ESC 2008 (9)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / ESC 2008
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . 11 . >>
nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 25 May 2008 09:12

aisling
Its not fair that countries like Russia,Armenia ect get hundreds of points and Uk,France and Ireland either get a few points,0 points or dont even qualify.....NOT FAIR
its not about your song,but about your politics

I still don't believe it is policy. But I've watched it only 5 years (ESC) and I get more and more convinced that it is about culture. Judging by me, I've liked always the more Eastern songs and rhythms, they simply sound more attractive to me. It is the place(country) you live in and the style of music you grew up with.

Another example, far from ESC-I don't like the MTV channel at all. However, I like many many older hits from Amerika, for example.

On the other hand, how should I understand it?- the more the countries in Western or Eastern Europe, the more the points for the respective part of Europe and some of its songs. Because it doesn't count how big a country is, but each coubtry gives points and thus, it is more important how MANY countries vote==the smaller and therefore the more the countries are, the more points the relevant part of Europe receives. But I still don't call it policy.

Morozz
Congratulations

haha, and as my opinion was, Ani was in top twogreat, no doubt

Morozz
# Posted: 25 May 2008 09:26

nikoleta_rangelova
. , - 5+. . !!!!!!!!!

, , !!!!! respect!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 25 May 2008 09:37

Morozz
, , !!!!!
wow, thanks, for me it wasn't anything special

Morozz
# Posted: 25 May 2008 09:40

You can download all songs from ESC 2008/
:

URL
See in Mocsow 2009!

andreas2
# Posted: 25 May 2008 09:52

i'm so sorry Ani Lorak, you were so gret, she deserved to win more than ever....... : (

if Ukraine sents a great song like Shady Lady in 2009, they have the win for sure!!

FilCZ
# Posted: 25 May 2008 12:28 - Edited by: FilCZ

Congratulations, Russia.
Dima had 2 famous people on the stage and votes from Eastern Europe were seen, but he won, won. Nobody can do anything with it ;).
And did you see a mistake of Czech spokesperson? She said "10 points go to Armenia", but Armenia got 12 points and 10 got Azerbaijan. And they LIKE IT xD. They through it was great activation for Eurovision :D.

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 25 May 2008 12:59 - Edited by: Iva Barzic

it was fantastic last night...great show everything was great...just beautiful
beograde to je bilo prekrasno...nisam očekivala da ce tako dobro sve to biti al' ste me iznenadili...bravo...čestitke svima a posebno dimi bilanu

dub1
# Posted: 25 May 2008 13:09

. , . , , 43 . . , , . ³, , ⳿, 䳿, ᳿, . , .
, , 1 . , (³...). "" ʳ. !
2004 . , , 12 . , , , . ᳺ . 1 . , .
: 2004 , ( !). ? . , . . ? , Dj- 10- , . : 2- , . ϳ , . "" Dj- . Գ-. , , .
, Lama, .

aisling
# Posted: 25 May 2008 13:15

I am just worried for the future of the Eurovision as we know it. It is us that started this contest and now we may be forced to pull out. Here is one of the headlines from British news today:

Eurovision 'Is Not A Music Contest'

Veteran Eurovision commentator Sir Terry Wogan has said it is time for western European nations to rethink their involvement in the song contest because their chances of winning are "poor". The UK finished joint last this year.

susanne
# Posted: 25 May 2008 13:23

aisling

But terry wogan as a fossile from a museum. A lot of old poeple are complaining in western europe that singers who sing in fifties's style aren't participating anymore. My country won eurovision 4 times and most of the time when there were only 7 countries participating. They cannot stand the fact that they have less chances to win.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 25 May 2008 13:49

My country won eurovision 4 times and most of the time when there were only 7 countries participating

Exactly, before people didn't have much choice, now they have a great variety of songs to choose among.

andreas2
# Posted: 25 May 2008 14:03

i think it's time for Ukraine to sent Ruslana again!! : P

lolz, i really wonder if we are ever again going to see a song/performance in Ruslana's or Helena's class...... :(

susanne
# Posted: 25 May 2008 14:04

This is fun to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DMDCwWzEOs

This south african singer has translated eurovision songs in Afrikaans including the ukrainian entry of 2003. This is a maltese entry. I came across it on the internet. Afrikaans is a variety of Dutch. It is a sort of Dutch creole language spoken in South africa.

nikoleta_rangelova

And about political choices. Franco bribed the jury in the sixties to let Spain win. And Israel got symphaty votes for political reasons. I remember when I was young that Israel ended quite high with ridiculous songs.

Katherine
# Posted: 25 May 2008 14:44

aisling
commentator Sir Terry Wogan

you gotta love terry wogan last night... he was soo funny!!

lampellen
# Posted: 25 May 2008 19:32

dub1

³ ...... ... , ...

aisling
# Posted: 25 May 2008 19:44

Katherine
Yeah!! he was sooo funny! i love the way he just takes the mick!!!
Shur thats all we can do these days!!! He's brill!

Meme
# Posted: 25 May 2008 20:06

³ ...... ... , ...
i!

obw
# Posted: 25 May 2008 20:36

nikoleta_rangelova
I still don't believe it is policy. But I've watched it only 5 years (ESC) and I get more and more convinced that it is about culture.

Exactly! With the arrival of the "new" candidates musical acts uninfluenced by the tradition of western Europe - for the good or for the bad - entered the scene.

far from ESC-I don't like the MTV channel at all. However, I like many many older hits from Amerika, for example.

Welcome to my world.

For f**k's sake, I have become 40 this year, and I have wondered 20 years ago and still am wondering today why some kinds of music are as popular as it seems - like bad (every kind of music has good and bad examples) schlager, for example. Ah well, why should I rant?

WildYennifer
# Posted: 26 May 2008 16:47

I voted for Elnur&Samir. Azerbaijan rules!!!

makula
# Posted: 26 May 2008 17:41

nikoleta_rangelova
I've liked always the more Eastern songs and rhythms, they simply sound more attractive to me. It is the place(country) you live in and the style of music you grew up with.

I totally argree with you, event though i think it wasnt really deserved that Dima won, but thank god "secret combination" didn't win!

wespecz
# Posted: 26 May 2008 17:56

nikoleta_rangelova
makula
I would say simply that eastern music is much more natural than western and that may be also reason why east deserve to vin ESC every year.

andreas2
# Posted: 26 May 2008 19:00

i have to say that Ukraine and Greece are the best countries in ESC recent years!!

but what's happening with "Russia" family is destrying eurovision!!
at least Russia sents good songs!!

for example, this year, the west part of europe gave 62 points to iceland, 7th place where the east europe gave only 2 points!!!
and that's how a great song finished 14th!!!

there's a clear report and analysis on esctoday.com which shows clearly that Russia never deserved to win.....

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 May 2008 19:11

obw
Welcome to my world.

hehe, a common opinion the East and West share here, haha

WildYennifer
voted for Elnur&Samir. Azerbaijan rules!!!
_ok_ asked fans to vote for them, remember?

makula
I totally argree with you, event though i think it wasnt really deserved that Dima won
i also don't like Dima's song very very much. I expressed this point of view(about tastes, that you quated) as an answer to aislings statement that everything is policy and, for example, Eastern countries vote for Eastern, etc.

wespecz
I would say simply that eastern music is much more natural than western and that may be also reason why east deserve to vin ESC every year.

thanks for the nice conclusion

andreas2
Ukraine and Greece are the best countries in ESC recent years!!
i don't like only ua's green jolly

obw
# Posted: 26 May 2008 19:44 - Edited by: obw

nikoleta_rangelova
I also don't like Dima's song very very much.

I find it average, given the archetypical song it's modeled after...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHXpnZi9Hzs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjGNdotSgDY

(I am not saying it is stolen or copied or something like that, it's just that you come up with similar chords to fit a similar mood... and I find the older song way better. (I am missing an "evil grin" smiley)

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 May 2008 20:15

obw
given the archetypical song it's modeled after...
wow! it is really similar, at least the first seconds

obw
# Posted: 26 May 2008 21:06

nikoleta_rangelova
it is really similar, at least the first seconds

You can never go wrong lifting a few chords from a Cat Stevens song.

cora
# Posted: 26 May 2008 21:30

RuslanaTube
I woke up with this comments of yours and was so annoyed of it and wanted to come here and say as Im so fed up with your complains of things not beeing in the way you want it....

Can you imagine that I was just giving information, sharing my impressions. It had NOTHING to do with complaining.

But as soon as I entered the forum to say this there was fast other things making me smile and laugh to read here,

Thanks.

nikoleta_rangelova
We've given 12 points to Germany?! I'm sorry, Cora, for this smile why not for Uaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! hm, because of Lucy Dyakovska probably

The song wasn't good, but that Germany finished almost last again doesn't increase the reputation and popularity of Eurovision over here.

kozi
poland is on the last position :(:(:(:(:(:(

I didn't like the look of the singer, but the song wasn't that bad. Also her voice was good. She didn't deserve the last position.

FilCZ
In the end, I hoped Greece will be the winner, because I didn´t want to win Russia...

For me it was the other way round. I thought the Greek song was somethig you have heard a thousand times before. Better Russia than Greece.

Morozz

Congratulation!

nikoleta_rangelova
_ok_ asked fans to vote for them, remember?

8th place for Azerbaijan is a very good result. Congratulations _ok_!

cora
# Posted: 26 May 2008 21:40 - Edited by: cora

I wanted to show you some impressions from my visit to Belgrade.

The castle is certainly the most interesting and beautiful sight of Belgrade.

Much work for such a small lawn mower

Beautiful view on the point where the river Sava flows into the Danube. The motto of this year's Eurovision "Confluence of sound" was inspired by the confluence of the two rivers. Also the stage design resembled the two confluencing rivers.

The UFO is the Belgrade Arena.

2nd semi final, 22nd May 2008

Belgrade Arena

It was great fun to look at the different creative outfits of the audience.

Malta had a big supporter group. What a pity that they didn't make it.

The photos of the 2nd semi final are not so special. So here is just the end of it, when the artists who made it to the final came on stage again.

cora
# Posted: 26 May 2008 21:41

Dress rehearsal, 23rd May 2008

Birgit and I were very lucky with our seats. For the dress rehearsal we bought bad tickets on the black market (because officially it was sold out), but as the hall was almost empty, we could choose seats very close to the stage.

Ani Lorak

Elnur & Samir from Azerbaijan

It was great fun to see what was happening between the songs, while the TV viewer sees the little films. Within 30 seconds the stage decoration had to be removed, the stage cleaned and the new decoration set up.

Also to watch the cameras and all the technical equipment was interesting.

I really liked the song from Serbia

The winner to be:

Really funny: Even the interviews in the green room were rehearsed, although there was no-one to be interviewed.

cora
# Posted: 26 May 2008 21:42

Finale, 24th May 2008:

The party started already on the square in front of the Arena.

For the final we had very bad tickets too. But our seats where occupied by cameras, so we were seated in the first row of the middle block down in the hall. We thought these were the best possible seats! It was in the middle of the big party. People cheering and dancing on the chairs. As it was the first row of a block, it was enough space to dance and still to see something of the show. It was such a fantastic atmosphere. Really great fun! Enjoy some of the photos which give a small impression of the atmosphere.

CONGRATULATION RUSSIA!!

Belgrade at night.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . 11 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on online community script miniBB™ © 2001-2021 admin | Ruslana. Official site