<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 .
cora
# Posted: 26 Aug 2009 19:29 - Edited by: cora

nikoleta_rangelova
my new youtube channel, full of, as Jindra calls them, vegetable muscles

Cool idea!
Wow, you do really a lot of exercise!

Veggies are full of wild energy:D:D

The other day I saw a TV program about a German woman running the World's toughest ultra marathon: the Marathon de Sables: 250 km through the Sahara desert. The runners even have to carry a rucksack with all their food and a sleeping bag. She is vegetarian!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 Aug 2009 20:13

you do really a lot of exercise!

Only occasionally :D

250 km throught the Sahara desert. The runners even have to carry a rucksack with all their food and a sleeping bag.

This is.... TOUGH!

She is vegetarian!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 28 Aug 2009 17:33

The runners even have to carry a rucksack with all their food

I wonder then... would they take less food in order to be lighter to carry or would they take more food in order to have more.. well, energy :D Or may be they carry mostly energy drinks and high calorie foods, so that it's compact but enough for all the time? And.. does it depend on the runners then, for how long they'll sleep? I.g-more sleep= you'll need to run faster later, less sleep= you gain some time, but you get tired faster?

wespecz
# Posted: 29 Aug 2009 10:33

cora
nikoleta_rangelova
Interresting comparison, indeed. I think that it also matters if you drink more or less. Water or some other kind of drink is quite heavy item if carying a lot of litres. But I'm sure that being vegetarian may help you a lot.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Aug 2009 11:43

wespecz
But I'm sure that being vegetarian may help you a lot.

Yeah, instead of carrying a kilo of sausages, we carry 2 kilos of carrots :D:D

cora
# Posted: 29 Aug 2009 15:32

nikoleta_rangelova
Or may be they carry mostly energy drinks and high calorie foods, so that it's compact but enough for all the time?

The woman whom this reportage was about took special outdoor food with her, light in weight, but high in calories.

And.. does it depend on the runners then, for how long they'll sleep?

They all started in the morning of every day at the same. On every day they had to run a certain distance to the next camp, the longest distance being 91 km. The time of each day run was measured and in the end added to determine the winner. Like at the Tour de France. Tents were provided. They had to carry "only" a mat and a sleeping bag.

wespecz
Water or some other kind of drink is quite heavy item if carying a lot of litres.

Water was provided every 20-30 km or so (can't remember exactly). They carried "only" as much water as they needed in between the water filling stations.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Aug 2009 16:03

On every day they had to run a certain distance to the next camp, the longest distance being 91 km. The time of each day run was measured and in the end added to determine the winner.
Thanks! I tought it might have been something like: This is your distance, the first arrived is the winner, no conditions, no rules.

They carried "only" as much water as they needed in between the water filling stations.
And again, it probably depends on how tough the runners are? More water would probably "hinder" them more, but on the other hand the lack of it is not a less hindrance, haha. It would be great to watch this on TV, I hadn't heard about it before.

TV program about a German woman running the World's toughest ultra marathon:
She is vegetarian!

So it hasn't ended yet? Good luck to her

Guido
# Posted: 29 Aug 2009 17:04

Yeah, instead of carrying a kilo of sausages, we carry 2 kilos of carrots
haha

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 24 Sep 2009 18:58

I got hungry wathing this :D:D

UFO_N
# Posted: 17 Nov 2009 21:09

I don't understand vegetarians ... such a total lack of desire to kill anything (or anyone) ... or may be "total" doesn't always refer to "anyone"...

BigDog
# Posted: 12 Feb 2010 17:15

, ?) =) ? ?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 12 Feb 2010 17:42

BigDog
=)

?

I think she is not....

Guido
# Posted: 12 Feb 2010 17:50

No I don't think so either. But she will not eat half a kilo steak either. Even not with Belgian fries :-)

cora
# Posted: 12 Feb 2010 17:58

BigDog

?

He.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 4; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on light forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site