- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Latest News / New English album "My Boo"
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
axur
# Posted: 8 Aug 2013 10:05

ohh Thanks

Katherine
# Posted: 13 Aug 2013 14:56

This is euphoria is now on iTunes as a single!

cora
# Posted: 13 Aug 2013 15:50 - Edited by: cora

Katherine
This is euphoria is now on iTunes as a single!

Yes, you can buy it here.

flipsty
# Posted: 13 Aug 2013 21:52

It's funny that iTunes says Wild Dances and Hutsul Girl have explicit lyrics. Sorry.

Ashleigh
# Posted: 13 Aug 2013 22:53

I love Ruslana's music so much but I enjoy listening to her Ukrainian songs more than the English versions. They are not very well written and the words feel like they are there to fit the melody rather then the music fitting the lyrics which is always the case when songs are translated. I know this is not Ruslana's fault. It is always nice to here different interpretations of the songs though.

Guido
# Posted: 14 Aug 2013 00:38

but I enjoy listening to her Ukrainian songs more than the English versions
Ash :-) I said sunday : I allways prefer the YKP version.
I was happy she didn't only sing english versions and I'm sure she was happy the audiance also liked the Ukrainian songs like Arcan.

Esther
# Posted: 14 Aug 2013 08:54

Guido
was happy she didn't only sing english versions and I'm sure she was happy the audiance also liked the Ukrainian songs like Arcan.

Me too loved to hear arcan. But did you notice with play for me musician she started off in English I think. And ended in ukr.

Warrioress
# Posted: 20 Aug 2013 15:45

just rating... http://ruslana.ua/en/myboo.php?a=2&b=8 and listening.
first time hearing Ogo Ogo in English, in relation to the topic of conversation at hand, i like listening to the English versions because thats all i can understand, but ask my friends and they'll say I've been saying i enjoy the ukr version just as much because the music is still as great and you can still feel what the song is about!

(be wild!)

Christiane
# Posted: 21 Aug 2013 09:15

Warrioress
i enjoy the ukr version just as much because the music is still as great and you can still feel what the song is about!

That reminds me of what Ruslana said once: when she sings in English, we understand the lyrcs with our minds, but when she sings in Ukrainian, we understand them with our hearts.

Warrioress
# Posted: 21 Aug 2013 14:05

Christiane
That reminds me of what Ruslana said once: when she sings in English, we understand the lyrcs with our minds, but when she sings in Ukrainian, we understand them with our hearts.

That's the way to say it!

(dance wild!)

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 24 Aug 2013 21:11

Warrioress

Did you have the chance to listen to the track from this album? How do you like them?

Warrioress
# Posted: 30 Aug 2013 14:45

Warrioress

Did you have the chance to listen to the track from this album? How do you like them?

They're different to her other songs but i like them, i'm open to most types of music, from rock & roll to melodic heavy metal to pop and reggae..
i like them all, though "Rachmaninov" and "Sha la la" are kinda my favs.

(dance wild!)

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 31 Aug 2013 16:53

Warrioress

i like them all, though "Rachmaninov" and "Sha la la" are kinda my favs.

I love ShaLaLa. My favorites are: "ShaLaLa", "Rachmaninov", "Yablo4ko" and "This is Euphoria".

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 31 Aug 2013 19:13

Better in English: My brat, sha lala,
Better in Ukrainian: rachmaninov, yablo4ko, ogo ogo

My opinion.

I also prefer the version of 'Wow' on the English album, personally

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 31 Aug 2013 20:43

UkFanOfRuslana

For me it goes like this:

Miy brat
vs My Boo!
ShaLaLa UA vs ShaLaLa EN
Rachmaninov UA vs Rachmaninov EN
Roby hushnisce vs Pop Up!
Vau vs Wow - neither of them. I prefer the single version from 2011.
Yablo4ko UA vs Yablo4ko EN
Davaj hraj vs Ogo ogo
Ey-fory-ya vs This is Euphoria

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 31 Aug 2013 21:25

AlexandruRomania

I presume the ones in bold are your favourites.

Interesting...I thought Miy brat was the song that sounded best in English out of them all.

Each to their own

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 31 Aug 2013 21:53

UkFanOfRuslana

I presume the ones in bold are your favourites.

Yes, you're right.

I thought Miy brat was the song that sounded best in English out of them all

My Boo is actually Miy brat translated into English. I like Miy brat better because to me it sounds more natural than My Boo and as I'm able to understand 85% of what she's singing in Ukrainian, I like this version better.

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 31 Aug 2013 22:58 - Edited by: UkFanOfRuslana

AlexandruRomania
My Boo is actually Miy brat translated into English. I like Miy brat better because to me it sounds more natural than My Boo and as I'm able to understand 85% of what she's singing in Ukrainian, I like this version better.

Yes I was aware my boo = miy brat oh but do they mean the same thing - my brother?

That's interesting. Can you understand Ukrainian or do you just learn the lyrics?

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 1 Sep 2013 00:21

UkFanOfRuslana

Can you understand Ukrainian or do you just learn the lyrics?

I can understand some Ukrainian and this song has very simple words so I can understand almost everything she sings.

Guido
# Posted: 1 Sep 2013 01:11

when she sings in English, we understand the lyrcs with our minds, but when she sings in Ukrainian, we understand them with our hearts.
I agree and when we meet her we understand her without saying anything.

Nahyka
# Posted: 8 Jan 2014 17:22

My Boo (Together!) is now available on iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/my-boo-together!/id792624945

cora
# Posted: 8 Jan 2014 19:12

Nahyka
My Boo (Together!) is now available on iTunes

Wow, you are faster than our official announcement Yes, it's availlable since yesterday and it will be announced on the main site and FB within a couple of days.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 119 [1 Nov 2017 17:04]

These forums are running on light forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2017 admin | Ruslana. Official site