ESC 2010 OSLO NORWAY !!! (11)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / ESC 2010 OSLO NORWAY !!!
<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . >>
Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 26 May 2010 15:48 - Edited by: Olena Soltysyak

stanley

Since I plan to learn some Ukrainian during my holiday

It is great, though the language is very difficult.

I've started with Eurovision performers from Ukraine, and I found that both Alyosha and Svetlana Loboda sing in Russian. Why is that so?

Yes, to my regret, they sing mostly Russian. It loks like they do not care about their native language-Ukrainian.

but shouldn't artists promote the national language as a part of Ukrainian culture?

Of course, they must promote their language and culture, but I can't call such singers Ukrainian singers.
In our capital, many people, mostly all, speak Russian. Only in the Western part of Ukraine you may hear Ukrainian language, we have such nation, though I can't say that we have nation, because I consider when you are nation of that country you must promote your own language and traditions.

And what with the Russian performer from the last year Eurovision? I know she is Ukrainian, and part of her song was in Ukrainian, but I really couldn't find much more information about her.

Yes, she is from Ukraine, but last year she performed for Russia. When we had ESC-2009 (selection in Ukraine) she lost, then she went to Russia where people voted for her, it's how she went for Russia. Her songs mostly are in Russian language too, you see, many-very many Ukrainian singers sing in Russian and speak Russian, and it is very sad. Even Ruslana speaks Russian, esp. behind the cameras, I mean after the performances, and sometimes (rare) during them.

I don't know how attentive you are, but most of our TV programmes (Ukrainian), politics speak Russian, even when they have a very high rank in our society (like nowarday's president).

It's very painful to live in such a country. Right now I am not proud of it.

cora
# Posted: 26 May 2010 16:11

stanley
We've got several topics about learning Ukrainian, e.g. this one. Olena has answered your questions, but if you want to continue the discussion or you have any further question, I would suggest to continue in the appropriate topic. Thanks

cora
# Posted: 26 May 2010 16:22

How did you like the 1st semi final? I am disappointed that Slovakia and Finland didn't make it. They were my favourites in the 1st semi.

I am surprised that instead some rather avarage or boring entries made it, e.g. Bosnia, Albania, Belarus, Moldavia and Macedonia.

That Russia, Greece, Serbia and Iceland made it to the final was no surprise.

A pleasant surprise was Belgium. This singer-songwriter style is something very rare at the ESC. It is normally not really my taste of music, but here I liked it, because he was so different. He was really like an alien between all the over-styled performances. And I'm happy for Belgium to particpate in the final for the first time in six years.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 May 2010 16:25

cora
I've missed it Do you happen to know whether Bulgaria continued? Or can I check it anywhere?

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 26 May 2010 16:32

nikoleta_rangelova
Have a look.
Do you happen to know whether Bulgaria continued?
It looks like-no.

Tonight's winners draw their position in the Final

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=17143&_t=Tonight%27s+winners+draw+their+positio n+in+the+Final

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 26 May 2010 16:35

cora
And Germany was in the Final automatically.

Yannis
# Posted: 26 May 2010 16:43

nikoleta_rangelova
Do you happen to know whether Bulgaria continued? Or can I check it anywhere?

Bulgaria will perform tomorrow. It takes part in the second semi-final:
http://www.eurovision.tv/page/oslo2010/the-participants/semi-final2

cora
# Posted: 26 May 2010 17:16

nikoleta_rangelova
Do you happen to know whether Bulgaria continued? Or can I check it anywhere?

Yannis answered it. Bulgaria's turn is tomorrow. In the 2nd semi are the more interesting acts: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey, Sweden, Denmark, Ukraine, Crotia.

Olena Soltysyak
And Germany was in the Final automatically.

Yes, because Germany (and France, Spain and UK) fund the event.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 May 2010 17:24

Yannis
cora

Olena Soltysyak
We'll see, lol :D

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 27 May 2010 10:00 - Edited by: Olena Soltysyak

cora

I didn't know it. Thank you.

cora
# Posted: 27 May 2010 10:59

Olena Soltysyak
I didn't know it.

The "big 4" (Germany, France, Spain, UK) who mainly fund the event and the host country don't have to go through the semi final. If they didn't make it to the final, people in those countries wouldn't watch it and the funding TV channels wouldn't accept this. That's why this arrangement was made.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 27 May 2010 11:31

cora

That is logical. Thank you for explanation.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 27 May 2010 12:03

cora
If they didn't make it to the final, people in those countries wouldn't watch it and the funding TV channels wouldn't accept this. That's why this arrangement was made.

Haha, interesting. I wondered whether... those countries rarely had sth good (from the point of view of my "loooooooooooong" ESC experience;)) just because they knew they'd go to the final and didn't make any real effort to create sth better like all the rest, who have to go into the real fight. But that's not the case, I know, it just crossed my mind. They have to try to make good songs, although, as far as I remember exactly the countries who founded ESC usually received the lowest number of points or at least much less than many other (I've watched it since 2005 only, though)

Guido
# Posted: 27 May 2010 16:04

Who should I vote for this evening ? YKP or BG ? I'll see.
I hope YKP wins since otherwise I have to buy a BG flag :-)
Ruslana would say : listen to your heart :-)

I have the same problem with elections 13/06. Somehow the issue is : for or against Belgium. (Belgaria - Bulgium).
Dividing Tsjecho-Slowakia was easier. Wespe ?

malkataruslanna
# Posted: 27 May 2010 16:25

hi
I do not want anyone to hit this year but I like Moldova
of all the songs heard so far
Last year, the songs were better than this year's
I say again that I do not want to touch anyone
so sorry

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 27 May 2010 16:44

Guido
Hope for BG and when you come to Sofia to watch ESC 2011 live, I'll buy a BG flag for you;)

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 27 May 2010 19:21 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

That's my first listening to the songs I liked Lithuania and Armenia

Denmark's song reminds me this one somewhere in the chorus (the first line, "In a moment like this" or sth): >>

= I'm a little disappointed with the EN verse' translation of the BG song... the BG version has somewhat deeper meaning or at least a different meaning, it says sth like: "You're an angel, some of us grew up some of us didn't (in the sense they died, they're on heaven)", etc. While the EN one is again... the banal YOu&ME&our love

Hm...

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 27 May 2010 20:50

Guido, prepare the UA flag! :D:D

Guido
# Posted: 27 May 2010 21:05

It's ready Niki :-)

Hope for BG and when you come to Sofia to watch ESC 2011 live, I'll buy a BG flag for you;)
A really big one ? Signed by you AND Rusi ? :-)

It's not the first time you write what I think.
Telepathy or the same blood ?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 28 May 2010 06:25

Guido
or the same blood

Don't know, I'm Asth.;) :D

Cogratulations to the "winners"!:D

marte
# Posted: 28 May 2010 07:27

all the great songs in the 2nd got to the final, i like armenia, israel, azerbaijan and turkey

Karolina
# Posted: 28 May 2010 12:50

I liked Romania and Azerbaijan and Cyprus was not bad. But I cant understand why Ukraine and Dennmark made to the final... In my opinion Ukraine was the worst in this semi-final.

Ulyana
# Posted: 28 May 2010 13:07

I liked Romania

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 28 May 2010 13:55 - Edited by: Olena Soltysyak

, , .

, - , , .

Smiley
# Posted: 28 May 2010 14:10 - Edited by: Smiley

Olena Soltysyak
, - , , .

- . , , , . ! .

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 28 May 2010 14:15

Smiley
, .
, , .

Smiley
# Posted: 28 May 2010 14:22

Olena Soltysyak

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 28 May 2010 14:29

Smiley
, , , . , .

Smiley
# Posted: 28 May 2010 14:40

Olena Soltysyak

-: , , , , !
- , !

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 28 May 2010 14:46

Smiley

, .

-: , , , , !

, , . . , , .

<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on light forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site