New English album "My Boo" (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Latest News / New English album "My Boo"
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
cora
# Posted: 21 Jan 2013 13:54 - Edited by: cora

On the main site a new flash movie advertises the new English album called "My Boo".

Interesting that it's not called "Euphoria". I think that's good, because people might think that it's just a cover or rip-off of Loreen's Euphoria. Ruslana's was there first, but who knows that.
The photo is not my favourite, though.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 21 Jan 2013 14:51

cora

Very interesting! Thanks!

I love the cover! It's the best photo of Ruslana's new style.

the new English album called "My Boo"

That's so strange cause I saw another flash with the title "This is Euphoria!" before. Anyway, the new title is better!

I'm so curious about the track list!

Correct me if I'm wrong but till now we have this :

* "My Boo"
* "Wow"
* "ShaLaLa"
* "This is Euphoria!"
* "?Come on, Play?" (English version of "Davaj hraj". I'm not sure about the title but I know for sure that they did an English version of it".

What about the rest of the songs? Should we expect only English versions of the Ukrainian songs from the Ey-fori-ya album or completely new songs?

cora
# Posted: 21 Jan 2013 15:30

AlexandruRomania
That's so strange cause I saw another flash with the title "This is Euphoria!" before. Anyway, the new title is better!

They must have changed it, maybe because of the similarity.

Should we expect only English versions of the Ukrainian songs from the Ey-fori-ya album or completely new songs?

My assumption is it will be the English versions of all songs from the Ukrainian album except Kray. Plus maybe the club version of Euphoria. This is what I think, but I don't know.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 21 Jan 2013 15:37

cora

They must have changed it, maybe because of the similarity.

Yes, it's better like this.

My assumption is it will be the English versions of all songs from the Ukrainian album except Kray.

I'm wondering if they will take out "Kray". It's the one of the highlights of the Ukrainian version.

cora
# Posted: 21 Jan 2013 19:22

AlexandruRomania
I'm wondering if they will take out "Kray".

If looking at the back side of the cover as given on the main site, I count 8 songs plus an extra headline (this could be 'bonus tracks') with 1 or 2 more tracks.

flipsty
# Posted: 21 Jan 2013 20:48

Boo is a popular term for 'boyfriend', in the ghetto.

Found an interesting explanation from Urban Dictionary:

boo is a term that is derived from the French word "beau" meaning beautiful. In 18th century England it meant an admirer, usually male. It made it's way into Afro-Caribean language perhaps through the French colonisation of some Caribean islands.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 21 Jan 2013 21:14 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

flipsty

How strange is that. The American rapper Usher has a song called "My Boo" and he's a guy. LOL!

cora

Yes, you are right. There are 8 songs and one bonus track and I think that the bonus track is the Ukrainian song "Kray".

cora
# Posted: 21 Jan 2013 23:50

flipsty

Interesting. Thanks for explaining. I had never heard that term before.

AlexandruRomania
There are 8 songs and one bonus track and I think that the bonus track is the Ukrainian song "Kray".

I think it's the club version of Euphoria

Christiane
# Posted: 22 Jan 2013 21:39

Interesting news, but.....mmmhh....I guess, I have to check my flash player. I can see the cover on the main site, but neither any flash movie nor a tracklist. The cover is good anyway, it matches the english version of the album much better, than the cover of the ukrainian version would do.

cora
# Posted: 23 Jan 2013 15:08

Christiane
I can see the cover on the main site, but neither any flash movie nor a tracklist.

You are right. It's flash, but not a movie. You see the cover from the front and the back. With a magnifier and some fantasy you can count 8 lines on the back side of the cover which is probably the number of tracks. Then there is a head line and another line. Alexandru and I presumed that this is a bonus track.

The cover is good anyway, it matches the english version of the album much better, than the cover of the ukrainian version would do.

I like the design, but not the photo.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 23 Jan 2013 15:53

cora

I think it's the club version of Euphoria

Not sure about this. Let's hope for something good.

Also, I was wondering if the English songs will have the same arrangement as the Ukrainian ones? I remember that Ruslana posted a photo on Facebook in which she was rehearsing in a studio with a band. The description said that she was working on her songs trying to give a new life to them.

Christiane
# Posted: 23 Jan 2013 17:25 - Edited by: Christiane

cora
I like the design, but not the photo.

Which photo would you prefer for the cover? I like the photos, made for the "Wow" video best, so one of them might do well on the cover....or a photo from the "Miy brat" video.

cora
# Posted: 23 Jan 2013 20:20

AlexandruRomania
description said that she was working on her songs trying to give a new life to them.

I have no idea.

Christiane
Which photo would you prefer for the cover?

I liked the Sha-la-la photo session. This was once an announcement on the main site. It would have been a great album/single cover.

By the way I have added a sreenshot to my first post of this topic.

flipsty
# Posted: 23 Jan 2013 22:20

I like the cover -- but I'm not so crazy about the title. I'm wondering if the title track will be R'n'B or Hip-Hop.

AlexandruRomania
The American rapper Usher has a song called "My Boo" and he's a guy. LOL!
Maybe Usher doesn't know the etymology of the word.

cora
Interesting. Thanks for explaining. I had never heard that term before.

You're welcome.

Christiane
# Posted: 23 Jan 2013 23:19

cora
By the way I have added a sreenshot to my first post of this topic.

Yes, I can see that.

flipsty

He´s supposed to know the meaning of this word, since he´s from the USA. But what about Ruslana.....is she aware of the meaning of the English lyrics? Well, she´s not very much into English language, we all know that and she used to have wrong words in the English version of some of her songs before (just thinking of "Heart on fire", just as an example).

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 23 Jan 2013 23:59

flipsty

I'm wondering if the title track will be R'n'B or Hip-Hop.

You mean the song "My boo", right?
It's the English version of the song "Miy brat" from the Ukrainian album. You can listen to an intro of the song here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdWUK2IQuzE

That would be so strange.

Christiane

she used to have wrong words in the English version of some of her songs before (just thinking of "Heart on fire", just as an example).

I'm not sure if Ruslana checks the English lyrics of her songs with an English native speaker. She should do that. I'm a lyricist myself and it's not easy to write English lyrics if you're not a native English speaker. A lot of expressions make a lot of sense in Romanian for me but then when I check them with my Australian friend she always finds something mistaken. It's not easy at all.

flipsty
# Posted: 24 Jan 2013 00:33

Christiane
He´s supposed to know the meaning of this word, since he´s from the USA.
I don't think most people care about etymology. Maybe the word "boo" is more versatile than beau.

But what about Ruslana.....is she aware of the meaning of the English lyrics?
I think she probably picked up the proper jive during her summer in California.

AlexandruRomania
Thank you.

kozi
# Posted: 24 Jan 2013 12:53

i love the front cover, the back cover is not so good anymore. hope it's gonna include a booklet, not like the lat time :/

flipsty

He knows it very well The word boo is not only used 2 a boy but also 2 a girl it's just like my lover or something.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 24 Jan 2013 14:23

flipsty

Thank you

You're welcome.

kozi
i love the front cover, the back cover is not so good anymore

Yes, true. They had so much better photos for the back cover.

cora
# Posted: 24 Jan 2013 19:22

flipsty
I'm wondering if the title track will be R'n'B or Hip-Hop.

Why do you think that it will be different from the Ukrainian version? I think it will be the same, just sung in English.

I think she probably picked up the proper jive during her summer in California.

Yes, that's likely. She was in the U.S. for several months recording the album. So I guess that people there must have told her or she picked it up somewhere.

AlexandruRomania
I'm not sure if Ruslana checks the English lyrics of her songs with an English native speaker.

I doubt that.

She should do that.

Yes, that would be good.

kozi
hope it's gonna include a booklet, not like the lat time :/

I hope so too! If there are really only 8 songs on the album (plus one bonus track), there should at least be a booklet.

kozi
# Posted: 1 Mar 2013 14:31

There was this official information about the album more than a mounth ago.... and then it stopped. Nothing new happend. There was just the english version oh Sha La La on YouTube but then it was quick deleted :/ I knew that SOON means like a lot of time in case of Ruslana.

Lena Wild
# Posted: 1 Mar 2013 15:31

I just noticed the flash movie on the main site has changed - there's another picture on the back cover. And what is more, the falsh with the albums in the lower part has changed, too. There's an album Mij Brat (Razom!) instead of EJ-fori-JA and its cover is the same as My Boo's one (except the title, of course). So I looked in the discography section and there is EJ-fori-JA changed into Mij Brat as well, the tracklist is the same. What does it mean? Changing a name and a cover of album after its release is quite confusing

Christiane
# Posted: 1 Mar 2013 16:04

kozi
I knew that SOON means like a lot of time in case of Ruslana.

When Ruslana says "ρκξπξ", it's just the same as if a Spanishman would say "mañana". You never know, what that exactly means.

cora
# Posted: 1 Mar 2013 17:57 - Edited by: cora

kozi
There was this official information about the album more than a mounth ago.... and then it stopped. Nothing new happend.

My gut feeling is that we will have to patient again.

Lena Wild
So I looked in the discography section and there is EJ-fori-JA changed into Mij Brat as well, the tracklist is the same. What does it mean?

That's indeed strange. Maybe th Ukrainian version will be re-released under this new name.

Christiane
When Ruslana says "ρκξπξ", it's just the same as if a Spanishman would say "mañana". You never know, what that exactly means.

Exactly!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 1 Mar 2013 18:25

Lena Wild

Thanks for the info! That's very strange indeed. Anyway, they should have used this cover art for the Ukrainian version of the album in the first place.

cora

Maybe th Ukrainian version will be re-released under this new name.

but why? If they want to re-release an album they should add some brand new tracks, don't you think so?

Maybe it's because they revamped most of the songs. Ruslana posted a photo on her Facebook profile saying that they are "giving a new life to the songs". The first proof was the new version of "Rachmaninov" as it was released for the radio stations.

Anyway, we will see.

cora
# Posted: 1 Mar 2013 22:28

AlexandruRomania
but why? If they want to re-release an album they should add some brand new tracks, don't you think so?

I don't understand it either. Why is the Ey-fori-ya album replaced in the discography as if it has never existed? Weird.

Maybe it's because they revamped most of the songs.

Yes, it seems so. The Ukrainian My Boo could be a revamped version of Ey-fori-ya. But why deny Ey-fori-ya?

Ruslana posted a photo on her Facebook profile saying that they are "giving a new life to the songs".

Really? Where? I don't see it.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 2 Mar 2013 15:42

cora

Really? Where? I don't see it.

This one: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=448211055241110&set=a.106899896038896.10546.10 0001566592304&type=3&theater

Christiane
# Posted: 2 Mar 2013 16:48

AlexandruRomania
This one: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=448211055241110&set=a.106899896038896.10546.10 0001566592304&type=3&theater

I also don't see the photo and when I click on the link above, it gives me the information, that the page is not available.

cora
# Posted: 2 Mar 2013 17:55

Christiane
You have to be logged in.

It's a photo of 16th Dec. 2012.
Online translator:
Today was a busy day.
During rehearsals with musicians resorted to experiment - still impressed

AlexandruRomania[/b]
Ruslana posted a photo on her Facebook profile saying that they are "giving a new life to the songs".

I don't read the caption of the above photo like this. Anyway, we all know that Ruslana likes to create different versions of songs.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 2 Mar 2013 20:23 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

cora

I don't read the caption of the above photo like this. Anyway, we all know that Ruslana likes to create different versions of songs.

It's not about the photo's description. Ruslana posted a status like I said and shortly after this photo came up on Facebook. That's what I remember. I will do some research.

Update

I checked her Facebook profile but some of her posts are not visible anymore on her timeline. I'm quite sure that she posted that status cause I remember very well that I commented on it.

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 76 [11 Oct 2017 11:38]

These forums are running on free forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2017 admin | Ruslana. Official site