Not For Sale. New single (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Latest News / Not For Sale. New single
. 1 . 2 . >>
ruslanasite
# Posted: 15 Feb 2008 23:49

Ruslana along with Ricky Martin, Emma Thompson, Julia Ormond participate in the UN forum in Vienna to fight human trafficking. Today the UN forum to fight human trafficking is taking place in Vienna, organized by UNODC (The United Nations Office on Drug and Crimes). The representatives of more than 50 countries are taking part to work out consolidated strategies to fight the modern type of slavery. Among the participants are the First Lady of Ukraine Katerina Yushchenko, the First Lady of Egypt Suzanne Mubarak, Ricky Martin (singer), Ruslana (singer), Hollywood actresses Emma Thompson, Julia Ormond.

«Unfortunately the Ukraine is heading the list of the countries suffering from the human trafficking. And we should use every opportunity to increase public awareness about the threat of the modern slavery and the methods to tackle the problem", - Ruslana said during her speech at the UN forum in Vienna. Yesterday Ruslana hold a speech at the meeting of the world women leaders, where she presented her new single Not for Sale. The song was written by Ruslana and Ego Works (Miami based production/sogwriting team, working for Ruslana) specifically for UN.GIFT (Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking). Ruslana's live performance of Not For Sale, announcing it to be the anthem of UN.GIFT campaign and presentation of her own program for fighting human trafficking in front of the forum participants is expected to be the culmination of the event.

The head of UNODC Antonio Maria Costa, whom Ruslana met on January, 18, 2008 in Vienna, gives a good reference to Ruslana's activity and particularly her social projects in Europe. It was he who offered Ruslana to present her social hit Not For Sale at the forum in February. «Ruslana is quite a volcano: her unconventional drive, wild manners and energetic performance will further raise awareness of UN.GIFT. I am happy to see that a large number of artists have expressed their support for the cause, including Ruslana, Emma Thompson, Julia Ormond and Ricky Martin» - Mr. Costa mentioned at the official site of his organization.

To remind that Ruslana's project Not For Sale started already year 2005 in cooperation with OSCE. In 2006 Ruslana's social teasers with her appeal to the countrymen to beware of the human traffickers were widely broadcasted by the Ukrainian TV channels.

When Not For Sale will be released?

Carolus
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

When Not For Sale will be released?

It's non-commercial single, so it will not be relased for sale imo.

ruslanasite
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 00:07

Carolus

ok. But when we will be able to listen to this song? Do you know?

Carolus
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 00:11

Since it has been performed in Vienna, maybe it will be available for free donwload soon (it is the anthem of the UN.GIFT )

ruslanasite
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 01:08

Carolus

maybe it will be available for free donwload soon

it is the anthem of the UN.GIFT

Great news!

Katherine
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 17:19

http://www.ungift.org/index.php?option=comUNODC_content&task=view&id=815&Itemid=1102

images from the conference, ruslana is shown singing

RuslanaTube
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 17:39 - Edited by: RuslanaTube

ruslanasite
Thanks for providing this interesting information.I hope we get to hear this song soon. Btw, nice looking avatar of yours!

Here is the photos you talk about
edit: ooops they are HUGE!

Not for sale 1

Not for sale 2

Not for sale 3

cora
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 17:40

Katherine
images from the conference, ruslana is shown singing

Great, thanks!

Guido
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 17:51

Ruslana is quite a volcano: her unconventional drive, wild manners and energetic performance will further raise awareness of UN.GIFT.
Another big fan ?
Next eruption is when ? :-)

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 18:05

Guido
soon

RuslanaTube
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 19:04 - Edited by: RuslanaTube

Katherine

sorry I didnt notice before Coras post that it was you who brought on the photos first. Here is another one, look its a new outfit!

Ruslana Vienna

And in my opinion I dont think its so appropiate of Ruslana to show up in such an event in her "stageoutfits" if she is not clearly going to sing in the next second. I mean if she is just in the conference then I thought she would have given a more serious impression if she dressed herself like the ladies around her..... now it looks like she is placed wrong and just came from a motorbikeride...

ruslanasite
# Posted: 17 Feb 2008 13:05

RuslanaTube

Thank you for the photos

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 17 Feb 2008 13:27 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

at the next conference Ruslana might decide to wear something appropriate and in the same time, all other ladies, may decide to wear something more casual to get closer to her wild style(if they liked it), and imagine everything the other way round: Ruslana in an official costume, the ladies in boots, jeans and tatoos

cora
# Posted: 17 Feb 2008 14:38

Ruslanatube
I mean if she is just in the conference then I thought she would have given a more serious impression if she dressed herself like the ladies around her..... now it looks like she is placed wrong and just came from a motorbikeride...

It reminds me of this event, where she took a ride on a racing car.

Katherine
# Posted: 17 Feb 2008 14:49

RuslanaTube
lol its fine!, does anyone know where you ca hear the performance?

Guido
# Posted: 17 Feb 2008 22:38

First : Thanks for the pictures.

soon
Nikoleta : skaze mene

And in my opinion I dont think its so appropiate of Ruslana to show up in such an event in her "stageoutfits"
Lusse : True, but I'm sure the press liked it. And we of course.
More important for me is : 1. that she was invited there 2. what her message was.

Ruslana in an official costume, the ladies in boots, jeans and tatoos
Nikoleta : I like the idea ! How did she get in in these clothes ?

It reminds me of this event, where she took a ride on a racing car. I had the same idea. It was Ramstein ?

cora
# Posted: 17 Feb 2008 22:41

Guido
I had the same idea. It was Ramstein ?

No, Oscherleben.

Guido
# Posted: 17 Feb 2008 22:50

OscherSleben ? I only remember it was too far for me and the "Racelana" joke.

Katherine
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 19:32

http://www.ruslana.ua/podrobno/16_02_08-eng/

Does anyone know where you can see the performance?

cora
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 19:37

Katherine
Does anyone know where you can see the performance?

I doubt that it was recorded at all.

ruslanasite
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 20:57

I saw the pics from the Vienna forum.

It seem that she performed "DANCE WITH THE WOLVES"!!

Katherine
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 20:57

cora
shame it also some other songfs from the album were performed

Esther
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 21:24

Whahahahahahahahaha this topic is about the Not For Sale song:P hahaha when I read the name of the topic I was like HUH a new single which is not for sale that is stupid:P

Guido
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 21:30

hahaha when I read the name of the topic I was like HUH a new single which is not for sale that is stupid:P
I had the same inside joke.

RuslanaTube
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 00:19

Esther
when I read the name of the topic I was like HUH a new single which is not for sale that is stupid:P

Poff!! And I never even thought that far at all - as I knew about the title "not for sale" but now when you mention it I see how weird it looks like!

ruslanasite
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 00:23

RuslanaTube

Yeah. Imagine the following story:

Someone goes to a music related shop and voila! Ruslana's new single there. But the title is "Not For Sale"

RuslanaTube
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 00:53

ruslanasite
Yeah. Imagine the following story

hahaha indeed! But that would be terrible for Ruslana because nobody then buy it - or snatch it

And you and me have too much similuar nicknames. I thought that I saw one line up with posts of myself when I suddenly saw that it was SITE instead of TUBE, lol!!

ruslanasite
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 01:43

RuslanaTube
I thought that I saw one line up with posts of myself when I suddenly saw that it was SITE instead of TUBE, lol!!

wespecz
# Posted: 21 Feb 2008 20:26

I've read some facts about human trafficking in a magazine today. It was really horrible. The title says Human - owner of human. Nowadays There are the most slaves that ever was - maybe 30 milions and price of a strong young man in Africa is about 700 CZK (that's 28 EUR, 208 UAH, 41 USD or 490 RUB). But I think that this number - 30 milions - is only the TOP which is monitored.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 21 Feb 2008 20:52

wespecz
there was a TV series going in Bulgaria for some time about human trafficing in Europe, so I'm almost aware of the conditions of the poor girls and the way the criminals treat them. Yes,"Horrible" is the word.

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 4; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 63 [2 Dec 2019 16:06]

These forums are running on bulletin board script miniBB™ © 2001-2019 admin | Ruslana. Official site