Vegetarianism & Veganism (3)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Off-Topic / Vegetarianism & Veganism
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 11 Jan 2009 21:12 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

flipsty
Ψξορκΰ ρΰλΰςΰ has peppers in it, doesn't it?
Not always Depend's on your taste Are they hot or sweet peppers?
Again depends on you If it's for me- hot, please

==Oh, and onion But many people don't like it, although it makes the salsd much better

wespecz
# Posted: 11 Jan 2009 23:45 - Edited by: wespecz

nikoleta_rangelova
Great pictures.

I like spaghetti And many other like pasta.. and we have some BG things like these- kus-kus, yufka(yufka comes from Turkey may be )
Spaghetti, yes, they're great! But they must not be too thin.

It has nothing to do with kuskus but you have reminded me aloe vera. I remember as when I have worked in the supermarket as a student's part time job there is a lot of this product. Is there anyone who eat it? I've never tried it so far.

flipsty
Are they hot or sweet peppers?
Maybe Red Hot Chilli Peppers?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 12 Jan 2009 07:39

wespecz
you have reminded me aloe vera
Is there anyone who eat it? I've never tried it so far.
Neither have I I know it only like something used in cosmetics.

TheGame
# Posted: 12 Jan 2009 07:48

Just read coras fact post. And its full of incorrect information. Meat IS protein. All meat basically consists of is protein. And meat is only "fatty" if you choose to cook it with oils for example. Chickenfilet for example is 60% protein and 29% water and 1% fat.

Props for vegetarians. But for such a diet to work you'll need supplements so your body gets what it needs. Proteinpowder for example.

TheGame
# Posted: 12 Jan 2009 07:55

Another argument against it is the really low calorieintake each day. For the body to work it needs fuel (calories). Which is only possible with consumtion of protein, carbohydrates and fats. Eating only vegetables causes a lack of calories in your body which can result of one of your organs collapsing one day. Not to mention you will drop weight like crazy, which also isn't healthy.

Your body needs !for example! 1800calories a day just to make your body function. Which means you can eat 1800 calories and NOTHING will happen all of these calories will be used to the body during the day. You'll need additional calories for your muscles, brain etc.

As its hard to acheive this on a vegetarian diet i think its unhealthy. But like i said, there is supplements for this problem

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 12 Jan 2009 08:09 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

TheGame
Eating only vegetables causes a lack of calories
But I hope by "vegetables" you don't understand only those watery ones-cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes, for example There are many many other that provide everything you need: potatoes, beans, wheat(bread), rice, nuts, peas, lentils, seeds (sunflower, pumpkin).... there are so many. And animal protein is not the only existing protein

As its hard to acheive this on a vegetarian diet i think its unhealthy.
And especially a vegetarian diet is "full of" protein and fats(dairy products, eggs) depending on what you eat of course. And especially the discussed above soy products.

You'll need additional calories for your muscles, brain etc
I don't intend to become a bodybuilder, but I find my muscles and brain perfectly ok And, by the way, I have read about bodybuilders vegetarians, who do not eat meat but are able to gain muscle mass.

By your post I assume you have tried to be on a vegetarian diet?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 12 Jan 2009 22:10 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

And of course corn and corn flour, I missed to mention in the several previous posts

kachamak-(corn flour- boiled and with or without cheese). I have seen it somewhere in photos by Ukrainans, and it is popular in Romania also, I think:
yummy

TheGame
# Posted: 13 Jan 2009 08:17 - Edited by: TheGame

And especially a vegetarian diet is "full of" protein and fats(dairy products, eggs)

Was thinking more out of a vegan diet.

And this has nothing to do with bodybuilding, but yes. They are able to grow without consuming meat. But like i said in my previous post there are nutrition supplements, which in bodybuilding is pretty much mandatory.

There are many many other that provide everything you need: potatoes, beans, wheat(bread), rice, nuts, peas, lentils, seeds (sunflower,

Potatoes and bread i agree on. But the rest of the list are pretty low on energy. You would need to eat an extreme amount of seeds (f.e) to satisfy your body. But of course nobodies metabolism is the same. Im not saying its impossible to take care of the body on a vegetarian/vegan diet. But it is hard. I wouldn't have the time.

By your post I assume you have tried to be on a vegetarian diet?

No i have not. But i dont need to try it to know most people would not eat enough calories in one. But if you do congrats

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 13 Jan 2009 08:58 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

TheGame
You would need to eat an extreme amount of seeds (f.e) to satisfy your body.
Of course, but nobody says that one must eat only one type of food And especially sunflower seeds are not low in energy at all, since oil is made of them. They are small in size, but try to smash one with your fingers between two sheets of paper. What it leaves on the paper is mostly vegetable fat. And they contain a lot of protein

But like i said in my previous post there are nutrition supplements, which in bodybuilding is pretty much mandatory.
Yes, for professional sportsmen, probably.

axur
# Posted: 14 Jan 2009 13:11

nikoleta_rangelova

And of course corn and corn flour, I missed to mention in the several previous posts

kachamak-(corn flour- boiled and with or without cheese).

never try such but it seems great!!!

any typical veg food in your country???

here there are a lot in the Indian resto where you can order a variety of vegetarian meal

here is one: very spicy and very good!!!

another one with a variety of stuff:

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 14 Jan 2009 13:57

axur
any typical veg food in your country???
There are indeed many, many delicious courses without meat

here is one: very spicy and very good!!!
what is this?

axur
# Posted: 14 Jan 2009 14:44

nikoleta_rangelova

what is this?

im not sure but it must be potatoes with curry (a spicy sauce) which make it has such a color

curry is many spices which are mixed together to make a powder/sauce

Curry is hot like chili sometime more!!!

flipsty
# Posted: 14 Jan 2009 18:43

axur
That looks tasty. I like Matar Paneer, peas and Indian cheese.

axur
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 06:56

flipsty

hehe!!! yes i know Matar Paneer but i dont really like it because i dont like cheese very much

Do you Breadfruit?? it's healthy and better to eat than other vegetarian dishes and soy

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 09:21

axur
Do you Breadfruit??
I've only read about it in adventure books Thanks for the link

flipsty
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 17:33

There's Aloo Matar, the same dish with potatoes instead of cheese.

axur
Do you Breadfruit??
I've never had it, but have heard of it.

axur
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 17:45

nikoleta_rangelova
flipsty

Breadfruit has a very particular taste, the texture is like boiled potatoes but the taste is different indeed!!!

i have a breadfruit tree in my garden so it's a usual thing for me!!!! it's sooo good that i never have enough of it!!!

flipsty

There's Aloo Matar, the same dish with potatoes instead of cheese

ohhh never heard of that!!! you're expert in Indean food???

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 17:52

axur
have a breadfruit tree in my garden so it's a usual thing for me!!!!
You have also a cocnut tree if I remember right

axur
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 18:06 - Edited by: axur

nikoleta_rangelova
You have also a cocnut tree if I remember right

hehe!!! yes i have many trees in my garden

i have also fruits.... when i have nothing to eat (i mean when there's no veg food at home) i still have fruits.... but this happen rarely!!!

you know Mango?? i have also Litchee

the two best tropical fruits!!!

have you even eated cooked fruits?? like cooked apples?

flipsty
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 18:10

axur
i have a breadfruit tree in my garden
That's neat! And a coconut tree too?

Well, I should check our local Asian store for breadfruit, they have all kinds of tropical fruits from around the world.

you're expert in Indean food???
No, I've only had 3 Indian dishes, the third on is Chatpate Chole - chickpeas.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 18:28

axur
you know Mango??
Haha, only from books again From the more exotic tropical fruit I've met face in face only avocado (quite liked it), coconuts, papaya (didn't like it) and may this is all I think Except oranges, bananas, which are common, of course

have you even eated cooked fruits?? like cooked apples?
Uhhhh, no Well, may be yes- roasted apples Or boiled pumpkin.. only as desserts. Oh, and fried banana once, in a Chinese restaurant, but it was with eggs, and it wasn't a dessert and I will never make the same mistake again.

axur
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 18:38

flipsty
And a coconut tree too?

yes i have a very big coconut tree

Well, I should check our local Asian store for breadfruit, they have all kinds of tropical fruits from around the world.

you will like like or maybe not!!!

the third on is Chatpate Chole - chickpeas.

oh this one i know, it's one of my fav Indean dish!!!

nikoleta_rangelova
Haha, only from books again From the more exotic tropical fruit I've met face in face only avocado (quite liked it), coconuts, papaya (didn't like it)

ohhh to bad!!! it's sooo good!!!

i dont like papaya a lot also but it's very good for health and better for vegetarians!!! (i heard that)

Well, may be yes- roasted apples Or boiled pumpkin.. only as desserts. Oh, and fried banana once, in a Chinese restaurant, but it was with eggs, and it wasn't a dessert and I will never make the same mistake again.

oh that's nice i ate cooked papaya once!!! and fried banana also!!! it's nice

flipsty
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 18:40

I don't care for mangoes, but they're not uncommon here, even though they don't grow here.

nikoleta_rangelova
avocado (quite liked it)
Ahuacatl is exotic in Bulgaria? They're native to Mexico, so we get plenty of them out of California and Mexico. I've only eaten them in Guacamole and hated it, so I've never felt like trying one by it's self.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 18:56

flipsty

Ahuacatl

Is this another name for Avocado? Well,,,, I think it is exotic, I haven't seen it here, in the market, I mean. When I tried it, I even wasn't in BG.

flipsty
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 19:03

nikoleta_rangelova
Is this another name for Avocado?
Ahuacatl is the native Mexican word the Spanish got 'avocado' from.

Well, pecans are exotic in Europe.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 19:07

flipsty
Ahuacatl is the native Mexican word
Aha, thanks

Well, pecans are exotic in Europe.
Mmmm, yes At least I had never heard of such nuts before

Spacytoon
# Posted: 16 Jan 2009 17:56

nikoleta_rangelova
what i may say from your posts is that BG and Ukr cuisine is very similar..
i like this
and i hope to become vegetarian one day- now i can eat only little chicken,sometimes. and fish .
also vegetarian dishes are very tasty!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 16 Jan 2009 20:47

Spacytoon
what i may say from your posts is that BG and Ukr cuisine is very similar..
Haha, may be some day we'll have the chance to compare them ourselves

and i hope to become vegetarian one day-
Oh, it's really not that different like may be many think

also vegetarian dishes are very tasty!
Yes, it is not necessary for a dish to contain meat in order to be delicious

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 21 Feb 2009 14:47

I wonder, what percantage of the world population are vegetarian/vegan? I searched in google, but the first links are always only for certain counries, not total. I'm just curious

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 21 Feb 2009 14:56

I am not vegetarian, but I don't practically don't eat meat, sausages. I hate hunting, as I could understand it long ago, when people din't have what to eat and now go to the store.....you will find everything. Now hunting is like hobby
nikoleta_rangelova
I know there are many vegetarians in Swistzeland, (sorry for wrong spelling).

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on simple bulletin board miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site