cora

The exceptions are :

Română
Armãneashce
Simple English

were made by me :D

ruslanasite
# Posted: 4 Nov 2007 22:30 - Edited by: ruslanasite

Indeed. I spoke to Yanya about it already. Also the Russian article is a shame.

I hope that she is going to make it look better. Someone has to look at the Russian one.

Lussekatt
# Posted: 5 Nov 2007 00:58

cora

Thanks for the language list, interesting! You have really worked hard with this wikipedia stuff!!

Lussekatt
# Posted: 5 Nov 2007 00:58

ruslanasite

whats wrong with the ukrainian and the russian ones?

ruslanasite
# Posted: 5 Nov 2007 09:30

Lussekatt

They are like a stub. Both of them!

ruslanasite
# Posted: 15 Nov 2007 20:49

Can somebody rewrite the Ukrainian / Russian articles pls?

Ruthen
# Posted: 15 Nov 2007 22:19

ruslanasite

Armãneashce

What's this language? Where is it spoken?

ruslanasite
# Posted: 15 Nov 2007 22:20

Ruthen

It's the language of the Aromanian people. It is spoked in Romania , Bulgaria , FYR Macedonia and in Albania.

Ruthen
# Posted: 15 Nov 2007 22:59

ruslanasite
It's the language of the Aromanian people. It is spoked in Romania , Bulgaria , FYR Macedonia and in Albania.

Thanks I found some information on Wikipedia. It's interesting how this nationality managed to survive without having a state... It's a bit like Rusyns on the Ukraino-Slovako-Polish border...

ruslanasite
# Posted: 15 Nov 2007 23:06

Ruthen

Thanks I found some information on Wikipedia. It's interesting how this nationality managed to survive without having a state... It's a bit like Rusyns on the Ukraino-Slovako-Polish border...

Indeed.

cora
# Posted: 14 Jun 2008 23:35

Just to let you know that I have made considerable changes in the Wikipedia article. It was long overdue. I hope it will stay like this for a long time.

AlexandruRo
I have deleted the link to your article "Ruslana's World Tour" as it is really wrong. There was never a world tour.

I also wanted to upload some more photos. The current photo is from me, but I can't remember how I did it

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 14 Jun 2008 23:42

cora

1) Log in.
2) Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruslana
3) Under the searchbox there is a toolbox :
What links here
Related changes
Upload file
Special pages
Printable version
Permanent link
Cite this page

cora
# Posted: 14 Jun 2008 23:58

AlexandruRo
Thanks. I have now noticed that you need another account for WikiMedia. It's not the same as for Wikipedia. I'll do that another time. Tired now.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 15 Jun 2008 20:22

cora

Have you uploaded the pics? If yes , could you please change the photo from Ruslana's profile with one which you tink that fits better?

cora
# Posted: 16 Jun 2008 00:53

AlexandruRo
Have you uploaded the pics?

No, I havn't. Didn't have time today. I will do it in the next few days.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 16 Jun 2008 01:08

cora

No, I havn't. Didn't have time today. I will do it in the next few days.

ok.

cora
# Posted: 18 Jun 2008 00:26

AlexandruRo
I have uploaded three of my photos into Wikimedia Commons (user name "WildEnergy"), but they don't appear on the Ruslana page of Wikimedia. What have I done wrong? Can you help?

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 18 Jun 2008 00:40

cora

I had added them to Ruslana's page on wikimedia.

The next time you want to do the same thing.
Go to :

http://toolserver.org/~daniel/WikiSense/Gallery.php?wikifam=commons.wikimedia.org&img _user_text=WildEnergy

and copy the name of the photos and then add them to the gallery list from Ruslana's page.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 20 Jun 2008 17:47

Dear forum members,

If you have more informations about the awards Ruslana had received or anythiong else which you consider suitable for wikipedia's ruslana articles please post them here!

Thanks!

wespecz
# Posted: 20 Jun 2008 18:12

AlexandruRo
or anythiong else which you consider suitable for wikipedia's ruslana articles
I took a look to this page and I would suggest that also some imformation about Wild Dances project would be included as she won ESC 2004 with this style and she's maybe still well-known with this style. So far there is only Wild Energy in Wikipedia. Wild Dances may lead people to Wild Energy, showing who Ruslana were and who Ruslana is.

I would suggest this: (quoting from Fan Club site - guide for active fans):

Ruslana's father is from the West-Ukrainian place of the Hutsuls; the dwellers of the Ukrainian Carpathian Mountains. They have a unique culture with an ancient and rich history which inspired Ruslana to create her song Wild Dances.

The Wild Dances style is hard to define but it can be called drive-ethno-dance. Powerful and permeating ethnic drums are combined with modern dance beats. Trumpet patterns go together with the trembita, an ancient Hutsul music instrument.

The song Wild Dances brought Ruslana the victory at the Eurovision Song Contest 2004 and entered dozens of European music charts. It was a bright personification of the new style of Ruslana. The English version of the album Dyki Tantsi was released in Europe in autumn 2004: Wild Dances - Welcome to my wild world.

Or some appropriate parts of this text like first and second paragraph or at least second paragraph which is most important and should at least describe WD style when it's no more actual.

And my second suggestion is to include links to more official and main unofficial sites. I mean, for example, RuslanaTV or Ruslana's blog.

From unofficial sites I would suggest to include RuslanaTube. I'd like to say that this is main link because videos are very important, could show Ruslana live and also here fans can get wild and not only watch, RuslanaTube is supporting them.

Thank you very much for your great work with Wikipedia!

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 20 Jun 2008 18:49

wespecz

Thanks for your contribution.

chris1891
# Posted: 20 Jun 2008 19:08

Ruslana won also an ARIWN AWARD for the :
International Single:"Wild Dances"-Ruslana (about the sales)

(according to IFPI in greece)

http://www.neo.gr/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3046

that's the article (it's in greek language)

cora
# Posted: 20 Jun 2008 19:17

wespecz
I took a look to this page and I would suggest that also some imformation about Wild Dances project

Yes, good idea. But Wikipedia requires that you don't just copy texts from other sites. It has to be rewritten at least a little.

And my second suggestion is to include links to more official and main unofficial sites. I mean, for example, RuslanaTV or Ruslana's blog.

Yes. Some time ago there were many more links, but they were all deleted. But it is worth trying to add some more again.

AlexandruRo
If we are all happy with the English version, we should get it in translated in as many languages as possible and post it on the respective Wikipedia sites. That's something I wanted to do for a long time already.

wespecz
# Posted: 20 Jun 2008 19:40

cora
Yes, good idea. But Wikipedia requires that you don't just copy texts from other sites. It has to be rewritten at least a little.
They could not know that we're "at home" - that there are Ruslana's people who are editing it. Yes so text could be changed in some way to not look as the same.

Yes. Some time ago there were many more links, but they were all deleted. But it is worth trying to add some more again.
Yes, I think that links leads interested people to the right places. Otherwise they may end reading and forget.

If we are all happy with the English version, we should get it in translated in as many languages as possible and post it on the respective Wikipedia sites.
That's what I wanted to ask you for. Will Wiki simply allow me to translate your text? And will I be able to post texts immediately or is better to send text to you (I mean Alex) when you have already an account and some trust in Wiki?

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 20 Jun 2008 20:40

wespecz

You can sign up there. You can create texts and edit them and upload photos, etc right now.

After 1 month you'll be able to change article's title and more other things.

cora
# Posted: 20 Jun 2008 21:26

I have added the WD Project.

wespecz
Will Wiki simply allow me to translate your text?
Sure, no problem.

And will I be able to post texts immediately or is better to send text to you (I mean Alex) when you have already an account and some trust in Wiki?

That's up to you. You can do it yourself or get Alexandru or me to do it.

Please click on "Edit this page" on top of the page and you'll see the text with lots of tags. Copy this and use for translation, so you don't have to add all the tags in your language.

wespecz
# Posted: 20 Jun 2008 22:06 - Edited by: wespecz

AlexandruRo
cora
Thank you for your advices. I'll try to register and do it now.

wespecz
# Posted: 20 Jun 2008 22:54

Wow it works. I started with links.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 22 Jun 2008 22:59

People, please help with the charts info.

I've just discovered that also Ring Dance with the Wolves entered the official Romanian chart and peaked 100.

What about the Latvian , Lithuanian and Estonian charts? Ruslana received 12 points from this countries at the ESC and every year alot of Eurovision songs are entering the this charts.

Can someone help?

wespecz
# Posted: 23 Jun 2008 04:49

AlexandruRo
If this is Latvian flag

Latvia?

then I've probably found Latvia:

Peak: 43 / weeks: 6

Please check theese reverences: http://charts.org.nz/showitem.asp?key=6147&cat=s

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . 11 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on light forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site