Forum changes/Moving the forum to a new platform (2)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ”крањнська - –усский - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Official / Forum changes/Moving the forum to a new platform
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
cora
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 18:19

Yannis
In German Topic I also expressed my opinion that I'm against a new forum layout.

Thanks for your support. It is not only about layout/design. They want a completely new structure, new gimmicks and features for moderators and for personal comunication. They want to start a new "virgin" forum, where everyone has to register again. The old forum wil be put in an archive. What do you think about that?

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 18:22

Yannis
What do you mean - to leave forum for good. Noooo You want to leave because of a new forum????

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 18:24

cora
No, Cora, Anton told that they are going to transfer all the topics into new forum, and there is a chance that we won't register again. What do you think about it?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 18:29

Yannis
Just a small remark: In German Topic I also expressed my opinion that I'm against a new forum layout.

Thank you for the support! Would you do it also in the UA topic, please? I have doubts concerning how much this topic is read by the UA members.

Yannis
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 19:00

cora
What do you think about that?

I've read most of the details before. I think it's no good at all. I don't see any reason why we should give up 'our place' we feel/felt at home. And at least I'm not in the mood starting from zero again just because some youngsters like it their way. Maybe I'm too old fashioned but I consider the platform to be a kind of "Ruslana's corporate identity" and associate a lot of things, the pics, the colours, the fonts, with Ruslana. Sweet memories....

Olena Soltysyak
You want to leave because of a new forum????

One reason would be what I just wrote to Cora above, the second is that almost all German fans disappeared during the last years and months. Often I almost had to talk to myself. Rarely obw pays us a visit but, with Guntram, there are only 4 persons left, 2 of them moderators.
(But I noticed that in other international topics also a lot of people have disappeared thus it's not a German desease .)

It get's less attractive all the time. Guess we'd need another Ukrainian ESC win to get some new international fans. Maybe we are to blame? If it's too boring what we're posting the others should make new, more interesting input.
Very often we're discussing things we did months or years ago, all over again, due to lack of new input.

nikoleta_rangelova
Would you do it also in the UA topic, please?

Maybe I should but I'm somehow not in the mood to fight around and exchange arguments. Most of us are here to discuss music, aren't we? And my Ukrainian is not the best...

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 19:28

Yannis

May be it will look sceptical for you, but i understand you very well. I noticed that many international and ukrainian fans gone. That is very sad. I know that there is not new input too, and the same things are discussed over and over. You see, after Eurovision-2004, Ruslana became very famous in many countries, many fans joine the fan club from many countries, now the years passed and of course you used to it, everything is not new to you and to others. And to prove something like for new forum is strange too. I know, you and others used to it, like you wrote like at home, and with new forum we do not know how it will be. I understand you perfectly.
Can you join English topic or you want to write only in German?

Yannis
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 21:10

Olena Soltysyak
I understand you perfectly.

At least one!

Can you join English topic or you want to write only in German?

I posted in English topics as well already, over 30 so far, but not too much. (I'm here since 2005!) Lack of time: work spoils the whole day.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 21:18

Yannis
Most of us are here to discuss musi
And all our discussions will be soon...... gone?

And my Ukrainian is not the best...
As isn't "their" English:D Both sides look equally funny in terms of language in each other's eyes, I think:D

At least one!
One?! We are more

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 21:32

Yannis
Thank you. I know I saw you profile. You are for a long time here. Come on inot English topics then pleus to German ones.

nikoleta_rangelova
As isn't "their" English:D Both sides look equally funny in terms of language in each other's eyes, I think:D
What do you mean?
I told you already. He did not mean to insult at all. He was just joking around. Yarik wrote about Cora because Cora was the last form international fan club who posted in that topic, and Cora is moderator. Believe me they are pissed off ,as many fans write different things. It is not easy for them too.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 21:37

Olena Soltysyak
What do you mean?
I am making fun of the fact we don't know Ukrainian. It has nothing to do with what is happening in the other topic.

Yarik wrote

I know what he wrote.

they are pissed off ,as many fans write different things

Things, different from their opinion.

It is not easy for them too.
And it could be.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 21:41

nikoleta_rangelova
Things, different from their opinion.
Probably.

It is difficult to do it, ok we will see what will happen.
Do not be mad, by answering so short.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 21:44

Olena Soltysyak
short.

I thought you hated long replies

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 21:52

nikoleta_rangelova
No, only sometimes your replies confuse me. But short I like, yes.

cora
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 06:53

Olena Soltysyak
No, Cora, Anton told that they are going to transfer all the topics into new forum, and there is a chance that we won't register again. What do you think about it?

They considered this only after many protests. The whole things was done in a very unfair and arrogant way right from the beginning by ignoring the international fans. What do you think would have happened, if we had not read their RU/UA posts? They would have just gone ahead without giving a shit about other people's opinion.

Believe me they are pissed off ,as many fans write different things. It is not easy for them too.

The forum was peaceful before they started the mess. They could easily end it.

Yannis
If it's too boring what we're posting the others should make new, more interesting input.

Why stick to the dead German topic. In the English topics there are still many interesting and active discussions.

Yannis
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 08:34

cora
Why stick to the dead German topic. In the English topics there are still many interesting and active discussions.

I don't have anything against English topics but it's often time consuming to follow the various discussions.

During working days I have only minutes to make a short remark here, thus it's quick to drop a German line and have only to check one source. Furthermore I'm doing a lot of sports after work and in the evening I'm checking also other music resources of my favorites in Ukrain, Uzbekistan, Lithuania, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Hungary, Arab and African countries. During the weekends I'm checking second hand markets for more interesting world music: Usually I come home with a heap of new CDs and administration takes a lot of time, registering them etc.. Thus Ruslana might only represent 1-5% of my total activities - especially as she does not produce new music too often.

nikoleta_rangelova
Olena Soltysyak

He did not mean to insult at all. He was just joking around.
I am making fun of the fact we don't know Ukrainian. It has nothing to do with what is happening in the other topic.

Yep. I would have to make use of an online translator. Very funny translations can be the result and therefore I'm careful handling such sensitive topics in a language I don't know.

And all our discussions will be soon...... gone?

Probably. What I do not understand: If they want a change, why do they not open their own Ruslana forum and leave the established one alone...!?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 08:49 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Yannis
Usually I come home with a heap of new CDs and administration takes a lot of time, registering them etc..
Collector's passion?

If they want a change, why do they not open their own Ruslana forum and leave the established one alone...!?
Haha, I'd say God knows why, but may be he doesn't either:D

cora

They considered this only after many protests.

Indeed.What do you think would have happened, if we had not read their RU/UA posts?
Yes, unforunately.

cora
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 17:53

Yannis
During working days I have only minutes to make a short remark here, thus it's quick to drop a German line and have only to check one source

Sure. I don't read all topics either, as I don't have much time either.

What I do not understand: If they want a change, why do they not open their own Ruslana forum and leave the established one alone...!?

Wise words!

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:03

cora
I hope you are not angry, because of yesterday, he really did not mean anything bad or to insult.

Yes, first they wrote that we have to start a new forum from the very beginning, and now they saw that many fans are for this forum, and these topics. Now, they want to transfer them. No, even now and then they wanted to get everybody's opinion, yesterday Yarik wrote and he wrote it before, that without international fans they would not change the forum, they want everybody to discuss it and to come to the common idea about new forum.
But, just now I read there, that office does not act or I would say support it as international fans opinion is important for them. So, I would say you have supportes. I think everything will be fine.
The guys also will try to explain everything and to take to consideration your points of view and you both will come to some general points. But I know for sure if there will not be common point of view nothing will come true.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:07

Yannis
I know it is very difficult with online translator, as it does not give the right words ( the meanings), wrong word order.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:11 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Olena Soltysyak
No, even now and then they wanted to get everybody's opinion,

A fan also said that it should have been anounced as a fact by the office and the opinion of foreigners and majority not considered, because it would spoil everything or similar things.

Alex_Angel:
http://forum.ruslana.ua/index.php?action=vthread&forum=6&topic=5325&page=8#msg320129
ћогли просто дати обь€ву "« хх числа форум переходить на нову платформу".... (€к тут)
... а так тут питають вашоњ думки, €кщо щось не зрозум≥ло по€снюють, н≥в≥ть тод≥ коли питанн€ на €ке вже Ї в≥дпов≥дь задаЇтьс€ в сотий раз.
« оф≥сом н≥чого ще не вир≥шинно... оф≥с порахував що думка ≥ноземних фан≥в дуже важлива. ...

Antares
http://forum.ruslana.ua/index.php?action=vthread&forum=6&topic=5325&page=9#msg320138
ћогли просто дати обь€ву "« хх числа форум переходить на нову платформу"
чесслово,так и надо было сделать,как неоднократно показывает практика опрос мнени€ большинства только тормозит дело,ухудшает качество и портит нервные клетки. имхо достаточно того что те кто знают о чем говор€т высказались "за",остальные когда увид€т новую платформу в работе тоже перестанут кислые мины делать.

Let's not retell the entire UA topic. I'm sure the foreigners know and feel a lot more than we say or comment.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:20 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Let's even translate part of it, I hope a little better than the online translator:

Alex:

They could have just announced it: from this and this date the forum will be moved to a new platform.
,,, and here they ask for your opinion...

............ but the office consider the opinion of foreigners very important.....

Antares, as areply to the above post:
They should have done so, as practice has shown not only once that the opinion of majority stops/slows down (not sure) things, makes quality poorer, and kills nervous cells. In my humble opinion, it is enough that those who know what we are talking about said YES, the rest when see... will stop... speak bad, (that;s the main meaning)

==============================================

Olena Soltysyak
I know you're trying to keep the peace on both sides, but we read and feel and make conclusions ourselves.

Thanks for you consideration, though

cora
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:21

Olena Soltysyak
I hope you are not angry, because of yesterday, he really did not mean anything bad or to insult.

No of course not.

The guys also will try to explain everything and to take to consideration your points of view and you both will come to some general points. But I know for sure if there will not be common point of view nothing will come true.

Thanks for explaining. I just don't see any benefit from creating a new forum at all and why they are making such a fuss of it.

I know it is very difficult with online translator, as it does not give the right words ( the meanings), wrong word order.

That's true. But I do understand a little UA/RU without online translator

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:23

nikoleta_rangelova

Yarik
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:23

Olena Soltysyak
¬ремеенно тута перевадить ни треба. ѕотим усе €кос переведем, пуст наши дороботают тестовик.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:30

cora
No of course not.
Then it is great.

I just don't see any benefit from creating a new forum at all and why they are making such a fuss of it.
I do not know if you noticed but more then a month and even few weeks ago Antares and Alex_Angel wanted to change this forum, with the new design and to improve the mistakes or I would say drawbacks which the forum has. They wanted to get the login of admin, but nothing, they wanted to takeca of forum, but nothing happened. Now this creation of new forum, it came of a sudden. I was surprized too. As from here they do not get a login, then they should have spoken to office, and may be the office told if everybody is for a new forum then go ahead and creat a new one, but as you see some are for it some are against. But it is how I think and see it.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:31

Yarik
ѕотр≥бно було перекласти, бо були питанн€.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:36

Olena Soltysyak
I do not know if you noticed

No, we hadn't noticed. This is what Cora and me tried to explain you. No-one had ever considered telling anything to the foreign fans. If we hadn't read the newly opened by Anton topic, we wouldn't have known anything.

, it came of a sudden.

Yes.

But why do I get the feeling in every our post here we repeat one and the same thing??

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:40

nikoleta_rangelova
No, we hadn't noticed. This is what Cora and me tried to explain you. No-one had ever considered telling anything to the foreign fans. If we hadn't read the newly opened by Anton topic, we wouldn't have known anything.
You would not notice it as it was not serious at all. Only 3-4 people were talking about a new desing on this forum. But it was not serious, there was no topic about it.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:42

Olena Soltysyak
Only 3-4 people were talking about a new desing on this forum.
Are they more now?

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:44

nikoleta_rangelova
Now there are more Ukr. fans for it.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site