Ruslana Music Reviews and Other Music Reviews

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Mass-Media / Ruslana Music Reviews and Other Music Reviews
Katherine
# Posted: 13 Jul 2008 17:59

Since i realised there was no specific topic for reviews of music from Ruslana and other music i decided to make this topic, so ill start off with Ruslana Amazonka:

I myself was disappointed as most of us were with amount of tracks on this album, with almost 4 years of working on it and only 10 tracks to represent it, it was fairly disappointing. The album itself has a general feel of ambiance which is present in most songs, it is then broken by other upbeat songs such as My Budemo Pershi and Vohon Chy Lid. The songs that general stand out to me are My Budemo Pershi, Vohon Chy Lid, Dyka Anhel and Mybutnae zminity. The new version of Dyka Energhiya i think myself was a bad idea, it sounds tinny in parts, and turned an upbeat song into a retro pop-ballad.

I generally find that intervals annoy me a lot, but in this album it is bearable, however one to me ruins the album, the interval between Vohon chy lid and De te moya lubov, it is very long and repetitive and gives hardly any feel to the song.

I like the incorporated seagull sounds in Ya du za toboyu, it gives a 3rd dimension to it that makes it unique.

Overall the album is well produced and sound mixing and intervals were very clever. However the album is too ballady for me, but i can see why people would like the whole album.

Rating: 6-7/10

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 13 Jul 2008 18:23 - Edited by: AlexandruRo

My review of Amazonka.

1. Dyka Enerhija - this version is way better than the 2006 tehno single version. Too much artist started to do electro music folowing a comercial mirage. The intro is cool and makes to think that this album is very different than what you've been listening since now. The new chorus is brillant and the last bridge of the souns sounds mystical. 10/10

2. Vidlunnya mrij - In my opinion this is the low point of the album. It would sounded way better if the the outro wasn't repeating. It wasn't a good idea to make a Ukrainian version of this song. 7/10

3. My budemo pershi This song is just awesome. The only problem I see about this is its chorus. Too much repeating. The symphonic part rules too. 10/10

4. Ja jdu za tonoju This is the best song of the album. 10/10

5. Ty zhiva (Synthetichna). I don't know why , but the English live version sounds way better. 5/10

6. Vogon' chy lid. When I first listened to the sample of this song I thought that is the best song of the album , but full version sounds eww as the arrangemests are horrible. 4/10

7. De ty, moja ljubov. Interesting melody but the chorus is horrible. 8/10

8. Dykyy anhel Weird. 2/10

9. Ne dlya prodazhu Very nice song . 9,5/10

10. Yak zmitny majbutje. If the rock part from Factory would be present this song would be the most original song I've ever listented to. But, as it's not here , the song just passes away. 1/10

Overall : 6,65/10

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 13 Jul 2008 18:39

wow, good topic, but since I'm not good at making reviews (and to not get slightly OFFF since we have a topic about Amazonka), I'll give only this rating:
Wild Dances-10/10
Diki Tantsi-9-10/10
Amazonka-8-9/10
Club in'-8/10

may be WE will be 20/10?

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 13 Jul 2008 19:14

nikoleta_rangelova

No. WE will be 1000000000000(0)/10

Ruthen
# Posted: 13 Jul 2008 19:59

I m sure TGTR will give at least 1000pts out of 10!!!

Katherine
# Posted: 13 Jul 2008 20:07 - Edited by: Katherine

Ruslana club'in:

For me this was very hit and miss. I found that very few songs stuck in my mind, it was extremely conventional and nothing really unique. However they are some great tracks to get your boogey too!
Wind Song Electro Mix which became a club single, gave DJ Small a bigger name, but i found vocals were extremely hard to understand due to over editing.
Wild Passion and Tango We Used to dance really gave the album high standards, however the Drum N Dance remixes ruined it, all with constant loops and no structure.

Favorite: Wind Song Electro Mix
Worst: Wild Dances Remix (not the CVT one)
Overall a good album for a party, but not addictive.

6/10.

wespecz
# Posted: 14 Jul 2008 04:09

Fantastic topic!

I like to read your long ratings vrey much but I'm not friend of writting long reviews myself.

So due to Amazonka I would call The best songs theese which makes you dancing:

My budemo pershi - rating ∞/10
Vohon Chi Lid - rating ∞/10
Not For Sale - rating ∞/10

They give you so much Energy. You can hear it and see it. This is Ruslana how I know her - powerful, energic, fast wild rhytms.

They're action songs. You hear the power and you feel like its element, not like the one who is watching and thinking only.

From Wild.Club'in I love especially DWTW mix and 10th mix - Wild Dances. It's really source of Energy - DWTW intro, dance music which you can play in the disco if you wish, the same 10th track. DJs did the masterpiece with theese songs.

nikoleta_rangelova
Wild Dances-10/10
Diki Tantsi-9-10/10

The best albums ever so far! Wild fast and cheerful songs which you can play again and again and they will never bore you! Every sound, every piece of 's voice. ∞/∞

AlexandruRo
Great and full review of yours. Thank you for your oppinion!

Katherine
the Drum N Dance remixes ruined it
I think that this third track in it was only basic from which Drum'n'dance has been found.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 22 Jul 2008 02:25 - Edited by: AlexandruRo

Myt' vesny. Very very beautiful music. 10/10

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on open source forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site