Did Ruslana change your life?How? (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / Did Ruslana change your life?How?
. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Dancer
# Posted: 23 May 2004 11:52

Did Ruslana change your life?How?

Bienenelfe
# Posted: 23 May 2004 12:13

I got reminded, that I know little about our eastern neighbours. And that I have to learn from their liveliness and their zest for life.

Thank you Natalka for thinking that I still have a chance :-)

And i got quarrel with my husband, because I'm listening to Ruslanas Song nonstop. ;-)

Mascha

_sick_driver_
# Posted: 23 May 2004 17:44 - Edited by: _sick_driver_

yup yup, Ruslana changed my life, because after I listened to her songs a couple months ago, I started to love ukrainian artists and their music. I started to see the talent that many ukrainians have even in the more modern ukrainian music. I respect and love Ukraine's culture, art, musik and food :P ! :]

What about you Dancer?

[..]

Dieter
# Posted: 23 May 2004 17:51 - Edited by: Dieter

Every time i'm somewhere near my computer, i have to play her songs. Not only Wild Dances but everything.

I've learned something about Ukrain and the Gutsulia people.

I even try to write stuff in russian :)

Someone_From_Istanbul
# Posted: 23 May 2004 18:20

Before i know her.. I was a ghost. (In Troy)
But now i listen to her songs everytime. I can't leave in front of my computer. I can't leave her songs.

I love you...Ruslana

Dancer
# Posted: 23 May 2004 18:28

Yes, Ruslana changed my life. Now I always listen her music and I want to know more about Ukraina and her people. I just love Ruslana, her songs and all what she do.

Petar
# Posted: 23 May 2004 22:38

You people are REAL FANS!

RUSLANA FAN
# Posted: 23 May 2004 22:45

Ruslana changed my life.
When I listen to Ruslana´s song I am very happy.
I love you,RUSLANA.

Petar
# Posted: 23 May 2004 22:47

I am listening Wild Dances now for 100. time!!!

Depi
# Posted: 23 May 2004 23:01

I have it in exactly the same way as the most of you. I also hear her music, and I'd LOVE to learn the language! But... I don't think I got the time for it. Wild Dances is not the best song in my opinion. "Svitanok" is my favourite, I bet. But she has changed my life's musictaste. New kind of music is not bad. My musictaste varies A LOT. Danish Mew --> Ukranian Ruslana. There is a huge diffrence. Of this I conclude: To try something new is ALWAYS good!

From Depi with love :-)

Ira
# Posted: 23 May 2004 23:08

Depi:
I agree that "Svitanok" is by the far the best song of Ruslana. Would you like to know the lyrics?? I was trying to translate this song into English, so English-speaking fans could sing along. I've almost finished:-) But I can also write a transliteration of Ukrainian text, as well as a literal translation of the lyrics.
So just tell me if you would like to have it.

Dieter
# Posted: 25 May 2004 14:31

i would like to have it :)

I'm gonna collect all her lyrics. My favorite song would be Znayu Ya ( ). But Svitanok isn't bad either. All her songs are good actually :)

andriy86
# Posted: 25 May 2004 15:03

yes svitanok is a good song
i also like svitlo i tin
and Balada pro princesu

Dieter
# Posted: 25 May 2004 15:05

and kolomyika :)

YanaLR
# Posted: 25 May 2004 15:24

she change my life quite!!!!! because after her won in eurovision song contest i believe in Ukraine, that we will live better! ruslana prove ukraine is european country!!!! and now i proud of my country and of course Rulana!!!!!!

Marko
# Posted: 25 May 2004 18:42

I am very happy about Ruslana wining, because her victory means a bridge between east and west of Europe. We become aware of our big Eastern European nation much more. Many people wants to know more about ruslana, more about Ukraine, its culture ...Exactly as YanaLR said, it means people from Ukraine can be proud and happy. I wish all the best for Ukraine ... Live long, develop and prosper!

Marika
# Posted: 26 May 2004 01:00

I often listen to Ukrainian songs mainly because I miss my language, and it makes me sooooooooooooo proud when someone from the same part as were I originate from makes the rest of the world HEAR our songs and get to FEEL the vitality for life like we do :D

x0x dream x0x
# Posted: 26 May 2004 07:37

Yea, she did in a way.
I haven't been home in Ukraine for um about 5 years now and how I miss Ukraine and everything Ukrainian!
And her music just brings be back and I feel like I'm back home! For the last five years, it has been all about American music and American artists for me, not that it's bad, I love them but I felt I was slowly forgeting the sound of Ukrainian music. They sell a lot of Ukrainian music here, but it's mostly all the same. And then my mom got Dyki Tanci a few weeks ago for me but I never listened to it much and one day when I was at a Ukrainian festival, I heard 'Svitanok' and it was like a snap to reality and I begged my mom to get it. I listen to both CDs now all the time. And what she has done for Ukraine! It's amazing! Reading all the posts, how people found out more about Ukraine and our people thanks to Ruslana, it's awesome! Thank you Ruslana!

Mark
# Posted: 1 Jun 2004 00:04

Hi everyone,
I am a great fan of the Eurovision Song Contest, although it is not considered 'fashionable' in this country (United Kingdom).
I was so pleased when Ruslana won in Istanbul because she and the song really deserved it. It is absolutely fantastic to see the pride that Ukrainians have in her and her victory.
I am British and live in the United Kingdom. It may 'only' have been a song contest, but Ruslana's presence in the contest made me want to find out more about her music in particular, and Ukraine in general. Listening to the rhythms on the "Dyki tantsi" album with their strong ethnic association makes me realise how impoverished our music in the United Kingdom really is at times. The quality of her music is unbelievable. I can't listen to any other music at the moment because it sounds so poor by comparison.
I think it really is the case that Ruslana is a fantastic advertisement for a country with great potential.

Shimrit
# Posted: 1 Jun 2004 00:08

She did in a way, too... After I learned more about her music, I went to research a bit more about the culture of the Carpathian mountains, because she made it sound so interesting, and I found out that the town where my Grandma was born and raised (which was part of Romania at the time) is now part of the Ukrainian Carpathians...

Marika
# Posted: 4 Jun 2004 12:09

That makes you a Hutsul just like me, Shimril,

Shimrit
# Posted: 4 Jun 2004 20:06

Thanks.... I hope I can take a trip there sometime... I'm really anxious to see where my family came from... and apparently my best friend, who moved to Israel from Ukraine when she was 14, is from the same place too :).

vremena_nastali
# Posted: 4 Jun 2004 20:14

It is mine favourite topic. .

lioha
# Posted: 4 Jun 2004 21:31

, , - . , , , !!! , !!!!!!!!!
, !!!!!!!!
- !!!!!!!!!!!!!

lioha
# Posted: 4 Jun 2004 21:32

PS [b][/b] , , ............

Erik_
# Posted: 7 Jun 2004 18:18

I've learnt a lot of things about Ukraine, Ukrainian culture and so on. Before the ESC I didn't know anything at all about Ukraine besides that the capital city is Kiev (or Kyiv?)=D It's good that Ruslana brings a some attention to Ukraine..

Damn, I've even learnt the cyrillic alphabet.. I think:D

And of course I really like her songs, I think "Znayu Ya" is so good! watching the video every time i'm in front of my computer, even though I don't understand a word=D

!

thinks that's russian, but..=D

Marika
# Posted: 8 Jun 2004 09:45

I am so pleased that you are finding out about our wonderful country and I envy you for having the video because I don't have them :(

Mark
# Posted: 8 Jun 2004 10:03

Marika,
I don't know whether this helps, but the video of "Znayu ya" is included on the original release of the "Dyki tantsi" album. Unfortunately, the rereleased album (with all the remixes on) doesn't have it. I don't know whether the original album is still available.
Erik,
I love the video, too, and I don't understand a word either - however, someone very kindly translated it for me on this site.
Best wishes

Erik_
# Posted: 8 Jun 2004 15:23

Mark,

Yea, found a thread with the lyrics after posting my previous post... nice to get a grip about what she's singing=D

One question to someone: What's the difference between russian and ukrainian? Is ukrainian just a russian dialect or are words and grammar different? Like swedish and norwegian. Just curious..
I know, a bit off topic..=J

Nedved
# Posted: 8 Jun 2004 15:51

Erik_ Are you kidding? Ukrainian and russian are very different languages! But we can understand each other.

. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 20 [22 Apr 2021 13:23]

These forums are running on online community software miniBB™ © 2001-2021 admin | Ruslana. Official site