Äÿêóþ Pycëaía - English Topic (3)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- Óêðà¿íñüêà - Ðóññêèé - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Fan Club / Äÿêóþ Pycëaía - English Topic
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . >>
ruslanasite
# Posted: 4 Sep 2007 16:08 - Edited by: ruslanasite

Lussekatt

You're right! I confess you that I don't like the Eurovision Song Contest anymore. When the voting starts , I can easily predict where the points from a country will go. The last 4 winners of the Eurovision Song Contest were predicted by esctoday.com using the 'Big Poll'. Juries should come back , but if this happens the contest could be cheated by countries , giving money to the people who give the points from some countries. I think that Ireland won this contest 7 times because they cheated the contest. Also , in 1969 the contest was won by 4 countries. It's a coincidence that this 4 countries that won the Eurovision 1969 were : Germany , Spain , United Kingdom and The Netherlands (the countries that pay the biggest part of the taxes for organizing the contest)?

As you said , a 50% jury voting and a 50% tele voting would fit perfectly at choosing the right winner!

tanya kozariz
# Posted: 5 Sep 2007 22:23 - Edited by: tanya kozariz

cora

Nice to see you in an English topic.

cora
Lussekatt
Christiane
Esther

Well, also is Anna today living in Ukraine? Is she the sister from Ruslanas mother or her father? A mystery that has to be solved!

Yes! Anna is daughter Ruslana's father! Her is about 17 years. Speak she is very similar on Ruslana. And she i heard studies in one of the Kyiv's universities (Ruslana spoke).
Unfortunately i don't have any her photos

cora
# Posted: 5 Sep 2007 22:44

ruslanasite
She said that the contest is not politic. WHAT?????

You're right, the voting system is ridiculous. "Political" is maybe the right expression, because it is, as Lussekatt said, much more about neighbours and ethnic minorities living in other countries. For example Germany gives every year 12 points to Turkey - because of the 3 million or so Turks living in Germany. That's unfair and has nothing to do with good music.

I confess you that I don't like the Eurovision Song Contest anymore.

Anymore? You've watched only 3 so far ;-)

Juries should come back , but if this happens the contest could be cheated by countries , giving money to the people who give the points from some countries.

Corruption could be a problem in future. But I don't think that it happened in the past.

I think that Ireland won this contest 7 times because they cheated the contest.

I totally disagree. Ireland had really fantastic songs. You must take into consideration that at that time there were only 15-18 countries to choose from, so it was much more likely that one countries wins twice.

Also , in 1969 the contest was won by 4 countries. It's a coincidence that this 4 countries that won the Eurovision 1969 were : Germany , Spain , United Kingdom and The Netherlands (the countries that pay the biggest part of the taxes for organizing the contest)?

Wrong. It was France, Spain, UK and The Netherlands. The latter is not part of the big 4. There were only 16 countries to choose from in 1969. And it happened only once that 4 songs had the top score. There is no reason to put this down to corruption.

As you said , a 50% jury voting and a 50% tele voting would fit perfectly at choosing the right winner!

Yes, that would be the best solution!

cora
# Posted: 5 Sep 2007 22:46

tanya kozariz
Yes! Anna is daughter Ruslana's father! Her is about 17 years. Speak she is very similar on Ruslana. And she i heard studies in one of the Kyiv's universities (Ruslana spoke).
Unfortunately i don't have any her photos

Interesting! Thanks for the information! I know so little about her sister. Do you know what she is studying?

tanya kozariz
# Posted: 5 Sep 2007 23:18

cora

Do you know what she is studying?

No, i don't. (((

Katherine
# Posted: 6 Sep 2007 02:00

ruslanasite

Instead of that, how about the artists come on, all sing in english, it gives a number but not a country name anf you vote by song (as normal you know your own song you can not vote for it)

Lussekatt
# Posted: 6 Sep 2007 19:40

ruslanasite
I confess you that I don't like the Eurovision Song Contest anymore

because of the votings? You shall like it based on the songs but I understand what you mean. It has changed too much...

I think that Ireland won this contest 7 times because they cheated the contest.

I agree what Cora says about this. There wasnt "many countries to choose from" by then. Besides by that time the televoting wasnt involved either...so you think the juries did choose wrong when choosing the same country "so much".... well I think so but thats because Im not fond of irish music but I dont accuse them for cheating for that.

It's a coincidence that this 4 countries that won the Eurovision 1969 were : Germany , Spain , United Kingdom and The Netherlands (the countries that pay the biggest part of the taxes for organizing the contest)?

well Netherlands isnt among the big four, its France but I dont know which countries who was among these four who won at the same time but Cora knew and stated above.
Also, this was by a time when they havent made a system on how to make the voting fair and how to count if this amazing thing as four winners will happen. ESC learns just as everything else and after that they set rules so it couldnt be able to happen again.

tanya kozariz

Thank you so much for sharing information about Anna, I appreciate what you share with us anytime!

she is very similar on Ruslana

oooh it would be wonderful to see a photo of her! I would love to see this little sister of Ruslana, she must be as cute as Ruslana is, right! Its okey that you dont have photo.
Maybe Veselochka have? If you remember and have time and want I would appreciate if you can ask her on my behalf. She dont speak a single word english. Dont feel pressure on it, its okey if she cant share photo, one day we will all hopefully get to see Anna :-)

ruslanasite
# Posted: 6 Sep 2007 20:23

cora
Lussekatt

Anymore? You've watched only 3 so far ;-)

Yes. I liked the 2005 edition , but 2006 was horrible and 2007 boring.

I totally disagree. Ireland had really fantastic songs. You must take into consideration that at that time there were only 15-18 countries to choose from, so it was much more likely that one countries wins twice.

I like just their winning song "The Voice".

Wrong. It was France, Spain, UK and The Netherlands. The latter is not part of the big 4. There were only 16 countries to choose from in 1969. And it happened only once that 4 songs had the top score. There is no reason to put this down to corruption.

Yes , you're right. But... I know all this things from an official from TVR (I can't reveal his name but you know him for sure).

well Netherlands isnt among the big four, its France but I dont know which countries who was among these four who won at the same time but Cora knew and stated above.
Also, this was by a time when they havent made a system on how to make the voting fair and how to count if this amazing thing as four winners will happen. ESC learns just as everything else and after that they set rules so it couldnt be able to happen again.

But Netherlands could easily pay juries. Any country could do that. As I said , I know all this stuff from an official from TVR. I can't be wrong.

Lussekatt
# Posted: 6 Sep 2007 20:37

ruslanasite
I can't be wrong

maybe he -who I at least dont know who it is - is wrong

ruslanasite
# Posted: 6 Sep 2007 20:56

maybe he -who I at least dont know who it is - is wrong

Maybe...

cora
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 17:12

tanya kozariz
Lussekatt
Yes, it would be great to see a photo of Anna.

ruslanasite
Yes , you're right. But... I know all this things from an official from TVR (I can't reveal his name but you know him for sure).

This is just one opinion. And I don't believe it at all.
At the time the ESC had by far not the significance as it got later. There was no reason for corruption. On the contrary. Some countries didn't even want to win, because hosting it was/is very expensive. In 1972 and 1974 the ESC was hosted by the UK, because the winning countries Luxenbourg and Monaco couldn't afford it.

In 1994 the Irish TV society sent a really boring song, two old guys on a piano. They wanted to make sure not to win again, after Ireland had won in 1992 and 1993 and with this having to host the expensive contest. Unfortunately the "Rock'n'Roll Kids" won and Ireland had to host again.

But Netherlands could easily pay juries. Any country could do that. As I said , I know all this stuff from an official from TVR. I can't be wrong.

They could afford to pay juries, but they had no reason in 1969. And today? Of course they want to win, but I doubt that any of the Western countries is so desperate that they would corrupt the contest. The contest is not popular and the winners don't have a good chance to become really big stars. So why should they risk a skandal. It would make the whole show even more unpopular.

ruslanasite
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 17:25

cora

Very interesting.

Lussekatt
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 17:30

cora
Unfortunately the "Rock'n'Roll Kids" won and Ireland had to host again.

haha, yeah and the contest had far more much better songs than that this year, its a very boring song indeed!! You have read the ESC history very well :P

Of course they want to win, but I doubt that any of the Western countries is so desperate that they would corrupt the contest. The contest is not popular and the winners don't have a good chance to become really big stars. So why should they risk a skandal.

yeah I totally agree!!

tanya kozariz
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 19:38

cora
Lussekatt

want I would appreciate if you can ask her on my behalf.
Yes, it would be great to see a photo of Anna.

OK, I ask Veselochka about Anna. May be she have Anna's photo!

Lussekatt
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 19:43

tanya kozariz

Guido
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 20:56

Please help ! How do I iron the black t-shirt we got from Ruslana ? Outside in ?

cora
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 21:47

Guido
How do I iron the black t-shirt we got from Ruslana ? Outside in ?
I never iron t-shirts ;-)

It happened already twice to me that a Ruslana t-shirt was destroyed when washing the first time. It came out of the washing machine with a big hole. Also it was totally distorted. Even without hole it couldn't be worn anymore. Apart from these two Ruslana t-shirts it has never happened to any t-shirt. Did anyone have the same experience?

Guido
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 23:00

I never iron t-shirts ;-)
I never noticed that Cora :-)
But when I got my first Ruslana T-shirt with it were instructions the first time I should wash it by hand. What I did of course. And I still can wear it after 2 years.
I know Lusse has another trick too. Ask her.

Guido
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 23:42

Cora did you get my email from 2 days ago ? Sended it to .eu

frommalta
# Posted: 8 Sep 2007 00:10

huh This is a special forum... i registered today and from the english posts i see you are a nice family, ruslana family haha... Thanks for this great forum where we can talk from different countries... I feel sorry i dont understand ukrainian or what the other topics are hehe love you all from malta ;) If you wanna add me on msn its: markmifsud@hotmail.co.uk

Guido
# Posted: 8 Sep 2007 01:24

This is a special forum
you are a nice family
True. A very special forum and a very special family. Not a big one but perhaps that makes it so nice ?

cora
# Posted: 8 Sep 2007 09:42

Guido
But when I got my first Ruslana T-shirt with it were instructions the first time I should wash it by hand.

Oops, I just put it in the washing machine.

Cora did you get my email from 2 days ago ? Sended it to .eu

No :-( Strange. Please try again.

I'll be away for a week from today. See ya, next week.

frommalta
i registered today and from the english posts i see you are a nice family, ruslana family haha.

Welcome to our wild family :-)

Anel_
# Posted: 8 Sep 2007 14:09

frommalta

susanne
# Posted: 9 Sep 2007 00:30

Lussekatt

that song was called de troubadour in 1969. the refrain went lalalalalalaaay lalalalallalalaay. I know that they had changed the way of voting after that year. the year after they introduced the current system.
And i remember when i was a child that two countries ended up having the same amount of point. they decided that the winning country was the the one that had the most 12 points scores. I remember that people found it unfair, but i cannot remember which country won and which country bacame second. it was before the balkan period.

Lussekatt
# Posted: 10 Sep 2007 17:32

Guido
Please help ! How do I iron the black t-shirt we got from Ruslana ? Outside in ?

LOL, yes exactly so, outside in, or even better with a clothtowel on it so the printing gets extra cover (you usually have them in the kitchen, towels for bathroom is diffrent)

cora
It came out of the washing machine with a big hole.

huh? A big hole??! where and in what way? That doesnt sound natural to me, more like it was stuck somewhere in the machine and when twisting heavily like they do then it got teared off and by that way made a "big hole".

Also it was totally distorted. Even without hole it couldn't be worn anymore.

in what way? It was twisted too much so it lost its form or it lost the printings entirely?

Did anyone have the same experience?

no, my experiences has been that I washed the black Tshirt with white printings in 40 degrees washing machine the first time before wearing it. Despite beeing careful it still lost parts of the printings on the text of the back and made it fade a bit.

Since then I wash them in 30 degrees handwash program with minimum of twisting rotation (400 is minimum - 1200 is normal). Let it hang dry dripping, no tumble dry!! That keeps the printings to remain better. So washing by hand (if not having similuar program on mashine) is highly recommended!!!
These textile stuff we got from Ruslana is extremely rare so Im very careful about it all and everything textile I got from Ukraine!!

frommalta
This is a special forum... i registered today and from the english posts i see you are a nice family, ruslana family haha... Thanks for this great forum where we can talk from different countries... I feel sorry i dont understand ukrainian

Thanks for your nice words!! You surely got the right impression of our dear forum. You are of course welcome to join us anytime to talk and have fun and share your thoughts about Ruslana and her work!!

susanne
And i remember when i was a child that two countries ended up having the same amount of point. they decided that the winning country was the the one that had the most 12 points scores. I remember that people found it unfair, but i cannot remember which country won and which country bacame second.

It was in 1991. The countries involved was Sweden and France. Sweden got more 12 pointers than France so it turned out to be the final winner. I remember this moment very well. It was EXTREMELY thrilling and I was on my cousins wedding and sneaked with me a radio with earphones to be able to follow the contest anyway. I remember that me and my brother was RUUUUUUNING home when the party finally was over to catch the end of ESC and see Sweden and Carola win!

susanne
# Posted: 10 Sep 2007 22:05

Lussekatt

I remember my parents supporting france and saying 'ridiculous' al the time. 'she only won because of the dancers' I think that it is a cultural thing as well. France has a good reputation in my country for making quality music. so everything in french is supposed to be better.

Lussekatt
# Posted: 11 Sep 2007 20:04

I have been sneaking around the ukrainian site "ruslana-fan.net". Probably Im the last to discover this interview with Ruslana (or somebody close to her) but if not its certainly something interesting to share. Its a bit old though, probably from the beginning of this year but in english!!

http://www.ruslana-fan.net/styles/gutsulian/en/exclusive02.php

Christiane
# Posted: 11 Sep 2007 20:13

Guido
I always iron these kind of t-shirts inside out, so I did it with the Ruslana t-shirt as well.

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 11 Sep 2007 20:19

Christiane
hey,how are you?

Lussekatt
# Posted: 11 Sep 2007 20:20

Christiane

Hi, very nice to see you here! So how did your Ruslana Tshirts survive laundry washing? Did the printing fade like mine?

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 10; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 19 [14 Apr 2021 14:36]

These forums are running on online community software miniBB™ © 2001-2021 admin | Ruslana. Official site