Esther's Adventures/News/Ramblings (8)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Off-Topic / Esther's Adventures/News/Ramblings
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 27 . 28 . >>
Esther
# Posted: 17 Oct 2008 21:14

I'm sooooooo .......uhum *bad word* ......... frustrated!!! It's my sisters birthday tomorrow and she celebrated it this evening. I don't know, maybe I just don't like parties anymore. Well not like this one nor another one of a friend a few weeks ago. Ah well I go to sleep the guest are finaly gone. See ye tomorrow.

wespecz
# Posted: 17 Oct 2008 22:29

Esther
Hi! Wow what a cool new name of your topic!

I think that you will manage everything in wishing happy birthday to your sister anyway. Happy birthday to her!

How are you?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 18 Oct 2008 14:32

Esther
Happy birhday to your sister

Oh, we have another title, hahaha, ook

Guido
# Posted: 18 Oct 2008 18:05

I don't know, maybe I just don't like parties anymore.
Neither do I WS. But I like fan meetings ! :-)
Happy birthday to your sister who is not my friend because she is not a fan of Ruslana and other reasons ? But anyway ...
I hope she never visits this forum

Guido
# Posted: 18 Oct 2008 18:45

Sorry my kids are a bit too old to need a prof babysitter Es :-) Otherwise I would surely ask you. But who knows : my son's babies ?
(bedoel hun kindjes niet hun liefjes)

Esther
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 16:13

wespecz
nikoleta_rangelova
Guido
Whahaha I just found out you congratulated me with the birthday of my sister. Thanks. I haven't told her yet. I survived that evening. Total horror!!!! hahaha All of the conversations!! Wedding, weddings, wedding dresses, wedding gifts and even more stuff about weddings. YUCK!!! And they allll know I'm not into weddings at all, I loath them. And I think after this birthday they kind know:P. Oh next torture is coming saturday. Luckily I got a very coool day. hahaha I'm a voluntear for the EO, Christian tv chanel, and they organised an activity day for families at an adventure park!! And I may help the kids with a game. I'm sooooo happy. I can't wait for the weekend. It's only three more working days away.

Oh about my work. I received my salary for the very first time. It was a lot and I knew something went wrong. Hahaha my boss made a mistake. I didn't mind but well next month I won't get that much as they will fix the thing.

wespecz
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 16:59

Esther
I survived that evening. Total horror!!!!
Thanks for sharing, I'm glad to hear that you've made it. Wow!

I'm a voluntear for the EO, Christian tv chanel, and they organised an activity day for families at an adventure park!! And I may help the kids with a game. I'm sooooo happy. I can't wait for the weekend. It's only three more working days away.
It must be wonderful work! Enjoy it as you can and I'm looking forward to read your experiences from it. What are you doing here exactly? Reporter?

I received my salary for the very first time. It was a lot and I knew something went wrong. Hahaha my boss made a mistake. I didn't mind but well next month I won't get that much as they will fix the thing.

Were you forced to put the money which you've received by mistake back?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 17:08

Esther
Wedding, weddings, wedding dresses, wedding gifts

I agree: HORROR

Oh next torture is coming saturday.
Won't they all marry by that time, so the theme would be exhausted? HAha

I received my salary for the very first time.
Congratulations

Esther
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 17:22

wespecz
Thanks for sharing, I'm glad to hear that you've made it. Wow!
Hahahaha

It must be wonderful work!
It is. This is the first year in this setting. Normally they hire a big soccerstadion and put up a big circus tent. There are speakers for the adults and special things for 12 years and older in the stadion. The kids under 12 come to the tent and that's where they need caretakers for the day. That's what I did. It's wonderful work indeed. It's great to see such young kids dancing and singing for God. And without any doubt like adults have.

What are you doing here exactly? Reporter?
Nope. At the parc are different things to do like theatre shows (for kids) and at the same time there are speaches for the adults and they need people who give out baloons, booklets, walk arround the parc as an information beacon and they need people to build it all up and to break it down, clean up etc. And what I'm going to do is help at "The Omega Forest Game". I think I have to stay inside the forest or hide I don't know and give extra info or the next order. It's something from television. Normally it's a gameshow where people stand behind desks but now they really have to search and walk/run. My cousin is helping too. Think were in the same team.

Enjoy it as you can and I'm looking forward to read your experiences from it.
OH yes I'll try to not forget to bring my photocamera. Hmmm where did I Put that thing???

Were you forced to put the money which you've received by mistake back?

No but next month they pay me the money minus the money that I got too much now. Sorry for the bad bad English here. Hope ye understand what I mean.

nikoleta_rangelova
I agree: HORROR
Indeed. I'm happy there's someone else who doesn't like it.

Congratulations
haha thanks!!

wespecz
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 17:55

Esther
The kids under 12 come to the tent and that's where they need caretakers for the day. That's what I did. It's wonderful work indeed.
You really love children as I see. That's great! Have you ever wanted to be a teacher?

It's great to see such young kids dancing and singing for God. And without any doubt like adults have.
They don't have the inhibitions - I hope that this is the right word for that.

It's something from television. Normally it's a gameshow where people stand behind desks but now they really have to search and walk/run. My cousin is helping too. Think were in the same team.
That's rare thing that somebody enjoy her/his own work. Go wild, it must be wild. Thank you for the explaination again.

OH yes I'll try to not forget to bring my photocamera. Hmmm where did I Put that thing???
Maybe on your night table? Just what was first in my mind.

No but next month they pay me the money minus the money that I got too much now. Sorry for the bad bad English here. Hope ye understand what I mean.
Yes I understand you very well. They only choosed another method (you don't need to put them back).

Esther
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 18:15

wespecz
Have you ever wanted to be a teacher?
Yes I would love to become a teacher.

They don't have the inhibitions - I hope that this is the right word for that.

Correct.

My thesaurus says:
Inhibition bar, check, embargo, hang-up, hindrance, interdict, mental blockage, obstacle, prhibition, reserve, restraint, restriction, reticence, selfconsciousness, shyness.

Maybe on your night table? Just what was first in my mind
I think it's still in my most favourite bag I got from a dear dear friend.

Yes I understand you very well. They only choosed another method (you don't need to put them back).
Indeed.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 18:17

Hmmm where did I Put that thing???
In the fridge?

No but next month they pay me the money minus the money that I got too much now.
SO couldn't you simply give the money which wasn't yours back and take your salary only and get the same amount next month??

wespecz
That's rare thing that somebody enjoy her/his own work.

When you mentioned it, it really seems to be a rare phenomenon, wow. But, don't think: I'm going to work, think: "I'm going to earn money

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 18:19 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Esther
This is what I'm doing now But, thanks God, not teaching children

My thesaurus says:
Inhibition bar, check, embargo, hang-up, hindrance, interdict, mental blockage, obstacle, prhibition, reserve, restraint, restriction, reticence, selfconsciousness, shyness.

Your thesaurus should have said something like: self-restriction, not behaving freely

But it said it, when I read the words more carefully===restraint of course :F ;)

Esther
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 18:29

nikoleta_rangelova
SO couldn't you simply give the money which wasn't yours back and take your salary only and get the same amount next month??
Euhm I don't know. I don't think it'll help. It'll make things more complicated than it allready is.

Your thesaurus should have said something like: self-restriction, not behaving freely
???? Inhibition means there's nothing in you which says you can't do that. You have no sense of what you can or can't do, no shame.

Self-rerstriction: Who would give him/herself a restriction?

not behaving freely
Inhibition means the opposite.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 18:40 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Esther
Self-rerstriction: Who would give him/herself a restriction?

=One, who, for example eats like a pig at home, but goes to a restaurant with some business partners and is affraid of what they will think of him if he eats, for example, with hands.. and uses fork and a knife. pff, stupid example, but I didn't think of another.

=Or, a man, who just is different when alone or with close friends and different at another place.

=Or, a man, who would directly say to the first woman he sees: hey, let's have.... "a break", this person has NO inhibition..

=Or, now, I remember an example from my tests: Spending more than a year on an uninhabited island, the men forgot all inhibitions. Sth like that.

Inhibition means the opposite.
behaving freely????

Esther
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 18:48

nikoleta_rangelova
Are you really giving yourself a restriction? Or are you restricted by whats accepted by other people??

behaving freely????
Yep. Kids don't feel restricted by others as long as they don't know whether it's accepted or not.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 18:53

Esther
Are you

I am describing a word for which in BG we have only one: zadrazhka. I am describing a meaning of a word.

Yep. Kids don't feel restricted
So they have no inhibitions, as wespe said, although I'm not sure if this is the right word, but now you said the same- no restrictions=no inhibitions, apply Maths, cross out the two "no"s and what remails is: restricrion=inhibition

wespecz
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 18:57

Esther
And will you try to? Are you still studying also?

I think it's still in my most favourite bag I got from a dear dear friend.
Great, so take this bag to the action with you.

nikoleta_rangelova
When you mentioned it, it really seems to be a rare phenomenon, wow. But, don't think: I'm going to work, think: "I'm going to earn money
It's relative. It depends on how do you take the word work. Especially in the payed or free way. This time I meant when you enjoy your payed one.

Your thesaurus should have said something like:
Don't try to compare with my translator, haha. You know which nonsenses it's able to produce.

Esther
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 19:08

nikoleta_rangelova
I am describing a word for which in BG we have only one: zadrazhka. I am describing a meaning of a word.
I know that I'm just beeing the psychologist in me and the fussy person and the other irritating person and the philosophical person:P

So they have no inhibitions, as wespe said, although I'm not sure if this is the right word, but now you said the same- no restrictions=no inhibitions, apply Maths, cross out the two "no"s and what remails is: restricrion=inhibition
Hahahaha Maths wonder:P

wespecz
And will you try to? Are you still studying also?
Nope I got a job. I'm minding children during the day. I tried to get into college as I don't have the right paper to get there without problems. But I failed the test so I started to work.

Great, so take this bag to the action with you.
OOOOOOh not the risk of breaking the bag or loosing it is way bigger there than where I took it the last time. I'll put my camera in another bag.

Don't try to compare with my translator, haha. You know which nonsenses it's able to produce.
??? Explaine please.

wespecz
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 19:21

Esther
Nope I got a job. I'm minding children during the day. I tried to get into college as I don't have the right paper to get there without problems. But I failed the test so I started to work.
I'm sorry to you that you failed the test but it's more than wonderful that you do what you wish to do and that you enjoy your work!

I'll put my camera in another bag.
OKey.

??? Explaine please.
Translator is giving nonsenses usually. When translating to Ukrainian or anything else.

Esther
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 21:38

Sometimes I get so tired of myself!! Now I found my camera but I can't find the cable to put the pictures on my laptop:S

Guido
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 23:13

Total horror!!!
I understand.
Now I found my camera but I can't find the cable to put the pictures on my laptop:S
And next time you find the cable but not the camera ? :-)
See you on TV (EO) soon ?

wespecz
# Posted: 28 Oct 2008 23:42 - Edited by: wespecz

Esther
Sometimes I get so tired of myself!! Now I found my camera but I can't find the cable to put the pictures on my laptop:S
Wish you good luck with searching

Guido
And next time you find the cable but not the camera ? :-)
That's typical "law of wilfulness." :-)

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Oct 2008 03:20 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

but I can't find the cable
Try Google, it may find it

By the way, Thesaurus was recommended to us as well, but I don't think I have used it...... It is an English-English dicitionary, right?

wespecz
# Posted: 29 Oct 2008 07:44 - Edited by: wespecz

By the way, Thesaurus was recommended to us as well, but I don't think I have usd it...... It is an English-English dicitionary, right?
Something like "vocabulary of the foreign words?"

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Oct 2008 12:39 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

wespecz
Something like "vocabulary of the foreign words?"
welllll.... vocabulary of the foreign words explaines the meanings of the foreign words in your own language usually What I meant was if the dictionary exaplains English words (alllll of them) in English language. For example: dog- mammal of different breed and size, ketp at home as a pet or gaurd.... and things of the sort
But probably if Esther's explanation of the word above was just copied and not her own translation. Then it is English-English. I think teachers had recommended us such a one. It can't be EN-BG, for example

wespecz
# Posted: 29 Oct 2008 13:16

nikoleta_rangelova
What I meant was if the dictionary exaplains English words (alllll of them) in English language. For example: dog- mammal of different breed and size, ketp at home as a pet or gaurd.... and things of the sort
So what's the sense of it, then? When not only difficult words but all of them are explained? I saw such a thing somewhere, too.

So add one more:
Ruslana - The best singer, this name has became a symbol of love and wildness, going wild, love and wildness, always firm as a rock and also like rose in the wind at the same time ...

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Oct 2008 13:24 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

wespecz
So what's the sense of it, then?
The sense is, if you are a foreigner, and study a language like I do, to be exposed as much as possible to foreign speech, to read, write, speak, see, dream, hate and get sick of the language you study, to get a notion of the word you want to know, to get an idea of the context you are going to use it in. As one of our teachers during the first year used to say: In my class Bulgarian is forbidden. It is like to be a little child and learn your native language from being constantly exposed to it only. Your mother has never translated to you the Czech words from CZ to some language you know You've been told a word and explained what it means. For example- "the train makes puf paf"- coming from the sound of the old steam locomotives And the poor kid that has never seen a steam locomotive will wonder what the hell is puf paf, but well, this is it- a train.

==At least, this is my own conclusion

wespecz
# Posted: 29 Oct 2008 15:12

nikoleta_rangelova
The sense is, if you are a foreigner, and study a language like I do, to be exposed as much as possible to foreign speech, to read, write, speak, see, dream, hate and get sick of the language you study
Thanks so this is exactly what I don't like. Well in English it's fine but if teacher do it in German where I have much worse knowledge then it's fehler. But if you know the language quite good then it's usefull, indeed.

Your mother has never translated to you the Czech words from CZ to some language you know You've been told a word and explained what it means. For example- "the train makes puf paf"- coming from the sound of the old steam locomotives And the poor kid that has never seen a steam locomotive will wonder what the hell is puf paf, but well, this is it- a train.
I guess that mother better show the train to the child and say: This is the train. I also think that it's more difficult for children to immagine something with something when things are taken from the past - like steam train or plane with airscrew etc.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Oct 2008 18:59

I guess that mother better show the train to the child and say: This is the train.

She does that: This is a train and it does/says puf paf OmG, never mind

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 27 . 28 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 125 [21 Aug 2018 05:03]

These forums are running on forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2018 admin | Ruslana. Official site