- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Mass-Media / Wikipedia
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . 11 . >>
AlexandruRo
# Posted: 10 Sep 2008 22:20

MoonFlower

You can't actually count "Not For Sale" as a main single

It will be realeased as a social single and it will have heavy promo. In fact, it will get double promo as any single from Wild ENergy album.

cora

Of course the radio stations are provided with promo CDs. But you can't buy them in a shop. There is no point of writing a Wikipedia article about something that is not available for the public. Also you don't know, if there was a Vohon Chy Lid radio promo single (Maybe they have provided it in digital form?) and if yes, if there were any other tracks on it. This track list derives only from your imagination.

ok, i understand. I removed the provision tracklisting for it.

MoonFlower
# Posted: 10 Sep 2008 22:22

In fact, it will get double promo as any single from Wild ENergy album.

But it's not on the album, which doesn't count it as an album single.
A social single would be considered a "special release"

wespecz
# Posted: 11 Sep 2008 00:26

AlexandruRo
It will be realeased as a social single and it will have heavy promo. In fact, it will get double promo as any single from Wild ENergy album.
Your next own conclusions about what Ruslana will do? It's wonderful idea but until it will appear in Ruslana's main site I won't believe it.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 11 Sep 2008 05:39 - Edited by: AlexandruRo

wespecz

Your next own conclusions about what Ruslana will do?

This don't need anything from me.

But, be sure that the next time I'll know something I'll not going to write here because "it is my own conclusion about what Ruslana will do.

cora
# Posted: 11 Sep 2008 11:17

AlexandruRo

Can you please add "I think that..." to statements like this, so people can identify it as your own speculations and won't regard it as a fact.

But, be sure that the next time I'll know something I'll not going to write here because "it is my own conclusion about what Ruslana will do.

Your "information" have caused confusion anyway, e.g. when you spread TGTR or claimed that TGTR will be performed in Brasov.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 11 Sep 2008 13:03

cora

e.g. when you spread TGTR or claimed that TGTR will be performed in Brasov.

She rehearsed "The Girl That Rules" and also "Wind Song" and "Cry It Out". this songs were supposed to be performed , but I think that the egoworks didn't let her do it.

Can you please add "I think that..." to statements like this, so people can identify it as your own speculations and won't regard it as a fact.

It is written on the official website of EMI Romania :

http://www.catmusic.ro

huiwes
# Posted: 13 Sep 2008 21:45 - Edited by: huiwes

Perhaps a stupid question but who is updating the Wikipediasites other than English. Except for one photo of 2008 the Dutch site needs a big update as far as I am concerned? I don't know what the policy is? I saw someone has updated somethng on 22-8-08...

wespecz
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 00:36

huiwes
who is updating the Wikipediasites other than English
Everybody who wish. Every fan can create Wikipedia account and update Ruslana's page here. And I guess that some pages are updated also by people who are not fans. But not so regularly.

cora
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 13:11

huiwes
I don't know what the policy is?

It would be great, if you could update the Dutch Wikipedia site from time to time! As Wespe has pointed out, everyone can do this.

A project I had in mind for a long time already: Update the English Wikipedia version and then use it as a translation basis for the fans from as many countries as possible.

huiwes
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 20:59

wespecz/cora
The English site is OK by me. I can translate that easily to Dutch. I don't have any experience with working on Wiki however so I hope it isn't to complicated. I see what I can do. Guido care to read my Dutch text when I am ready. Vlamingen zijn beter in Nederlands volgens het Grote Dictee.

Guido
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 21:18

Guido care to read my Dutch text when I am ready. Vlamingen zijn beter in Nederlands volgens het Grote Dictee.

Haha thanks Huiwes. I wil have a look at the dutch Wiki. Did you ever read my dutch text on fanclub.ruslana.ua - national fan clubs - Belgium ?
PM Ik heb de laatste nieuwe spelling niet echt gevolgd hoor :-)

huiwes
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 22:03

In fact I haven't. I will take a look at it. I send you a sign when I changed something on the Wikipage. there isn''t a Belgian one on Wiki I suppose?

huiwes
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 20:23

I have read the English and Dutch text thoroughly and I have some (little) remarks and seen some little inconsequences. I suppose I am a bit of a niggler. In the Dutch Wiki are some statements which I don't recognise.
Because I am a rookie as Ruslana concerns (I really got interested in 208) and because I don't want to spoil this beautiful forum with my questions i wonder whom I can contact.

cora
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 20:26

huiwes

I can translate that easily to Dutch.

That would be great!

because I don't want to spoil this beautiful forum with my questions i wonder whom I can contact.

You are not spoiling the forum. The forum and its members are there to answer questions.

Ruthen
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 20:27

cora
I'm gonna do it for French maybe.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 20:28

The forum and its members are there to answer questions.

cora
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 20:37

Ruthen
I'm gonna do it for French maybe

Great!!

huiwes
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 20:51 - Edited by: huiwes

Alright here are the first things.
page 1
In the contents there is a numbering which I don't find back in the text. I recommend that if you do that in the contents you also do it in the text.
The subnumbering starts at 2.1. The first part of her career started Myt Vesni/Dvinskyi Viter (with Svitanok/Ty) isn't in the numbering stated as an apart period. I suggest 2.1 early musical period, 2,2 Wild dances etc..
What is the difference between instruments and notable instruments?
One of them also give trembita. The other one doesn't.
Het voice type is mezzo according to Wki but I amdefinitely sure I read somewhere on the site that she whas dramatic soprano so I am a little confused.
Eurovision 2007, why isn't her appearance in Malta stated her. In 2008 I miss her appearance in Belgrade.
I twice found a notice of Wild dances in the Grand Theft auto 4 (Wild Dance Project and Wild Energy project). Once stating this seems to me enough or make a seperate number.

Tomorrow I am back with more! My appointment now begins.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 11:21 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

hop, as I said, I also decided to update the BG page in wiki.....I won't have much time, so it will go slowly probably, I can't say, since I hadn't done anything in wiki so far.

I'll probably first translate only the info from EN to BG and then try to learn how to make the links, etc.

But I have the feeling someone else is editing together eith me, haha.

=

I made a ...."subsection" wild dances project, as I wanted all projects to be separately, as in the En page. But it disappeared And one sentnce about "Znayu ya" always disappears, although several other things which I managed to add today, about Ruslana's early career are still there ???? wiki-ghosts

wespecz
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 12:11

nikoleta_rangelova
Maybe when you created account as newbie some administrators must approve or check your changes first before they will appear? I don't know, I'm also not much skilled here.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 12:15 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

wespecz
Maybe when you created account as newbie some administrators must approve or check your changes first before they will appear?

hm, ok, thanks But what I changed without an account remained, what I changed with an account was changed May be you're right, thanks

huiwes
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 13:52

So the niggler is back bur first I want to state that I like the English Wiki-text. It is very much up to date and some of you put a lot of effort in it to keep it that way. That is why I had some reserves to punt my remarks/questions through the forum. It is more easy to have remarks than to put the right text in the Wike I suppose.

Here are some remarks/questions concerning Wiki (English).

In de English site there a reference to the NPR-article containing a small interview with Ruslana about energy-independence. I like the reference but why isn't stated under social committment? Otherwise the reference isn't logical as far as I am concerned. And I think the Energy Independence thing is also part of the Wild Energy message.

Is it an idea to describe also her commitment concerning the floods in Western Ukraine.

Under the associated acts I found Harem but I didn''t found DJ Small. Is there a reason for that.

Another suggestion, is it worthwile to name the sung which make her win the Slaviansky Bazar in 1996. I believe it was Oj leijety dyki gusi but I also found a referenceto Chervona Ruta so I am a little puzzled. Because she sings both now during her appearances it might be an idea

Are you aware that Ruslana can also be found on the IMDB site. The great filmdatabase.

Now the Dutch site. It is very out of date. The last CD named is Wild dances. The last event Eurovision. The text is probably a translation from a former text on a Ruslana fanclubpage? But I don't know for sure. Some things that I found and which I can't state:
- had Ruslana artificial lenghtened hair during her performance on Eurovision
- does she have a back nature mentality. For me it is more an back tot the roots mentality
- in the text there is a referred to a festival of the Golden Autumn which she won. It doens't say anything to me but it seemed to refer to the very early years.

Then some other statements I like some comments on:
- At young age the microphone became her favourite toy
- After study at the musci academy Ruslana decidend that her music must be modern and symphonic
- Ruslana thought it was a pity that Hutsul didn''t have television so the couldn''t see her appearance on Eurovison
- During the Orange Revolution she went on hungerstrike for a few days. I believe its was only one day

I hope to get something back. After that I start translating the English site so there is more or less the same text but than in Dutch.

It is maybe a good idea if one of the forummember decide to put new information in Wiki to share that on this forum so we all put the same information through Wiki in different languages as far as possible (I know that there also are people outside this forum changing Wiki).

Greetings,
Evita

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 14:02 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

huiwes

- does she have a back nature mentality.

I don't understand this, what does it mean?

I'd say yes, but I'm not sure. and not during, but before ESC.

Ruslana thought it was a pity that Hutsul didn''t have television so the couldn''t see her appearance on Eurovison
wow, where did you find this? In this IMDB?

- During the Orange Revolution she went on hungerstrike for a few days. I believe its was only one day
this is 100% true, it was on our news, but not one day, I think, 3 or 5, don't remember

huiwes
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 14:25

Nikoleta
Oh, oh I made a typemistake. back to nature mentality I ment. Is that a clear one?

The Hutsultelevision remark is on the Dutch website. i don''t knwo de source. maybe some interview or ESC-site?

Thanks so far and great for making the text available in Bulgarian and time is also not on my side. Working on Wiki will be at night or in pauzes. I first make text in Word and then i paste it.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 14:45

huiwes
Is that a clear one?

yes, thanks But here there is some such idea- if Ruslana has said something in an interview, it may not be 100% true......

and great for making the text available in Bulgarian
I thought about that before, but I thought it would be something requiring some special skills.

in pauzes. I first make text in Word and then i paste it.
in pauses, indeed, but I write directly there, no word files, and submit immedieately, I hope wiki don't have some rules against this Or if they "detect" my account making changes every 10 minutes, ua this a problem? I hope not

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 15:11 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

oooooooops, someone from the wiki team, I guess, deletes for a second time my BG version of the fact that Ruslana was the only winner that received 280 points may be since 2004, someone else also got 280 or even more???

===and they give me a reference link to ESC 2007, where Maria Sherifovich has 268 points. :F May be they read Mariya sherifocvich as 286 ? Never mind, if this is the only problem, ok let's go on

huiwes
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 15:22

Nikoleta
I thought Lordi has got some more points.

As far as the special skills concerned I haven't got any special skills concerning writing so don't worry about that so lets shake hands and support each other.

cora
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 15:48 - Edited by: cora

huiwes
Thanks for your input! I have done some editing.

I suggest 2.1 early musical period, 2,2 Wild dances etc..

Yes, good idea.

What is the difference between instruments and notable instruments?

True. I deleted one.

Het voice type is mezzo

Deleted.

Eurovision 2007, why isn't her appearance in Malta stated her. In 2008 I miss her appearance in Belgrade.

Mmhh, there are probably many appearances missing. In the Eurovision sections much more could be added. But don't hav etime for that now.

I twice found a notice of Wild dances in the Grand Theft auto 4 (Wild Dance Project and Wild Energy project). Once stating this seems to me enough or make a seperate number.

True, one deleted.

In de English site there a reference to the NPR-article containing a small interview with Ruslana about energy-independence. I like the reference but why isn't stated under social committment?

Yes, good idea.

Is it an idea to describe also her commitment concerning the floods in Western Ukraine.

Good idea.

Another suggestion, is it worthwile to name the sung which make her win the Slaviansky Bazar in 1996. I believe it was Oj leijety dyki gusi

Yes, it was this song with which she won.

cora
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 16:56

huiwes
- does she have a back to nature mentality. For me it is more an back tot the roots mentality

Both maybe.

- in the text there is a referred to a festival of the Golden Autumn which she won. It doens't say anything to me but it seemed to refer to the very early years.

She has won all sorts of festivals and awarda. No need to mention all this in the Dutch article.

- At young age the microphone became her favourite toy
- After study at the musci academy Ruslana decidend that her music must be modern and symphonic

Correct.

I think so. But this is not something for Wiki. Delete it.

- Ruslana thought it was a pity that Hutsul didn''t have television so the couldn''t see her appearance on Eurovison

Unimportant detail. delete it.

Just mention hungerstrike. Doesn't matter how long.

cora
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 17:04

The English version is now updated and ready for translation. I have also changed the 4 year old picture into a new one (one of my own photos which I have donated to Wikimedia commons).

nikoleta_rangelova
was the only winner that received 280 points

Just write "received 280 points" without the "only winner".

I'll probably first translate only the info from EN to BG and then try to learn how to make the links, etc.

In the English version go on "edit". There you can see all the signs which need to be included. Copy it to a Word ducument and translate there. When you are finished copy it again and insert it in Wikipedia.

But what I changed without an account remained, what I changed with an account was changed

You can edit with or without account.

wiki-ghosts

That's a bit awkward, now that you started editing. Maybe the other person will disappear soon. Or try to get in contact with him/her.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . 11 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 5; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on simple bulletin board miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site