*** Eurovision 2013 in SWEDEN *** (2)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / *** Eurovision 2013 in SWEDEN ***
<< . 1 . 2 .
cora
# Posted: 10 Mar 2013 23:00

How do you like the Icelandic entry? Eyþór Ingi Gunnlaugsson - Ég á líf.
A beautiful song sung in my favorite language. I hope they won't change it into English

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 11 Mar 2013 20:15

cora

How do you like the Icelandic entry?

Not my cup of tea, but I agree about the language. It sounds mystical. I think that i read somewhere that it will be performed in Icelandic in Malmo.

Christiane
# Posted: 11 Mar 2013 21:47

cora

It´s quite nice, but I think, there were many ballads like this one already before in the history of ESC.

cora
# Posted: 11 Mar 2013 23:01

Christiane
It´s quite nice, but I think, there were many ballads like this one already before in the history of ESC.

You are right. The ballad itself is nice, but not really special. The only thing that makes it special is the language.

AlexandruRomania
I think that i read somewhere that it will be performed in Icelandic in Malmo.

Last year they ruined their great entry by changing it to English at a late stage. I'm sure that it would have done better, if they had left it in Icelandic.

Pandora
# Posted: 13 Mar 2013 00:19

Ukraine's entry is absolutely beautiful. After a disappointing entry last year, I'd love to see it win. It definitely has my vote at this point.

cora
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 10:44

Pandora
Ukraine's entry is absolutely beautiful.

Mmhh, a lot of people seem to like it, also at the bookmakers, but it doesn't appeal to me at all.

How do you like Norway? Another entry which is rated high and I don't like at all. Especially the dress is so dreadful.

When it comes to costumes the worst is really Israel (from what I have seen so far). This song is a really good ballad - but only when closing your eyes.

I like Bonnie Tyler and also Georgia is quite powerful.

cora
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 10:56

I just discovered another cool entry: Elitsa & Stoyan - Samo Shampioni (Bulgaria). First they were nominated with a different song which I though was quite awful for my ears.

But this one is a really cool combination of folk and drums. It reminds very much of their rather succesful entry "Water" from 2007. I think it has a good chance. There are not many folky songs this year and the Bulgarian entry really protudes in a positive way.

Christiane
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 11:52 - Edited by: Christiane

cora
I like Bonnie Tyler

I was surprised, that she is going to represent the UK. But a big name doesn't make a winner, of course. I remember Kate Ryan, who is really well known and represented France a couple of years ago.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 13:58 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

cora

I just discovered another cool entry: Elitsa & Stoyan - Samo Shampioni (Bulgaria).

I don't like it at all. It sounds horrible to me and her voice is just like the sounds made by some cats before dying. The song itself it's kitschy and very bad, but you are right about the other song. That one was incredibly awful, but still better than the Romanian entry...

How do you like Norway?

It's my favorite so far. I don't mind the dress, it's just that the song is very original, very good lyrics and she can sing it very well.

I like Bonnie Tyler and also Georgia is quite powerful.

Bonnie Tyler will flop, Georgia will do well, maybe top 10 in the final.

Ukraine's entry is absolutely beautiful.

Her voice is absolutely beautiful but the rest is mediocre. Also, I don't like the fact that they were using Ruslana's name in their PR campaign as they stated that the composer of "Gravity" also composed "Wild Dances" and we all know who the composer of Wild Dances is.

As for Romania, I'm pretty sure that it won't qualify for the final... It's HORRIBLE, very bad, etc...

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 14:25

Lol, thanks to this topic I saw who's going to represent us this year. When is ESC this year, bw? %)

I don'd mind our song... not bad, not good, something weird rather... They took us to the 5th place once. Now they seem to be combining both what the audience liked then - folklore- with something more modern... Generally, according to me, most songs which go to ESC are total crap, so we at least aren't worse then the average.

cora
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 17:21

AlexandruRomania
Bonnie Tyler will flop, Georgia will do well, maybe top 10 in the final.

I wasn't talking about how they will be doing. That's a different chapter I will think about later, when I have listened to all of them. At the moment I'm just can name a few songs I like and dislike.

For me Bonnie Typer is connected to some old memories. Her song is not bad. I agree with you that she won't get far.

Also, I don't like the fact that they were using Ruslana's name in their PR campaign as they stated that the composer of "Gravity" also composed "Wild Dances"

Really? Didn't know that. How can they claim this? Who has written Gravity?

nikoleta_rangelova
I don'd mind our song... not bad, not good, something weird rather...

It is different and that makes it sticking out from all the average ballads etc.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 19:28

cora

Really? Didn't know that. How can they claim this? Who has written Gravity?

The very first article that was published about Zlata Ognevich representing Ukraine on www.eurovision.tv stated that Mikhail Nekrasov, the composer of "Gravity", aslo composed "Wild Dances". I informed the author of the article about it and they took off that part. Also, I informed Ruslana's staff about it. The same info was posted on www.esckaz.com and some other Portuguese and Spanish Eurovision websites.

I wasn't talking about how they will be doing.

I see. Anyway, I can't say that I like Bonnie Tyler. Her voice sounds like she's smoking 3 cigarettes per minute.

cora
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 21:26

AlexandruRomania
stated that Mikhail Nekrasov, the composer of "Gravity", aslo composed "Wild Dances".

I just checked. On the album it says WD was ARRANGED by Ruslana and CJ Nekrasoff. So it's a) a different person (different first name) and b) not written by, but just arranged. The author of this article did a very superficial research.

I informed the author of the article about it and they took off that part. Also, I informed Ruslana's staff about it.

Well done!

Anyway, I can't say that I like Bonnie Tyler. Her voice sounds like she's smoking 3 cigarettes per minute.

I cant deny that. But it's very distinctive voice

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 23:22

cora

I just checked. On the album it says WD was ARRANGED by Ruslana and CJ Nekrasoff

It's the same person but it's huge difference between a composer and an arranger/producer.

But it's very distinctive voice

I agree but not in a good way for me.

--

This is the Romanian entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5KinC75ohM

What do you think?

cora
# Posted: 17 Mar 2013 09:38

AlexandruRomania
It's the same person

Mmh, why does Mikhail used initials CJ?

but it's huge difference between a composer and an arranger/producer.

Of course! Even more, he is not even the producer. It was produced by Ruslana and arranged by Ruslana and CJ Nekrasoff (what's ever the difference).

This is the Romanian entry
Not my taste at all. I think it would be a bit better with a "normal" voice.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 17 Mar 2013 12:40

cora

CJ

I think that this are not initials of his name, but something like "DJ" (disk jockey). I'm pretty sure that CJ Nekrasov it's same person as Mikhail Nekrasov.

Not my taste at all. I think it would be a bit better with a "normal" voice.

I hate it. I don't think that Romania will qualify, but TVR really deserves it after playing dirty games in the national selection process.

cora
# Posted: 17 Mar 2013 16:55

AlexandruRomania
I think that this are not initials of his name, but something like "DJ" (disk jockey).

Yes, that makes sense.

I don't think that Romania will qualify

I don't think so either.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 17 Mar 2013 18:07

cora

What a pleasant surprise from San Marino!!! I wasn't expecting something like this from Ralph Siegel :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi8mZ2ejLcE

I think that San Marino will qualify!

Guido
# Posted: 17 Mar 2013 20:58

Lol, thanks to this topic I saw who's going to represent us this year.
Perhaps you can tell me who is going to represent "us".
Who knows - next year we have a Belgian Confederation so 2 candidates ?

BTW allways glad to see some "old" friends here. Missed you and Wespe.

cora
# Posted: 17 Mar 2013 21:27

AlexandruRomania
What a pleasant surprise from San Marino!!! I wasn't expecting something like this from Ralph Siegel :

Yes, that's really a surprise! It's a million times better than last year.

Christiane
# Posted: 23 Mar 2013 20:44

AlexandruRomania

Me neither......in the past, Ralph Siegel didn´t really produce songs, where you thought ' wow, this is something special', so this is a big surprise indeed. I guess, San Marino will qualify for the final and will be among the top 10.

Christiane
# Posted: 19 May 2013 01:54

Tillykke til Danmark

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 19 May 2013 02:09

Yes indeed! Congratulations to Denmark! Very nice song!

Christiane
# Posted: 19 May 2013 20:12

AlexandruRomania

Yes, the song is very nice and catchy. Also the 3rd place for Ukraine was well-deserved. But for the Romanian entry I thought, the results could have been better.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 19 May 2013 20:29

Christiane

Also the 3rd place for Ukraine was well-deserved.

Yes! Zlata Ognevich is a great singer with a very pleasant and powerful voice.

But for the Romanian entry I thought, the results could have been bette

I didn't like our entry this year because it was so strange. Cezar is surely a very talented singer but he had a very bad song for his kind of voice. Anyway, it's good that he qualified for the grand final and he placed in the top 15.

I so wish that my country would win the Eurovision Song Contest but that won't happen very soon mainly because of the national television which is kind of full of corrupt people. :(

Christiane
# Posted: 19 May 2013 23:20

AlexandruRomania
Cezar is surely a very talented singer but he had a very bad song for his kind of voice.

Maybe the ESC is not the right place for countertenors like him anyway. I think, there used to be a a countertenor before at the ESC.....I´m not sure though.

Katherine
# Posted: 20 May 2013 01:41

Unfortunately I missed most of ESC this year, but I looked at most of it online today.

I really liked the winning song however my favourite was sweden I thought that was a great song. However with it being the host I knew it had no chance anyway.

That Romanian one seemed more of just a novelty input, much like Ukraine's one that with that drag-queen artist.

I didn't even know UK's entry until I looked at it today. I don't know what the BBC are playing at. Bonnie Tyler might have been a superstar but at 61 I agree with Alexandru and she was awful live! These days in the UK we don't get to pick our own like we used to, they just seemed to shove any old has-been into the mix. Furthermore we can't afford to host the bloody competition anyway, it's probably best we do lose.

cora
# Posted: 21 May 2013 22:44

Christiane
Tillykke til Danmark

Yes, congratulations! A well deserved winner!

AlexandruRomania
Cezar is surely a very talented singer but he had a very bad song for his kind of voice

It was not only that his counter tenor voice and the song didn't go together, also the performance was dreadful. He looked so agressive and the (almost) naked acrobats were more distracting rather than supporting the song.

The result for Germany was really disappointing. Although I didn't like the song 'Glorious' much I think Cascada did a very good job performing it. She deserved much better than the 21st place.

Katherine

I agree with Alexandru and she was awful live!

Yes, she had better times.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on simple bulletin board miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site