# Posted: 2 Mar 2013 21:02 - Edited by: Christiane

cora
You have to be logged in.

I was logged in of course.

It's a photo of 16th Dec. 2012.
Online translator:
Today was a busy day.
During rehearsals with musicians resorted to experiment - still impressed

I´ve seen this photo and the message as well.

AlexandruRomania
I checked her Facebook profile but some of her posts are not visible anymore on her timeline.

Maybe she edited or deleted her message meanwhile. The latest news, Ruslana posted, is a link to a videoclip of TFC. And she writes about Spring, which is not really around the corner here atm

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 2 Mar 2013 21:29

Christiane

Maybe she edited or deleted her message meanwhile.

I'm not sure but what I'm sure 100% is that I read a message like that on her Facebook profile some time ago.

And she writes about Spring, which is not really around the corner here atm

Here it is. Yesterday we had the most beautiful sunny day in Romania in 2013 so far. it should be the same in Ukraine.

cora
# Posted: 2 Mar 2013 22:39

AlexandruRomania
Ruslana posted a status like I said and shortly after this photo came up on Facebook. That's what I remember.

I see.

Christiane
Maybe she edited or deleted her message meanwhile.

Yes.

AlexandruRomania
Here it is.

Spring was also here today. Finally!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 15 May 2013 20:03 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

This is the track list of the English album:

01 - "My Boo!"
02 - "Sha la la"
03 - "Rachmaninov"
04 - "Wow"
05 - "Pop up"
06 - "Yablo4ko"
07 - "Ogo Ogo"
08 - "This is Euphoria"

You can listen to teasers of all the songs on http://www.ruslana.ua/ua/index.php

The best of them seems to be Yablo4ko, closely followed by This is Euphoria.

Guido
# Posted: 15 May 2013 21:27

Alexandru. I'm not interested in teasers. I wait until tomorrow when I can buy the album in the shop :-)

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 15 May 2013 21:56

Guido

tomorrow? are you serious?

kozi
# Posted: 16 May 2013 17:30

After I heard the teasers i must say, i was expecting something more :/ I hate the pronunciation of many songs. I wanna cry afer WOW. What did they do to one of my favourite songs :( all songs sounds like it would by sung by a computer >_> but this just my opinion. I still don't understand why is the song "Davay Gray" called "Ogo Ogo" >_< "Oho Oho" or "Oh-o Oh-o" would soung a lot better. I must say, not a fan of the english versions ¬_¬

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 16 May 2013 17:55 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

kozi

Maybe it's because of the low quality of the sound of these teasers. I remember that I disliked all the demos of the Ukrainian new album, but I changed my mind after listening to the full version of the songs.

Here is my review of the demos:

1. My Boo! - This song sounds better in English. I find it a little awkward with Ukrainian lyrics. I think that they should have decided to make it more up tempo for the English album.

2. Shalala - I love this song so it's very difficult to be objective while reviewing it. I'm not sure if the revamped version is better than the original Ukrainian one as I didn't listen to the full song. Anyway, it's a very nice summer mood song.

3. Rachmaninov - It sounds so much different in English! (in a positive way).

4. Wow - So I guess that this is a cross between the Balkan version of Goran Bregovich and the dance version. It reminds me of Miss Platnum because of the Balkan sounding. But isn't it strange that they used the sample of the Russian opera Ruslan i Ludmila for a Balkan sounding song?

5. Pop Up - I love the chorus! One of the best songs of the album.

6. Yablo4ko - This seems to be the best one on this album. Very nice lyrics. I love it! I really do!

7. Ogo Ogo - Even though I highly doubted that they will be able to translate this into English and to still sound decent, it pleasantly surprised me. It's actually quite good!

8. This is Euphoria - Nothing new here.

Christiane
# Posted: 16 May 2013 20:20

After I listened to the demos, I think, that it would have been better, if Ruslana had kept to the Ukrainian version of the album. Her English hasn´t improved since 2004.....I hardly understood anyything. Well, beside the pronounciation, I was quite surprised about the new version of "Wow" and I don´t get the point, why brass was used in this version. It sounds like some Eastern European folk music and this is quite inappropriate for an English album, I think.

Guido
# Posted: 16 May 2013 21:39

tomorrow?
Alexandru - tomorrow in Ukrainian has a lot of meanings.

I think, that it would have been better, if Ruslana had kept to the Ukrainian version of the album
I allways prefer the Ukrainian version, but thats no news.
Her English hasn´t improved since 2004.....
Her English was quite good when I first met her sept 2005 - ask Esther. But you are right. I saw the interview in Greece. Very understandable - but it used to be better indeed.

flipsty
# Posted: 16 May 2013 23:46

Ha-ha! In "Pop-up" she uses the "kick ass and chew bubblegum" meme.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 17 May 2013 01:28

flipsty

In "Pop-up" she uses the "kick ass and chew bubblegum" meme.

Yeah! I really liked that, but I would have put "I'm a badass" or "I'm a smart ass" instead of "I'm a pop up".

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 17 May 2013 16:53

And I'm surprised by me, but I like the way My Brat sounds in English. Or may be I'm just more used to it than to Ukrainian.

Shalala sounds way too.... robot-ish for some reason or at least it was ripped off a site or sth... just when I used to try to make MP3s from other things, my "music" sounded this way.

I'm not sure if I like Rachmaninov better or not....

If what I hear in the beginning of WoW is a trumpet & that other huge thing, whose name I keep forgetting, that's a.... WOW, lol The Easternish background sounding is cool, but I think it doesn't fit the lyrics much.. if they could make some kind of a remix, I'd totally love it :D

I forgot the title of the next song, lol. The one with the "pop-up". But I like it better in Ukrainian.

Yabluchko sounds nice, but I liked in UA, too...

I've always liked Go, Go, so as long as they keep the melody more or less the same, I don't care much about the rest.. Same with Euphoria.

Guido
# Posted: 17 May 2013 21:09

I don't like Go,Go. When I last met her - not so long ago - it was this century :-) I wanted to sing : Don't go, Don't go :-)

But serious know : We all know who has birthday next Friday. No one an original idea ?
I had one but it's not ok : drink 40 Vodkas.

Send her 40 new 5 euros with EBRO on it ?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 17 May 2013 23:41

Do the last two tracks / remix & remake/ not work for me only or they're just not there?
The rating idea is cool, though.

Christiane
# Posted: 18 May 2013 00:29 - Edited by: Christiane

Guido
Her English was quite good when I first met her sept 2005 - ask Esther. But you are right. I saw the interview in Greece. Very understandable - but it used to be better indeed.

Of course, her English has improved since 2005 and she does quite well in English interviews now and is able to express herself much better now. It´s rather her hard Ukrainian accent, which you notice even more, when she sings.

Guido
# Posted: 18 May 2013 15:55

It´s rather her hard Ukrainian accent, which you notice even more, when she sings.
Perhaps I like that.

Christiane
# Posted: 18 May 2013 15:59

Guido
Perhaps I like that.

It's OK, when she talks, but it sounds a bit strange, when she sings. But I like, when she says something in German.....charming

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 18 May 2013 18:20

omg i'm in love with these new (english) versions :D

Guido
# Posted: 18 May 2013 19:41

http://www.gva.be/tv-gids/een/vandaag/12-points
with ...

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 18 May 2013 19:50

Guido

http://www.gva.be/tv-gids/een/vandaag/12-points

Guido
# Posted: 18 May 2013 20:33

But I like, when she says something in German.....charming
Yes. Wuppertal : Guten Tag ich bin Ruslana ? Die Videobotschaft Ruslanas for the first international fan meeting.
It was a bit funny but we all liked it no ?

Katherine
# Posted: 19 May 2013 18:12

I like Euphoria, although that overlay in the first part of the chorus is messy and sounds really cheap.

Overall I'm not impressed one bit, her english pronunciation is really bad I think Wild Energy album and Euphoria album was better written and better mastered. This just sounds like she's recorded it in a garage with a high school student who doesn't fully understand how to master tracks yet.

I'm sorry but I think this is really bad. I think she needs a native english lyricist personally and possibly a dialect coacher when she is recording her tracks.

Why is it the vocals on the ukrainian versions sound very professional, and these english ones seems like they couldn't be bothered?

Christiane
# Posted: 19 May 2013 20:03

Guido
Yes. Wuppertal : Guten Tag ich bin Ruslana ? Die Videobotschaft Ruslanas for the first international fan meeting.

Yes, I like to listen to that on the video message :-)

Katherine
I think she needs a native english lyricist personally and possibly a dialect coacher when she is recording her tracks.

I agree, but I got the feeling, that she doesn't put much effort in that. Besides she might not know, how to find an english lyricist. It´s also a matter of money.

Why is it the vocals on the ukrainian versions sound very professional, and these english ones seems like they couldn't be bothered?

She´s got difficulties with the english language, it´s not her native language and Ruslana always used to sing rather more in ukrainian than in english language.

Katherine
# Posted: 19 May 2013 20:30

Christiane

I agree, but I got the feeling, that she doesn't put much effort in that. Besides she might not know, how to find an english lyricist. It´s also a matter of money.

I don't know. It doesn't necessarily have to be any famous lyricist. Hey, I'd be happy to re-write/write her english versions for free! I'm sure they could get any other wannabe song writer to do it for a cheap/free price.

She´s got difficulties with the english language, it´s not her native language and Ruslana always used to sing rather more in ukrainian than in english language.

I'm not talking about her use of english. I'm talking about the actual quality of the vocal recording, it sounds very untreated and cheap like it's been recorded with a karaoke machine.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 19 May 2013 20:32

I didn't like much the demos of the "Ey-fory-ya" album when they were published on www.ruslana.ua, but I changed my opinion completely after I listed to the album versions, so I'm pretty sure that it's the same story going on here. The sound quality of this demos is really bad as they don't want anyone to illegally distribute them.

Christiane
# Posted: 19 May 2013 22:59

Katherine
Hey, I'd be happy to re-write/write her english versions for free!

So what about contacting her management at Luxen studio?

I'm talking about the actual quality of the vocal recording, it sounds very untreated and cheap like it's been recorded with a karaoke machine.

I must say, that I didn´t really put much attention on the recording.....at least for the demo version.

Katherine
# Posted: 20 May 2013 02:00

Christiane
So what about contacting her management at Luxen studi

I might jusy get my friend to try, he's a fantastic song writer.

Now that I've listened to them a few times i'll do a proper review

1. My Boo - It's alright, finding it hard to understand it though.

2. Shalala - Hmmm... i like the track, the lyrics could be much better it seems but the verse again I can only pick out a few words.

3. Rachmaninov - I really liked the ukrainian version. The english one is really bad, the vocals got some bad effects on it. I can't understand the verse again. Love the hook though.

4. Wow - I really liked the first ever version. Then all these versions came out and for some reason the record label thought they were better? I think this is probably the worst version of the song. I really liked the retro feel of the first one, this sounds like it's meant to be a remix rather than an english release. To have this one on the album I think was the worst decision.

5. Pop Up - This i really like, it's very sassy and a little bit clearer.

6. Yablo4ko - I didn't like the ukrainian version, this one is growing on me.

7. Ogo Ogo - I've always hated this one and it's no better in english.

8. This is euphoria - Like Alexandru said. Nothing new but I love it!

I think this will be the first Ruslana album i'll buy individually. Probs just be Pop UP, This is euphoria and Rachmaninov.

Overall I was kind of hoping for maybe an extra two tracks that were new or exclusively for the english album (as this album was taking a long time) much like the difference between Amazon and Wild Energy.

flipsty
# Posted: 23 May 2013 02:18

AlexandruRomania
but I would have put "I'm a badass" or "I'm a smart ass" instead of "I'm a pop up".

I don't know. I thought Pop Up had the best lyrics out of all the songs.

andreas2
# Posted: 23 May 2013 17:13

O_O

just listened to the samples, and OMG, love the songs sooo much in english!! love this 80's style and I believe the album is huge and unique, every single song in there is great, maybe Kray is a bit off-topic though

I believe the album can get popular outside Ukraine if promoted correctly, much much better than the english Wild Energy

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 494 [14 Dec 2016 06:05]

These forums are running on forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2017 admin | Ruslana. Official site