Ruslana social activities (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Ukraine / Ruslana social activities
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
huiwes
# Posted: 1 Aug 2008 22:04 - Edited by: huiwes

Dear members,

I couldn't find any topic about the social activities of Ruslana. Probably I missed it or was it spelled in Ukrainian ( which I am practising but is not good enough to understand all). In that case sorry dear moderators.

I just downloaded from UkrainaTV a program that is called Reporter. The theme is the terrible floods in Ukraine in the West region. In this program also Ruslana can be heard/seen (after 4 minutes). Also Ani Lorak appears. I think it is of enough importance to have an impression of what is going on there.

For those who interested:

https://download.yousendit.com/Smp1NU1DZ2dUWUJjR0E9PQ

Further on an article about the sam subject:
http://zik.com.ua/en/news/2008/07/31/145617

Sleep well,
Evita

Guido
# Posted: 1 Aug 2008 22:20

I think it is of enough importance to have an impression of what is going on there.
Indeed. I saw nothing about it on belgian TV. I was a bit mad about that.

which I am practising
WOW ! I wish you much succes. Most of us western fans only tried.
It's a lovely language. But not easy to learn
Sleep well too Evita.

huiwes
# Posted: 1 Aug 2008 22:24

Thanks Guido,
I will do so.
Evita

PS: wrong topic but try Teach yourself Ukrainian, Lonely Planet didn't work for me.

wespecz
# Posted: 1 Aug 2008 22:39 - Edited by: wespecz

huiwes
Dear Evita,

I couldn't find any topic about the social activities of Ruslana. Probably I missed it or was it spelled in Ukrainian ( which I am practising but is not good enough to understand all). In that case sorry dear moderators.
you don't need to be sorry. There is such a topic called "What you can do" which is deddicated to social activities. But especially to our activities - what we can do as Ruslana asked Cora to open this topic.

Further on an article about the sam subject:
http://zik.com.ua/en/news/2008/07/31/145617

Thank you, it was worth reading! You can find more photos and informations here.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 05:21 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

huiwes
Hi again, yes, the Ukrainian members created topic about the floods
but often we have 2 variants of one and the same thing-in UA and in EN.

And your topic includes a broader range of activities as I can see from the title, so here we could talk also about her anti-human tafficing project, the "computers instead of animals" (is it me who calls it this way?), anti-piracy campaign......I have the feeling I miss something..

huiwes
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 07:53

Wespecz and Nikoleta
Thanks for all your comments. Tonight I will look at the topics that already exists. i wondered if you could open the Yousendit file. It doen't have a line under it but if you paste the url on the searchline (do you call it that way?). Then it can be opened. For me it worked. Otherwise I will gladly send the Yousendit mail of confirmation to someone who knows better how these kind of things work.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 08:13 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

huiwes

hm, I don't know what is wrong.....yes, I can open it when I paste the url....I'll copy the link also here in my post to see if it will appear underlined or not and I'll download the file now

https://download.yousendit.com/Smp1NU1DZ2dUWUJjR0E9PQ

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 08:14 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

hop, it appeared underlined then try to delete the "link to file" that appears before your url. You have copied it together with the url itself, may be this is the problem. Put only the link with no LINK to FIle

you can edit your posts by clicking "edit" on top of you post field
the edit function stays there up to 2-3 days after a member's post

=btw, I had posted some nonsense above, but I fixed it, hahaha, now my link also works

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 08:37

huiwes
I downloaded it, thank you. Unfortunatelly I'm not so good at Uktainian as to understand everything she says......wow there is even a video later, GrEAT!!

wespecz
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 12:35 - Edited by: wespecz

huiwes
i wondered if you could open the Yousendit file.
Yes if it's not underlined we can just copy it to the adress line and go in this way.

Forum may support added links automatically but you can for sure use this button and paste url to the window which will appear.

huiwes
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 21:14

Nikoleta and Wespecz thanks for your instructions. I have learned a lot.

wespecz
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 21:26

huiwes
Not at all.

huiwes
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 21:26

Some older news on Ruslana's activities on human trafficking whick I dindn't find on the forum:

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2008/05/human-trafficking-women

http://www.vitalvoices.org/desktopdefault.aspx?page_id=579

huiwes
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 21:59

I meant this one too

http://www.vitalvoices.org/desktopdefault.aspx?page_id=769

wespecz
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 23:41

huiwes
Thank you for the articles and your effort!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 3 Aug 2008 07:35

huiwes
yes, indeed, thanks! Actually, I had read these articles, but it had never crossed my mind to provide a link here, wow.

Ruslana will do a lot with this, I think. She'll have enormous success, first of all because she is a celebrity. People usually listen to anubody who has appeared on the TV for half an hour or even less. And Ruslana is far from being a celebrity for one day only, wow

cora
# Posted: 3 Aug 2008 10:53

huiwes
I couldn't find any topic about the social activities of Ruslana.

Good idea to open this topic. wespecz is right, we have a topic about the social activities we can do, but no topic yet about Ruslana's activities.

wespecz
# Posted: 3 Aug 2008 11:29

nikoleta_rangelova
yes, indeed, thanks! Actually, I had read these articles, but it had never crossed my mind to provide a link here, wow.
It's always great to have things in one place.

Ruslana will do a lot with this, I think. She'll have enormous success, first of all because she is a celebrity. People usually listen to anubody who has appeared on the TV for half an hour or even less. And Ruslana is far from being a celebrity for one day only, wow
Yes Ruslana has got the potential. Even when she's connecting her good activities with her projects in general.

huiwes
# Posted: 4 Aug 2008 15:04

I downloaded it, thank you. Unfortunatelly I'm not so good at Uktainian as to understand everything she says......wow there is even a video later, GrEAT!! I presume she said the things you can read in the ZIK-article which is from the same event.

Further on I agree that she can indeed reacht al lot because of her popularity and her celebrity. She knows how to use these things in the right way for her social activities.

I must say that for me I like Ruslana even more because of her social activities. I f you can do both (making and singing beautiful music and doing something for others) you are a real great star and gladly she is.

I would like it if there more articles to come concerning her social activities so Nikoleta and all other members don't hesitate if you come accross something.

Greetings to you all!

cora
# Posted: 4 Aug 2008 18:34 - Edited by: cora

huiwes
I must say that for me I like Ruslana even more because of her social activities.

I absolutely agree. She does really a lot of good things. Just look at the fund Ruslana and team have set up for the victims of the flood. It's amazing what they have managed on such short notice and even in the middle of a major tour.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Aug 2008 18:55

Just look at the fund Ruslana and team have set up for the victims of the flood.

Impressive, yes

huiwes
# Posted: 4 Aug 2008 21:06

Thanks Cora for the link. I have some impression (sponsers/possibilities to donate) what it's all about but to understand all I am afraid I will I need my Ukrainian/English lexicon.

cora
# Posted: 4 Aug 2008 21:10

huiwes
I have some impression (sponsers/possibilities to donate) what it's all about but to understand all I am afraid I will I need my Ukrainian/English lexicon.

Yes, it gives some impression of what this is about. For more detailed information, use http://translate.meta.ua/

huiwes
# Posted: 4 Aug 2008 22:00

Thanks, its much quicker indeed!

huiwes
# Posted: 15 Nov 2008 09:35

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2008/11/14/7406701-sun.html

flipsty
# Posted: 15 Nov 2008 10:07 - Edited by: flipsty

Isn't the UN the organization that traffics humans in the Balkans? Look up Kathryn Bolkovac.

wespecz
# Posted: 4 Mar 2009 17:49

Article from Ruslana's blog:

March 7 at 14.00, near Main in Kiev members and supporters of Amnesty International in Ukraine, with the singer Ruslana, will hold an information campaign.

In the year after 60 years of adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the 10 anniversary of the UN Declaration on human rights Amnesty International wants to focus on the role of women - carriers of positive change for society.
Women play an important role as carriers of positive social change and progress on human rights generally, but they still suffer from discrimination and violence. Among the poorest strata of society, those living in contaminated environment and to the victims of disease, they are the majority, women usually are the first victims in armed conflicts or in respect dyskryminuyuchyh cultural or religious traditions.

Women - human rights are often targets of crime because of their human rights activities. On this day, Amnesty International welcomes the cooperation of famous women in their countries, working to protect human rights. Special guest for shares Amnesty International in Ukraine will be the winner of Eurovision 2004, singer Ruslana.

One of the key messages of treatment Amnesty International is the following thesis:
«Women encounter special obstacles in the way of implementing their own rights, and help them overcome these obstacles is the responsibility of state and special international mechanisms. Women should be active participants in formulating policies and processes that have an impact on their lives ».

During the campaign about the situation with the rights of women speak:
- Svetlana Poberezhets, Chairman of Amnesty International in Ukraine;
- Tatyana Mazur, Executive Director, MA in Ukraine
- Natalia Dulneva, head of the Network to enhance the MA in Ukraine

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Mar 2009 19:46

wespecz
Thanks! Unbvelievably good translaion, wow But I don;t quite understand what exactly is Ruslana's role in this.

Ruthen
# Posted: 4 Mar 2009 20:59

wespecz
Wow, you're a great translator!!

Ruthen
# Posted: 4 Mar 2009 21:00

nikoleta_rangelova
I think it's somehow linked to Not for sale project..

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 76 [11 Oct 2017 11:38]

These forums are running on light forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2017 admin | Ruslana. Official site