*** Eurovision 2012 in AZERBAIJAN *** (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / *** Eurovision 2012 in AZERBAIJAN ***
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
cora
# Posted: 15 May 2011 06:33

Let's open a new topic for the winner!

Congratulations Azerbaijan!

It is a good song and I thought they would be in the top 10 or even top 5, but I never expected them to win.

cora
# Posted: 15 May 2011 06:35

What surprises me is that Italy became 2nd. I think it was the worst songof all. Totally out of place.

Also surprising that Georgia did so well and Russia and Hungary didn't.

Stukee
# Posted: 15 May 2011 08:15

cora

I never thought that Azerbaijan could win it all. Italy and Ukraine were overrated in my opinion.

My favourite act last night was Germany.

Mariko
# Posted: 15 May 2011 18:42 - Edited by: Mariko

congrats to Azerbaijan!!!!

Stukee
I never thought that Azerbaijan could win it all

Exactly. same here. i had my hypothesis but obviously i couldn't even think about Azerbaijan. yeah they were good but i was waiting for something more for victory. just my opinion ;)

makula
# Posted: 7 Jun 2011 07:54

i think italy payed the maffia to come so high, i thought sweden would win :P

Pogodin
# Posted: 12 Jun 2011 17:09

, ....
?!
, .

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 23 Jun 2011 00:03

Dar Erste, Pro Sieben and Popwellen will continue their collaboration for Germany's national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest :

http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/17506

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 11 Nov 2011 21:17

Lys Assia, the first winner of the Eurovision Song Contest ever, has qualified for the Swiss national final for the Eurovision Song Contest 2012. She will perform a song called "C'etait ma vie" composed by Ralph Siegel (he also composed the Eurovision winning song in 1982 sung by German singer Nicole) and written by Jean-Paul Cara (he also wrote the Eurovision winning song in 1977).

Lys Assia is now 85 years old!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O_XMBMrbMCE

cora
# Posted: 12 Nov 2011 10:42

AlexandruRomania
Lys Assia, the first winner of the Eurovision Song Contest ever, has qualified for the Swiss national final for the Eurovision Song Contest 2012.

That's certainly something special and very courageous of her. Look what happened to Dana International. The song reflects the traditional chanson of the 1950ies and 1960ies. I guess that she would get some 'respect points', but I've got my doubts that it would appeal to the mass audience.

composed by Ralph Siegel (he also composed the Eurovision winning song in 1982 sung by German singer Nicole)

Ralph Siegel is/was a composer of the 1970ies/80ies. His time has long been over. Music has moved on, but he didn't. He is a tragical figure. He doesn't know, when it's best to leave the stage. He is desperate to win the ESC again and as he has no chance in Germany anymore, he tries in all sorts of other countries (he composed or produced the ESC entries of Malta in 2004, Switzerland 2006, Montenegro 2009).

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 12 Nov 2011 10:45

cora

That's certainly something special and very courageous of her. Look what happened to Dana International. The song reflects the traditional chanson of the 1950ies and 1960ies. I guess that she would get some 'respect points', but I've got my doubts that it would appeal to the mass audience.

Sure. I respect her a lot for continuing to sing despite her age. She's amazing!

Ralph Siegel is/was a composer of the 1970ies/80ies. His time has long been over. Music has moved on, but he didn't. He is a tragical figure. He doesn't know, when it's best to leave the stage. He is desperate to win the ESC again and as he has no chance in Germany anymore, he tries in all sorts of other countries (he composed or produced the ESC entries of Malta in 2004, Switzerland 2006, Montenegro 2009).

I know that he also produced the Moldovan entry in 2011.

I hope that Lys Assia will represent Switzerland.

Charlotte Perrelli (winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 1999) also qualified for the Swedish Melodifestivalen 2012.

cora
# Posted: 14 Nov 2011 20:39

AlexandruRomania
I know that he also produced the Moldovan entry in 2011.

So lucky by Zdob si Zdub (one of my favourites in 2011)? No, that's not Ralph Siegel's style at all.
I googled it and found that it must have been a song from the Moldovian preselection.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 14 Nov 2011 20:48

cora

Oh. Now I understand. I had the impression that he produced the Zdob si Zdub song.

Btw, Ruslana said on Romanian television that she recorded a song together with Roman (the leader of Zdob si Zdub). Do you know anything about it?

cora
# Posted: 14 Nov 2011 20:53

AlexandruRomania
Btw, Ruslana said on Romanian television that she recorded a song together with Roman (the leader of Zdob si Zdub).
Interesting

Do you know anything about it?
No.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 14 Nov 2011 20:59

cora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRcdm2kpDfc

Skip to 9:37 and listen carefully

cora
# Posted: 14 Nov 2011 21:40

AlexandruRomania
Skip to 9:37 and listen carefully

The RuslanaTube videos become unavailable in Germany as soon as Lavina licenses them. I have to download them before they become invisible. I didn't dowload this one. Never mind.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 12 Jan 2012 21:55

I will participate in the national selection of Moldova for the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 as a songwriter!

Listen to my song :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PIKuoTm1GU

cora
# Posted: 13 Jan 2012 23:31

AlexandruRomania
I will participate in the national selection of Moldova for the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 as a songwriter!

Very impressive that you have achieved this! Nice song I wish you good luck

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 14 Jan 2012 18:02

cora

Thank you very much! I worked hard and my dream came true!

I will participate with 2 songs, this one mentioned above and a ballad. The other songs will be published on January 17, but you can read the lyrics right now :

A ray of sun
Music by Michalis Antoniou
Lyrics by Alexandru Busa

Silent whispers break through the night again,
And shadows climb the walls of the agony.
My soul... is still touched by your lies
And empty feelings pass through my window...

(Chorus)
A ray of sun will shine,
The sky will open now
Shadows will fall apart.
Only tell me, will this feeling ever pass away
And my heart, will it stop, will it love again
Oh, no

Tiny raindrops fall from the sky again,
And my heart burns of desire and regrets
My door... is always open for you
But you're not going to come my way

(Chorus)
A ray of sun will shine,
The sky will open now
Shadows will fall apart.
Only tell me, will this feeling ever pass away
And my heart, will it stop, will it love again
Oh, no

Guido
# Posted: 15 Jan 2012 19:07

Congratulations Alexandru.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 15 Jan 2012 23:39

Guido

Thank you. I'll find out on February 11th if my songs have qualified for the national final.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 16 Jan 2012 21:03

Listen to my second song in the Moldovan national selection on TRM's official website here :

Leria - "A ray of sun"

http://trm.md/ro/audio-eurovision/leria-a-ray-of-sun/

cora
# Posted: 16 Jan 2012 21:59

AlexandruRomania
Listen to my second song in the Moldovan national selection on TRM's official website here

Also a nice song. Good luck!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 16 Jan 2012 23:08

cora

Also a nice song. Good luck!

Thank you so much. If one of my songs will qualify (I hope that both songs will go through) for the televised national final, I'll go to Chişinău and I'll stay in the green room waiting for the results. How exciting is that!

By the way, I'm competing against Ralph Siegel. He also submitted a song.

cora
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 19:09

AlexandruRomania
How exciting is that!

Very exciting!

By the way, I'm competing against Ralph Siegel. He also submitted a song.

Yes, as I said before, his time has long been over, but he doesn't notice it.

cora
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 19:45

AlexandruRomania
On January 25th (tomorrow), Ruslana will perform at the Buta Palace in Azerbaijan during the draw of the semi finals for the Eurovision Song Contest 2012. You can watch that show on the official website of the contest : (17:00 CET)
http://www.eurovision.tv/esctv/future

I have been watching the live stream for 40 minutes now - just Azerbaijan music and videos. I appreciate that they want to present their country, but it's getting a bit too much now. None of the former ESC winners in sight yet

cora
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 19:50

Yeah, finally!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 19:57

cora

Ruslana was amazing on stage in Baku! I'm so happy that they invited her!

cora
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 20:00

AlexandruRomania
Ruslana was amazing on stage in Baku! I'm so happy that they invited her!

Yes, wonderful!

Now Alexander Rybak. He hasn't changed at all.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 20:13

cora

Now Alexander Rybak. He hasn't changed at all.

Yes. I met him in Bucharest last year for an interview. He's a really nice guy!

Christiane
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 22:12

I didn´t watch the whole show and nearly missed Ruslana´s performance Yes, she really was great on stage

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on online community software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site