How would US singers do in Eurovision? (2)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / How would US singers do in Eurovision?
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
houstonfan
# Posted: 28 Mar 2005 22:09

txninny
AMERICAN IDIOT!.....LMAO.I LOVE IT!.....hey what is that contest here that is in San Ant. The one you Thought Ruslana would be great at?

Christiane
# Posted: 28 Mar 2005 23:31

susanne
Who on god's earth are vanilla ninja.
Never heard their song "Blue Tatoo"? Well, I thought, they might be known in the Netherlands as well. Some informations about the band are here. I´m a bit surprised, that the official website is in german, as the girls are from Estonia.

houstonfan
# Posted: 29 Mar 2005 00:47

Christiane
I have heard about them and i like their music.....but i don't think they have a very powerful kick to it...

txninny
# Posted: 29 Mar 2005 00:56

susanne
Over here tax max music from louisiana is rather popular...
What is tax music? My roots are from Louisiana and I've never heard of that before....

TheGame
# Posted: 29 Mar 2005 01:18

without making the neighbor dog cry

LOOOL!

houstonfan
# Posted: 29 Mar 2005 06:10

TheGame
that was funny huh?..LMAO...i think that you need a hobby!...lmao..
hey I know maybe Alicia Keys would be bad A$$ in Eurovision.

txninny
# Posted: 29 Mar 2005 06:25

houstonfan
hey I know maybe Alicia Keys would be bad A$$ in Eurovision.
Never thought about her...Could, maybe who knows?

TheGame
# Posted: 29 Mar 2005 12:58

i think that you need a hobby

i have a hobby, bodybuilding =P

susanne
# Posted: 29 Mar 2005 16:40

I looked at the dutch charts and there wasn't a trace of vanilla ninja. This music has completely passed us by.

txninny,
It's the music of the cajuns in louisiana. I did french at university and the teacher said that some of them still speak french. It's often in french with a very ruff accent. Cajuns were french poeple who originally settled themselves in canada and then moved into america and there is a community left in louisiana. It has spanish influences a swell. It's always an accordeon that plays the melody and it has a spanish touch. It's very jolly music. do you know 'los lobos'? It's an american band that plays this kind of music. Oh, and it's spelled tex mex. (mex from mexican, i guess)

txninny
# Posted: 29 Mar 2005 17:26

susanne

It's the music of the cajuns in louisiana.

I know all about cajuns, I am one...LOL...The music you are talking about is Zydeco. Yes it does seem to have a Spanish influence, but not really. Kind of hard to explain.

that some of them still speak french. It's often in french with a very ruff accent.
It is broken French called Creole. My grandmother use to speak this to me when i was a kid. Good thing, because when I took French in school, I had the upper hand. Then she and I would converse. She in Creole and me in French. LOL If you can speak French, it is somewhat easy to understand.

do you know 'los lobos'?
I like Los Lobos. There is a band from Texas, Los Lonely Boys, that I like better than Los Lobos.

Oh, and it's spelled tex mex. (mex from mexican, i guess)
Ahhh, Tex Mex. That is what we call Mexican food in Tex because it really it's Mexican and really isn't Texan. It's Mexican food with a Texas flare. LOL...

susanne
# Posted: 29 Mar 2005 17:35

txninny,
I can speak french rather well. It's not perfect. I see that we are mixing up some music styles. but it's sometimes hard to distinguish all kind of styles, if it's very exotic music.
i think it's cool that some poeple still speak french creole over there. (Dutch creole is still spoken in south africa, by the way)
I have american family and when they were here ones a long time ago. I was 16 and I ask them how many poeple in louisiana still spoke french, because our teacher told us about it. The wife of my counsant said that frech wasn't spoken in america and that she had never heard of the word 'cajun'. She comes from michigan. I thought never mind. I bit of general knowledges could do you some good.
There are also french creoles being spoken on haiti. (créole du salon)

txninny
# Posted: 31 Mar 2005 05:53

susanne
My French is a tad rusty now. But I'm sure I would have no problems remembering if I used it all the time.

Some poeple in the US aren't that familiar with the Cajun culture. It is amazing and intersting. If you are ever in the US, you should visit Louisiana and venture to the more cultural parts and really experiance the culture. It is extremely difficult to understand a "true" Cajun when they are speaking English. But it is difficult to understand American English anyway because of the different terminologies and slang. Lots of diversity.

So of any US artists you know, which would you like to see in Eurovision?

houstonfan
# Posted: 31 Mar 2005 06:14

txninny
i was thinking about AMY LEE...i think she would kick A$$

susanne
# Posted: 31 Mar 2005 18:25

txninny,
i'll go to america at the end of april. i'll leave europe for the first time in my life. i'll be in miami, because your president bush wants to show european how good their education system is. (if the children grades are too low, you're sacked.) it will be an educational trip.
but about my family. i thought it was a real embarresment they knew so little about their own culture and had to be educated by their european family about cajun culture.

us-singers. well, regarding the tast of the old eurovision tv-audience. i'd say barbara streisand. But i can't stand her. Personally, i like dolly parton. It's a shame that she did so much plastic surgery. she start to look like micheal jackson. Alicia keys would do good for the teenage audience. And personally i like angie stone a lot. so for me, it will be Angie Stone. The dutch have tried R&B before and that was rather succesfull. (R&B is very popular over here because we have a large black community as well. they come from suriname and our colonies in the caribean.)

houstonfan
# Posted: 1 Apr 2005 20:27

HEY!...here is another that would be AWSOME! in eurovision...BETH HART!...YA'LL SHOULD CHECK HER OUT

TheGame
# Posted: 1 Apr 2005 20:30

...i cant read today, first i read "Bret Hart" :P anyway..how come i've never heard of everyone that would be awesome in eurovision? :P

houstonfan
# Posted: 1 Apr 2005 21:06

TheGame
CUZ YOU CRAZY!...look them up you will like them....expand your mind..i did that's how I found Ruslana....so you do the same....

TheGame
# Posted: 1 Apr 2005 21:29

houstonfan

okay, ill search for some song when i remember too. but now "Family Guy" is on tv :P

houstonfan
# Posted: 1 Apr 2005 21:51

TheGame
that is a FUNNY SHOW>>I LOVE THE BABY

TheGame
# Posted: 1 Apr 2005 22:00

houstonfan

Yeah, cant wait for the new episodes :D

houstonfan
# Posted: 2 Apr 2005 01:12

TheGame
When you get the time you need to also look up ANGGUN....She is hindi and has a very POWERFUL VOICE....she has an English album called SNOW ON THE SAHARA.....It didn't do very well over here in the US but I love the whole album...She stayed onthe charts for a month or so..

TheGame
# Posted: 2 Apr 2005 01:14

aight, will do..i downloaded a few..Hart songs..sounded like someone from the 60's :P

txninny
# Posted: 2 Apr 2005 06:22

houstonfan
ANGGUN
être une femme...SWEET beat!!!! That's all I can say... ;-)

houstonfan
# Posted: 2 Apr 2005 06:58 - Edited by: houstonfan

TheGame
yeah beth hart has some soul for a white girl

txninny
anggun is just AWSOME

ya'll should also look up OCTOBER PROJECT...this woman has a stunning opera voice but with really sweet beats to it

txninny
# Posted: 2 Apr 2005 07:28

houstonfan
OCTOBER PROJECT
I like them...Already know about them...;-)

houstonfan
# Posted: 2 Apr 2005 08:59

txninny
WELL I WONDER WHY....LMAO

taina
# Posted: 2 Apr 2005 13:06

houstonfan
She is hindi and has a very POWERFUL VOICE
i think Anggun is Indonesian. yes, she's great!

txninny
# Posted: 2 Apr 2005 17:00

taina
i think Anggun is Indonesian.
I think she is too. LOl

txninny
# Posted: 2 Apr 2005 17:01

houstonfan
WELL I WONDER WHY....
Hmmmm... You don't know why...A lil birdie told me about them...LMAO

susanne
# Posted: 2 Apr 2005 17:42

taina, txninny,
she's indonesian. I looked it up. She lives in france. I've never heard of her. What kind of music does she make? We know the following styles from indonesia 'gamelan'. That's very classic, but popular in the fifties over here and (i don't know how to spell it) 'krontjong'. That's a music style influenced by portugese fado, because they were a portugese colony and tmoir has always been a portugese colony. I really like this style and if she sings in this style. I bet I'll like it.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 4; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 112 [2 Mar 2020 00:27]

These forums are running on easy forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site