*** Eurovision 2012 in AZERBAIJAN *** (4)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / *** Eurovision 2012 in AZERBAIJAN ***
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 28 Feb 2012 23:36 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

cora

So how do you like Denmark's entry?

The chorus is very nice and I love the arrangement of the melody. The song sounds anyway very contemporary and has the potential of becoming a hit in Western and Northern Europe. I'm really curious to know how it will do at ESC because I doubt that Eastern European or Balkan countries will vote for it. This is one of the best songs selected so far.

Let's move on. Next up is Slovenia :

Slovenia - Eva Boto - Verjamen (I Believe)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mwOoiGSFXI&feature=related

This song was written by the author by the winning Eurovision song 'Molitva' performed by Marija Serifovic. I think that this kind of Balkan power ballads are very dated in the Eurovision Song Contest and I doubt that it will do as well as Molitva did in 2007. Anyway, I really appreciate the singer who is 16 years old. My rank is : 7.0 out of 10

cora
# Posted: 29 Feb 2012 19:29

AlexandruRomania
I'm really curious to know how it will do at ESC because I doubt that Eastern European or Balkan countries will vote for it.

I agree. It's unlikely to get many points from Eastern and Southeastern countries.

Slovenia - Eva Boto - Verjamen (I Believe)

Another Bolero rhythm like last year's entry from France.
I didn't know that it's from the same composer as Molitva. There is indeed a similarity, but Molitva was much stronger. This one is a good song and a good voice, a typical ESC power ballad which will get a a good amount of points from the Balkan countries and maybe others.

cora
# Posted: 29 Feb 2012 19:50

The Netherlands - Joan Franka - You And Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVHN9M9R7d0

Another nice singer/songwriter song, but by far not as strong as Denmark. Also the costumes are so out of place that you keep thinking 'How on earth can they ...' and before you start listening to the song, it's over. So I think it's won't have a chance.

Remember the orginal and unique performance of Roger Pontare - When Spirits Are Calling My Name.

He wore an original Sami costume and was accompanies by genuine native people, an Indian, an Inuit and a Sami. The song about indigenous culture, the costumes and the performance were one unit. This was a memorable moment, while these carnival Indian costumes look just out of place.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 29 Feb 2012 19:55

cora

The Netherlands - Joan Franka - You And Me

This is one of the few recent Dutch entries that I like. The melody is very nice and I love her accent when she sings. I'm not sure how Europe will welcome this. It could flop or qualify for the grand final. I hope that they will change the costumes because it looks bad.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 1 Mar 2012 22:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwlCPNNhdu8&feature=related

Our song ... of course, as always, I'm unhappy with the one they chose. Just some average melody... and nowhere near outstanding lyrics... at least it isn't too folkish... may be it's good for dancing or sth, but well.. lol.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 2 Mar 2012 17:03

nikoleta_rangelova

I think that Bulgaria will qualify for the final this year. That kind of dance songs are very popular in the Balkan countries including Romania and Moldova and let's not forget that Romanian singer Inna conquered Europe and the USA (her song "Hot" was number 1 in the United States) with that kind of song.

My favorite act in the Bulgarian final was "Eternal" performed by Simona Sivanio.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 2 Mar 2012 17:42

AlexandruRomania

Lol, I alwats hope so even if I don't like the songs :D:D We'll see.

I didn't actually follow much the whole BG ESC thing this year, I only remember I liked Desislava (or whoever her name was spelled for the show)

cora
# Posted: 3 Mar 2012 09:16

nikoleta_rangelova
Our song ...

To be honest I think it's awful. I'm not into this kind of dance music, so my taste is not really relevant here, but there are some other dance songs this year, e.g. from Cyprus and Norway which are much better and which will take away the votes from each other. I doubt that Bulgaria has a chance to get to the final.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 3 Mar 2012 14:26

cora
Lol :D And I don't think it it's so awful as some other of our previous songs were :D:D Don't know, every time I'm disappointed with the song they choose to represent BG. I liked our 2007 entry which quailifed quite high for us - 5-7th place, don't remember, but still I liked it in comparison to the OTHER songs. There hasn't been a song that I'd liked from the first time. But again - it's important what the rest think and not me, lol. *hope* :D:D

Karolina
# Posted: 4 Mar 2012 13:59

This is Lithuania entry in ESC I personally like this song, it's not boring and sounds really great.

Nahyka
# Posted: 4 Mar 2012 17:04 - Edited by: Nahyka

Spanish entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcczFVNN0lQ

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 4 Mar 2012 21:01

Nahyka

I really like it.

cora
# Posted: 5 Mar 2012 13:07

Karolina
This is Lithuania entry in ESC I personally like this song, it's not boring and sounds really great.

Mmhh, to be honest, it's okay, but nothing special. I need to see the performance. Couldn't find it on YouTube.

Nahyka
Spanish entry

The song is quite strong - a typical Eurovision power ballad - but her movements look so unnatural. And her face ... as if she is going through a lot of pain.

Karolina
# Posted: 7 Mar 2012 22:52 - Edited by: Karolina

Russia entry I just love it!

Guntram
# Posted: 7 Mar 2012 22:54

Buranovskiye Babushki will represent Russia in Eurovision Song Contest 2012 with "Party For Everybody"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fn2WPWOi3Q

cora
# Posted: 7 Mar 2012 23:39

Guntram
Buranovskiye Babushki will represent Russia in Eurovision Song Contest 2012 with "Party For Everybody"

Now Engelbert won't be the oldest.
They are really cool! Though their song from 2010 was much better.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 8 Mar 2012 12:12

And we have a winner!

cora
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 23:25

AlexandruRomania
And we have a winner!

I don't think they will win, but top 10 is well possible I think
They are really cute and funny and you can see how much fun they are having. Great!

cora
# Posted: 14 Mar 2012 23:58

AlexandruRomania
Moldova: Pasha Parfeny - Lăutar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcBw-_9_AIc&feature=related

OMG. This Bucovina Club music is not my taste at all. I would have prefered your song by Leria. Honestly.

Sweden: Loreen - Euphoria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SCb0nrjVno

This is an interesting entry. Reminds me of Titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia. Very catchy dance song. Unusual performance. I think this has a good chance.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 15:21

cora

Moldova: Pasha Parfeny - Lăutar

He was backed by the main sponsor of the selection (Orange). I didn't like his act or him as a person in Kishinev. I don't think that he will qualify for the final in Baku.

Sweden: Loreen - Euphoria

I love this one. Top 3 for sure. Very interesting arrangement and manner of interpretation. The singer is very talented and different in a good way. Very very good.

cora
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 20:40

AlexandruRomania
I don't think that he will qualify for the final in Baku.

I agree.

Top 3 for sure.

Yes, well possible.

What do you think about Cyprus?

Cyprus: Ivi Adamou - La la love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvbUx8DAzTY

Another catchy dance song. I think this one also has a great potential for the top 10. Though compared to Sweden it is rather simple. Good for the televoting, but not the jury.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 23:02

cora

What do you think about Cyprus?

When the song was selected back in January I thought that it will place very high at ESC, but now when almost all the songs are known, I fear that it might flop just like Poland did last year. I like it, but only for a listen.

cora
# Posted: 18 Mar 2012 12:02

AlexandruRomania
When the song was selected back in January I thought that it will place very high at ESC, but now when almost all the songs are known,

Yes, I thought the same. On the other hand, most viewers will hear the songs for the first time when watching the show. Song and performance have to convince within 3 minutes and not after having listened to it several times.

cora
# Posted: 18 Mar 2012 18:56 - Edited by: cora

Another song we definitely won't see in the final is

San Marino: Valentina Monetta - Facebook Uh Oh Oh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kQBEzzFRBs

It was written by "Mr Eurovision" Ralph Siegel. I can only say, Ralph Siegel go home. You entries get worse and worse every year. This one is simply crap. Embarrassing lyrics, shallow music. It will be last in the semi.

Karolina
# Posted: 18 Mar 2012 19:13

cora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kQBEzzFRBs

I hate myself that I listened it... Now it stuck in my head and I can't get it out, although it's awful.

cora
# Posted: 18 Mar 2012 19:20

Karolina
I hate myself that I listened it... Now it stuck in my head and I can't get it out, although it's awful.

I'm sorry that I made you listen to it. Better listen to some of the good songs and this one will be out of your head.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 19 Mar 2012 14:43

cora

It reminds me of Rebecca Black - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

Karolina
# Posted: 19 Mar 2012 17:53

Thanks God she's not aloud to participate in Eurovision. Organizers didn't let her to participate because her song is giving advertisement for Facebook, and songs which advertise something is against Eurovision rules.

cora
# Posted: 19 Mar 2012 20:03

AlexandruRomania
It reminds me of Rebecca Black

OMG! I had not heard this song before. Terrible!

Karolina

Organizers didn't let her to participate because her song is giving advertisement for Facebook, and songs which advertise something is against Eurovision rules.

LOL, yes I just read here that they've got time until Friday to either modify the lyrics or submit a new song.

Did you see, what Alexandru posted here? Can you please help figuring out where and when this concert is going to take place?

cora
# Posted: 20 Mar 2012 19:49 - Edited by: cora

How do you like

UK: Engelbert Humperdinck: 'Love Will Set You Free'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01SQXjlhTuE

I expectd the worst, when they announced that Engelbert will represent the UK. Now I am positively surprised. It is quite a romantic ballad, well sung. I don't think he will do well, though.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on online community script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site