**** Eurovision 2011 in Germany **** (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / **** Eurovision 2011 in Germany ****
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
cora
# Posted: 29 May 2010 22:59

Germany has won! To be honest I am not too happy about it.
There were much better singers (Norway, Ireland) and much better songs. Satellite is certainly an unusual song and performance. Top 5 would have been okay, but winning it? With so many points from so many countries? I am shocked

Azerbaijan, the favourite of the betting shops is 5th. Probably very disappointing for Safura when you expect much more.

My favourite, Turkey, got 2nd which is at least something.

kozi
# Posted: 29 May 2010 23:13

cora
There were much better singers

NOT TRUE! I think that Lena did a great job! I loved the song since i firt heard it on Unser Star Fur Oslo!
The first time "my song" won the Eurovision!

Congrats:
EUROVISION 2011: Berlin

Guido
# Posted: 30 May 2010 00:02

Top 5 would have been okay, but winning it?
I didn't see it Cora. Perhaps it was a nice girl ? Very young anyway ? The last ESC I saw from the beginning until the end was in 2005. Don't ask me why.

Kozi : "my song" won ESC 6 years ago but it took me weeks before I knew :-)

wespecz
# Posted: 30 May 2010 03:42 - Edited by: wespecz

cora
Germany has won!
Congratulations to your coutnry! Would you give me a Youtube link to the winner, please?

Esther
# Posted: 30 May 2010 06:12 - Edited by: Esther

Congratulations Germany!!

cora
I'm still in shock too! I never expected Germany to win! There were songs that I liked in the final like Belgium and Ireland. And I also loved Ukraine but I think they forgot about her because she was in between 2 oustanding songs.
But Lena did a good job and her performance was so adorable. It didn't look like if she was nervous at all. And then when you knew she would win she was totally shocked. The most funny reaction I've ever seen!!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 30 May 2010 06:34

cora
Congratulations!

Azerbaijan, the favourite of the betting shops is 5th. Probably very disappointing for Safura when you expect much more.

To be honest, I didn't find anything special in this song. Don't know why they talked so much about it.

I guess you'll be at the event live next year? :D

cora
# Posted: 30 May 2010 06:57

wespecz
Would you give me a Youtube link to the winner, please?

Sure, here.

Esther
And then when you knew she would win she was totally shocked. The most funny reaction I've ever seen!!

A few weeks ago she was only a school girl, then this extreme hype around her in Germany and all over Europe and then she even wins it! That was probably too much for this girl. And this is only the beginning...

kozi
The first time "my song" won the Eurovision!

Good that you like it. It's not really my taste, but it's okay. The good thing about Lena is that she has managed to increase the reputation of the ESC in Germany dramatically. The popularity and reputation of the ESC have been rather low in the past years. Now even people are in ESC fever who have never been interested in it before.

EUROVISION 2011: Berlin

That's not for sure. It could also be Hamburg.

Guido
"my song" won ESC 6 years ago

Mine too.

cora
# Posted: 30 May 2010 07:00

nikoleta_rangelova
To be honest, I didn't find anything special in this song. Don't know why they talked so much about it.

It's a nice song, but the expectations where definitely too high.

I guess you'll be at the event live next year? :D

Of course

cora
# Posted: 30 May 2010 07:20

Really amazing was the flash mob Eurodance of the interval. An original idea and very enjoyable to watch.

Stukee
# Posted: 30 May 2010 07:35

I thought Ireland was amazing. Too bad it was so much underrated.

kozi
# Posted: 30 May 2010 07:46

cora
That's not for sure. It could also be Hamburg.

i think it must be in the capital city .... i'm till not sure....

Gosh i'm so hapyy, can't stop listening to thins song. it is so positive! There're no sad/bad emotion!

WildYennifer
# Posted: 30 May 2010 07:50

Honestly, neither the song nor the vocal impressed me. The girl was nice and had a cute smile, but that was a song contest after all

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 30 May 2010 08:29 - Edited by: Olena Soltysyak

cora
I am sorry, Cora, but I am shoked. As Lena was not good at all. She doesn't know how to sing, she doesn't have any musical eduction and doesn't play any instrument. And she won. Strange.
Many countries gave high score because of partner countries, and politics, Eurovision became unfair.

Pitej
# Posted: 30 May 2010 09:38

kozi

As you remember 6 years ago ESC was in Istanbul, and Istanbul isn't a capital city of Turkey therefore is possible that in next year ESC will be for example in Hamburg

cora
# Posted: 30 May 2010 09:52 - Edited by: cora

Olena Soltysyak
Many countries gave high score because of partner countries, and politics, Eurovision became unfair.

LOL! That's definitely not true in this case. The political and diaspora voting is very common between the ex Soviet countries, between the ex Yugoslavian countries and between the Scandinavian countries, also between culturally similar countries like Azerbaijan and Turkey. Germany has no friends and good neighbours which alway give high votes. That's one reason why German songs often ended up at the bottom end.

So, there is much political and diaspora voting between some countries, but with votes from just friends and neighbours a song cannot win. The winning song has to receive votes from almost all countries.

This was the case here. Only 5 out of 39 countries gave no points. 9 countries gave 12 points.

I am not too happy about the result, but we have to respect that the majority of the European audience wanted her to win.

Mariko
# Posted: 30 May 2010 10:00

Congrats Germany the girl was really cute, but honestly i couldn't even think that this girl would win, but anyway Germany is the winner, wish her luck ;)

cora
# Posted: 30 May 2010 16:07

Mariko
Congrats Germany

Thanks!

but honestly i couldn't even think that this girl would win

Me neither!

but anyway Germany is the winner, wish her luck ;)

Yes, no need argue about it.

By the way I thought the Georgian song was quite good. All three Caucasus countries had rather good entries this year.

Guido
# Posted: 30 May 2010 16:14

And this is only the beginning...
She has t-shirts ? Victory ... :-)
We heard that before.

Guido
# Posted: 30 May 2010 16:16

Now even people are in ESC fever who have never been interested in it before.
I needed an Ukrainian artist for that.

wespecz
# Posted: 30 May 2010 19:30

cora
Sure, here.
Thank you, it's great! Really!

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 31 May 2010 13:11

cora

Then what about the EU countries? You know, now they have problems inside of the EU.

cora
# Posted: 31 May 2010 13:48

Olena Soltysyak
Then what about the EU countries? You know, now they have problems inside of the EU.

Germany is the biggest money giver in the EU. All the poor countries in the EU benefit from this. Some countries have wasted our money for years. Wasteful mismanagement has led to bankruptcy of one of them – Greece (there are probably more to come). Germany has to pay again several billions to "save" Greece. People in Germany are not too happy about this, because they know, if it goes on like this, we also will be bankrupt one day. And who will help us then? No-one. Despite this it was never an option that Germany leaves the EU. It would be not possible. It would destabilize the whole economy and make things even worse.

All this big politics and economy have nothing to do with the ESC. It is just a harmless competition – a game. This game costs a lot of money. Who pays? Germany and three other countries. The big 4 would probably be happy, if they could share the costs with some other countries. But there are no volunteers.

German TV channel NDR who is broadcasting the ESC and spending much money on it has received much criticism year after year for the poor results of the contestants. Despite this it was never an option for the NDR to leave the EBU. On the contrary they put much effort in it. Every year they came up with new concepts. And every year they were beaten up by the public and the media. This year they have obviously found a concept which proved to be successful.

I don't like Lena and the song much, but the effort and the result should be respected. The many high points from the large majority of the countries cannot be explained by cheating, politics, neighbour voting or whatever. It was a consensus. Europe should be happy for the winner and look forward to a great show next year.

Olena Soltysyak
# Posted: 31 May 2010 14:02 - Edited by: Olena Soltysyak

cora

Germany is the biggest money giver in the EU. All the poor countries in the EU benefit from this. Some countries have wasted our money for years. Wasteful mismanagement has led to bankruptcy of one of them – Greece (there are probably more to come). Germany has to pay again several billions to "save" Greece. People in Germany are not too happy about this, because they know, if it goes on like this, we also will be bankrupt one day. And who will help us then? No-one. Despite this it was never an option that Germany leaves the EU. It would be not possible. It would destabilize the whole economy and make things even worse.

If I were you (in German country) I would not except such poor countries into the EU, as your economy will get very low.
You don't need such countries.

But the neighbour contries gave very high points, for example, Greece to Cypres, and Cypres for Greece, there were many examples like this. So, ESC bacame unfair.

Stukee
# Posted: 31 May 2010 15:06

What do you think? Should Ruslana participate in 2011 for Ukraine?

Guido
# Posted: 31 May 2010 16:00

No !!! She must !

cora
# Posted: 31 May 2010 19:52

Stukee

No!

I thought Ireland was amazing. Too bad it was so much underrated.

That was indeed unexpected.

cora
# Posted: 31 May 2010 19:53

Olena Soltysyak
But the neighbour contries gave very high points, for example, Greece to Cypres, and Cypres for Greece, there were many examples like this. So, ESC bacame unfair.

"Became unfair" is not true, because neighbour and diaspora voting always existed to a certain degree. This is logic because of cultural and historical reasons. Cyprus is inhabited mostly by Greeks, so it is logic that these two countries give each other votes. This has always been like this. The neighbour and diaspora voting increased with the Eastern expansion, because of the historical and cultural joint background of the ex Soviet and the ex Yugo countries.

However, as I pointed out before, with just neighbour voting alone you cannot win the ESC. The winner always has to receive points from the majority of all countries.

Lena has won, because she was standing out from all other entries. Ruslana, Lordi, Rybak – they have one thing in common, they were outstanding. They were different from the rest – that's why they won. This year it was Lena. There is no need to construct a conspiracy.

Stukee
# Posted: 2 Jun 2010 11:30

http://www.escireland.com/2010/05/eurovision-2011-the-first-contestant-is-known/

Lena will represent Germany next year!

Guido
# Posted: 2 Jun 2010 16:28

They were different from the rest
Of course I agree Cora. But she's different in many other ways.
I know some people won't agree. Other will.

I'm waiting to read that Ruslana will represent YKP next year in Germany before buying tickets. Sometimes I'm a dreamer ? :-)

Our country (as long as it exists) was occupied by : the romans, the spanish, the french, the germans.
We were governed by Holland and Austria.
The last decades we were invaded by Turkey and Marocco.
The last years by Polish and Romanian people.
So we should vote for Russia, Ukraine ... ?

stanley
# Posted: 3 Jun 2010 00:11

Wow, you really got a feeling that Ukraine was invaded by Polish people?

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 3; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on bulletin board script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site