*** Eurovision 2012 in AZERBAIJAN *** (2)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / *** Eurovision 2012 in AZERBAIJAN ***
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
cora
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 22:47

AlexandruRomania
met him in Bucharest last year for an interview. He's a really nice guy!

I can imagine that he is very pleasant guy.

Christiane
Yes, she really was great on stage

Yeah, very dynamic.
The red and black capes of the male dancers look like Dracula costumes, though.

Christiane
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 23:24

cora
The red and black capes of the male dancers look like Dracula costumes, though.
Yes, true, I didn´t think about that before There´s just the face painting missing, so I´m gonna do that next time

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 23:22

I'm so happy!

One of my songs qualified for the national final of Moldova. I will be there, in Chisinau on March 10th at the grand final. in the green room

Leria - "A ray of sun"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGIsYyZnXkM

cora
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 19:38

AlexandruRomania
One of my songs qualified for the national final of Moldova

Congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 20:11

cora

Congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you so much, Cora. My family is so proud of me!

cora
# Posted: 17 Feb 2012 19:36

Yesterday the German entry was chosen: Roman Lob: Standing Still. How do you like it?

In my opnion it is an avarage pop song, nice, but nothing special. And the singer is also avarage. Definitely nothing to win the contest.

The most promising entry so far is the one from Iceland. Unusual song, sung with much passion.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 17 Feb 2012 22:58

cora

I don't like the German entry at all. I had bigger expectations from Stefan Raab and his team.

My favorite is Iceland closely followed by Norway. I also like Belarus but it looks like they will change the song.

I'm very disappointed by the French entry. Anggun is a mega star, very talented singer and songwriter and they decided to send such a bizarre song...

cora
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 11:33

AlexandruRomania
I also like Belarus but it looks like they will change the song.

As always LOL. I think this song is boring. I hope they will find a better one.
The worst happened in 2010 when they changed a really good song (Far away) into a dead boring song (Butterflies) which was made even worse by a ridiculous old-fashion choreography.

they decided to send such a bizarre song...

Yes, it's really weird.

I quite like the song from Switzerland.

Christiane
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 12:50

cora
In my opnion it is an avarage pop song, nice, but nothing special.

I didn't listen to the whole song, just a few seconds of listening gave me the impression, that there isn't anything really special about this.

The most promising entry so far is the one from Iceland. Unusual song, sung with much passion.

It's indeed an unusual song and it sounds really good. There are too many mainstream pop songs anyway.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 15:11

cora

As always LOL. I think this song is boring. I hope they will find a better one.
The worst happened in 2010 when they changed a really good song (Far away) into a dead boring song (Butterflies) which was made even worse by a ridiculous old-fashion choreography.

I don't know why, but I like it.

Btw, Haytana will represent Ukraine with this song :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3wRr4K0x9E

Do you like it? It's a little bit too gay if you ask me.

Christiane
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 15:24 - Edited by: Christiane

AlexandruRomania
Btw, Haytana will represent Ukraine with this song :

So this is a double success for Gaitana. She´s going to represent Ukraine at the Eurovision Song Contest and the Football European Championship.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 15:35

Christiane

What is she going to do at the Football Championship?

Christiane
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 16:07 - Edited by: Christiane

AlexandruRomania

She has recorded a song together with 16 friends of UEFA EURO 2012 and will perform it at the opening ceremony in Warsaw.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=1704826.html

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 16:41

Christiane

She has recorded a song together with 16 friends of UEFA EURO 2012 and will perform it at the opening ceremony in Warsaw.

That's not fair. Ruslana should have been performing at the opening ceremony her song "Davaj, hraj".

cora
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 18:43 - Edited by: cora

AlexandruRomania
Do you like it? It's a little bit too gay if you ask me.

Gay? I doubt that gays are interested in her big bust
No, neither the song nor the lady are my taste.

Christiane

I didn't know that. Really disappointing. It's bad enough that the UEFA chose Oceana to sing the official EURO 2012 song. Ruslana would have been perfect for this.

Christiane
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 19:42 - Edited by: Christiane

AlexandruRomania
That's not fair. Ruslana should have been performing at the opening ceremony her song "Davaj, hraj".

cora
Really disappointing. It's bad enough that the UEFA chose Oceana to sing the official EURO 2012 song. Ruslana would have been perfect for this.

I also agree, that this decision is not fair and I don´t understand it. Is there anyone in Western Europe, who knows Gaitana? Ruslana has won the Eurovision Song Contest in 2004, which is an event, watched by millions of people. Of course, I assume, that many people have forgotten Ruslana meanwhile, but she should be more in the focus due to her victory at the ESC. I´ve noticed, that Gaitana´s english accent is better than Ruslana´s, but this can´t be a reason for chosing Gaitana for the Euro 2012. About Ruslana it was just mentioned, that she dedicated her song "Davaj Graj" to the European Championship, but what does that mean exactly?

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 19:57

cora

Gay? I doubt that gays are interested in her big bust

I didn't meant that! She will become a gay icon just like Lady Gaga did. Gay people love this kind of pop songs performed by good looking female singers because they identify themselves with them.

Anyway, speaking about EURO 2012 I'm very disappointed on their decision to let Haytana perform instead of Ruslana. Let's all remember how much good things Ruslana did for Ukraine. Thanks to her the Eurovision Song Contest 2005 took place in Kiev and Europe got to know more about this country and its traditions, music, culture, etc.

cora
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 20:24

AlexandruRomania
Gay people love this kind of pop songs performed by good looking female singers because they identify themselves with them.

Oh, really? Didn't know that.

Let's all remember how much good things Ruslana did for Ukraine.

Exactly. Ruslana is the only Ukrainian singer who managed to gain at least some international recognition. It's really ununderstandable, why they chose this nobody. It must be really disappointing for Ruslana herself.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 18 Feb 2012 23:24

cora

Oh, really? Didn't know that.

That's how all the divas rose to fame : Britney Spears, Lady Gaga are gay icons and they own their popularity to the gay community supporting them.

It must be really disappointing for Ruslana herself.

Yes. I can imagine that.

Christiane
# Posted: 19 Feb 2012 15:51

cora
Ruslana is the only Ukrainian singer who managed to gain at least some international recognition. It's really ununderstandable, why they chose this nobody. It must be really disappointing for Ruslana herself.

I´m just wondering, if Ukraine ever has done something for Ruslana......

cora
# Posted: 19 Feb 2012 19:28

Christiane
I´m just wondering, if Ukraine ever has done something for Ruslana......

Don't know. And I don't know either who's decision it was not to choose Ruslana.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 19 Feb 2012 22:55

cora

Don't know. And I don't know either who's decision it was not to choose Ruslana.

I think that it was the decision of the Ukrainian Football Federation.

Karolina
# Posted: 20 Feb 2012 21:43

Christiane

In my opinion they chose her because she will represent Ukraine in Eurovision this year and she needs promotion, and this UEFA thing is big event and she will be seen there and will be recognised in Eurovision.

Karolina
# Posted: 20 Feb 2012 21:56

AlexandruRomania

Britney Spears, Lady Gaga are gay icons and they own their popularity to the gay community supporting them.

You made me laugh very loud with this :D They are not gay icons, they are teen icons.

Christiane
# Posted: 20 Feb 2012 22:42

Karolina
In my opinion they chose her because she will represent Ukraine in Eurovision this year

It´s rather the other way round, cause Gaitana´s participation for the Football European Championship was decided last year already, while the National final of the ESC 2012 has taken place only a couple of days ago.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 21 Feb 2012 13:59 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

Karolina

They are not gay icons, they are teen icons.

Don't be so sure about it.

And Gaitana's involvement in EURO 2012 was decided in 2011... She just won the Ukrainian ticket to Eurovision.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 21 Feb 2012 14:05

Dear forum,

I suggest that we should discuss all the Eurovision entries one by one here.

1. SWITZERLAND - Sinplus - Unbreakable

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3vUIoqwHTM

---

This is typical British indie pop nicely performed by some Swiss guys. I think that the biggest 'turn-off' of this song is the way the singer spells the words in English. You can barely understand what he's singing. The melody is nice, pretty interesting even though it's not really 'Eurovision friendly'. Let's remember that Switzerland failed big time in 2009 with a similar song. My rank is : 7.5

cora
# Posted: 22 Feb 2012 19:28

AlexandruRomania
I suggest that we should discuss all the Eurovision entries one by one here.
Ok.

1. SWITZERLAND - Sinplus - Unbreakable

I like this 80ies style. It's one of my favourites so far. However, history tells that this kind of music doesn't have much chance at the Eurovision. Well possible that they won't even make throught the semi.

My rank is : 7.5
7.5 out of what?

Karolina
# Posted: 23 Feb 2012 00:19

Christiane

Gaitana´s participation for the Football European Championship was decided last year already

Oh, I see, didn't knew that

Christiane
# Posted: 23 Feb 2012 00:32

I guess, I got something wrong concerning Gaitana´s participation at the Euro 2012. It´s true, that she has recorded a song, but somehow I must be having misinterpreting that, so I thought, she would perform at the opening ceremony. Actually it doesn´t say anything about that on the website of the Euro 2012. Well, I should read articles more clearly

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on community script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site