cora
# Posted: 4 Jan 2009 16:26

Watch these films:
The Meatrix
Devour the Earth - Narrated by Paul McCartney

axur
# Posted: 4 Jan 2009 16:52

cora

really interesting and important info!!!

thanks a lot!!!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Jan 2009 16:59

cora
Yes, thanks.

Devour the Earth - Narrated by Paul McCartney
And the one to which this one is a response? I won't link it, though.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 6 Jan 2009 17:13

Anybody who likes soya and soya products? Me-no. Or it must be cooked with many spices Although I have the impression vegetarians are often associated with soya, no matter how funny this may sound

axur
# Posted: 6 Jan 2009 17:31

nikoleta_rangelova

Anybody who likes soya and soya products?

hehehe what a funny question!!!

i like soya products.... specially soya milk and there are some special products that i like!!!!

I have the impression vegetarians are often associated with soya

yes it's true.... here as soon as you mention you are veg people at once think about soya and mushrooms

wespecz
# Posted: 6 Jan 2009 18:10

nikoleta_rangelova
Anybody who likes soya and soya products?
I think I've never ate some classic meals from soya so far but I like the "soya knut" Yummy, it have the same taste as marchpane but it's much cheaper.

suk

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 6 Jan 2009 19:13 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

wespecz
I think I've never ate some classic meals from soya so far
Neither have I, may be, haha.
What I've tried are some pieces made of soya, packed and ready to cook. They must be cooked. And... something like baked soya, the grains only, with salt. Not the best choice again:F

but I like the "soya knut"
This should be different, haha

axur
specially soya milk
Never tried. Is it.............white?! Really, I haven't seen such And does it taste like milk, or does it have something that tastes not like milk? If you had two glasses of milk and soya milk without knowing which is which, would you recognize them by their taste?

people at once think about soya and mushrooms
Mushrooms?! HahA!

flipsty
# Posted: 6 Jan 2009 19:26

Why Soy (A.K.A. soya) Is NOT a Health Food :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjZs0DGW1Jk

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 6 Jan 2009 19:45 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

flipsty
OhO, thanksInteresting. Well, I really do not overuse it, if it can be said that I use it at all

But what, as far as I understood it is only one certain type that is unhealthy. Or treated/not treated in certain way.

But, I guess, also for nearly every other sort of food we can find at least two professors with contradictory theses, "fighthing for dominance."

flipsty
# Posted: 6 Jan 2009 20:37

nikoleta_rangelova
Well, I really do not overuse it
Unfortunately, I do. Soy, high fructose corn syrup and MSG are in all of the processed foods that the majority eats, healthy eating isn't affordable.

But what, as far as I understood it is only one certain type that is unhealthy.
Fermented. Asians traditionally eat their soy fermented.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 6 Jan 2009 20:53

flipsty
healthy eating isn't affordable.
It is. Only nobody does it

are in all of the processed foods that the majority eats
But you are able to not be the majority if you wish

Fermented.
Thanks

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 6 Jan 2009 21:18

And... some jokesWe've got sense of humour, right? Some are a bit darker, haha, and some are a bit old may be.

"If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?"

"Save a cow, eat a vegetarian."

I'd be happy to go on a vegetarian diet if I could only get one in my freezer.

How many vegans does it take to change a lightbulb?
None, vegans can't change anything.

[i]How many meat eaters does it take to change a lightbulb?
None, they would rather stay in the dark about things.

axur
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 05:41

nikoleta_rangelova

Never tried. Is it.............white?! Really, I haven't seen such And does it taste like milk, or does it have something that tastes not like milk? If you had two glasses of milk and soya milk without knowing which is which, would you recognize them by their taste?

hehe!!! yes it's white but there are some with a light brownish color!!!! and i little thicker than the cow milk

well yes the taste is different you can easily recognize it!!!

now a can drink cow milk. i'am used only to soy milk and i like it.... even if i dont drink it everyday!!!

cora
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 07:23

flipsty
Why Soy (A.K.A. soya) Is NOT a Health Food

I have eaten lots of soy products in the past 25 years and have not noticed any detrimal effects. On the contrary, I am very healthy.

Genetically modified (GM) soy is largely produced to feed chicken, pigs, cattle and other animals. Meateaters eat flesh of animals which have been fed with GM products all their lives.

In the EU GM products for human consumption have to be labelled, so people can choose, if they want to buy this or not. Soy products for human consumption are not made of GM soy, simply because people wouldn't buy them - at least in Germany and probably in all other West European countries.

wespecz
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 09:23 - Edited by: wespecz

cora
I have eaten lots of soy products in the past 25 years and have not noticed any detrimal effects. On the contrary, I am very healthy.
Yes, I think that if we may not eat things only because of that somebody again found that there is something harmful in them, then we may eat only expensive bio products or bread with water like condemned persons in the Middle Ages.

axur
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 09:45

for what i've learn about soy is completly different from what this video says!!! so who must i believe???

during the seminars i followed many doctors said that soy is advised and that it's better source of protein than meat!!!

i didn't understand all this guy said btw!!!

flipsty
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 16:58 - Edited by: flipsty

Over 90% of our soy is GMO, and they put it in everything. The GMO soy industry is huge. In the 50's 3 in 33 died of cancer in the USA, now it's 1 in 3, and breast cancer's the most common for women, the kind linked with soy.

How can you so easily dismiss these finding on soy? Because the U.S. FDA says it's alright? It should be obvious by now, the government of the USA only cares about big businesses.

The USDA is the biggest sponsor of soy research, why should we trust the American government? They're about the most unworthy people of trust I can think of. Scientists have to go along with any junk science that will help big businesses.

nikoleta_rangelova

Non-GMO foods cost 4-5 times as much as GMO, how can you say they're affordable?

cora
Soy products for human consumption are not made of GM soy
I live in an entirely different country. Nobody knows anything about any genetically modified organisms, plus the FDA says they're perfectly safe.

I've read that sodium fluoride has been been banned in most European countries, it's still in our water. But now I'm getting off-topic, again.

flipsty
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 17:09

I'm sorry. I just want to show that I have reason for wanting to avoid soy.

cora
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 19:13

flipsty
The GMO soy industry is huge.

Yes indeed it is huge, powerful and corrupt. But why is it so huge? Not because of the handfull of people eating soy products. It's so big because of the meat industry! Soy products are nowadays the most common food stuff for "farm" animals.

If there were less people eating meat, there would be less "farm" animals, less food for farm animals and the GM soy industry would be less powerful.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 19:22 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

flipsty
Non-GMO foods cost 4-5 times as much as GMO, how can you say they're affordable?
Sorry, may be my mistake, may be in smaller countries this industry is not that big. Moreover, I was and may be still am well provided with some foods by my grandmother's garden

By the way, you can easily distinguish between GMO and Non Gmo fruit, for example. The NON GMO simply don't usually look THAT perfect. And we've used to call the GmO ones, that "look perfect", "imported"(from abroad), haha. Simply it is rather rarely that only one apple may reach 400-500 gr. without any intervention. But I guess "normal, ugly" apples may not be sold at all in bigger markets.

flipsty
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 20:21

nikoleta_rangelova
By the way, you can easily distinguish between GMO and Non Gmo fruit
I know.

And we've used to call the GmO ones, that "look perfect", "imported"
I think people here care more about pretty.

My Pops (father) comes from a farming family (plants, not animals), Grandpa was raised on a farm. I would like to grow some heirloom fruits (tomatoes) and vegetables.

They always say the best watermelons (and tomatoes) in the world are grown in Oklahoma.

cora
Not because of the handfull of people eating soy products.

Like I said, it's not a handful. Everybody who eats Wonder bread, bar of chocolate, cake, hot cocoa etc., eats GMO soy.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 8 Jan 2009 04:44

flipsty
My Pops (father) comes from a farming family (plants, not animals), Grandpa was raised on a farm.
Interesting

I would like to grow some heirloom fruits (tomatoes) and vegetables.
Great You have a yard, don't you? May be start from there? Or may be you have started?

wespecz
# Posted: 11 Jan 2009 17:57

Today I had pasta salad for dinner. I love it and it suits to this topic. Anybody other like it?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 11 Jan 2009 18:20 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

wespecz
I like spaghetti And many other like pasta.. and we have some BG things like these- kus-kus, yufka(yufka comes from Turkey may be ) They taste in the same way almost, but the shapes are different Also macaroni (not BG, of course, Italian)

= and a short walk around wiki shows that the kus kus is known in many other countries but with different names.
And the photos in wiki show it as savoury, while the typical kus kus we have here is sweet (sweet when we add sugar and milk [OmG I'm not good for a cook, can't explain])

flipsty
# Posted: 11 Jan 2009 18:26

I don't like noodle salad at all, the dressing ruins it for me.

nikoleta_rangelova
kus-kus
Couscous is a North African Berber dish.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 11 Jan 2009 18:34

flipsty
the dressing ruins it for me.
What is usually the dressing?

I like it simpler- only little cheese and may be lyutenitsa-something like ketchup, but hotter

flipsty
# Posted: 11 Jan 2009 18:41

nikoleta_rangelova
What is usually the dressing?
I think they usually put some sort of vinaigrette in it.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 11 Jan 2009 18:55 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

Some BG meals I like:

Peppers stuffed with rice Only, don't know what is that white dressing, it's not typical, it's some restaurant's "decoration".

Sarmi (cabbage leaves stuffed with rice)

Shopska Salad- tomatoes, cucumber and cheese- may be the most consumed salad here, named after the regional variety of culture and language of Sofia, knowm also as Shopski region

Gyuvech (turkish name again), named after the dish in which it is cooked-potatoes, rice, peppers, tomatoes, aubergine, green bean

Tarator - the so called "cold soup"(yoghurt, water, cucumber, dill, garlic, vegetable oil, salt)

Mlechna salata (milk salad(more correct it would be- yoghurt salad)- same as tarator, only without water)

flipsty
# Posted: 11 Jan 2009 20:50

nikoleta_rangelova
Ψξορκΰ ρΰλΰςΰ has peppers in it, doesn't it? Are they hot or sweet peppers?

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 3; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on open source forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site