*** Eurovision 2012 in AZERBAIJAN *** (3)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / *** Eurovision 2012 in AZERBAIJAN ***
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 23 Feb 2012 13:34

cora

7.5 out of what?

7.5 out of 10.

Christiane

I must be having misinterpreting that, so I thought, she would perform at the opening ceremony

That's a relief. I mean, if a Ukrainian singer should sing at the opening of EURO 2012, that singer MUST be Ruslana.

Christiane
# Posted: 23 Feb 2012 14:46

AlexandruRomania
I mean, if a Ukrainian singer should sing at the opening of EURO 2012, that singer MUST be Ruslana.

I absolutely agree about. But we don't know anyway, if we get to see Ruslana during the Euro 2012. According to an ukrainian article (Guntram has posted the URL in the german topic), Ruslana will perform at least in Lwiw. Well, that was at least, what Guntram could read out of the article, as he speaks Russian, but this article is in Ukrainian. Furthermore it says, that Ruslana and the daughter of the ukrainian coach Blochin, have applied for performing the official song of the Euro 2012, but the Football Associations of Poland and Ukraine decided for singer Oceana.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 23 Feb 2012 15:37

Christiane

I see. Let's hope that Ruslana will get to perform in as many locations as possible during EURO 2012.

By the way, the organizers of Eurovision 2012 want to invite Ruslana to perform at the EuroClub in Baku during the Eurovision week. That's surely very good.

cora
# Posted: 23 Feb 2012 21:08

AlexandruRomania
That's a relief. I mean, if a Ukrainian singer should sing at the opening of EURO 2012, that singer MUST be Ruslana.

That's realy a relief!

Christiane
Well, that was at least, what Guntram could read out of the article, as he speaks Russian, but this article is in Ukrainian.

There are online translators. I have posted a translation here.

Ruslana will perform at least in Lwiw.
Online translator says: "I necessarily will sing in Lviv. But not in the zone of fan, but with the exclusive project sanctified to European championship."

Mmh, who knows what that means. As long as it is not broadcast by international TV channels it won't have much promotion effect.

cora
# Posted: 23 Feb 2012 21:11

AlexandruRomania
the organizers of Eurovision 2012 want to invite Ruslana to perform at the EuroClub in Baku during the Eurovision week.

Cool!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 23 Feb 2012 22:34

2. Latvia - Annmary - "Beautiful song"

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DuOBY-S63Rk

---

I love the Slavic tune and the cheesy lyrics, especially the hints at Johnny Logan and Mick Jagger.

This part is really hilarious :

And the day when Jagger Mick did call me
I couldn't talk 'cause I was really busy
Recording song with Sir Paul McCartney
"I'm sorry, Mick, I'll call you back, one day I'll call you back"

My rank : 8.5 / 10

Christiane
# Posted: 23 Feb 2012 23:26

cora
There are online translators. I have posted a translation here.

Thanks for putting effort on translating as online translators are now always that easy to get on with and putting things into a reasonable context

As long as it is not broadcast by international TV channels it won't have much promotion effect.

Yes, that´s quite clear.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 24 Feb 2012 19:07

Dear forum,

This is the official music video and the final version of the song "A ray of Sun" performed by Leria with music composed by Michalis Antoniou and lyrics written by me. This song qualified for the national final of Moldova for the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 and it will be performed 7th during the show. The final will take place on March 11th in Chişinău. I hope that you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s85Cd5rASC8&feature=autoshare

cora
# Posted: 24 Feb 2012 20:49

AlexandruRomania
2. Latvia - Annmary - "Beautiful song"
I love the Slavic tune

Slavic tune? I don't hear any. I think it's ABBA style. Nice melody, but I think the arrangement is a bit boring. It should be sung with more power. The performance is orginal, but the costumes are dreadful. Well, I don't think that Latvia will be in the final.

especially the hints at Johnny Logan and Mick Jagger.
Mmh, it doesn't really appeal to me.

The final will take place on March 11th in Chişinău. I hope that you like it.

Good luck!

cora
# Posted: 24 Feb 2012 20:55 - Edited by: cora

Okay, here is one from me:

3. Turkey - Can Bonomo - Love me back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_F6H6--FrU

I'm not into this oriental style at all. This one is even worse than many other traditional former ESC songs from Turkey. Singer, song, costume, performance - all terrible. And his English also sounds weird.

However, I think that a lot of people will like it and that it will at least get to the final.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 24 Feb 2012 20:56

cora

Slavic tune?

Yes. The repetitive melody you hear during the song is a Slavic motive.

Good luck!

Thank you. I'm so happy!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 24 Feb 2012 20:58

cora

I'm not into this oriental style at all. This one is even worse than many other traditional former ESC songs from Turkey. Singer, song, costume, performance - all terrible.

I don't like it at all. When he was chosen to represent Turkey it was said that he's very creative and that he writes his own songs, so I expected something better. This is lame. I don't like it.

cora
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 21:48

4. Austria - Trackshittaz - Woki mit deim Pop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGYzolmLcZ8

So far I thought Georgia is the worst, but this one is even worse. Primitive, embarrassing. Thank God not many people will understand this Austrian German. The title means "Shake your bum". Zero points.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 22:00

cora

Did you see what kind of act came second in the Austrian final? I prefer this one...

I think that Austria will do well this year. It reminds me of Verka Serduchka a bit. This song has 2 possibilities : it will flop big time or will do very well.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 22:05

5. Georgia - Anri Jokhadze - I'm a Joker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj7jy0vKduU

I'm speechless. This is one of the worst songs I've listened to in my whole life.

cora
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 22:12

AlexandruRomania
Did you see what kind of act came second in the Austrian final?

No, I'll have a look.

it will flop big time or will do very well.

I think it will be a big flop.

This is not a song, it's just terrible noise. It's a criminal assault on people's ears. Georgia has a lot of friends and neighbours who will vote for it no matter how bad the entry, so unfortunately it will get quite some points.

Karolina
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 22:13

I heard this song and all I can say is that I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

cora
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 22:24

Karolina
I heard this song and all I can say is that I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Stay with us and send Anri Jokhadze to the moon or better a different solar system instead.

cora
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 22:26 - Edited by: cora

Now something positive

6. Iceland - Greta Salóme & Jónsi - Mundu Eftir Mér
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mepztXfP9_c

This is by my favorite so far and in my opinion a realistic candidate for the top 10. It is different and special, but not outrages as some other artists who try to be different. It combines traditional elements and a beautiful melody in a dramatic way.

In fact it is magic, epic, dramatic. And the best is the Icelandic language which is MAGIC in itself. Brilliant!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 22:33

cora

6. Iceland - Greta Salóme & Jónsi - Mundu Eftir Mér

I agree with you. This is as magic as Estonia was in 2009. Remember that song?
I like the Icelandic song because is being performed in Icelandic and sounds really mystical and authentic. Very original.

Karolina

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 22:34

cora

No, I'll have a look.

I really want to know your opinion : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D7PfAudP5A

cora
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 22:48

AlexandruRomania
I really want to know your opinion : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D7PfAudP5A

OMG!
I would have prefered him/her/it. At least the song is acceptable - if you close your eyes

It reminds me of a Lena - Satellite parody which was actually a great hit in Germany.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 22:51

cora

It reminds me of a Lena - Satellite parody which was actually a great hit in Germany.

That's what I like very much at the German people. They really know how to have fun!

cora
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 23:07 - Edited by: cora

AlexandruRomania
This is as magic as Estonia was in 2009. Remember that song?

Urban Symphony - Rändejad. Oh, yes, I remember it very well! It was one of my favourites that year. Estonian is also a very beautiful language. You are right, it reminds a little of this year's Icelandic song, although I think Mundu eftir mér is even stronger.

I like the Icelandic song because is being performed in Icelandic and sounds really mystical and authentic.

Exactly! Icelandic is such a beautiful language. I fell in love with it and spent many many years of hard work learning this extremely difficult language. So I'm very happy that Iceland comes up with a song in Icelandic this year.

That's what I like very much at the German people. They really know how to have fun!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 23:15

cora

It was one of my favourites that year.

I was crazy about it and supported it even though people claimed that it would flop. They were wrong.

Icelandic is such a beautiful language

I understood that when I was 13 years old and studied the geography of Europe at school. I had to learn the capital of Iceland and I've misspelled it. My teacher corrected me and said the correct version of it and then I was amazed by how interesting it sounds.

and spent many many years of hard work learning this extremely difficult language

That's very cool. Congratulations!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 26 Feb 2012 20:13

7. Ireland - Jedward - Waterline
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NwnTs0Jz1Y

This is even better than their last effort "Lipstick". This is a very nice pop song, sounds very professional and should receive a lot of votes in Baku. This is surely a contender for the top 10 of the grand final. I rank it 8.0 out of 10.

cora
# Posted: 27 Feb 2012 20:18

AlexandruRomania
7. Ireland - Jedward - Waterline

Well, they can't sing at all and it's a rather boring song. Sure, they are funny, but it's a song contest, not a comedy contest. They've got one thing others don't have: great promotion. They make the public and the media talk about them - that's already half the way to the grand final ;-)

So, yes, we will see them in the final and probably high up. But it's not my taste.

cora
# Posted: 27 Feb 2012 20:43

Denmark - Soluna Samay - Should've Known Better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXHSAFkZOnI

Singer/song writer Amy McDonald style. Very nice, maybe too nice to be really noticed. Remember Sweden 2010 who surprisingly failed in the semi.

So, I quite like the Danish entry and wish her good luck.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 27 Feb 2012 21:21

cora

So, yes, we will see them in the final and probably high up. But it's not my taste.

I think that they will score top 5 this time.

Denmark - Soluna Samay - Should've Known Better

It reminds me so much of the Swedish entry of 2010. I used to like that one a lot and I was shocked that it didn't qualify, but the horrible entry from Russia was in the final. I think that Russia would qualify even if the singer would speak into a bucket during the performance...

cora
# Posted: 28 Feb 2012 22:39

AlexandruRomania
I used to like that one a lot and I was shocked that it didn't qualify

I think everyone was shocked. It was really unexpected.

I think that Russia would qualify even if the singer would speak into a bucket during the performance...

That's true.

So how do you like Denmark's entry?

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 3; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site