*** Eurovision 2013 in SWEDEN *** (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / *** Eurovision 2013 in SWEDEN ***
. 1 . 2 . >>
cora
# Posted: 8 Jul 2012 21:11

Suprisingly the Eurovision next year will not be held in Stockholm, but in Malmö:

Malmö to host Eurovision Song Contest 2013

Malmö, Sweden - Today one of the most awaited moments of this year has arrived - it's time to reveal who will host the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest. The Host Broadcaster, Swedish SVT, announced that it'll be... Malmö to be the home of the contest in 2013!

Malmö is the third largest city in Sweden and one of the largest ones in Scandinavia with a metro population of 664,000 people. It has easy access to Denmark via the Øresund bridge which is the longest combined road and rail bridge in Europe.

Malmö Arena where the contest will be held is a relatively new arena, inaugurated in 2008. It has a capacity of up to 15,500 for concerts but for the Eurovision Song Contest, the capacity will most likely be lower.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 8 Jul 2012 22:44

cora

Suprisingly the Eurovision next year will not be held in Stockholm, but in Malmö:

Those living in Kopenhagen should be very happy.

Christiane
# Posted: 8 Jul 2012 23:54

cora

So after 1992 this will be the second time, that the ESC will be held in Malmö.

AlexandruRomania
Those living in Kopenhagen should be very happy.

Yes indeed, thanks to the Øresund Bridge.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 14 Jul 2012 03:50

I'm already working at 2 songs for next year's Eurovision Song Contest. One of them is for Moldova and the other one will be sent to Bulgaria. We are still in talks with the singer for the Bulgarian entry. The singer for the Moldovan entry is already decided. It's Leria from this year's national final.

cora
# Posted: 14 Jul 2012 09:52

AlexandruRomania
I'm already working at 2 songs for next year's Eurovision Song Contest.

Wow, wish you good luck!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 14 Jul 2012 17:54

cora

Thank you.

cora
# Posted: 21 Nov 2012 20:45

The tickets are on sale starting next Monday. Is anyone going?

Guido
# Posted: 23 Nov 2012 01:54

If someone from Stockholm would invite me ? Sure. If someone from Ukraina would be there ? Who knows.
Sorry Cora. You know me. I can't help it

cora
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 15:09

I like this year's song from Switzerland: Heilsarmee - You and me
It's a rather simple, pleasant song, nothing spectacular, but it goes straight into the ear and it's pretty orginal and courageous to send a band from the Salvation Army.

How do you like the Ukrainian entry Zlata Ognevich - Gravity? To be honest I don't like it all. She's got a good voice, but this song is awful. It's so unmelodic. And these background singers are terrible.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 15:47

cora

I like this year's song from Switzerland

It's ok. I like it but I'm not crazy about it.

How do you like the Ukrainian entry

It is HORRIBLE. I posted negative feedback about it on Facebook already and I even told it to someone from CFC Consulting (they will probably work with her). The backing singers are HORRIBLE. They are so annoying especially that guy... It sounds so bad. It makes me wanna turn off the sound. Ewww

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 18:09

I don't like listening to the entries before the final :p

Christiane
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 18:27

cora
I like this year's song from Switzerland: Heilsarmee - You and me

The only thing, which is special about them and which attracts attention is the fact, that they are members of the Salvation Army. We had some rock songs in the history of the ESC, so I think, that there's nothing special about this song.

How do you like the Ukrainian entry Zlata Ognevich - Gravity?

Hard to get used to it - easy to forget It´s really not very special.

AlexandruRomania
The backing singers are HORRIBLE.

I put more focus on the singer Zlata Ognevich and her voice, which is not really powerful and strong.

cora
# Posted: 7 Jan 2013 18:55

Christiane
We had some rock songs in the history of the ESC, so I think, that there's nothing special about this song.

You are right, it's noting special. But it's nice. That's better than those who want to be special and are just horrible Though, I doubt that the Swiss groups will have a great chance.

AlexandruRomania
The backing singers are HORRIBLE. They are so annoying especially that guy... It sounds so bad.

I absolutely agree. I have rarely heard so terrible and prominent backing singers.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 7 Jan 2013 18:59

How about the Belarusian entry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewGLYsqCoN4

It sounds so much like a typical Romanian dance song (in the style of Inna or Alexandra Stan). To be honest, I like this act for all the wrong reasons. It's not really about the song.

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 7 Jan 2013 20:08

It sounds so much like a typical Romanian dance song (in the style of Inna or Alexandra Stan).

Sounds good. You know I like Inna and Alexandra stan :p Looking forward to hearing it on the night!

cora
# Posted: 7 Jan 2013 22:59

AlexandruRomania
How about the Belarusian entry?

It doesn't appeal to me at all, but it isn't really bad either.

Belgium? This guy can't sing at all. He sounds worse than any village karaoke.

UkFanOfRuslana
I don't like listening to the entries before the final :p

I didn't listen to songs before the ESC until 2004. So when I saw Ruslana for the first time in the semi final in 2004 it really knocked me over. From 2005 on I started listening to the entries before the show. It's interesting and fun, but it also removes the surprise experience.

Christiane
# Posted: 7 Jan 2013 23:21 - Edited by: Christiane

cora
This guy can't sing at all.

No, really not. Once he's getting into the higher pitches of the voice, his voice is getting weak.

So when I saw Ruslana for the first time in the semi final in 2004 it really knocked me over.

I´ve been watching her performance from the ESC 2004 once again recently.......just to remind myself, how it felt like for me, when I saw her for the first time. Only the way, she's been announced by the german presenter, already made me curious about what we`re going to expect.

cora
# Posted: 8 Jan 2013 08:50

Christiane
Once he's getting into the higher pitches of the voice, his voice is getting weak.

He is out of tune most of the time - at least for my ears. Terrible!

just to remind myself, how it felt like for me, when I saw her for the first time.

Since then I have watched it a million times (at least it feels like a million ;-)) and I still love it like on the first day.

Only the way, she's been announced by the german presenter, already made me curious about what we`re going to expect.

Yes, I also remember the feeling that the introduction made me curious and expect something extraordinary.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 8 Jan 2013 12:30

cora

Belgium?

OMG! Their national final was terrible. They had a bunch of people from "The Voice of Belgique" show, performing nasty Eurovision covers. It felt embarrassing even to watch it. It was so bad.

One of the authors of the song is Andreas from Cyprus. I worked with him for one of my songs for Moldova (the one that didn't qualified for the final. I think that you've listened to it).

when I saw Ruslana for the first time in the semi final in 2004

You're lucky. I got to see Ruslana for the first time one year later when she opened the 2005 Eurovision with "Heart on Fire".

Since then I have watched it a million times (at least it feels like a million ) and I still love it like on the first day.

Welcome to the club! Same here!

cora
# Posted: 8 Jan 2013 18:25

AlexandruRomania
One of the authors of the song is Andreas from Cyprus. I worked with him for one of my songs for Moldova (the one that didn't qualified for the final. I think that you've listened to it).

I see. I can't say much about the Belgium SONG, because the terrible 'singing' of this guy annoys me so much that I can't really listen to it.

I got to see Ruslana for the first time one year later when she opened the 2005 Eurovision with "Heart on Fire".

I know

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 8 Jan 2013 19:55

This is the Lithuanian entry : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ5yevVQ_a8

I don't like it. They had better songs in their final.

cora
# Posted: 9 Jan 2013 18:33

AlexandruRomania
This is the Lithuanian entry

I think it's not that bad, but nothing special. Average.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 9 Jan 2013 18:35

cora

Average.

Yes, I agree. I don't think that they have any chance to qualify for the final with that act.

Christiane
# Posted: 9 Jan 2013 23:15 - Edited by: Christiane

cora
He is out of tune most of the time - at least for my ears. Terrible!

I listened to the song once again. He doesn´t hit the pitch really, that´s right......you can hear that quite clearly at 2:31 and his voice is going worse by the end of the song......he didn´t seem to have any power anymore and reminds me of Zlatko, who was chosen for the German final of the ESC some years ago and didn´t hit a single
note.

P.S.: I sing like that as well, when I caught a cold......which I have atm

cora
# Posted: 15 Feb 2013 13:59

Most entries of last night's German national final were boring or awful. The worst was really this brass band. Ridiculous! I wonder how it's possible that they became second.

Cascada's song is in my opinion a sort of cover of Loreen's Euphoria. It sound very similar, but by far not as good. I'm not happy with the choice, but most others would have been even worse.

andreas2
# Posted: 16 Feb 2013 15:53

Cascada's song is very mediocore, don't know why, but i loved it when i watched it live!
and Cascada rocks on stage

and it has nothing to do with Euphoria, it's the same style but the song's are so different, i can't see any other similarity than the style

for now, I like Slovenia, Norway and Germany

Greece has ''One Last Kiss'' which i like the most, hopefully we won't sent that horror, the traditional song thing people here like the most.... :S :@

Christiane
# Posted: 16 Feb 2013 18:02

I didn´t watch the German final and from what I read in the press, I didn't miss anything really. I've been listening to the winning song and it indeed reminds a bit of Loreen's Euphoria. She'll be lucky, if she reaches the Top 10.......well, I doubt. This song is the only one of all entries for the ESC, which I've been listening to so far.

andreas2
it's the same style but the song's are so different

Yes of course, it is the style, which is similar to Euphoria......not the music. But anyway, the music is something, which makes me think, that I heard it before. There are many songs made of the same style......nothing special really.

cora
# Posted: 17 Feb 2013 11:15

andreas2
i can't see any other similarity than the style

Really?

Christiane
Yes of course, it is the style, which is similar to Euphoria......not the music.

No, I don't think so, it's not only the style, also the melody is vey similar - at least for my ears

cora
# Posted: 17 Feb 2013 11:21

andreas2
for now, I like Slovenia, Norway and Germany

My favourite so far is Switzerland.

Christiane
# Posted: 17 Feb 2013 18:27 - Edited by: Christiane

cora
also the melody is vey similar

At least at the beginning you can hear similar musical patterns.

I just stumbled across the Danish entry. The song sounds quite nice with the Tin whistle.

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on bulletin board software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site