Vegetarianism & Veganism (4)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Off-Topic / Vegetarianism & Veganism
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
cora
# Posted: 21 Feb 2009 16:39

nikoleta_rangelova
I wonder, what percantage of the world population are vegetarian/vegan?

It is estimated that 1.5 - 2.5% of the world population is vegetarian.

The highest percentage of vegetarians exists in India. Estimates are from 15 - 40%. It has religious reasons. Many Hindi and Buddhists are vegetarians.

For Germany there are different survey available which give figures between 2 - 10% of the population. UK is also a country with high numbers of vegetarians (around 10%). Surveys in the USA: 1.6 - 8.2%.

Source: wwww.wikipedia.de

cora
# Posted: 21 Feb 2009 16:55

TheGame

But i dont need to try it to know most people would not eat enough calories in one. But it is hard. I wouldn't have the time.

It's not hard at all. On the contrary I I constantly have to watch that I won't put on too much weight - although I am a vegan.

A ballanced vegetarian or vegan diet is healthy and also very suitable for high performance sports. Tennis star Martina Navratilova for example is vegetarian.

And would you believe, bodybuilding world champion 2006 Alexander Dargartz is vegan. He is also a medical doctor and knows what he is doing. Of course he doesn't take any artificial supplements. It is all based on healthy food and much training.

In this (German) TV reportage you can see, what he looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suFVfQw5Fw4

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 21 Feb 2009 17:23

cora
It is estimated that 1.5 - 2.5% of the world population is vegetarian.

Thank you.

I found somewhere the idea that, when estimating this, we should agree on whether or not to count people who are vegetarian or vegan not by their own choice, but who are forced to resort to such a diet due to famine, for example.

The highest percentage of vegetarians exists in India. Estimates are from 15 - 40%
Yes, I've seen it even up tp 42%

Guido
# Posted: 21 Feb 2009 17:46

not by their own choice
Remembers me of Holodomor. They didn't have any choice either. It was worse then India.

cora
# Posted: 21 Feb 2009 19:32

nikoleta_rangelova
not by their own choice

I don't think that those are counted.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 5 May 2009 15:39

I was wonderign, are there any special vegetarian shops in your countries, or at leats "sections" in the bid stores, that are labelled "vegetarian" or sth like that. Here I haven't encountered anything like this (yet) and not espcilally in my city. What I've found so far are only some several shelves, for example, labelled "Dietary&Diabetic foods" and that's all. But I don't mean foods in the sense of "less/no sugar" or some such substitutes, etc. Just "normal" things, which you can buy without (especially for vegans) bothering to read the label to check if there is milk, eggs, etc. And are there many such stores, or are they, say, one shop in a city?

flipsty
# Posted: 5 May 2009 15:58 - Edited by: flipsty

We don't have any stores catering to vegans only, but the health food stores usually have a large selection of vegan products (more than the regular stores).

P.S.: I just realized I didn't say "shops," sorry. The shop is where they work on cars in American English.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 5 May 2009 16:20

flipsty
The shop is where they work on cars in American English.
Hm, well, it must be a completely vegan place, anyway

We don't have any stores catering to vegans only, but the health food stores usually have a large selection of vegan products

Okay, thanks But those health stores sell meat as well?

flipsty
# Posted: 5 May 2009 16:37 - Edited by: flipsty

Akin's (biggest health store in Oklahoma) has fish, I don't know if they have anything else. I have no idea what the other stores have, I've never been inside.

Some folks consider it vegetarian to eat fish. I don't get it, are they similar to people in a vegetative state?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 5 May 2009 17:08

flipsty
Akin's (biggest health store in Oklahoma) has fish,
Aha, thanks

Some folks consider it vegetarian to eat fish. I don't get it
I don't get it either

But if it is accepted that fish-eaters, but non-meat eaters are also some sort of vegetarian, may be these health stores are some sort of vegetarian stores, haha

Guido
# Posted: 5 May 2009 19:04

I like veganist woman. They will not eat me, not even when they're very hungry. :-)

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 5 May 2009 19:22

Guido
even when they're very hungry

But who knows when they are very VERY hungry

Guido
# Posted: 5 May 2009 19:33

You better find someone else Niki. Even after eating 5 Guidos you stil will be hungry. Ask the people I met.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 5 May 2009 19:37

Guido
Even after eating 5 Guidos you stil will be hungry.

I don't need much, haha Offtopic??

Ask the people I met.

? Or ?

Guido
# Posted: 5 May 2009 19:40

Ask the people I met.
Or all the other ones.

cora
# Posted: 6 May 2009 06:25

nikoleta_rangelova
I was wonderign, are there any special vegetarian shops in your countries, or at leats "sections" in the bid stores, that are labelled "vegetarian" or sth like that.

Vegetarian food is meanwhile widely spread in Germany. Most superstores have a section for "organic" food which often also includes vegetarian burgers, sausages etc. And there are lots of health food shops with a variety of vegetarian food. Vegan food is not as widely spread as vegetarian food.

This is something that has developed over the past decades. Some 20 years ago it wasn't like this.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 6 May 2009 07:07

cora
This is something that has developed over the past decades. Some 20 years ago it wasn't like this.

Thanks. So it is still "processing" everywhere, haha

axur
# Posted: 6 May 2009 16:39

nikoleta_rangelova
vegetarian shops in your countries

nope! it is very difficult to find vege food here!! i mean... in supermarket you still have a lot of soja products! but thats all!!

amm but maybe there are but never find vege shop in my country!!!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 6 May 2009 16:57

axur
it is very difficult to find vege food here!!

Hm... I don't find it difficult at all, actually. Simply everything else that is not meat is great I was just interested if there were any such specialized shops, but otherwise it's not difficult at all to find what you need.

amm but maybe there are but never find vege shop in my country!!!
Hm, it seems vege-shops do not exist almost anywhere yet (only in my fantasy, haha) I should open one such shop some day

Actually, what part of the stock of a normal shop would meat make? May be it depends whether I consider "variety" or "quantity". But it should be much less either way. If we put all meat products on the left and the rest on the right... hm. The right heap must be bigger And yet people wonder how it is possible to exclude meat and what else then we could eat, haha Meat is only one tiny part from what we can choose from

axur
# Posted: 6 May 2009 17:05

nikoleta_rangelova

here few people are vegetarian!!! and eating meat is a must!!!!

I should open one such shop some day

hehehe good idea.... good luck in it!!!! i should come to Bulgaria to help you in this!!!

cora
# Posted: 8 May 2009 06:31

nikoleta_rangelova
I should open one such shop some day

Great idea!

The right heap must be bigger And yet people wonder how it is possible to exclude meat and what else then we could eat,

Indeed. It is a silly argument.

axur
hehehe good idea.... good luck in it!!!! i should come to Bulgaria to help you in this!!!

First you've got to open one in your country!

cora
# Posted: 8 May 2009 06:33

Here is a very useful website where you can look up vegetarian restaurants and health food shops all over the world: www.happycow.net

It even lists two restaurants in Mauritius.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 8 May 2009 06:57

www.happycow.net

Interesting site Funny name

wespecz
# Posted: 8 May 2009 10:31 - Edited by: wespecz

cora
Here is a very useful website where you can look up vegetarian restaurants and health food shops all over the world: www.happycow.net
That's very cool, it works. It has found one even in my regional city. www.zeleninovybar.cz

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 15 May 2009 17:11

What would you choose right now...:D ?

Musli, pasta, peas, or just an apple?:D

flipsty
# Posted: 15 May 2009 17:21

I would go with the pasta, I love noodles.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 15 May 2009 17:53

flipsty
Hm.... ok thanks for the help

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 Aug 2009 10:12

Hop, since some months now I've had the idea of making a youtube channel and proving the opposite of what I read and hear so often: that vegetarians can't work out, can't be strong, can't build muscle mass. Well, I really do not need big muscles, but working out when I have time has always been my hobby and may be the only hobby Ruslaning didn't replace:D So, here we go, my new youtube channel, full of, as Jindra calls them, vegetable muscles, :D:D:D:D:

http://www.youtube.com/uraganotenergiya

I had a similar account before too, but decided to move to a brand new one. Soon more videos will be added:D

Veggies are full of wild energy:D:D

wespecz
# Posted: 26 Aug 2009 13:46

nikoleta_rangelova
Heeeeeeeey, how many Youtube channels do you have? It's amazing how wild you are and how much do you exercise! Go wild!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 Aug 2009 13:55

wespecz
how many Youtube channels do you have?

Haha, only talas1mka's and this one I had one before this second one, but I eliminated it. *killed* :D

Go wild!
Go with me!

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on easy forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site