Forum changes/Moving the forum to a new platform (3)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Official / Forum changes/Moving the forum to a new platform
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Yarik
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:46

Olena Soltysyak
! . . , .

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:49

To All!!!

Soon you will see an example of a new forum.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:49

Yarik

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:50

Yarik
, .

wespecz
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 18:54

Olena Soltysyak
Soon you will see an example of a new forum.
Thanks! Would be good to test it on some external server.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 10 Jul 2009 19:22

wespecz
I do not know, but in few days it will be ready.

Yannis
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 04:38

nikoleta_rangelova
Collector's passion?

Oh yeh, since I got to know Ruslana only by chance, the ESC, I was convinced that it is really necessary to be up to date on other good unknown artists since only a small number will take part in ESC - and even a smaller number will win it. I would have missed a lot of good people without my thousands of audios and investigations. In another topic I admitted that this is kind of crazy, but I guess everybody is collecting something. In this case it's good music. Storage is the biggest problem.

Olena Soltysyak
I know it is very difficult with online translator, as it does not give the right words ( the meanings), wrong word order.

But sometimes it gives such nice combinations that one could burst out laughing. But they improved their services, the last years.

Yannis
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 04:50 - Edited by: Yannis

cora
I just don't see any benefit from creating a new forum at all and why they are making such a fuss of it.

Another aspect needs to be considered: Sometimes fans are very active, here in the forum, even hyper active. But that might change and insulted people, people that got some private problems or those who are suddenly no longer interested in Ruslana disappear for a long time or for good: Could they guarantee that there is constant technical support for a new forum engine? Even if some of them are no longer interested in it?

More features could result in more technical problems. Who will take care for that 24 hours a day?

nikoleta_rangelova
........... but the office consider the opinion of foreigners very important.....

Is it the Ruslana office?

Another question would be: Do they need approval of Ruslana managemet to do such elemental changes? Maybe anyone knows.

Yannis
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 04:51

wespecz
Would be good to test it on some external server.

Yes, and not spoiling this one.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 05:40

Yannis
Yes

Do they need approval of Ruslana managemet to do such elemental changes?
Yes

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 05:42

Yannis

But sometimes it gives such nice combinations that one could burst out laughing.
I know, that is funny. But then I can't get the main idea.

By the way there is an example of new forum, I think you have found it already, if not I can give you a link of it.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 05:48 - Edited by: Olena Soltysyak

Yannis
More features could result in more technical problems. Who will take care for that 24 hours a day?
Yuo see, this forum does not have any admin, and it has many drawbacks, that one will be managed by fans, and the fan will be admin. I think, they will do it, of course there is much work, but later when they will do everything, when they will finish it, there will be lee of it. There were always fans that had computer skills (prof skills, as they work with it).

Yesterday I visited new forum, actualy it is not bad. But still much to do.

Yannis
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 06:13

Olena Soltysyak
By the way there is an example of new forum, I think you have found it already, if not I can give you a link of it.
Yesterday I visited new forum, actualy it is not bad. But still much to do.

Looks quite good, similar to this one, but it's too early to make a final judgement without real, imported data.

There were always fans that had computer skills (prof skills, as they work with it).

You are a big optimist, I suppose!?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 06:40

Yannis
I admitted that this is kind of crazy, but I guess everybody is collecting something.
And everybody is kind of crazy :D

Yes.

Another question would be: Do they need approval of Ruslana managemet to do such elemental changes? Maybe anyone knows.

Yes, they need paswords, access... They are not creating just their own OTHER forum as you suggested they should do, they are trying to force everyone on a new forum.

Olena Soltysyak
Yesterday I visited new forum, actualy it is not bad.

I also visited it. It looks good, but it is a whole lot more complicated than this one.

=You don't have your post field directly on the page, you need to do an extra click and wait for another page to open in order to post. For people with slower connection, this unnecessarily slows things down.

=When you quote someone, the quoting field, because it is a whoooole rectangle that appears, not like here, is 10000 bigger than your answer.

=It will take ages to a mod to react to abuser with all the things we should fill there (I admit I don't know if they are obligatory)

=It all looked so... chaotic. You couldn't see where a post ends and where another starts. I can't distunguish who said what and what are whose words. Later someone fixed it and lines separating dofferent posts appeared.

=signatures, and other such things are unnecessary complication for me. Imagine:

quote: /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

reply: Yes, at 9.

signature:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff

This is how it looks. Enormous quotations, confusing signatures and a tiny IMPORTANT reply which you struggle to find among all the other letters there.

Let have the test link here too:

HOW THE NEW FORUM WOULD LIKE:
http://www.ruslana.in.ua/testforum

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 06:54

nikoleta_rangelova
These are the functions of new forum, then write your words to them, as they want now to improve it. They will listen to everybody as they want to find common idea.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 07:07 - Edited by: Olena Soltysyak

Yannis
You are a big optimist, I suppose!?
I do not think so. Just, I can tell that they know a lot about computer, I was never good at it. It is sad. Some of my friends say about me - that the computer starts to break before I sit in front of it, or while I am working.
Yes, I agree, it is still much to do, and they know it too, we all should come to some common idea, otherwise here will be a fight, I hope everything will be fine. ( but I am not as optimistic as you think).

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 08:20

Olena Soltysyak
write your words to them,

I write everything I consider important in the other topic.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 08:22

nikoleta_rangelova
Then Good luck.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 08:57

nikoleta_rangelova

Please do not say things we haven't asked or said.
We are saying what we agree or disagree with, we are not asking for explanations and things. We pretty well understand.

You Niki, had question too, you asked me if I read this topic, and so on, I wanted in that way not to have some misunderstandings between Ukr. fans and betwenn English speaking fans. But now it looks like that I am like misunderstanding here. Then I won't translate here anymore. Good luck with new forum and misunderstanding.

cora
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 10:48

Yannis

Yes, that's a good point.

Olena Soltysyak
There were always fans that had computer skills (prof skills, as they work with it).

"Skilled" does not mean "responsible".

Then I won't translate here anymore. Good luck with new forum and misunderstanding.

What do you mean? Your translation help is very much appreciated.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 10:50

cora
Look at my previous post. Niki asked it.

cora
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 10:59

Olena Soltysyak
The guys also will try to explain everything and to take to consideration your points of view and you both will come to some general points. But I know for sure if there will not be common point of view nothing will come true.

There can't be a common point of view. There are only two options: old forum or new forum. And I want the old forum.

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 11:36

Maximally squeezed a structure, in a text panel added more smiles, drove in fonts, remedied quotations...

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 11:51

Olena Soltysyak
Well Cora asked me some questions.
Okay, I haven't noticed, sorry then.

, ,

I haven't noticed than anyone had asked for explanation and making things clear. If we have, then okay. But if we haven't and you say to the UA fans that we want MORE than the already done explanations and things, we'll only look a bit silly, after all the things were discussed already. I'm sorry if I have misunderstood you.

you asked me if I read this topic,
Yes, only because it wasn't clear for you if we are FOR or AGAINST a new forum.

I wanted in that way not to have some misunderstandings between Ukr. fans and betwenn English speaking fans.
I know, thanks.

cora
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 12:31

Olena Soltysyak
nikoleta_rangelova
Well Cora asked me some questions.
Okay, I haven't noticed, sorry then.

Did I? Can't remember. It is not about questions, but about opinions. Anyway, Olena, I appreciate your wish to help

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 13:46 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

cora
Did I?

Don't know

Our forum right now:
Online now: Guests - 9; Members - 0

The test-dream-forum:
In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

And I guess it's been me, copying the data:D

Btw, with the function "private messages" in the new forum, there will be much less work for mods, I think:D Everyone will be able to freely swear at all the rest:D

I'm readign the FAQ of the test forum and I tumbled across..."Friends and Foes
What are my Friends and Foes lists?"

We will have foes there?????? :D

Perhaps we can have also garages for tanks and place to keep our cannons?:D

flipsty
# Posted: 11 Jul 2009 21:53

Foes! Whatever for?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 12 Jul 2009 06:57

flipsty
Foes! Whatever for?

That's going to be a bloody forum :D:D:D I hope someone from Olimp will save us and our dear forum.

Yannis
# Posted: 12 Jul 2009 14:34

Olena Soltysyak
I was never good at it.

It's my job. But not web programming.

Some of my friends say about me - that the computer starts to break before I sit in front of it, or while I am working.

Yes, there do exist such people....

cora
"Skilled" does not mean "responsible".

Yes, and available in the years to come....

And I want the old forum.

Me too

Anyway, Olena, I appreciate your wish to help

Everybody does, I suppose!

nikoleta_rangelova

Btw, with the function "private messages" in the new forum, there will be much less work for mods, I think:D Everyone will be able to freely swear at all the rest:D

I know this feature from other forums as well. I like it but it also has a disadvantage: groups of users could organize 'in the background', kind of mobbing could start. On the other hand it can be practical to submit an email address or a download link without getting in trouble....
Advantages and disadvantages....

I'm readign the FAQ of the test forum and I tumbled across..."Friends and Foes
What are my Friends and Foes lists?"

Never heard of such a feature but it doesn't sound good. See my writing above...

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 12 Jul 2009 14:47

cora
Never mind we will see what will happen, but they try very hard.

nikoleta_rangelova
Never mind.

Yannis
Yes, it looks like I belong to that people too.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 3; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site