the fan club link.

If there was no link section, I entered an article of any other artist, e.g. Beatles or Elton John and copied the word for "External links" into the Ruslana article.

The same I did for the words "Discography", "albums" and "singles".

It starts off with a warningsign looks like this:
I don't think they mean this sort of mistakes, because, if this was a real Ruslana expert, who knew for sure how often Ruslana was in Sweden, he/she would have amended it himself.

I think this means that someone thought the article is not good quality in general. This is one of things I had in mind for a long time already, to write an article, which then can be translated in all sorts of languages by our forum friends. I will look into this soon - hopefully.

ruslanasite
It's a shame how it looks the Ukrainian article on Ruslana on wikipedia
Indeed. I spoke to Yanya about it already. Also the Russian article is a shame.

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . 11 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on light forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site