- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Off-Topic / Esther's Adventures/News/Ramblings
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 27 . 28 . >>
wespecz
# Posted: 29 Oct 2008 19:03

nikoleta_rangelova
She does that: This is a train and it does/says puf paf OmG, never mind
When train put the pantograph out of the trolley wire it did characteristic puf which you can hear very well. It's very noisy. Maybe children will associate it with that also.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Oct 2008 19:37 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

When train put the pantograph out of the trolley wire it did characteristic puf which you can hear very well
I'll try to explain this to a kid some time

But, hey, we have a professional baby-sitter here, she could help with how to explain what a train is to a child

wespecz
# Posted: 29 Oct 2008 20:06

nikoleta_rangelova
I'll try to explain this to a kid some time
It will be scared and better become a railwayman to understand you.

Byt, hey, we have a professional baby-sitter here, she could help with how to explain what a train is to a child
Her experiences are more than welcome! Where are you?

Guido
# Posted: 29 Oct 2008 21:27

Try Google, it may find it
Or : clean up your room ?
I'm very good at that Es.

Esther
# Posted: 31 Oct 2008 18:58

Guido
And next time you find the cable but not the camera ? :-)
See you on TV (EO) soon ?

Ik ben thuis btw:P I don't know maybe I'll be on tv.

nikoleta_rangelova
but I don't think I have used it...... It is an English-English dicitionary, right?
Yes you can find the two combined but also seperate. I got a medium sized dictionairy with thesaures and a huge old thesaurus which I got from an Irish friend.

But probably if Esther's explanation of the word above was just copied and not her own translation. Then it is English-English. I think teachers had recommended us such a one. It can't be EN-BG, for example
Yep that's what I did I copied it from the thesaurus I got from my irish friend. And my teacher (creative writing) recommended me to by a thesaurus

Esther
# Posted: 31 Oct 2008 19:03

nikoleta_rangelova
wespecz
Strange trains there in Bulgaria:P

But, hey, we have a professional baby-sitter here, she could help with how to explain what a train is to a child
Hahahahahahaha I would explain it by drawing a train and make totally different sounds. Or I would try and find a book about a train or let them watch Thomas (childrens programme about a steam engine)

Where are you?
At my work explaining kids what trains are

Guido
Or : clean up your room ?
I'm very good at that Es.

I should clean my room again. But when I'm finally finished I have to start all over again. As it takes a lot of time for me.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 31 Oct 2008 19:18 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Esther
and make totally different sounds
So better your kids don't come to Bulgaria and our mothers don't go to the Netherlands or they'll catch God know what insted of a train

Strange trains there in Bulgaria:P
As Guido responded to me once: Come and see

At my work explaining kids what trains are
haha

thanks for the thesaurus explanation This name has always sounded to me like species of dinosaurs......

Esther
# Posted: 31 Oct 2008 19:37

nikoleta_rangelova
thanks for the thesaurus explanation This name has alwais sounded to me like species of dinosaurs......
Well some thesaurusus have the weight of a dinosaur:P

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 31 Oct 2008 19:44

Well some thesaurusus have the weight of a dinosaur:P
hahaha

Have you seen English Language Activator? (It is not a dinosaur, I don't know why I thought of it,...:F) This was/is the most used dictionary byy the first year students, simply we had to re-write the meanings of many words.....what a method.

wespecz
# Posted: 1 Nov 2008 00:29 - Edited by: wespecz

Esther
Hahahahahahaha I would explain it by drawing a train and make totally different sounds. Or I would try and find a book about a train or let them watch Thomas (childrens programme about a steam engine)
You would better learn children modern pronunciation of the train sounds ... just be silent ... and then tell to the surprised children: well this was electric train, it don't provide almost any sounds.

nikoleta_rangelova
Have you seen English Language Activator? (It is not a dinosaur, I don't know why I thought of it,...:F) This was/is the most used dictionary byy the first year students, simply we had to re-write the meanings of many words.....what a method.

Wow I remember that only from the primary school when you were forced to rewrite the words from the current lesson from book to your notebook. Now it's up to you how do you learn. But in Russian you need to rewrite everything yourself ... when learning cyrillics. (Talking about me, of course. I know that cyrillics is alphabet of your native language. )

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 1 Nov 2008 07:35

wespecz
just be silent ... and then tell to the surprised children: well this was electric train, it don't provide almost any sounds.
We say sometimes that somebody keeps silent like a fish (negative connotation, when you ask one something and s/he doesn't respond), may be we should change it to : silent like a train

Wow I remember that only from the primary school
hihihi, uni is one big primary school

Guido
# Posted: 2 Nov 2008 20:25

I should clean my room again. But when I'm finally finished I have to start all over again. As it takes a lot of time for me.
Haha. That's life Esther.

Esther
# Posted: 2 Nov 2008 21:25

Guido
I know clean up and start all over again.

Esther
# Posted: 2 Nov 2008 21:39

Hmm I was thinking of visiting Ukrain next summer. But I want to be there when Ruslana has to perform, like at the slovyanskiy bazar concert. But is that concert always at the beginning of august?

Carolus
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 00:41

Hmm I was thinking of visiting Ukrain next summer. But I want to be there when Ruslana has to perform, like at the slovyanskiy bazar concert. But is that concert always at the beginning of august?

That concert is not Ukraine, it's in Belarus. But, you can follow the schedule, 'cause in most cases you can see important Ruslana events 2-3 month in advance

wespecz
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 08:41 - Edited by: wespecz

Esther
The latest Slovyanskiy bazar (songs which are not yet on Tube) will come on RuslanaTube in the following days.

Esther
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 10:38

Carolus
Haha yes I know. But for me as a working person I can't skip work like that and well as everyone else I need to save money for that. Oh and I like to plan things in advance:P Especially when flight tickets are needed.

wespecz
I know they will.

wespecz
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 11:10

Esther
As well as school vs. things you really wish to do. Well but if you're got used to travelling then good luck if you will have the opportunity sometimes.

Esther
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 13:10

wespecz
Thanks. GRRRRR I'm a day off and my room's a mess, as always, and I have to clean it up, as always on my day off. :s maybe it's time I keep my room tidy.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 14:48

Esther
and my room's a mess, as always,
Good luck in finding the camera cable

it's time I keep my room tidy.

Or take more days off??

wespecz
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 16:10

Esther
Thanks. GRRRRR I'm a day off and my room's a mess, as always, and I have to clean it up, as always on my day off. :s maybe it's time I keep my room tidy.
As mine. *japo* I wish you that it won't take you too much time and that you will enjoy wild Ruslanning with us as long as possible. If I were you I would leave duties to the work days.

But cleanness must be done.

To all:
Are you looking forward to the winter?

Esther
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 16:14

wespecz
But cleanness must be done.
I know I know and I'm finished so I finally can do something else:P But well I did a lot in between cleaning.

YES!!! I really want it to be minus 7 or even colder. I want to go iceskating!!!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 16:25

wespecz

I lllove winter and snow and white and Christmas and everything from November till the end of January

wespecz
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 16:51 - Edited by: wespecz

Esther
I know I know and I'm finished so I finally can do something else:P But well I did a lot in between cleaning.
Great that you're multitasking! You find more time for yourself, then. When you manage to do many things in one.

YES!!! I really want it to be minus 7 or even colder. I want to go iceskating!!!
Great, it's your big hobby?
I want to tide the snow, I miss it. I like when it's sunny but I really don't miss wind or snowing at the time when it's necessary to go to the bus.

nikoleta_rangelova
I lllove winter and snow and white and Christmas and everything from November till the end of January
Yes this is wonderful! Especially last years when winters were usually without any snow. It's more and more rare view.

Guido
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 20:08

I want to go iceskating!!!

I want to go Langlaufen. I'm very famous in my village Molenstede for that.Every year I won. Only because I was the only one of course.
It's years ago. Last time I did the tour twice. Then visited the pub and when I left it there was no snow anymore
Not that I spend that much time there ... But belgian weather is very unpredictable.

so I finally can do something else
Don't forget me Wild sister.

Especially last years when winters were usually without any snow
Better a year without snow then a year without meeting Ruslana.
2 months left

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 20:16 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Every year I won. Only because I was the only one of course.
It's years ago. Last time I did the tour twice. Then visited the pub and when I left it there was no snow anymore

=(can this be a respond)=

Guido
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 20:26

=(can this be a respond)=
?
I would have added something like unpredictable as (Belgian) weather. But since belgian weather is so unpredictable it becomes predictable ...

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 20:33

But since belgian weather is so unpredictable it becomes predictable ...

No google, I know.

I just laughed at how unpredictable your weather was... but it was predictable that I would laugh at its unpredictability, especially when it is no longer such.

Guido
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 20:45

but it was predictable that I would laugh at its unpredictability
It was. But people in my village stil laugh when they remember me walking home with my Langlauf skis on my shoulders.

Esther
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 21:04

wespecz
I want to tide the snow, I miss it.
I didn't get that sentance but I think I get it now. You want to clear the roads.

Guido
But belgian weather is very unpredictable
I know it's nearly as unpredictable as Irish wheater.

Don't forget me Wild sister.
I won't. Set a meeting in january? I know that's a long time but I'm full booked till the end of this year.

Better a year without snow then a year without meeting Ruslana.
2 months left

Almost 19 months ago when we last saw Ruslana
That is 567 Days
13608 Hours
816480 Minutes
48988800 Seconds

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 27 . 28 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 119 [1 Nov 2017 17:04]

These forums are running on online community script miniBB™ © 2001-2018 admin | Ruslana. Official site