Any1 watch Eurovision Dance contest?

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / Any1 watch Eurovision Dance contest?
Katherine
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 03:24

any1 watch it, it was hosted here in england, i didnt watch it personally but apparently Finland won

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 09:06

Katherine
no...don't know for Eurovision Dance contest

ruslanasite
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 12:27

Katherine

I watched it. Finland won , and Ukraine came second.

Chibi
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 17:00

I didn't. But I know about Ukraine's second place! :D Same as on ESC..

Lussekatt
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 17:21

I regret I didnt see this contest!!!
I found Videos on YouTube from Ukraine

here they dance quickstep Thats a very funny dance, I think it has a cool style with the kicking like that

Here they dance another dance Im not clear what kind of dance this is but they mention "Paso doble" and thats fully possible but then with a very ukrainian touch on it. Very cool, love the music!

The other countries can also be found on YouTube!

Carolus
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 19:48

That contest didn't get mucgh publicity before since it was held for the frist time. I watched some performances , Ukranian as well. I am so glad for our second place, it's cool that the audience liked it :-)

Katherine
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 21:48

it was major here, strictly come dancing is a very popular dance contest show! so it had a lot of veiwers from the UK, infact it had, had more veiwers then ESC for the past three years from UK

Katherine
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 21:51

and as always UK - second from last i thought our dance was so much better then second from last..

ruslanasite
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 21:55

and as always UK - second from last i thought our dance was so much better then second from last..

Juries should come back to Eurovision!

ruslanasite
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 21:56

This is offtopic...

Have you read Ruslana's interview in Azerdbaijan?? She was drunk??

Katherine
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 21:56

ruslanasite

yeah they should!

Katherine
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 21:57

ruslanasite
Have you read Ruslana's interview in Azerdbaijan?? She was drunk??

where is this?

ruslanasite
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 21:59

http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=34172

ruslanasite
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 22:01

Look at the negative reactions from esctoday.com

http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/9174

Katherine
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 22:05

ruslanasite

oh right...

bout the EDC - Brenden Cole is soo hot (the guy who represented UK)

ruslanasite
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 22:07

bout the EDC - Brenden Cole is soo hot (the guy who represented UK)

I saw some pics with him , but I don't think that he is hot. I think that he is really ugly (except his body).

ruslanasite
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 22:08

Katherine

The Greek dancer looks better... and also the dancer from Portugal looks good.

Lussekatt
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 22:20

ruslanasite
This is offtopic...

and fit most appropiate in this topic

cora
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 23:21

Lussekatt
and fit most appropiate in this topic

Yes, I continue the Baku issue in the English topic.

Katherine
# Posted: 4 Sep 2007 02:26

ruslanasite

yeah i spose he isn't the best looking, but when he was on "im a celebrity get me out of here" his body mmmm was gorjus!!!

cora
# Posted: 12 Feb 2009 18:00

From Oikotimes

iTV introduces Baku as host country

Azerbaijan, the Land of Fire, has won the tender to host the Eurovision Dance Contest 2009. In September of this year, the Azerbaijani capital Baku will be transformed into the dancing center of Europe. After London and Glasgow the Eurovision Dance Contest 2009 will take place in the Azerbaijani capital, Baku. The Heydar Aliev Sports and Concert Complex (SCC)* in Baku with the seating capacity of 7800 people has been designated as the Contest venue. This news was officially confirmed by European Broadcasting Union (EBU) on the 2nd of February.

"We are happy to welcome a competition of this stature in our country!" said Azad Ragimov, Azerbaijan's minister of youth and sports, "It is an honor for us to host the Eurovision Dance Contest 2009. Our ministry will lend all necessary support to Ictimai Television, which will be in charge of organizing this event, in cooperation with the European Broadcasting Union. We will spare no effort to elevate the Eurovision Dance Contest to a completely new quality level."

This year Azerbaijan intends to not only produce a high-quality television show, but also ensure the highest possible level of organization of the Eurovision Dance Contest 2009 itself. "First of all, I would like to thank the EBU for its confidence in us as a reliable partner," Ismayil Omarov, Ictimai Director General, said. "For my part, I would like to assure all members of the EBU that we will do everything to make this event spectacular and unforgettable for all of its participants and certainly for millions of European TV viewers."

The Azerbaijani Dance Sport Federation will also be actively involved in the organization of the Contest, alongside Ictimai Television and the Azerbaijani Ministry of Youth and Sports. "We were pleased with the EBU's clear and constructive approach to the Contest organization already at the time of project presentations in December of last year in Geneva," said Murad Ragimov, head of the Azerbaijani Dance Sport Federation. "I am convinced that this cooperation will bear a fruitful result, namely a high-quality spectacular show."

The general contractor in the organization of the Eurovision Dance Contest 2009 will be the Euromedia & Luxen** group of companies. The record of the companies includes the co-production of the Eurovision Song Contest 2005, which took place in Kyiv, Ukraine, the organization of all European concert tours and promotion campaigns of Ruslana, the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2004, as well as the organization of the debut of Azerbaijan in the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 and the Eurovision Dance Contest 2008.

What is new about the Eurovision Dance Contest 2009?
The organizers of the Eurovision Dance Contest 2009 have already announced some novelties that will happen in the Contest next September. Increase in the number of participating countries is one of the priority tasks that the organizers of the Eurovision Dance Contest 2009 set for themselves. The host – a world-famous star. The Contest will be hosted by a world-famous star. Ictimai Television is not disclosing as of yet who of the international celebrities it intends to approach with this offer.

Additional TV product for the EBU members. The organizers have already planned a big show broadcast live across Europe on the eve of the Contest. This additional event will be available for all Eurovision Dance Contest broadcasters and further on to EBU members and will be a special surprise to all Eurovision lovers, whether they prefer the Song Contest, the Junior Song Contest or the Dance Contest. A world-class star will be the highlight of this first-time ever Eurovision extravaganza. Further details are expected in the next months.

The Eurovision Dance Contest 2009 will take place in Baku in September
The Heydar Aliev Sports and Concert Complex (SCC) hosted the following events:
2007 Rhythmic Gymnastics European Championships
2007 FILA Wrestling World Championship
2007 European Taekwondo Championship
2007 World Youth Boxing Championship
2003, 2004, 2005 Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cups

**Euromedia company is the exclusive agent for the marketing of specific European Broadcasting Union's projects in the Balkan Region, Central-Eastern Europe and CIS. EBU granted Euromedia the right to negotiate on behalf of the EBU participation and cooperation in different EBU projects and TV formats of member and non-member media companies of the mentioned countries.

wespecz
# Posted: 12 Feb 2009 18:27

cora
Thank you very much for the valuable informations which you have put on bold!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 3; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on community script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site