Ruslana @ Eurovision DANCE contest 2009 in Baku?

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / Ruslana @ Eurovision DANCE contest 2009 in Baku?
Ruthen
# Posted: 19 Mar 2009 22:23 - Edited by: Ruthen

http://www.eurovisiondance.tv/page/news?id=1905

As previously announced, the Azerbaijani capital Baku will be transformed into the dancing center of Europe, hosting the 3rd Eurovision Dance Contest later this year.

After London and Glasgow, the Eurovision Dance Contest will take place in the Heydar Aliev Sports and Concert Complex (SCC) in Baku, with a seating capacity of 7800 people.

"We are happy to welcome a competition of this stature in our country," said Azad Ragimov, Azerbaijan's minister of Youth and Sports, "It is an honor for us to host the Eurovision Dance Contest in 2009. Our ministry will lend all necessary support to Ictimai Television, which will be in charge of organizing this event, in cooperation with the European Broadcasting Union. We will spare no effort to elevate the Eurovision Dance Contest to a completely new quality level."

This year, Azerbaijan intends not only to produce a high-quality television show, but also ensure the highest possible level of organization of the Eurovision Dance Contest 2009 itself.

"First of all, I would like to thank the EBU for its confidence in us as a reliable partner," Ismayil Omarov, Ictimai Director General, said. "For my part, I would like to assure all members of the EBU that we will do everything to make this event spectacular and unforgettable for all of its participants and certainly for millions of European TV-viewers."

The Azerbaijani Dance Sport Federation will also be actively involved in the organization of the contest, alongside Ictimai Television and the Azerbaijani Ministry of Youth and Sports.

"We were pleased with the EBU's clear and constructive approach to the Contest organization already at the time of project presentations in December in Geneva," said Murad Ragimov, head of the Azerbaijani Dance Sport Federation. "I am convinced that this cooperation will bear a fruitful result, namely a high-quality spectacular show."

The general contractor in the organization of the Eurovision Dance Contest 2009 will be the Euromedia & Luxen Group of Companies. They have co-produced the 2005 Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv, Ukraine, organized all European concert tours and promotion campaigns of Ruslana, the winner of the 2004 Eurovision Song Contest, as well as the the debut of Azerbaijan at the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest and the 2008 Eurovision Dance Contest.
What is new about the Eurovision Dance Contest in 2009?

The contest will be hosted by a world-famous star, the Host
Broadcaster announced. Ictimai Television is not disclosing as of yet who they intend to approach.

The organizers have already planned a big show broadcast live across Europe on the eve of the contest. This additional event will be available for all EBU members and will be a special surprise to all Eurovision lovers, whether they prefer the Song Contest, the Junior Song Contest or the Dance Contest. A world-class star will be the highlight of this first-time ever extravaganza. Further details are expected in the next months.

The Eurovision Dance Contest 2009 will take place in Baku in September.

wespecz
# Posted: 20 Mar 2009 02:00

Ruthen
Thanks for the article.

In the first article which you have made in bold there is mentioned what Luxen Studio did for Ruslana, great! But in the last one which you have highlighted the most, as they talk about some special show, I hope that our sonce will be there, too.

cora
# Posted: 20 Mar 2009 08:14

Ruthen
Thanks a lot for the information!

wespecz
as they talk about some special show, I hope that our sonce will be there, too.

Sounds like Ruslana

By the way here is a video about Euromedia.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 20 Mar 2009 11:28

Ruthen
Thank you. Very good news. I hope Ruslana will be there too.

marte
# Posted: 20 Mar 2009 11:38

Which countries are participating in this contest?

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 20 Mar 2009 11:43

marte
Countries from Europe.

marte
# Posted: 20 Mar 2009 11:58

Olena Soltysyak
I don't think my country have ever participated. At least I've never seen it on TV.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 20 Mar 2009 12:04

marte
Sorry, I do not know about Norway. This context is still young. Not like Eurovision. But may this year your country will take place, who knows?
Ukraine takes part in it every year.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 20 Mar 2009 12:25

I also hear about this for the first time

cora
By the way here is a video about Euromedia.

Thanks.

And, is this at 1:37/38 the Bulgarian flag/colours in a vertical position?! If it is, strange, we have never had Eurovision Dance contest on TV and in ESC we participated for the first time in 2005.

And the very first seconds of the video, are these our wild dancers? In pirate costumes?

cora
# Posted: 20 Mar 2009 14:02

nikoleta_rangelova
And, is this at 1:37/38 the Bulgarian flag/colours in a vertical position?!

No. It's just three sunblinds standing in the corner

And the very first seconds of the video, are these our wild dancers? In pirate costumes?

Yes. Looks like a split second from the Baku or Belgrade show.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 22 Mar 2009 10:20

Ruthen
Where did you get this info.? It is very interesting.

kozi
# Posted: 22 Mar 2009 10:25

In reality this con test should be in poland becouse poland won in 2008 but TVP don't want to organize that -_- HATE POLAND!

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 22 Mar 2009 10:31

kozi
I know about this contest, Ukraine takes part in it every year. I just was wondering about (that Luxen comp. will organi. it). I was surprized. But it is good idea. But it means under Luxen- Olexander Ksenofontov, yes, or no.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 22 Mar 2009 11:28

Olena Soltysyak
Where did you get this info.? It is very interesting.

He provided a link at the beginning of his first post.

But it means under Luxen- Olexander Ksenofontov, yes, or no.

I took it as "yes".

wespecz
# Posted: 22 Mar 2009 12:22

Olena Soltysyak
But it is good idea. But it means under Luxen- Olexander Ksenofontov, yes, or no.

What do you mean? Does Olexandr own Luxen?

cora
# Posted: 22 Mar 2009 16:13

wespecz
What do you mean? Does Olexandr own Luxen?

Luxen is the company of Oleksandr and Ruslana. Oleksandr is the director.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 23 Mar 2009 10:10 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

cora
No. It's just three sunblinds standing in the corner
OmG, thanks.

Does anybody know how are the countries participants selected? Is it a matter of wish of a country or does a country need to be elected according to any criteria?

There is a little on wiki, but yet it is not mentioned how exactly the countries are chosen. More countries were allowed to participate, however not many did. Does it mean that it depends on a country's wish?

cora
# Posted: 23 Mar 2009 10:48

nikoleta_rangelova
More countries were allowed to participate, however not many did. Does it mean that it depends on a country's wish?

Yes, I think so. But a country has to be member of the EBU.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 23 Mar 2009 13:51

wespecz
I have got the answer already.
cora
Thank you for the link. It is grest. They always have perfect shows.

wespecz
# Posted: 23 Mar 2009 18:10

Olena Soltysyak
Thank you for the link. It is grest. They always have perfect shows.
I see. I was asking something, not giving an answer at this time.

cora
Luxen is the company of Oleksandr and Ruslana. Oleksandr is the director.
Thank you for the explaination!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on discussion forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site