Am I the only British person here??

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / Am I the only British person here??
Paris
# Posted: 27 May 2004 23:32

Any other Brits out there? Or non-Brits in the UK??

*Waves to everyone, wherever you're from*

Was Eurovision the first time you'd come across Ruslana?

"Wild Dances" is out in the UK on June 7th - let's hope it does as well as I think it will. The video is ALL over The Box music channel.

Apparently Ruslana has performances planned in this country - I'll be there with two children in tow. My youngest daughter has decided to change her name to Ruslana (previously she decided her name was "Victoria" after the white cat in "Cats" (the musical) ... apparently the name I gave her wasn't good enough! :>>>>

Talk soon, hugs and kisses - does anyone want to teach me Ukrainian? I speak several other languages so I promise to be a good student! :>

Paris
http://wilddances.bravehost.com - the first of its kind

herman
# Posted: 28 May 2004 22:22

why do you think it is the first in english?

Paris
# Posted: 28 May 2004 22:25 - Edited by: Paris

Because I couldn't find any others before I put the site up and there definately aren't any other Ruslana sites based in England either :>

pancake
# Posted: 29 May 2004 12:06

hey paris
hmm, i'm not really british, but i had been studying in wales for two years, being a ukrainian canadian mysel.
sure, we can all teach you ukrainian. when do we start? hey in ukrainian is "prywit" pronounced as "priveet" and thanks is "djakuju" pronounced as "dyakuyu"

Paris
# Posted: 30 May 2004 00:22

Prywit, pancake and djakuju for my first two words of Ukrainian :>>

pancake
# Posted: 30 May 2004 02:30

you are welcome = proshu
and = 'ta' or 'i'(this is pronounced as 'ee' in fEEt) whichever sounds better in the sentence
yes = tak
no = ni ('nee')

Spacytoon
# Posted: 30 May 2004 04:14

Hi people!how are you?:)
let me take part in this ,too?:)

I love you=ya tebe kohaiu/lublu [ya tebe kohaiu/liubliu]
How are you?=yak spravy?[iak spravi]
Good luck!=hai schastyt'[hai shchastit'/soft 't']

Ruslana's best!!Ruslanka naikrascha!!:)

Stanislaw
# Posted: 30 May 2004 08:57

Hey! Well, I'm Ukrainian but I study in former british colony of .... New-York :)

I just found this site and really glad that I did!

You're so lucky for having Ukraine come to you... I don't think this would happen in America, for most of the inhabitants here prefer rap....

Spacytoon
# Posted: 30 May 2004 09:07

Welcome Stanislaw,always!:)
hope you'll enjoy your staying and find many friends here:)
maybe you are the person who will show those people new ray of light of this Music?..

..just adore Ruslana!:)

Stanislaw
# Posted: 30 May 2004 19:45

I don't know Spacytoon :) I think it's just easier to increase the speed of time so I can get back to my beloved european UKRAINE :)

<h1> R U S L A NA !!!! </h1>

Paris
# Posted: 31 May 2004 00:28

Djakuju, Spaceytoon! Yak spravy?

Mark
# Posted: 31 May 2004 12:52

Paris,
You are not the only Brit here!
I am British and had not heard of Ruslana until she was selected for Eurovision (I'm a big Eurovison fan and have been for years!).
However, I must have been impressed because I bought two of her albums in early April before the contest! Usually, I have four or five favourites in the contest beforehand and support several songs.
This year, I was such a Ruslana fan before the contest I had only one to support! So her win was the greatest of them all, in fact.
We even had blue and yellow balloons in the lounge when watching the contest!
Great news about the single being released on June 7th. Same day as the official DVD of the contest, I believe!

Paris
# Posted: 4 Jun 2004 23:28

Hi Mark! Didn't see this as the thread was on page 2. Nice to see another Brit :>

http://wilddances.bravehost.com

palemoonlight
# Posted: 19 Jun 2004 00:40

Hey there! Just joined this forum !

Spacytoon
# Posted: 21 Jun 2004 02:20

ou,Paris,duzhe dobre,diakuu!!A vy yak?:)
i vybachte za taku pizniu vidpovid'!! =
and sorry for such a late reply!!

all British are warmly welcomed here,just as other nations also!!

Ruslana- naikrascha!:)

_sick_driver_
# Posted: 21 Jun 2004 04:26 - Edited by: _sick_driver_

Spacytoon
oy, seriously its not easy to give off european influence here in Canada either :[ well unless the people follow their own background ethnicity. But the only way you could exploit Ruslana is through the two ukrainian programs which are on once a week...

[.νΰςΰλκΰ.]

Marika
# Posted: 23 Jun 2004 09:38 - Edited by: Marika

At least you have Ukrainian programs. In England we don't have any

I spent a whole month in Canada and loved every minute of it so much that even though 22 years have passes I still remember my holiday as though it happened yesturday. I have a lot of respect for Canadians and think they are brilliant...especially those of Ukrainian descent

Christiane
# Posted: 23 Jun 2004 13:50

Marika
the animated GIF`s are nice, where have you got that from?

_sick_driver_
# Posted: 23 Jun 2004 18:39

Marika
aww, well you could start your own ukrainian program ;]
and also, you could come back to Canada for another vacation--you know a lot of things changed over the years [even though i wasn't around 22 year ago, but i could still tell you many things have changed within the 16 years of my life].
Btw, thnx for the comments `bout Canadians :]

[.νΰςΰλκΰ.]

Stuart
# Posted: 23 Jun 2004 21:27

Yes, there are some brits here but not in negeland. i am in the netherlands but Kiev and now Ruslana has a special place in my heart. Have you been to kiev?

Ira
# Posted: 23 Jun 2004 21:45

Oh, Stuart, how nice! I am from Kiev and I am now in the Netherlands too. In which part of the Netherlands do you live? I live in Utrecht and work at Leiden university.

Marika
# Posted: 24 Jun 2004 09:28

Chistiane
I am an avid collector of animated gifs/smilies/blinkies. Am in the middle of sorting out my web site and will give you the link so that you can take a look at my wide collection

Νΰςΰλΰ
No need to thank me for my comments about Canadians, because I was only telling the truth. I was treated like a VIP everywhere I went and EVERYONE was so friendly to me. It was the best holiday I ever had, and I am so pleased that I have lots of happy/fond/everlasting memories to keep with me forever.

_sick_driver_
# Posted: 24 Jun 2004 20:03

Μΰπ³κΰ
lol alright :]

[.νΰςΰλκΰ.]

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 8; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on easy forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2021 admin | Ruslana. Official site