Forum Hack (4)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Official / Forum Hack
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Guido
# Posted: 2 Sep 2013 19:24

A 4th way : give me mod status so I can use my broom as Niki expressed it ?

You shouldn't just delete the topics, but also block those "guys". Or maybe leave them- this way the forum looks quite alive ; )
(Niki)
She was right - twice.

BTW where is Guntram ? And Esther ?
Guntram in Russia and Esther in Holland ?

Christiane
# Posted: 4 Sep 2013 09:04 - Edited by: Christiane

Alex__Angel

I read somewhere, that adding a so called security question to the login process, might also help. I'm not really sure though.

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 4 Sep 2013 11:10

Christiane

I read somewhere, that adding a so called security question to the login process, might also help. I'm not really sure though.

1. To do this, the engine blew CAPTCHA protection code charge USD $7.99

http://www.minibb.com/captcha.html

2. Engine version 1.7 of this forum. In order that would put the additions need version 3.0.1.

3. In order that would put the version 3.0.1 to convert the database offline for this version ... the author is a very time-consuming work ...

cora
# Posted: 5 Sep 2013 17:49 - Edited by: cora

Alex__Angel
Talked with the alleged administrators.

Very good! Thanks!

He is voiced two options for getting it all correct ... (Cora knows about them)

I don't know what is best to do. I just think that the problem with the spams need to be solved asap. What would you recommend? Can you please advise our admin?

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 5 Sep 2013 21:24

1. This forum is portable to address (for example) http://forumold.ruslana.ua and close it. Thus we get a saved an archive with a great history forum.

2. On the address (for example) http://forum.ruslana.ua create a welcome page with reference to the old and the new forum

3. On the address (for example) http://phorum.ruslana.ua create a forum on a new engine and an advanced security system.

p.s. An example of how this can be
http://lah.ru/phorum.htm

cora
# Posted: 6 Sep 2013 13:40

Alex__Angel
Mmh, I would prefer a solution to make the current forum safe.

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 6 Sep 2013 18:05 - Edited by: Alex__Angel

Alex__Angel
Mmh, I would prefer a solution to make the current forum safe.

I would also ... but I have a board administrator and no unnecessary $ 8
No, the time and desire to convert the forum database into version required for plug-in installation. Why? Because attendance of a forum is poor ... "mountain gives birth to a mouse"

P.S. And the beacause this preference? For whom is this preference?

cora
# Posted: 6 Sep 2013 21:11

Alex__Angel
Because attendance of a forum is poor ...

I fear that the attendance will be even poorer than it is now.

no unnecessary $ 8

Would this amount be charged once to use captcha protection? I would be very happy to pay this amount if it solves the problem.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 7 Sep 2013 19:47

Alex__Angel
cora

I think that one of the solutions would be to include the admin's approval for all the new signed users and delete the old users proved to be spams. Like this, these hackers won't be able to post their spam on the forum. There are many websites on which the admin's approval is being needed after registering there.

cora
# Posted: 8 Sep 2013 21:23

AlexandruRomania
I think that one of the solutions would be to include the admin's approval for all the new signed users and delete the old users proved to be spams.

Good idea. I will suggest the capchas and the admin's approval to our admin.

Christiane
# Posted: 8 Sep 2013 23:32

Indeed it seems, that CAPTCHA is best in this case.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 13 Sep 2013 21:59

Gee, I've missed all the fun around the funny little bots creating funny great trouble, lol.

cora
# Posted: 16 Sep 2013 20:17

nikoleta_rangelova
Gee, I've missed all the fun around the funny little bots creating funny great trouble, lol.

I wouldn't miss them. This morning I deleted about 100 spams. I thought it would never end. I now again another 50 or so.

I wrote again to the admin. He knows about this problem since at least the beginning of the year and hasn't done anything so far.

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 16 Sep 2013 21:27 - Edited by: Alex__Angel

I wrote again to the admin. He knows about this problem since at least the beginning of the year and hasn't done anything so far.

admin told me that the problem with the forum will be resolved soon

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 16 Sep 2013 21:29

Alex__Angel

That's great news.

cora

This morning I deleted about 100 spams.

Wow! I'm deleting the 'spam replies'. I don't know why but I can't delete topics nor the first post in a topic.

Christiane
# Posted: 16 Sep 2013 22:47

AlexandruRomania

Only moderators can delete topics and postings by other users respectively by spammers. I tried to delete spambots during the last two days, but now it's getting difficult as the connection is very slow, sometimes there isn't any at all.....I'm on holidays and got the feeling, that I'm in the middle of nowhere. Maybe there's even more civilization in the Ukrainian Carpathians than in this place here.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 16 Sep 2013 22:52

Christiane

Only moderators can delete topics and postings by other users respectively by spammers.

I'm also a moderator but something is not right here. I can delete posts but not topics.

cora
# Posted: 16 Sep 2013 22:54

Christiane
Only moderators can delete topics and postings by other users respectively by spammers.

Alexandru is a moderator

AlexandruRomania
Very strange that you can't delete topics.

Alex__Angel

I hope so. What is "soon"?

ANTARES
# Posted: 16 Sep 2013 23:25

I would gladly do something about it, but if Alex and I's suggestions concerning moving the forum to a better and more modern platform had been taken into account back in 2009, we wouldn't be having this problem now.
(I'll just leave this here)

Unfortunately, your offers concerning handling the current situation will have the effect comparable to that of washing the floors during a fire. A complex renewal of the platform is needed, and I am working on it.

Christiane
# Posted: 16 Sep 2013 23:30

cora

This is a sign, that I should go back to everyday life very soon, when I even miss, that Alexandru is a moderator

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 16 Sep 2013 23:35

Christiane

when I even miss, that Alexandru is a moderator

A wonderful one. LOL!

Christiane
# Posted: 16 Sep 2013 23:38

ANTARES

Thanks for your info and efforts to solve the problems

cora
# Posted: 17 Sep 2013 08:58

ANTARES
I would gladly do something about it, but if Alex and I's suggestions concerning moving the forum to a better and more modern platform had been taken into account back in 2009, we wouldn't be having this problem now.

At that time there were spams and no problems. There was absolutely no reason for a new forum.

A complex renewal of the platform is needed, and I am working on it.

A new platform for this forum or a new one?

admin
Admin
# Posted: 17 Sep 2013 23:39

cora
At that time there were spams and no problems. There was absolutely no reason for a new forum.
[sarcasm]Of course, the current problems have appeared out of the blue.[/sarcasm]

A new platform for this forum or a new one?
Expand on what you mean by "this forum or a new one"

cora
# Posted: 18 Sep 2013 10:11

admin
Expand on what you mean by "this forum or a new one"

What do you mean with 'new platform'?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 18 Sep 2013 12:28

cora

Perhaps he means.... do you remember what they once showed us? That totally new forum, they gave us moderators' access on it for a while :D Perhaps something like these if I remember correctly

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php

http://bladeforum.bg/index.php

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 18 Sep 2013 21:20

admin

Can you please hurry up and solve this problem? It's getting worse every day.

cora
# Posted: 29 Oct 2013 20:39

Where are all the spams? The number has gone down in the last few weeks significantly.

AlexandruRomania
Christiane

Or have you deleted so many that there wern't any left for me?

Guido
# Posted: 29 Oct 2013 22:51

I prefer spammers to a dutch guy that deleted all your topics Cora.

Christiane
# Posted: 30 Oct 2013 11:36

cora

I noticed as well, that the number of spams went down, something might have done by the admin....I'm not sure. It's not a long time ago, when I've deleted almost two pages of spams and it seemed, that it became more and more.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 494 [14 Dec 2016 06:05]

These forums are running on easy forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2017 admin | Ruslana. Official site