What do you think is the recipe for a ESC winner song? (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / What do you think is the recipe for a ESC winner song?
. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
shockwave
# Posted: 2 Jul 2008 15:27

Let's ignore that some countries are winning because of political reasons and tell me your oppinion...What does a ESC song need to become a winner?

RuslanaTube
# Posted: 2 Jul 2008 15:50

What does a ESC song need to become a winner?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 2 Jul 2008 16:11

RuslanaTube

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 2 Jul 2008 16:15

shockwave

If the political voting would dissapear, the winning song will be the most original/best quality song , but as the ESC is a political song contest the winning song comes from CIS countries (Russia , Ukraine , Belarus , Latvia , Lithuania , Estonia , Armenia , Georgia , Moldova , Kazahtan or Azerbaijan) or from the ex-yugoslavic countries (Serbia , Croatia , Montenegro , Kossovo , FYR Macedonia , Bosnia & Herzegovina , Slovenia) , or from the Nordic block (Sweden , Norway , Denmark , Finland , Iceland).

RuslanaTube
nikoleta_rangelova

Ruslana indeed.

wespecz
# Posted: 2 Jul 2008 21:16

What does a ESC song need to become a winner?
RUSLANA

And country need appropriate name to win. Ukraine!

cora
# Posted: 2 Jul 2008 21:31

RuslanaTube
wespecz
Indeed, all you nee is Ruslana and Ukraine

AlexandruRo
You are also right. The remaining countries of the "old Europe" have presented mostly poor quality songs in the past years and that's one reason why they didn't even come close to the top. But even with a good quality song, they would have no chance, as long as the televoting continues to be used.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 2 Jul 2008 22:10 - Edited by: AlexandruRo

cora

I remember that when I watched ESC for the first time in 2005 , I thought that the winner will be United Kingdom, Greece or France. UK was so good. Javine was great. The French song was good also.

Look at what happens to the Junior Eurovision Song Conest. :-o

The participating countries are highlighted with green. Netherlands and Belgium are the only one western European countries participating.

Junior East-Eurovision Song Contest

======

If you can't see the image here , click URL

shockwave
# Posted: 3 Jul 2008 01:06

lol ....I'm afraid that in a few years the senior ESC will be the same

shockwave
# Posted: 3 Jul 2008 19:52

It is very weird though that the ESC started in the west of Europe and it wasn't held there for years......

wespecz
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 11:22

cora
The remaining countries of the "old Europe" have presented mostly poor quality songs in the past years and that's one reason why they didn't even come close to the top.
Indeed I feel the same. I remember that from ESC 2004 I read somewhere that Ruslana rocked boring atmosphere which was there before her - boring slow songs. Why they do it? Why they send slow songs? I think that majority of people wants wildness, not slow and even sad songs. Sorry to all the people who like tehem but I don't.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 14:10

wespecz
I remember that from ESC 2004 I read somewhere that Ruslana rocked boring atmosphere which was there before her - boring slow songs.
I've read the same. And when I watched ESC04 in 2005, I saw it myself. When Ruslana appeared the audience just woke up

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 16:27

wespecz

ESC 2000 - ballad
ESC 2001 - up-tempo
ESC 2002 - up-tempo
ESC 2003 - up-tempo
ESC 2004 - up tempo wild
ESC 2005 - up-tempo
ESC 2006 - up-tempo
ESC 2007 - ballad
ESC 2008 - ballad

It seems that Europe started to like ballads again after 6 up-tempo songs won the ESC in the last 8 years.

This is Europe! Stupidness! If a ballad wins the contest , next year more than 60% of the participatings songs are ballads.

Lets remember the ESC 2005. Every song had a 'Ruslana thing' in it.

shockwave
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 17:50 - Edited by: shockwave

Wespecz:And country need appropriate name to win. Ukraine!

Don't exagerate.....Ukraine won just once...

shockwave
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 17:56

AlexandruRo

This is Europe! Stupidness! If a ballad wins the contest , next year more than 60% of the participatings songs are ballads

Yeah you're right...Every new contestant steals something from the last year winner..

I think in 2005 the songs of UK and Albania tried this tactic the most..

But the most hilarous is Finland
Since they won they are sending only rock songs ....

wespecz
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 21:34

AlexandruRo
ESC 2000 - ballad
ESC 2001 - up-tempo
ESC 2002 - up-tempo
ESC 2003 - up-tempo
ESC 2004 - up tempo wild
ESC 2005 - up-tempo
ESC 2006 - up-tempo
ESC 2007 - ballad
ESC 2008 - ballad

Exactlyyyyyyyyyyy! I liked only Eurovision 2003 and 2004 winners honestly. Why Europe send slow boring songs? People wants wildness, not this!

Lets remember the ESC 2005. Every song had a 'Ruslana thing' in it.
Yes Ruslana's style was very popular. A lot of singers used similar elements like her. That's one of the reasons that she did the best song of ESC ever!

shockwave
Don't exagerate.....Ukraine won just once...
Please visit topic What do you think about Dima Bylan? Almost all of us don't like him and Ani Lorak with wild song was second although we liked her. Not Dima. And I remember Verka Serduchka as Ruslana and Ani.
But not much from other countries. Ukraine rocks.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 22:22

It seems that Europe started to like ballads again after 6 up-tempo songs won the ESC in the last 8 years.

so this way we can calculate when Ruslana has to participate in ESC to make the next stunnung victory

wespecz
hahahaha, Kalki againgreat

wespecz
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 23:36

nikoleta_rangelova
so this way we can calculate when Ruslana has to participate in ESC to make the next stunnung victory
Eurovision need to be rocked. And who could do it? One candidate, vote now.

Voting has been ended. Hop Ruslana let's go!

hahahaha, Kalki againgreat
Oopsie I'm spamming with him today.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 23:42

wespecz
nikoleta_rangelova

Sincerelly I think thatv Ruslana could actually win the ESC with any of this songs : "New Energy Generation" , "Dancing In The Sky" , "Heaven Never Make us Fall" , "Vohon' chy lid" , "Not For Sale" or "Drum 'n' Dance".

wespecz
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 23:54

AlexandruRo
Indeed! My favorites are especially new Energy Generation, Vohon Chy Lid and Not For Sale ... and also Drum'n'dance ... but song need to be old not more than one year if I'm right. Theese songs are powerful, Dancing in the sky and Heaven never makes us fall are not as theese before.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 23:58 - Edited by: AlexandruRo

wespecz
I liked only Eurovision 2003 and 2004 winners honestly

Here is my personal review of Sertab's 2004 album "No Boundaries".

1. Here I Am. It reminds me of her winning ESC songs. Up-tempo song with pure Turkish pop elements and Sertab's opera singer voice fits well the contrast bvetween the backing vocals and the main voice. Very good song.

2. Breathe In Deeper. It starts with an American pop feel into it. In fact, this song is very Americanized. The chorus souds very nice and it's very catchy.

3. Everyway That I Can. This song was a titanic hit in Europe. No comment! Brilliant!

4. Got Me Like Oh. American singer Gia Farell made a cocer of this song. This hasn't any Turkish influence and it just sounds great. Sertab's voice fits well the song.

5. I Believe. Finally something not pop. An electro track which makes you dance.

6. Leave. Here Sertab's voice travels 5 octaves to the soprano range. Very lyrical and deep.

7. It Takes More. The chorus is the onlu thing I like about this song. The intro is chaotic.

8. Back To The Beach. This simply don't works on me. Turkish pop.

9. Storms. The second ballad of the album. It souds 70's.

10. Love Bites. Nice.

11. "The One". Nice too

12. "Here I Am remix". This version souds better than the original one.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 23:59

AlexandruRo
Sincerelly I think thatv Ruslana could actually win the ESC with any of this songs : "New Energy Generation" , "Dancing In The Sky" , "Heaven Never Make us Fall" , "Vohon' chy lid" , "Not For Sale" or "Drum 'n' Dance".

yes, me too, no doubt that I think so. but may be it is only a matter of personal taste. But may be not dancing in the sky..what is also importaant for me is that the lyrics in Ruslana's songs are meaningful, not some endless repetition of some phrase: "love you, can't live without you" which spoils the real meaning of these words.....(don't count D&D in the meaningful phrases, but it would have enormous success, I think, simply because it loads you with energy)

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 23:59

wespecz

Heaven Never Make us Fall is a very lyrical and intense song. Dancing In The Sky is very comercial.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 00:01

nikoleta_rangelova

I was thinking yesterday. Could someone count how much songs have the "love" word in them?

shockwave
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 00:08 - Edited by: shockwave

AlexandruRO

I was thinking yesterday. Could someone count how much songs have the "love" word in them?

Too many....Kohania here , kohania there...Kohania is EVERYWHERE

Auzi Alex ai vreo idee daca cartea despre Ruslana...s-a lansat si in Romania? Macar in engleza de-o fi

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 00:15 - Edited by: AlexandruRo

shockwave

Auzi Alex ai vreo idee daca cartea despre Ruslana...s-a lansat si in Romania? Macar in engleza de-o fi

Nu. S-a lansat pana acum doar in Rusia , Ucraina si Polonia. Dar sigur o sa apara si versiunea in engleza

shockwave
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 00:16 - Edited by: shockwave

ahhhhh.....adica a aparut varianta in poloneaza si nu in engleza....=)) lol

wespecz
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 00:20

AlexandruRo
LOL thanks! I know only Here I am and Every way that I can ... from Youtube. I haven't searched more.

I love videoclip to Every way that I can ... theese men fighting in rotating arena ... wow.

nikoleta_rangelova
This is again Ruslana. Unique!

AlexandruRo
I'm thinking who has so much songs and albums named wild. Just great, I love this! , please never stop your wildness and wilding!

wespecz
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 00:21

shockwave
English, please.

shockwave
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 00:26

I think Ruslana should start representing other countries at ESC.......Starting with ROmania

shockwave
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 00:27

Sorry Wespecz...For a second I was too lazy to think in english

. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on free forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site