<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . >>
Tim
# Posted: 26 May 2008 21:57

Cool photo's cora!

Thanks for sharing them :D

wespecz
# Posted: 26 May 2008 21:59 - Edited by: wespecz

cora
THANKS SO MUCH for sharing so much fantastic photos and impressions!!!

The castle is certainly the most interesting and beautiful sight of Belgrade.
Beautiful garden. And in the next picture it's you! Super!!! I've never seen you before. You looks very great!

The UFO is the Belgrade Arena.
*ufo* (Nikoleta knows, this is our moving smilie at MSN)
Modern archicture loves this style.

Birgit and I were very lucky with our seats. For the dress rehearsal we bought bad tickets on the black market (because officially it was sold out), but as the hall was almost empty, we could choose seats very close to the stage.
Lucky you, you should enjoy it very much, then. Was there noisy like in other concerts? It must be really experience to see Eurovision live, even when you know that our beloved Ruslana raised very much after winning this.

It was great fun to see what was happening between the songs, while the TV viewer sees the little films. Within 30 seconds the stage decoration had to be removed, the stage cleaned and the new decoration set up.
And on TV there were some balet dancers. It would be cool if they would show it.

Elnur & Samir from Azerbaijan
Yes, dear _ok_, congratulation for great place!

Really funny: Even the interviews in the green room were rehearsed, although there was no-one to be interviewed.

microphone to nobody! But maybe ghost is interviewed.

People cheering and dancing on the chairs. As it was the first row of a block, it was enough space to dance and still to see something of the show. It was such a fantastic atmosphere. Really great fun!
Glad to read this. See on TV or be near the stage is totally different. Here on TV some songs souns boring but live even boring song must be much more enjoyable!

CONGRATULATION RUSSIA!!
Indeed! And dear Cora, thanks so much again! Really beautiful photos and a lot of effort for sharing.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 May 2008 22:06

cora
The castle is certainly the most interesting and beautiful sight of Belgrade.
castle
Much work for such a small lawn mower

the point where the river Sava flows into the Danube. The motto of this year's Eurovision "Confluence of sound" was inspired by the confluence of the two rivers. Also the stage design resembled the two confluencing rivers.

When they mentioned it on the TV, I remained with the impression that the building and almost the stage were built exactly ON the the point where the river Sava flows into the Danube.......but probably it is just near

The UFO is the Belgrade Arena.
Ufo? wow. why do they call it like this?

Malta...vodka? wow, they started celebrating a bit early, haha

we bought bad tickets on the black market
the closer you get to the East, the blacker the markets become, haha

but as the hall was almost empty
oh, that's a pity. But not for you then

the light effects look different on the photos. and more beautiful, especially the moment with Ani Lorak

Also to watch the cameras and all the technical equipment was interesting.

Oh, there were MANY lights, haha, but...understandable

I really liked the song from Serbia

Even the interviews in the green room were rehearsed, although there was no-one to be interviewed.
omg, haha
so you had access to the green rooM?

Really nice photos! Thanks!

cora
# Posted: 26 May 2008 22:40

wespecz
nikoleta_rangelova
Thanks to both of you for your comments and that you enjoyed it :-)

wespecz
I've never seen you before.

Really? You have to dig some of my older topics, e.g. this one.

Was there noisy like in other concerts?

Oh yes!

Here on TV some songs souns boring but live even boring song must be much more enjoyable

Indeed. You get to experience the songs in a much different way.

nikoleta_rangelova
I remained with the impression that the building and almost the stage were built exactly ON the the point where the river Sava flows into the Danube.

LOL! The hall wasn't built on water.

Ufo? wow. why do they call it like this?

I called it like this. I thought you two UFOs would like it

so you had access to the green rooM?

No. It was shown on the big screens.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 May 2008 22:46

cora
okI didn't dare to ask, I thoughht it would be a fehler thanks for devoting it to the galaxy citizens, hahaha

wespecz
# Posted: 26 May 2008 22:55 - Edited by: wespecz

cora
Really? You have to dig some of my older topics, e.g. this one.
Thank you! Really enjoyable photos again. Ruslana in Germany.

Indeed. You get to experience the songs in a much different way.
That's the same with all the singers. Except Ruslana with who you're enjoying the TV live almost as if you're here.

Thanks for photos from wild MelMek.

obw
# Posted: 26 May 2008 23:26

cora

Great photos! Seems you had fun.

nikoleta_rangelova
This guy here found even more similarities. If you look long enough perhaps every song is a copy.

(And I just learned that the German national anthem is in fact an old Croatian folk song. Now this is knowledge where hilarity ensues. )

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 27 May 2008 05:51

obw
for MAriya Sherifovich there were also some such links somewhere on the forum..........for our very very first song, which participated in ESC 5-6 similar songs were found.....I wonder if there is another UNIQUE song, or it is only......WD

kozi
# Posted: 27 May 2008 15:21

UK, Poland, Andora, Germany, Holland and some more countrys will propobly not participate in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009....

Becouse the show is not anymore a song contest but a politicial contest.... The countrys that will not participate want to open the eyes the CBU, that vouting must be changed

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 27 May 2008 15:29

that vouting must be changed

I wonder why did they change the voting this year? that division of the coutries-which country at which semi to vote-may this has something to do with what you mentioned? To prevent cheating?

FilCZ
# Posted: 27 May 2008 15:51

kozi
not participate
United Kingdom and The Netherlands said their countries will parcipate.
I don´t know, what about Germany, but this country´s got the longest history of Eurovision parcipating.
Don´t know, what to do with voting...some countries are disappointed, in fact...

obw
# Posted: 27 May 2008 18:13 - Edited by: obw

The recipe I see for voting is relatively simple and very workable, now that the televotes are counted automatically.

People in the "old" ESC countries are primarily disappointed because they get 0 points from everywhere, so they say. In the "old days" when only, say, 20 countries were participating each voting gave 50% of the participants 0 points. Statistically it was very improbable that people ended up with no points at all (P=0.5^20 for the mathematically inclined ) or even very few points.

Nowadays you have over 40 nations voting (I stay with 40 for mathematical simplicity, it only gets worse when you take more). So, when you look how improbable is it now to finish up with zero points? In fact this is P=0.75^40, which is by a factor of about 10 higher than the probability of "zero points finish" in the old times.

Also you still get 58 points on average over all votes. And here statistics takes its toll, do you know the oldest statistical joke? If I eat a whole chicken, statistically you and me both ate half a chicken. So, how did your half of the chicken taste? Statistics only shows an average. If you have a bigger sample, both tails of the distribution curve get longer.

This means: The winner has a higher total. You can't have less than 0 points so in that case it means that the score of the worse-than-average songs is higher than in the old days of the ESC. (This is caused by statistics adjusting the area of both halves of the curve - if it can't get longer, it gets higher)
Let's take a look at 2007 and at 1994: 1994, sixth from behind - 15 points. 2007, sixth from behind - 49 points. Winners: 226(1994) and 268 (2007) points.

So, the effects are not only felt, but really mathematically observable. What can be done? One thing that has also become worse is the resolution of the point scale. Statistically you had 58 points to spread over 20 participants, 2.9 points per country. Now you have the same number of points for more than double the number of countries - 1.45 points per country. The resolution has halved, but, as I said, it is easy to bring it up to speed again. You simply have to say "good bye" to a tradition of over 50 years.

The point scale of tradition goes 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Let's up it to 24-22-20-18-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1! Suddenly an artist who is 11th in every televoting (and thus got 0 points in the old scale) gets 400 points (40 nations assumed) which is nearly double the new average of 220 (remember, it was 58 before) and places him firmly in the upper half of the field although he would have ended up with 0 points before. This is the extreme example, I admit. But it clearly shows that a new voting scale could easily change the face of the contest. But you have to sacrifice the Holy Cow Of 12 Points for that, and I don't know if that will happen. Also the semis should stay at the 12 points rule, as that is accurate enough for 25 voting countries.

... wow, I should make some blog entry out of that ...

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 27 May 2008 18:29

obw
I've always respected Maths, but sometimes after the "=" comes =HEADACHE

And here statistics takes its toll, do you know the oldest statistical joke? If I eat a whole chicken, statistically you and me both ate half a chicken. So, how did your half of the chicken taste?
I've also always hated statistics and generalizations

... wow, I should make some blog entry out of that ...
somebody mentioned that there was some such statistics on ESCTODAY.....you may check and correct it

thanks

cora
# Posted: 30 May 2008 15:06

Belgrade concert in high quality:
Part 1
https://download.yousendit.com/C727619F00F485BC
Part 2
https://download.yousendit.com/086415E4777C3EFF
Part 3
https://download.yousendit.com/F578B8E528ACAA0A
Part 4
https://download.yousendit.com/F5D9B0955988A256

RuslanaTube
# Posted: 30 May 2008 15:42

cora
Belgrade concert in high quality

hm....If your links only contain Ruslana then why post them in this topic as well if not containing ESC artists as well.... but I will see when watching your links if they also are there
By the way, cool photos from ESC. Thanks for sharing

cora
# Posted: 30 May 2008 16:44

RuslanaTube
If your links only contain Ruslana then why post them in this topic as well if not containing ESC artists as well....

It doesn't contain other artists. But this is the Belgarde topic, so I think it's suitable here.

Thanks for sharing
Glad you like them :-)

RuslanaTube
# Posted: 30 May 2008 18:07

cora
Glad you like them :-)

yes of course! They remind me of my great memories from my latest live ESC experience in Kyiv 2005. It seemes that the audience gets more spectacular and wilder and wilder for every year

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 30 May 2008 18:15

cora

Thanks. Wild Energy song sounds amazing!

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 31 May 2008 12:35

cora
great photos:-)tnx for sare

WildYennifer
# Posted: 1 Jun 2008 19:00

_ok_ asked fans to vote for them, remember?
I've just seen your post. I decided to watch that show attentively because of ok's post, but when I saw Elnur&Samir's video, I had no doubt - they are worth voting and victory. UA gave them 10 points!

WildYennifer
# Posted: 1 Jun 2008 19:07

If someone is interested, some ESC texts:

Day after day

For peace we pray
Save us from all fears
Oh Lord, save us...

You can feel me in your mind
With every breath you take
Burn the earth with flame of sins
I'll make you feel dismay

Our feelings play with us
But you must keep yourself under control
If you're searching for resolves
Be ready for the tolls

Show us the right way
Day after day
All fears we must forget
Then better world we'll get

If you have the greatest aim
Keep it in your soul
I'll be always by your side
Always in your heart

Our dreams can play with us
Even if we think that we keep control
From all horrors of the world
Salvation is love, love

The earth is in flame
And you must share the blame
Look inside yourself
We both are there

Day after day
Day after day
Day...

Day after day
All fears we must forget

Translation:
(Elnur Huseynov / ):
! !

(Samir Javadzade / ):

:
:

!

:

:

:
, .
:

!

:
:
:
:

Shady lady
You've been my superstar
But it's not what you are
You've been my super hero
Since I've lived in your shade
Every step that I made
Brought me nothing but zero

But I'm staying alive
And now I'm changin' my life
With a burning desire
No one knows who I am
But I don't give a damn
Gonna set you on fire

Shady lady I'm gonna strike like thunder
Are you ready? I wanna make you wonder
Rollin' steady I'm gonna make you shiver
My heart is burning

My heart is burning now

Just take a look at me
Deep inside and you'll see
All I kept under cover
There is one thing I bet
You're about to regret
I'm no longer your lover

I've just turned one more page
I belong to the stage
Baby, don't call me baby

My heart is burning now

(Shady lady)
(Shady lady)

I wanna light you up and leave you alone
I am a brand new star that you've never known
I wanna light you up and leave you alone
I am a brand new star that you've never known

(Shady lady)
(Are you ready?)

My heart is burning now

Guido
# Posted: 1 Jun 2008 19:40

Thanks Cora

susanne
# Posted: 1 Jun 2008 22:16

kozi

Holland wil participate next year. But political voting has always been an issue. A couple of weeks ago it came out that franco had bribed juries all over europe to make Spain win. He wanted to organize eurovision to promote tourism in Spain.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 2 Jun 2008 07:31

now on a MusicTV channel here the Greek ESC '08 s0ng is playing, haha Let's see how many songs will be on the TV misical channels hannela

cora
# Posted: 10 Jun 2008 20:44

AlexandruRo
It seems that someone has deleted your topic. I had posted a reply and then it disappeared. But maybe it is better this way. So, forget about it.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 10 Jun 2008 20:47

cora

It seems that someone has deleted your topic

Quite dissappointing.

RuslanaTube
# Posted: 10 Jun 2008 21:01 - Edited by: RuslanaTube

AlexandruRo

what??!!
I saw your topic and it wasnt on very long before it went lost....although I didnt read all of it before it disappear. It was something around the participants from Azerbaijan ESC. Did they complain on something??

Please tell, what was the issue of the topic!!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 10 Jun 2008 21:05

oooops, I also noticed the topic about Azerbaijan, although I didn't reply. But one day before, there were several posts of me and wespe which disappeared mysteriously from the topic Ypur Beautiful Countries

wespecz
# Posted: 10 Jun 2008 21:08 - Edited by: wespecz

looooooooooooool

I spoted new topic of Alexandru, I clicked on it and received this failure message:

Topic doesn't exist. It was deleted by the administrator, moved to another forum, archived or has never existed. Please visit our forums main page and try searching for this topic.

!!!!!

Another virus or technical error or strong reason to delete the topic?

RuslanaTube
# Posted: 10 Jun 2008 21:10

holy cow, what the heck is going on!?!

<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 7; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on community script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site