What do you think is the recipe for a ESC winner song? (2)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / What do you think is the recipe for a ESC winner song?
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
wespecz
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 01:14

shockwave
I think Ruslana should start representing other countries at ESC.......Starting with ROmania
How could Ruslana represent other counties? She's from Ukraine.

Sorry Wespecz...For a second I was too lazy to think in english
Okey variable in Polish but not in British?

shockwave
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 01:33

wespecz

How could Ruslana represent other counties? She's from Ukraine.
That is something that happens really often in Europe...
For example this year , at Romanian national selection a swedish band took second place...They were at one step to represent us

Celine Dion is canadian and she represented Switzerland and won..

So every band and singer could represent other countries...

Okey variable in Polish but not in British?

Sorry I couldn't understand what you are trying to say........

wespecz
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 01:37

shockwave
That is something that happens really often in Europe...
I could not immagine Ruslana doing this. I don't know better patriot than she is.

Sorry I couldn't understand what you are trying to say........
I used translator for your message writting in Romanian. Please help.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 08:40 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

AlexandruRo
was thinking yesterday. Could someone count how much songs have the "love" word in them?
I was thinking exactly about that-Ruslana sings ablout love but not in the usual, ordinary, boring way. She says the same, avoiding this word in, may be, all her songs(I mean in WD and Amazonka) , except Wild Dances and I'm not really sure about amazonka, but I'm speaking in general

shockwave
Kohania is EVERYWHERE
It is, indeed,but not in the way it is in those one-day pop hits, where the only rhymed words are "you" and "too/to"

wespecz
I could not immagine Ruslana doing this. I don't know better patriot than she is.

Neither can I

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 16:03

wespecz

Here I Am is the videoclip with the fight. Everyway That I Can is the one with roses and belly dances.

wespecz
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 20:33

nikoleta_rangelova
I was thinking exactly about that-Ruslana sings ablout love but not in the usual, ordinary, boring way.
Yes only usual singers sings slow songs about love or something like it - in bad mood - and you forget them very fast. Not Ruslana.

Kohania
When I hear this beautiful word it's reminding me Zefran Kochran - person from Startrek who constructed first warp engine.

AlexandruRo
Here I Am is the videoclip with the fight. Everyway That I Can is the one with roses and belly dances.
I only downloaded her videos from Youtube and forgot. It was Ruslana who stayed in my heart. This performance of Everyway That I can was with four girls - who are they? I'm not very sure in this issue.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 21:02

wespecz

That girls are Sertab's dancers. Ruslana sung "Here I Am" in duet with Sertab after the Ukrainian victory in Istanbu.

wespecz
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 21:52

AlexandruRo
That girls are Sertab's dancers.
Sertab Zhyttya?

Ruslana sung "Here I Am" in duet with Sertab after the Ukrainian victory in Istanbu.
LOL! Thanks I haven't know this. I know only interview with Sertab which is also on Youtube. But this singing you're talking about would be really rare audio or video. Do you know where to find it, please?

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 6 Jul 2008 00:25

wespecz

Sorry, I don't know. It were posted photos here from their performance. Ruslana was wearing her 2004 ESC winning costume and Sertab a beautiful black dress (I think that is the same dress from the Here I Am videoclip).

wespecz
# Posted: 6 Jul 2008 15:51

AlexandruRo
Doesn't matter. So Ruslana has costume from The Same Star and Sertab from Here I Am videoclip. Good to know.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 6 Jul 2008 17:59

wespecz

No. ruslana has the wild dances costume.

wespecz
# Posted: 6 Jul 2008 18:08

AlexandruRo
It's the same.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 6 Jul 2008 18:25

AlexandruRo
wespecz
the problem is whether you're talking about the costume she wears live or in the videos, I think. In the videos of WD and TSS the costume is the same, but in live performances, WD costume is the WD costume and TSS is the red one I think

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 6 Jul 2008 18:27

wespecz

Sorry. I was thinking at the live performances. On The TSS video clip Ruslana wears the wild dances cortume. The TSS costume is the red one from the Eurovision Song Contest 2005.

nikoleta_rangelova

Yes, you're right.

wespecz
# Posted: 6 Jul 2008 18:31

nikoleta_rangelova
AlexandruRo
Ruslana loves to change her costumes and even combine them. The Same Star has been performed many times and a lot of time with different costumes. Yes I meant videoclip where is usually only one costume. In The Same Star are some more costumes but only one from them has been used in the live performance so far.

Esther
# Posted: 15 Jul 2008 01:58

I don't know what's a good receipe but I suggest the other countries take Ukraine as an example.

They are doing very well in the contest.

They always got into the final exept for 2003 as there was no semi final yet and in 2005, greenjolly became 16th in the semi.

2003 - 14th Olexandr
2004 - RUSLANA THE WINNER!!!
2005 - 19th Greenjolly
2006 - 7th Tina Karol
2007 - 2nd Verka Serduchka
2008 - 2nd Ani Lorak

wespecz
# Posted: 15 Jul 2008 03:49

Esther
I think that Verka Serduchka received so great place because he was unique - as Ruslana was. And Ani Lorak has got fast enjoyable song - as Ruslana had. Ukrainians are bringing to ESC what people wants - resourceful original wild songs which you remember and enjoy. Not boring slow songs. That's a lot of theese songs in ESC every year.

shockwave
# Posted: 17 Jul 2008 00:58

I think that Verka Serduchka received so great place because he was unique - as Ruslana was. And Ani Lorak has got fast enjoyable song - as Ruslana had. Ukrainians are bringing to ESC what people wants - resourceful original wild songs which you remember and enjoy. Not boring slow songs. That's a lot of theese songs in ESC every year.

Yeah.....I agree that energic songs are perfect for ESC..

But in the last two years only slow songs won

But I can bet that in a few years Romania will win the ESC ..Our singers are starting to ,,feel'' the recipe for this contest...

I hope ESC 2012 Bucharest

wespecz
# Posted: 17 Jul 2008 01:04

shockwave
But in the last two years only slow songs won
Oh indeed how they could send theese people to the Eurovision, it's becomming boring. Sorry to all the people who like slow and not wild sounds.

But I can bet that in a few years Romania will win the ESC ..Our singers are starting to ,,feel'' the recipe for this contest...
Good luck!

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 17 Jul 2008 12:27

shockwave

That was funny! LOL x 10000000

Romania will win the ESC when I'll be 1990 years old.

shockwave
# Posted: 19 Jul 2008 13:10 - Edited by: shockwave

AlexandruRo
Romania will win the ESC when I'll be 1990 years old.
You are saying that because Romania has very bad singers at the moment.....I agree

But what if one day an anonymus, a very good singer will appear out of nowhere with a stunning song that could win...wouldn't you change yout oppinion?

But I think I know what the recipe of a ESC winner song is , by analizing the former winners from 2000 untill now:

2000- I think that the lyrics were succesfull there...Because the melody wasn't so great :P
2001-very catchy song...nice chorus
2002-very nice show
2003-very good melody
2004- all of the elements I said untill now and I will say further (except the lyrics )
2005-The body...Helena is hot
2006-The clothes and costumes are very important...Who would espect 6 monsters on the stage
2007-the message of the song...even though the song was in serbian I think that everyone could understand the hidden message of the song
2008-MISTAKE

So a eurovision song needs:good lyrics, a good chorus ( the chorus needs very much attention because it is the core of the song),a good show,a good melody, good-looking singers, good clothes and a good message . ( and striping on the scene with a Stradivarius violin and Plushcenko behind you )

If a participant has all this , winning is inevitable..

Oh and I forgot,,You will probaly ask me why haven't I mention that you need a good voice...Well I don't think You need one,...If you have all that I mentioned earlier , that could cover this lack

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 19 Jul 2008 13:27

shockwave
I don't remember the name of 2005 performers, but I lllove them!! I have this song-let me try?? They were stunning with those improvised drums-barrels

shockwave
# Posted: 19 Jul 2008 13:40

nikoleta_rangelova
Luminita Anghel & Sistem-Let me try...Very good song...The best that ever represented Romania

wespecz
# Posted: 19 Jul 2008 21:05

First, I'm impressed how much Ruslana's fans are interrested in Eurovision - I mean not only in Ruslana's issue in it. Before I joined you Eurovision was only Ruslana for me.

How to win Eurovision?

1) People must like the song. My oppinion: Slow boring song - only one which will fall to the box of all the Eurovision songs and everybody will forget it fast.

2) Prejudices about singer's country may have influence to the voters.

So again how to win Eurovision? You need to be singer named Stepanivna Lyzhichko.

shockwave
2008-MISTAKE
Indeed. It's exactly the song as I described in 1) as song which could not win. But never mind.

So a eurovision song needs:good lyrics, a good chorus ( the chorus needs very much attention because it is the core of the song),a good show,a good melody, good-looking singers, good clothes and a good message . ( and striping on the scene with a Stradivarius violin and Plushcenko behind you )

Oh and I forgot,,You will probaly ask me why haven't I mention that you need a good voice...Well I don't think You need one,...If you have all that I mentioned earlier , that could cover this lack

Yes you need great show as we know. But voice of the singer is main thing that's needed - even good lyrics, chorus and show may not save the singer if voice is bad. But singer like this won't join ESC probably.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 19 Jul 2008 21:39 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

wespecz
First, I'm impressed how much Ruslana's fans are interrested in Eurovision - I mean not only in Ruslana's issue in it.
It was ESC 2005 that brought my first "Ruslana-live" on TV and HOF And later I started following any news about ESC because, (I've mentioned it many times, sorry) here there wasn't any news about Ruslana, and this was the only "show" around which I could hear something

So again how to win Eurovision? You need to be singer named Stepanivna Lyzhichko.
okay, if I ever decide to participate, I'll go and change my ID

but I do think that the singer's voice is important. Everything all of you mention so far is important. But the voice is not on the last place. If Ruslana's voice had the pitch of a "opening a rusty old door", I don't think she would have won, no matter how wild her costume, dancers and lyrics are. This is a song contest after all, not a fashion review.

But singer like this won't join ESC probably.
Indeed. Singer with a bad voice wouldn't be let there at all.

And the melody. IT Is the second most important I think, Or the first, I can't tell. But if WD was sang by that Uzbech singer (we were shown a video on youtube some time ago) first, I wouldn't like the song. This is how the voice changes the song, WD sung by Ruslana and WD sung by that singer have nothing in common.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 19 Jul 2008 21:48

Sakis Rouvas will reprsent Greece at the ESC 2009 (I hope that he will die live on stage during his performance)

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 19 Jul 2008 21:53

AlexandruRo
why are you so unfriendly towards other contestants???????

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 19 Jul 2008 22:03

nikoleta_rangelova

I hate stupidness. That people that I hate (Dima , Sakis,etc) are promoting stupidness. Too much stupidness!

For example, Sakis is an athlete. He can't sing live. When he performed at the Eurovision Song Contest 2004. He had 3 backing singers with him on stage. In fact. Sakis made playback at the ESC 2004. He let the backing singers sing and he just moved his lips. The only thing he said on stage was "Thank you". Why I should not hate him?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 19 Jul 2008 22:08

AlexandruRo
I see your point, especially after that video with Dima you showed me, but when I read what you've written, I admit that somebody else somewhere (why not) may write the same about Ruslana without a plausible reason.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 19 Jul 2008 22:15

nikoleta_rangelova

Well, that's my opinion. Usually stupid people can't understand what Ruslana means. So, if you see such nagative reaction to Ruslana , don't pay attention. The world is full of stupid people.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 3; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on online community script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site