Ruslanas appearance on German television tonight

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / Ruslanas appearance on German television tonight
Abron
# Posted: 28 May 2004 01:22

Hello again,

I was a bit afraid tonight, because Ruslana had her first live-appearance in german TV. Stefan Raab invited her to "TV total", a daily talk-show which is like a crossover of Letterman and MTV Jack Ass. You have to know that the showmaster Stefan Raab was the discoverer and promoter of Max, the German contribution to the esc. And he is well known for not being very polite.

To make it short: Ruslana was sweet and charming :-)

Stefan was very self controlled and only did some less mean gags about her. In the third part of the show she had a live performance of wild dances and it was fine to see her live again. After the gig she offered him some ukrainen vodka and sang the refrain together with him. The availability of the "Wild Dances" single was mentioned, so everything was nearly perfect.

I hope it was not her last appearence on German TV. But I think she has to improve her English a bit.

Night. Arne.

Marcel
# Posted: 28 May 2004 01:27

So she actually spoke english on television?

Oliver
# Posted: 28 May 2004 01:34

Well, barely anything. Not something even child could have memorized. Except that a child wouldn't have held an actual bottle of ukrainian vodka in its hand. ;)

Abron
# Posted: 28 May 2004 01:39

Marcel

So she actually spoke english on television?

She tried: "Stefan my friend ... it's for you (giving him the vodka)" when she walked down the stage going to Stefan. But they did not had a real conversation.

I think it's necessary to talk at least English when you want to be successfull in the western part europe. Nobody on MTV or VIVA speaks Ukrainian ...

Arne.

_sick_driver_
# Posted: 28 May 2004 02:46

Abron
ehhh you never know, the ukrainian language may become famous soon ;P lol jks... ::hopes for that to happen:: lol

[.νΰςΰλκΰ.]

cora
# Posted: 28 May 2004 09:55

When I heard that she is going to be on Stefan Raab's show, I thought 'Oh my God, I hope that it is gonna go well'. But it was absolutely fine and it was good to see her perform live, even making the audience to clap along (after the performance). I am sure that this is going to boost the CD sale :-)

Although I agree that some knowledge of English is necessary for a career in Western Europe, I think that yesterdays TV appearence was a good example of how a minimum of communication is possible without speaking (much) English and/or each others languages. Ruslana was so charming - it made even Stefan Raab speechless ...

Cora

Stanislaw
# Posted: 30 May 2004 19:41

Maybe MTV and Viva should start learning Ukrainian and broadcasting in Ukrainian? ((:

There should be at least a Slavic-MTV that is for the Slavic nations like Ukraine, Poland, Czech, Slovakia, SLovenia, Serbia, Bosnia and Belarus that would be broadcasted in Ukrainian 8-|

_sick_driver_
# Posted: 30 May 2004 20:36

Stanislaw
dude, that would be siick. [even tho i wouldn't be able to benefit from it.] Btw, you can't forget Croatia. :P

[.νΰςΰλκΰ.]

Stanislaw
# Posted: 30 May 2004 20:56

Sorry, Croatia too :) and Baltic States(even though they're not slavic)

_sick_driver_
# Posted: 1 Jun 2004 04:08

Ey no worries, my Gr.8 teacher who was Croatia did speak much about Croatia, so i couldn't forget bout it. lol

[.νΰςΰλκΰ.]

Arnold
# Posted: 1 Jun 2004 15:17

Some promotion hint:
To bring a present to a show is great.
To bring Wodka in TV show I think is not.
1. Note that in western countries alcohol is not popular in TV. People are drinking water, juice, ... in a TV-show (have in background that children are watching).
2. GIS countries have the image to have a alcohol problem. It is not a good idea to keep this image in TV.
3. Wodka does not represent Ruslana, or ?
4. So why don't Ruslana bring a gift which represents here personal style and Ukraine?

btw: I have seen Ruslana is in Vienna on thursday. does someone know where and at which time?

Oliver
# Posted: 1 Jun 2004 16:59

1. Note that in western countries alcohol is not popular in TV. People are drinking water, juice, ... in a TV-show (have in background that children are watching).

TV-Total is a late night show. Most kids are, or should be, in bed by the time it airs. Given its 'below the belt' humor, it is not suitable for small kids anyway. And given Raab's imagine, I think vodka was fitting for his no-holds-barred persona.

hitman0907
# Posted: 1 Jun 2004 20:26

Ruslana came to Turkey before the ESC.That program was very funny.Ruslana was Beyaz's visitor.ü

Did you watch "Total Istanbul" Abron?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 6; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on PHP forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2021 admin | Ruslana. Official site