! * Ukraine rules!

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Ukraine / ! * Ukraine rules!
wespecz
# Posted: 6 Sep 2009 20:40 - Edited by: wespecz

I just typed on Google that "Ukraine is the best" and got some nice website where I voted for Ukraine and also created Ruslana's profile. Let's support and her great country.

Ukraine rules
Wild Dances rules
Ruslana rules (created by me)

You need to create an account here, but it doesn't ask for sensitive things like name etc.

wild_olchyk
# Posted: 6 Sep 2009 20:59

wespecz
Thanks a lot for this topic!

Some video:
Dont worry be ukrainian!
Ukraine

wespecz
# Posted: 7 Sep 2009 00:56

wild_olchyk
Thanks a lot for this topic!
Thank you, too! And for the great videos also!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 7 Sep 2009 06:55

wespecz
Great! It is worth setting up an account :D:D

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 7 Sep 2009 11:29

wespecz
You are promoting Ruslana and Ukraine. Thank you.Well doen.
But can you change the word, because you made a mistake.
Not but . Sorry.

wespecz
# Posted: 7 Sep 2009 14:21 - Edited by: wespecz

nikoleta_rangelova
Great! It is worth setting up an account :D:D
Yes, it is. :D You can express what's the best.

Olena Soltysyak
You are promoting Ruslana and Ukraine. Thank you.
Not at all!

But can you change the word, because you made a mistake.
Not but . Sorry.

Thank you very much!! Changed.

Arsen
# Posted: 7 Sep 2009 19:37

Ͳ???))))) )))))) !!! )))))

wespecz
# Posted: 3 Nov 2009 02:07 - Edited by: wespecz

I've found this video just by random click somewhere. It's not tagged by Ruslana, but it uses videos from Znayu Ya to illustrate videos about amazing Ukraine!

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 5 Nov 2009 12:35

wespecz
Thank you for the video.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 Nov 2009 17:09

I couldn't think of another UA-related topic.. :D

Today I had a seminar in Russian. The teacher is great and usually absolutely offtopic all the time:D I wasn't in a mood for grammar today, so I just mentioned a word about Ukraine and we went on discussing UA... :D
I started by asking about the proper pronunciation of the Ukrainian "", "i" and the one with the two dots.. :D Then my teacher moved onto politics... Then she said that Ukrainians loved Bulgarians and were very friendly and great people:D (I didn't need her to tell me this to know it :D:D). Then I mentioned about the usual image of a Ukrainian which I had built during the years which was... blond, blue-eyed person, which in most cases clashes with reallity as I could see during my being in contact with Ukrainians here.. :D
And she described Lviv a little and of course managed to make me love it.. :D And other nice things about UA:D

UFO_G
# Posted: 26 Nov 2009 17:53

I started by asking about the proper pronunciation of the Ukrainian "", "i" and the one with the two dots..
I don't have any problem with the last one. But no one - not an Ukrainian was able to explain the difference between "", "i" .
I only was told it are very different letters. Has to do something with prononcation ?

Then she said that Ukrainians loved Bulgarians and were very friendly and great people:D
So she knows Ruslana ?

blond, blue-eyed person
Only when they present books ?
I prefer them as they are - or as she is. Much more.

Perhaps the blond blue-eyed persons have dutch roots ?
But Stalin deported them to Siberia during WW II and after.
It's a long story.

And she described Lviv a little
I'm sure it's a beautiful city. Unesco protected it ?
I remember some member who was washing her long hairs but then at 22 h : no more water. Perhaps that's why she cut her hairs ? What a shame.

WildYennifer
# Posted: 26 Nov 2009 17:57

UFO_G
UNESCO protects the historical centre of Lviv, as far as I remember))

UFO_G
# Posted: 26 Nov 2009 18:06

Indeed.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 Nov 2009 18:16

UFO_G
So she knows Ruslana ?

She does:D:D

wespecz
# Posted: 26 Nov 2009 19:16

WildYennifer
Great!! I think that Ruslana's first house everthere should be protected, too. As well as her stunning voice.

UFO_G
# Posted: 26 Nov 2009 20:32

Great!! I think that Ruslana's first house everthere should be protected, too. As well as her stunning voice.
Haha nice ! But don't forget the other things why we like her so much.

wespecz
# Posted: 26 Nov 2009 23:14

UFO_G
Haha nice ! But don't forget the other things why we like her so much.
No, I don't forget them, no way! Our sonechko is unique thanks to the fact that she's not only singer, she's much more and the pure energy.

Selentar
# Posted: 27 Nov 2009 17:43

I am ashamed for our nation. If in the West Ukraine is perceived differently, you do not know realities of our topical interest. Ukraine does not "rules own taxi" in Ukraine - anyone taxis in Ukraine, except not for Ukrainians. We are not celebrated, because not know, how to rule and where to ride. I will ask you, habitants of the West, will teach us to "ride" by rules of the road of policy, where to ride also approximately say, because our nation is now dark, as night. I hope that Ruslana understands it and also somehow operates in blessing Ukraine. Help us - and we promise to help you in defence of your interests in your countries, if you will not be celebrated.) Or will offer a price for teaching "driving". people our is dark, but a folks elite already begins to ripen, and I would not like, that our garden-stuffs disappeared gataway. If you like Ukraine - help its habitants, because now we are on verges, separating nai lives ot hunger and many other misfortunes, linked with our foolishness.

Ruthen
# Posted: 27 Nov 2009 18:43

UFO_G

I don't have any problem with the last one. But no one - not an Ukrainian was able to explain the difference between "", "i" .
I only was told it are very different letters. Has to do something with prononcation ?

Yes. is pronounced harder than i, actually it's another sound..

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 30 Dec 2009 20:36

Ok... on the site of Yahoo Questions and Answers, I decided to ask this, just to check out what people really know (or not): "What do you know about Bulgaria? Don't consult the internet, just write what YOU know"

and look what I got:

"I know personnaly 2 people from there, it's a pretty good touristic destination, it has the Carpathians...should be nice there"

I'm happy to have the Carpathians home

Guido
# Posted: 30 Dec 2009 21:36

Yes. is pronounced harder than i, actually it's another sound..
Perhaps you can make a sound fragment ?
I remember someone asking me how to pronounce Guido. Strange since I met her twice

Guido
# Posted: 30 Dec 2009 21:46

What do you know about Bulgaria?
I knew it had a Black Sea coast. My aunt once spent her holidays there. Capital Sofia. Monetary unit (?) Lev - from crossword puzzles.
Number of Ruslana fans ... :-)

I envy you. Every morning when you look out of the window ... At least you see more mountains then I do.

Scoub
# Posted: 30 Dec 2009 22:42

Lalalala...
Volgens IPA zou de Oekraïense als de Nederlandse 'i' moeten klinken in het woord 'tik' en de als 'ie' in 'biet'.

n Guido zou gewoon ճ worden...
-----
According to IPA the Ukrainian would sound like the 'i' in the word 'bit' and the like 'ee' in 'meet'.

And Guido would become ճ...

Guido
# Posted: 31 Dec 2009 00:27

And Guido would become ճ...
Ruslana says. More the Italian or even german prononciation.
But indeed you dutch (Esther) say ճ
Thanks for explaining the tik-biet issue :-)
You don't have our soft "g" I think.

cora
# Posted: 31 Dec 2009 08:38

nikoleta_rangelova
on the site of Yahoo Questions and Answers, I decided to ask this, just to check out what people really know (or not):

You should ask "What do you know about Ukraine?" This would fit better in this topic.

Wow, the famous Bulgarian Carpathians on your doorstep!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 31 Dec 2009 10:04

cora
This would fit better in this topic.
The Carpathians fit here, that's why I chose this topic;) :D

But the idea about UA is good, let't try

After the try.... I'll share most of the answers, except from the stupidest ones *crazy* No Ruslana in the answers, though :D:F

[i]Answer 1 "Good Vodka"

A2: "In school, we were taught that it is .........

"The bread basket of Russia".

Meaning that it is a farming area where much grain is grown.

"

A3: "Andriy Shevchenko"

A4: "Capital: Kiev"

A5: "I have no idea..."

A6: "um
it starts with a U
rain is in the word"

A7: "It's next to Russia, they speak Ukranian and...well, that's about it. Oh, and I think they have a female president."

A8: "easter eggs.. they make em good there.. i think?"

A9: "I like Ukrainians!

Beautiful language and culture. Rough history, but it seems things are getting better. I love the words to the anthem - Ukraine has not perished. There's a line which says,' Our enemies will die like dew in the sunshine'; you gotta love that! Blue skies and golden fields of wheat.

Ukrainian folk dancers are athletes! I've seen their dances and it's amazing! Plus, Ukrainian men are sexy."

A10: "Ukraine is a nation bordering Belarus, Russia and probably some other countries. It was once a part of the Soviet Union. The easiest way to find it on a globe is to find the little (actually its kinda big) spit of land in one of the landlocked seas close to the meditteranean. I think either the black or the Caspian. That spit of land is Crimea which is the location of where the Charge of the Light Brigade happened. Also, Ukraine is the location of the Chernobyl Disaster, one of the worst man made nuclear disasters in human history.

I didn't look any of that up honest! I am kinda fascinated with soviet history."

A11: "kiev"

A12: "ughhh im suposed to know where it is on a map because i learned it in world history last year...uhmmm i rememberd where it was on a map becuase it resembled a cloud with a lightning bolt"

A13: "I think it's allot like Russia... and kiev"

A14: "1-shivchenko! 2- part of USSR. 3- kiev"

A 15: "Chernobyl disaster"[/i]

wespecz
# Posted: 31 Dec 2009 10:20 - Edited by: wespecz

nikoleta_rangelova
I'd recommend to create the topic "Yahoo answers" This topic is for expressing love to Ukraine.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on community script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site