...get to know your forum members... (8)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Fan Club / ...get to know your forum members...
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 28 . 29 . >>
Christiane
# Posted: 16 Jan 2005 21:46

tarasik
Oh.....another Taras :-)

SKILER
# Posted: 17 Jan 2005 01:34

Linnea
am I the youngest here-you are.

Christiane
# Posted: 17 Jan 2005 12:42 - Edited by: Christiane

SKILER
am I the youngest here-you are.
I would say, she´s one of the youngest ones in the forum. There´s another one, who was born in 1991 as well.

Lussekatt
# Posted: 17 Jan 2005 17:05

Christiane
There´s another one, who was born in 1991 as well.

If I rember right, its Amy. and the oldest: Guido?

Christiane
# Posted: 17 Jan 2005 17:26

Lussekatt
If I rember right, its Amy
I was thinking of Julchen, she was born in 1991. I don´t know Amy´s age.

and the oldest: Guido?
He´s one of the oldest here, two years older than me. I remember someone from Belgium came here, he was in his fifties, if I remember right. But he just posted once.

susanne
# Posted: 17 Jan 2005 17:26

Tarasik,
Do you know on what tv-channel ruslana will perform in Belgium. Is it VRT or VTM? I hope it will be VRT, so I can see it.

Sansrebeg
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 12:38

Sansrebeg,
A boy from Inner Mongolia interested in Ukrainian and Turkish cultures, fond of Ruslana's songs and whose favourites are Andriy Shevchenko and Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Christiane
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 12:53

Sansrebeg
Hello and welcome to this forum!

Sansrebeg
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 13:08

Christiane,
Thank you very much!
It's really nice, here.

Christiane
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 13:15

Sansrebeg
It's really nice, here.
I agree and it´s really interesting to meet people from so many different countries.

Sansrebeg
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 13:56

Christiane,
You're right and could you tell me where you're from?

Christiane
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 14:18 - Edited by: Christiane

Sansrebeg
I´m from Germany

Sansrebeg
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 14:31

Christiane,
So which state/city of Germany?

Christiane
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 14:45 - Edited by: Christiane

Sansrebeg
I live in a place, called Echterdingen, it´s close to Stuttgart, which is in the southwest of Germany. I don´t know, if this means anything to you. There are also people from Mongolia living in Germany......I think, that some of them are students. I must say, that I don´t know anything about Mongolia, I just know, that the capital is called Ulan-Bator.

Sansrebeg
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 15:24

Christiane,
Echterdingen,close to Stuttgart, that should be in the state of Baden Württemberg.
I'm sorry that it's a habit of mine to ask about new friends' native places,for I'm interested in Toponymy.
You've mentioned Mongolia,and I'm from Inner Mongolia,which is now an autonomous region under P.R.China to the south of Mongolia.I'm happy that you've heard of Mongolia and Ulan-Bator.

Christiane
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 15:30

Sansrebeg
that should be in the state of Baden Württemberg.
That´s right.......how do you know about that all, have you ever been to Germany before?

I'm from Inner Mongolia,which is now an autonomous region under P.R.China to the south of Mongolia.
I didn´t know that.......you see, I don´t know much about your country. But I remember seeing some mongolian singers in Stuttgart before with traditional costumes. They sang in a style, I´ve never heard before.

Sansrebeg
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 16:17

Christiane,
I've never been abroad so far,let alone to Germany,for I'm only a student.But I hope there'll be a chance of my visiting Germany,a fascinating country,in future.
I'm sure I'll learn German after my entrance to college.
You said
"I remember seeing some mongolian singers in Stuttgart before with traditional costumes. They sang in a style, I´ve never heard before."
This is to my surprise,which shows the good friendship between Germany and Mongolia.I'm from the Mongolian minority living in China,as with the Sobians or Danish people living in Germany.

susanne
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 16:55

Those singers are callled throatsingers. I know what you mean. But mongolia that's far away. Well, sansbereg i have to say that your knowledges of the english language is impressive. What does your name mean?

Christiane
# Posted: 21 Jan 2005 22:08

Sansrebeg
I've never been abroad so far,let alone to Germany
So you must be very good in geographics, cause you know, that Stuttgart is in the federal state of Baden-Württemberg.

susanne
Those singers are callled throatsingers.
That´s right, now as you´re talking about that, I remember. In Germany it´s called "Obertongesang".

Sansrebeg
# Posted: 25 Jan 2005 05:17 - Edited by: Sansrebeg

susanne,
Glad to talk to you!
Thanks a lot for your encouragement for me to further improve my English!
I'm very glad that you mentioned the "throatsingers" from Mongolia. As can be seen from the word, the singers are able to sing with only their throats.And as far as I know, this way of singing is called "Hümä" in Mongolian.
As for my name, the word "Sansre" shares the same origin with the word "Sanskrit" in English,which refers to the ancient religious language in India(Most of the Mongolians are buddhists),while the word "beg" is Turkish,which means "master" or "marquis".You can see the suffix "beg" in many Turkic-speaking areas.
Could you tell me where you're from?

Christiane,
Hallo!
Glad to talk to you again!
It's really interesting to me that this way of singing is called "Ober-tonge-sang" in German.
Could you tell me how you got fond of Ruslana's songs?Through Eurovision?

Christiane
# Posted: 25 Jan 2005 10:03

Sansrebeg
Could you tell me how you got fond of Ruslana's songs?Through Eurovision?
Yes, through Eurovision. I watch this Song Contest every year, but last year, I used to tape it, cause I wasn´t at home in the evening and watched it the next day. I´ve seen Ruslana during the semi final already, but somehow forgotten about the song. But it wasn´t bad, that I´ve taped the final, so I decided to keep Ruslana´s performance and some other scenes. How did you learn about Ruslana?

susanne
# Posted: 25 Jan 2005 14:21

Sansrebeg,
I'm from holland. That's a tiny country and very overpopulated compared to your country. The country next to christiane's country. What's your mother tongue. Is that an Altaic language or Chinese, because you said that you live in China?

Sansrebeg
# Posted: 26 Jan 2005 12:55

Christiane,
I see.
It seems to me that Ruslana performs considerably well. To tell the truth,I've never seen a Pop-singer superior to her before,which,I think,may be due to her success in blending Pop-songs with the traditional Ukrainian style.
I first got to know of Ruslana and her songs through a Turkish website. As it was impossible for me to watch the Song Contest then,the only way to get detailed information was to visit the website of Eurovision,and finally I found this website.
So what's your point of view?

susanne,
It's very nice to get to know a friend from Holland!
Like many other countries in Europe,Holland is a fascinating one. I hope to learn some Dutch in the future if possible.
About Holland,tiny as it is,the people there are very outstanding and hard-working and the whole country is bathed in a very free and democratic mood. Poor and backward,Mongolia can never be compared with your country(If "your country" refers to Mongolia).
I'm very happy that you know about the "Altaic languages",and your question was rather crucial.
Honestly speaking,Mongolian,which is an Altaic language close to Turkic languages,is my mother tongue. However,as Chinese is the language I used at school and in society every day,I'm far more skilled in Chinese than Mongolian. "Mongolian indoors,Chinese outdoors" may suits me.
I hope you can understand what I said above.
And Could you tell me which city/province you're from?

Christiane
# Posted: 26 Jan 2005 13:33

Sansrebeg
So what's your point of view?
I agree with you......she´s amazing and very talented.

susanne
# Posted: 26 Jan 2005 13:35

Sansrebeg,
I live in a town called Beverwijk. It's near Amsterdam in the provincy of Noord-Holland. It's at the western coast. My town is known for its steel industry. and learning dutch wouldn't be that difficult for you, because you already speak English. dutch is a western germanic language like english. And it is interesting to know that you have to speak another language at school. I think that china is changing rapidly and that they have to give minorities more space, if they want to be a modern nation.The only thing i'm afraid off regarding China is that the economic growth will only reach the big cities like sjang hai and not the region which locating deeper into China. I mean the more western regions of china.

Sansrebeg
# Posted: 26 Jan 2005 16:55

Christiane,
Thanks for your reply!
We share common understanding.

susanne,
Thanks a lot for your information about your native place.I've found Beverwijk and the Province of Noord-Holland on the map,just to the northwest of Amsterdam. The town would be quite advanced with its steel industry,I think.
I'm very grateful for your encouragement on Dutch learning.
Above all,I'm very surprised to see your knowledge on linguistics,for you mentioned such as "Altaic language","Western Germanic language" and so on.These words were very accurate.I'm myself absorbed in linguistics.

And it is interesting to know that you have to speak another language at school. I think that china is changing rapidly and that they have to give minorities more space, if they want to be a modern nation.
It may be interesting,but to me,it's really a pity for me not to be as fluent in my native tongue as in Chinese. Now Mongolian is used less and less among the Mongolians living in P.R.China,which seems to be an unchangable trend at present.
China is developing rapidly,which is true. About the situation of the minority groups living under it,such as Mongolians,Uygurs,Tibetans,you're right and I don't want to say something more.

The only thing i'm afraid off regarding China is that the economic growth will only reach the big cities like sjang hai and not the region which locating deeper into China. I mean the more western regions of china.
You're right that large cities like Shanghai,Beijing and Guangzhou are enjoying economic growth while the areas where the minority ethnic groups are living(Xinjiang,Tibet,Inner Mongolia) stay uncommunicative and backward.Now there's a project called "Western Region Exploitation",I'm not sure what it'll bring to the ethnic areas mentioned above.
Nice talking to you!

Katz85
# Posted: 26 Jan 2005 22:14

[name] Katrin, KatZ ... some calls me redU ...
[birthday] 7. may 1985
[location] Estonia ... =)))
[description] about 165cm tall, dark brown hair, blue eyes
[sex] female
[fave colour's] blue, red & black ... =)
[one word what describes me] crazy ... ;)
[hobbies] don't have any ... only these crapi stuff like listen music, reading & spending time with friends ... etc.

susanne
# Posted: 27 Jan 2005 13:00

Sansbereg,
I have a master's degree in linguistic. so I'm supposed to know. I can only speak dutch, English, French and some german. My German isn't that fluent. But what you said about that project for the western regions in your country. I think that's a very good thing. I think that china has made the right choise by changing things slowly. You see what kind of anarchy there was in the former sovjet countries in the nineties.

Sansrebeg
# Posted: 28 Jan 2005 04:48

susanne,

I have a master's degree in linguistic. so I'm supposed to know. I can only speak dutch, English, French and some german. My German isn't that fluent.
I'm in great admiration that you've taken several degrees and are very knowledgable,which means I'm younger than you(in preparation for college at present),and according to the Mongolian customs,I should call you a "elder-sister" if you don't mind.

But what you said about that project for the western regions in your country. I think that's a very good thing. I think that china has made the right choise by changing things slowly. You see what kind of anarchy there was in the former sovjet countries in the nineties.
About the so-called "Western Region Exploitation",I hope what you said would be true. But the actual situation is more complex than expected. In practice,it's the Chinese living in Ethnic areas rather than the native ethnic groups that benefit from the project,and the education,job(especially) and culture issues of the minorities face great difficulty. Many people from minorities call for independence especially the Uygurs and Tibetans.
However,I have to say that I'm a lucky one,for the P.R.China government offered me the chance to get education and now I'm as fluent in Chinese as any other Chinese and have no difficulty learning and communicating in society.
Nice talking to you!

susanne
# Posted: 28 Jan 2005 14:12

Frankly, I got my degree this week. And I got the title 'doctoranda'. That's the female version of 'doctorandus'. I recieved an english version of my diploma too, which stated the titles I could carry abroad and I'm allowed to call myself 'master' in englishspeaking counties. But the name doctorandus is a name a lot of western european countries use.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 28 . 29 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 19 [14 Apr 2021 14:36]

These forums are running on free forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2021 admin | Ruslana. Official site