Forum changes/Moving the forum to a new platform (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Official / Forum changes/Moving the forum to a new platform
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 3 Jul 2009 17:13 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

For some time the Ukrainian members have been discussing changes in the forum as a whole as far as I understand it- design, structure, way of functioning, and so on.

I think that the international fans should also know about this and express their opinion over whether we agree or disagree, like or not like some/all ideas, etc.

My own opinion is that I'd like to see what other functions could a forum have (I've got no experience in other forums, I admit), but, on the otehr hand, I'd very much like this design and appearance of the forum to be preserved.

This is simply my wild Ruslana forum, where I found friends and had hundreds of hours of entertainment.

The topic in which the Ukrainian members are discussing this issue is the following >>

wespecz
# Posted: 3 Jul 2009 17:17 - Edited by: wespecz

I understood that the forum should be just moved to the new engine and imported with all the users and posts. I think that it should be bassed on the new technology, and then I don't mind. I'd appreciate especially the function of posting Youtube videos like embeding, not just linking.

I think that it should expand on the technology way, design and system. Ok, that's great idea.

Registering again? Ok, maybe fine

BUT

Creating all the topics again?
Losing all the registered users?
Everything what was growing here for years in vain now?

No, thanks if this can't be imported.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 3 Jul 2009 17:21

wespecz
I think that it should expand on the technology way, design and system. Ok, that's great idea.

Yes, probably. And Alex also said we'd have choice what style to choose.

Losing all the registered users?
Everything what was growing here for years in vain now?

No, thanks if this can't be imported.

Indeed, I agree.

====================================================

, , . , .

, . , .

?
, ?

ͳ, , .

, Ha.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 3 Jul 2009 17:55

In the Ukrainian topic I asked several questions, to which Alex_Angel replied >>

So, what do you think?

Guido
# Posted: 4 Jul 2009 04:24

The only thing I disliked in this forum is that moderators can delete entire topics , thereby deleting hundreds of messages.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Jul 2009 07:24

Guido
that moderators can delete entire topics , thereby deleting hundreds of messages.

Haha, this is a good point. But it's the same in the new forum, as you can see from the table Alex_Angel linked here

cora
# Posted: 4 Jul 2009 10:21

Guido
The only thing I disliked in this forum is that moderators can delete entire topics , thereby deleting hundreds of messages.

I think it is necessary to keep this possibility to tidy up the forum from useless topics, which were created by people who didn't use the search engine etc.

It is a question of the responsibility of the moda not to delete entire topics with many posts.

cora
# Posted: 4 Jul 2009 10:51

My opnion in general about changing the forum:

I would like to see a more up-to-date picture on top, so it would match the main site. Also the yellowish colour could be changed into silverish. But everything else I would like to stay the same.

I particularly don't like the idea to start a completely new forum and all we have built up over years would be put in an archive where it will never be used again.

If the whole forum is just moved to a more modern engine, okay, as long as nothing is changed form the user's point of view.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Jul 2009 11:13

cora
I particularly don't like the idea to start a completely new forum and all we have built up over years would be put in an archive where it will never be used again.

Me too.

If the whole forum is just moved to a more modern engine, okay, as long as nothing is changed form the user's point of view.

Indeed.

I would like to see a more up-to-date picture on top, so it would match the main site. Also the yellowish colour could be changed into silverish. But everything else I would like to stay the same.

Did you see Alex' suggestion for a new<->old design? It's better than nothing, but it's again a bit colder somehow, although the colours are preserved >>

Guido
# Posted: 5 Jul 2009 18:18

I think it is necessary to keep this possibility to tidy up the forum from useless topics, which were created by people who didn't use the search engine etc.

It is a question of the responsibility of the moda not to delete entire topics with many posts.

I agree some tidying up is needed. But suppose I am a mod, start a new topic. After some time there are hundreds of messages . Don't think I would have the right to delete it.
It's not very democratic. You know what I'm talking about. It happened only once. She send me a - bit fehlerish copy - of the topics.
But the current system makes me think of a government with 10 ? ministers that all do what they want

About new layout for forum : I am used to it for 5 years now.
I remember someone got very nervous when colours changed for a few days :-).
I have nothing against a new layout but I kill the first one who messes things up.
You ever worked with Office 2007 being used to Office 2003 ?
That's what I mean with messing things up.

Forum is like a pub for me : Design doesn't matter that much. What matters is the people that post messages here.
A new wall paper every few year : ok. But we won't attract new people with that.

Nice greetings. Love you all

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 5 Jul 2009 18:31

Guido
Thanks for writing this. Would you also copy it in the UA topic about this, or shall I do it and also google-translate it?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 6 Jul 2009 14:49

Alex provided a summary of what the new changes will be: http://forum.ruslana.ua/index.php?action=vthread&forum=6&topic=5325&page=3#msg319263

I'll try to translate it:

1. The forum changes its platform from miniBB 1. to phpBB 3.x

2. Forum structure
(+ forum
- subforum)

+ Projects ( informative topics, how ideas, videos, shootings were created..)
- Dzvinkiy Viter
- Christmas??
- Wild Dances
- Club'in
- Wild Energy
- Charity and Social

+ News
- Actual
- Media

+Music contests and festivals
- Eurovision
- Tavria Games

+ Fan Club
- Communication
- Competitions
- Projects and actions
- Creativity
- Travel (?)
- Birthdays

+ Official
- Administrator
- Moderators
- Official announcements about/by? Ruslana and her team
- Messages for Ruslana&team
- Birthdays

+ Offtopic
- Communication
- Ukraine
- World

3. DB (Database)
a) transfer convertion, distribution (?)
or
b) Creating of archive on http://forum-arhiv.ruslana.ua, continuations of topics to be given by links to the topics in the archive. In the signature(?) the number of posts in the previous forum can be put.

4. Clearance of the base
a) With the transfer to be deleted "dead persons/souls" and old/spam topics
b) If there will be archive- everything will remain as it is.

5. Major styles (according to the project)
Two types of topics will be created pro_ and sub_

( )--- Don't understand this

Dzvinkiy Viter
Wild Dances
Synthetic
Wild
Amazon
Wild energy

6. Moderators
All active moderators get status supermoderators on the new forum.
The status of the missing/inactive mods will be given to active users.

7. Administrator(?)
a) representative of the office
or
b) someone from the fans

wespecz
# Posted: 6 Jul 2009 15:38

nikoleta_rangelova
Alex provided a summary of what the new changes will be: http://forum.ruslana.ua/index.php?action=vthread&forum=6&topic=5325&page=3#msg319263
Well done, Niki, tank you!!!

2. Forum structure
Great, I see that the main structure is maintained. Subsections are maybe not needed, but if moderators will pay more attention to this and always move the wrong placed topic, I think that it's great.

3. DB (Database)
a) transfer convertion, distribution (?)

This would be the best! To see all the previous topics in the new interface. No archieve.

4. Clearance of the base
a) With the transfer to be deleted "dead persons/souls" and old/spam topics
b) If there will be archive- everything will remain as it is.

Why do you need to clear not frequently used topics? Sometimes we bring old topics to the top, just when seeking the Wild Dances time.

If do you see any mess (spam topic, really useless topics etc.), clean it in the current forum and then transfer all the topics to the new one. We already cleaned English part of the forum with Niki long ago, but we can miss something and can't clean Ukrainian part.

5. Major styles (according to the project)
Two types of topics will be created pro_ and sub_

Maybe different styles to choose? I guess so, no problem, hen.

6. Moderators
All active moderators get status supermoderators on the new forum.
The status of the missing/inactive mods will be given to active users.

Very clever idea.

7. Administrator(?)
b) someone from the fans

I think that somebody who's active in the forum should do the admin, to be able to react at anytime. But if somebody from office has the time, it's also great! And we would have official involvement.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 8 Jul 2009 13:39

wespecz
WoW, cool signs:D:D Looks like a traffick light:D

Guido
# Posted: 8 Jul 2009 16:11

dead persons/souls
Michael Jackson ?

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 8 Jul 2009 18:39

Then go with voting. Now you see all pluses and minuses.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 8 Jul 2009 18:55

Olena Soltysyak
The voting must be created somehow "officially" or no-one will pay attention to it and everybody will do what they like.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 8 Jul 2009 20:16

nikoleta_rangelova
Of course, I wrote my post in that topic, read it, or you did it already?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 8 Jul 2009 21:11

Olena Soltysyak
I wrote my post in that topic, read it, or you did it already?

I did, thanks.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 05:57

nikoleta_rangelova
Not at all.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 17:36

I have been to forum which we supposed to have. Oh, man if you want I can give you the site of it. There I have to look for the posts more time then to write.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 17:40 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Olena Soltysyak
I believe. Here, I sometimes have no time and need to look through all the topics and search for new replies, but I simply want to do my mod work and check for abusers quickly. And when I know that I have done that before and the old topics are clean, I need to look only through the newest posts. No wasting time in digging all topics, nothing, all new posts are easily accessible.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 17:43

nikoleta_rangelova
So, you wrote too much. So, you are for it or against?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 17:53

Olena Soltysyak
So, you are for it or against?

What did you make from all the links I quoted you in the "This is the best forum" topic? >>

Please, read the UA topic carefully. There me, Jindra, Cora, Guido, Ruthen, wild_olchyk, kozi, Lenchuk and may be more express their arguments AGAINST a new forum.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 17:58

I know and I read the posts, no I mean the way you wrote to much, and I misunderstood, that's why I asked it.

wespecz
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 17:58

Olena Soltysyak
So, you wrote too much. So, you are for it or against?
We're against the new forum. Our arguments are in the topic which Niki has linked.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 18:00

wespecz
I saw them.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 18:02

Olena Soltysyak
So, you are for it or against?
I saw them.

You saw them, did you read them?:D:D ---->

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 18:09

nikoleta_rangelova
Yes, I did.

Yannis
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 18:12

nikoleta_rangelova
Please, read the UA topic carefully. There me, Jindra, Cora, Guido, Ruthen, wild_olchyk, kozi, Lenchuk and may be more express their arguments AGAINST a new forum.

Just a small remark: In German Topic I also expressed my opinion that I'm against a new forum layout. (Guido asked us what we think about that discussion, earlier.)

(But maybe it's a good opportunity to leave the forum for good should it be converted to a new layout as almost nobody is posting there any longer anyway.... The last one switches off the light....sic.)

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 247 [7 Jun 2019 14:16]

These forums are running on forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2019 admin | Ruslana. Official site