support Ukrainian language (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Ukraine / support Ukrainian language
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
rai
# Posted: 11 Oct 2004 18:06

!
(http://br.if.ua/ukrainian) , -2005. (, , 450-) . , . ³ , . !
!
?Easy Ukrainian?:
/ 2600230115 336514 22187714 ( ??).

Turkish cowboy
# Posted: 11 Oct 2004 20:37

Ukrainan is very difficult :'(

hitman0907
# Posted: 11 Oct 2004 22:19

Turkish cowboy

We can see :)))

Christiane
# Posted: 11 Oct 2004 22:24 - Edited by: Christiane

Turkish cowboy
hitman0907
That´s right......not only, because of the language, but also because of the cyrillic letters. Russian is difficult anyway, but Ukrainian is not easier, I suppose.

rai
Sorry, we don´t understand Ukrainian.

hitman0907
# Posted: 11 Oct 2004 22:28

Christiane
because of the cyrillic letters

I think so too.I can see only lines!

Christiane
# Posted: 11 Oct 2004 22:30

hitman0907
I used to learn Russian, but didn´t continue and forgot most of the words and letters.

Canadiankid
# Posted: 12 Oct 2004 00:23

I can read what is written but i dont know what it means, however i am in classes :D:D:D so hopefully soon i will start to understand some of it. hooray!!!

chapyl
# Posted: 12 Oct 2004 02:03

The alphabet seems complicated.
There is another language I would love to learn - Arabic.
Soooo beautiful alphabet (yes, it is really an alphabet), but unfortunately the pronounciation in the language isn't that nice to hear.

The future of EU will be interesting with member countries like Turkey, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Armenia, Azerbadjan, Georgia...
Armenia and Georgia also have a very complicated alphabet, but very beautiful. I wonder if they will continue with documents and discussions translated to all different languages.

Maybe Esperanto will be popular again ;)

_sick_driver_
# Posted: 12 Oct 2004 14:06

Soooo beautiful alphabet (yes, it is really an alphabet), but unfortunately the pronounciation in the language isn't that nice to hear.
oy, yea.. it's a hard language and the pronounciation is complication.. [after my friend did a little lesson] :|

ªª
- !

Christiane
# Posted: 12 Oct 2004 15:01

Learning Arabic is certainly a challenge, especially because of the Arabic letters.

Nules
# Posted: 14 Oct 2004 15:36

El año que viene quiero que canteis en vuestra lengua, el ucraniano y no en el ingles. Fuera el ingles, viva el ucraniano. Viva Eurovisión plurilingüe, fuera Eurovisión monolingüe y solo con inglés, me aburre mucho. Vivan las canciones en ucraniano, fuera las de inglés.

Lussekatt
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 00:14

I really want to try to learn ukrainian but I might not success with it but I will certainly give it a huge try!! Now i started to jump to far from the beginning. I wanted to show the ukrainians here a pic of myself with my Ruslanainspiration and wrote a sentence for them that says "I want to show you...." Then I posted the pic.

Shortly afterwards there was an answer to find: Take a look:

?

That was really thrilling. Its nice to meet ukrainians who never enter the english parts of the forum. But what is "Savar" asking me?

I emediately saw that the last word is "photo" but I cant understand the first two. I had worked my brain out for this in two days but have to give it up now. I feel so unpolite not answeing so I need some help to translate it. When I understand what Savar is saying - then I can give an answer myself! ( I hope...)

I wish this topic could be like a language -barrier -breaker. It would be nice to have conversations with Ruslana´s people!

Lussekatt
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 00:16

transliteration:

JETO TVOE PHOTO?

Amy
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 00:34

I would like to learn Ukrainian but it is not very useful I problay will never go 2 Ukraine! :(

Spacytoon
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 00:35

dear Lussekatt,
tis ockie that you didn't reply him in time..don't worry!at last its he is very impolite when asks a foreigner in another language.
he asked wether this is your photo or not..

and I think this pic is wonderful and very interesting!! thank you very much=)

Spacytoon
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 00:45

Amy ,
don't be upset,if you wish so much,you will visit this country! somehow it will happen..
and about learning language-- even if,for example, i never go to Spain i still wish to and do learn this language,and not only!
just for yourself,general developing we learn languages...and then you can understand all Ruslana's songs easily! some use there is anyway=)
if any help in understanding or learning,you can ask!

Christiane
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 01:20

Spacytoon
speaking about languages and especially Ukrainian......this reminds me of a word, which I´ve been reading here sometimes, but don´t know, what it means: Slava

Spacytoon
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 01:51

Christiane,
Slava,old slovyanic word, means 'Glory' or 'Fame'...good meaning
and this is also a boy's name,in the same meaning!=)

always glad to help in translation!=)

Lussekatt
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 02:03

Spacytoon

Duzhe diakuju for telling me the explanations of these words.

well, I dont think Savar was impolite as I think he took for granted that I know ukrainian as I wrote in ukrainian.

And I appreciate your comments about the pic :)

Spacytoon
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 02:19

Lussekatt,
bud' laska =)
zavzhdy rada dopomogty..

about photos- yes,thankies, i would like to see more if you don't mind=)...seems you are talented in such things..

Christiane
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 02:31

Spacytoon
Dyakuju ;-)

obw
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 03:46

Lussekatt
JETO TVOE PHOTO
No, this is Russian he wrote.

Take note the round "e" is the other way round as in the ukrainian letter (this is a short "e" as in the english word "the", not a "ye" (""). I am glad to have learned this so I share it. ;) This is one of the letters one can use to differentiate Russian from Ukrainian at one look.)

So a more correct transliteration (from Russian) would be:
eto tvoye foto
(The russian "e" is the "ye" letter)
My first thought was "oh why..." but then I thought about german, danish and swedish umlauts... :-]

And that was a great photo, by the way. ;) (Am I repeating myself? I repeat myself when under stress. I repeat myself when under stress. I repeat... )

Heart_healer
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 09:23

obw
So a more correct transliteration (from Russian) would be:
eto tvoye foto

well, actually all that is right about russian "e" ...but there is an artful thing with some russian letters: russian letter "" which means "yo" is almost never written with its points, but always like "e" and it can confuse non-russians (who don't know about that) while reading :)
the same thing happened in this case with " "
so, correct transliteration is "eto tvoyo foto"

Heart_healer
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 09:25

well, actually, in Russian pronunciation it is "eta tvayo fota" :))

Amy
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 12:26

Spacytoon
Thanks! Maybe I will go to Ukraine when I am older on my own in gap year or something! :D

Lussekatt
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 23:36

Spacytoon

bud' laska =)
zavzhdy rada dopomogty..

*lussekatt is trying to find out what THAT means....*

i would like to see more if you don't mind=)...seems you are talented in such things..

Thank you again! I would like to show your more of it yes! I am always happy if someone shows interest in my "talanted things" :) I will probably open a completely new topic where I can put more pics on my "Ruslanawork". I might need your help to write something in ukrainian there .....

Lussekatt
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 23:46

obw

this is Russian he wrote.

Oh, man I had no clue at all :/ then he might was unpolite anyway. I write in one language and he answer in another one.....

Take note the round is the other way round

actually I discovered that during my search for translation but I didnt took any greater notice. I dont know russian at all. I am very impressed of your knowledges. What more letters differs from russian in this way? Some letters they use in Russia but not Ukraine or vice versa?? I know there is a separate topic about that but Im just lazy....

(Am I repeating myself? I repeat myself when under stress. I repeat myself when under stress. I repeat... )

Lol! Dont worry and stress down if you can ;) You can never say good things enough !

Lussekatt
# Posted: 17 Oct 2004 23:50

Heart_healer

And thank you for your sharing your knowledges as well. I might start to differ these two languages away before I concentrate on ukrainian so I will recognise this in the future. But now I realise that I cant answer him as I dont know Russian at all.....

Lussekatt
# Posted: 18 Oct 2004 00:19

this site doesnt work for me, so much for help :((

http://lingresua.tripod.com/cgi-bin/oluaen.pl

obw
# Posted: 18 Oct 2004 02:53

Lussekatt
this site doesnt work for me

I found it has a mirror at
http://www.cybermova.com/cgi-bin/oluaen.pl
which works more reliable than the Tripod address.

What more letters differs from russian in this way?
There is also a somehow weird "i" letter in russian. I can't write it directly, have to paste it... "" this is a ligature like German "ß". Anyway this is a short "i" like e.g. in english "sick" if I understood it correctly. And now Heart Healer can correct me with other examples of russian pronounciation and I will desperately call a friend on the phone who speaks Russian and bother her about that stuff. ;)

BTW: "", "" , "" ("","","") are Ukrainian letters, as is "", but it is a) rare and b) also Belarusian, so to not confuse things further I'll end now. =:-) (*I* am already confused)

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on chat forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site