Should Ruslana take part in Eurovision again?

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Eurovision / Should Ruslana take part in Eurovision again?
cora
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 11:25

I thought this is worth a new topic

In this Oikotimes Interview from yesterday (18.2.2013) in Athens Ruslana said that she would consider taking part in Eurovision again. She says that everyone is worried that she could not win again, but she is not worried. She says it's about music, about performing, not about winning.

First of all I must say that in this interview she is really so cute. One of the many things I like about her that she is so authentic and natural. And I really believe when she says that it's about music, not about winning.

I was always against her taking part again, but meanwhile I think that she could do it again. Next year for the 10th anniversary

cora
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 11:30

AlexandruRomania
Let's cross fingers that she will have a good idea for a song and she would consider taking part in the contest again.

I think it's not only her to decide. In 2004 she was chosen by the TV channel without any preselection. Nowadays she would have to pass the national finals first. I recall that in another interview she said that she might take part, if she was asked again. Being asked/chosen is of course less risky than having to go through a national final.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 15:08

cora

In this Oikotimes Interview from yesterday (18.2.2013)

Very good interview I must say!

Ruslana said that she would consider taking part in Eurovision again.

I think that she should consider it very carefully because it could be the best way to promote herself in Europe again.

She says it's about music, about performing, not about winning.

I agree with that. If she will come up with a really good song and interesting performance I'm quite sure that she could win again easily.

Next year for the 10th anniversary

I had the same thing in my mind yesterday night after I watched the interview.

I think it's not only her to decide. In 2004 she was chosen by the TV channel without any preselection

I think that the Ukrainian TV would send her directly without any national selection if she will express her interest to represent Ukraine again.

cora
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 19:01

AlexandruRomania
If she will come up with a really good song and interesting performance I'm quite sure that she could win again easily.

I think it would be very difficult to win again. It depends on so many ever changing factors. You'll never know what sort of style the majority will like next year. Even if winning is not the aim, it would be very disappointing not to make it through the semi. Remember Dana International. I hope/think that Ruslana/Ukraine have enough fans/friends that this would be unlikely to happen, though.

I think that the Ukrainian TV would send her directly without any national selection if she will express her interest to represent Ukraine again.

I actually think that she is waiting for the Ukrainian TV to ask her.

Guido
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 19:47

First of all I must say that in this interview she is really so cute
Only cute ??? Perhaps there is only one word for it : Ruslanish ? It's the same Ruslana I saw in an interview almost 10 years ago.
The same Ruslana we met.

but she is not worried
She never is :-)

One of the many things I like about her that she is so authentic and natural
mi znajemu :-)

Or 40th (no that would have been this year) ? She look as 10 years ago.

Alexandru :
Very good interview I must say!
lovely !

because it could be the best way to promote herself in Europe again.
Not only herself : also Ukraine (you know her).

I know that : thinks A, says B and does C. So ??? If she participates it's to win.

Never change a winning horse ? (but she's not a horse and ESC is not a horse race)

I actually think that she is waiting for the Ukrainian TV to ask her.
True that's what I understood too.

Buuuuuudlaske i prosju - djakuju Ruslana

Christiane
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 21:34

cora

She exactly said, what I feel as well.

I was always against her taking part again

Why?

I also had this in mind several times before

In 2004 she was chosen by the TV channel without any preselection. Nowadays she would have to pass the national finals first.

Exactly, it would be a lot more difficult this time as she will have to go through the preselections. Anyway, she will have to apply for getting into the preselection. The rules have changed since 2004 for the national final in Ukraine. Ruslana was lucky at that time.....will she be lucky again?

Even if winning is not the aim, it would be very disappointing not to make it through the semi.

Disappointing for Ruslana or for us? Remember what she said in the interview: "it´s not about winning". I think, it´s us, who want her to win the Song Contest once again. Of course, Ruslana would be very happy, if she´d win again, but I really think, that for her, as a singer, the most important thing is to perform and enjoy herself on stage, cause music is what she really wants to do, it´s a big part of her life.

AlexandruRomania
I think that the Ukrainian TV would send her directly without any national selection

I doubt, that the current concept will be changed again for the sake of Ruslana. They will have noticed, that it´s just fair, if other singers get an equal chance for to be chosen for the ESC.

Guido
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 21:45

I don't know the current concept Christiane. I only remember in 2004 Ruslana had to invest for it.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 22:25

Christiane

I doubt, that the current concept will be changed again for the sake of Ruslana.

They did the same for Ani Lorak in 2008 and I'm sure that they would do it for Ruslana again if she will express her interest in representing Ukraine.

cora
# Posted: 20 Feb 2013 23:32

Christiane
Why?

I was against Ruslana taking part again, because it's unlikely that she can win again and when you have won already, everything else will be less than what you have achieved already.

Now that it's clear that the great breakthrough in the West didn't happen I think that taking part again would be the only opportunity to present herself again to the whole of Europe.

Disappointing for Ruslana or for us?

Sure, it's about music, not about winning. But it's a big difference between not winning and not passing the semi final. It must be very disappointing not to pass the semi, even if you say that it's about music.

AlexandruRomania
They did the same for Ani Lorak in 2008 and I'm sure that they would do it for Ruslana again if she will express her interest in representing Ukraine.

I don't know if she's got that much influence.

Christiane
# Posted: 21 Feb 2013 09:18 - Edited by: Christiane

cora
because it's unlikely that she can win again

Of course it's not sure, that she's going to win again a second time....this happened only once in the history of the history. But is that important? It's about music, about taking part anyway. Ruslana wouldn't be the first one anyway, who takes part a second time.

Now that it's clear that the great breakthrough

And if the breakthrough would have happened, there would be still no reason for not taking part in the competition. I myself used to take part in a music competition years ago and was aware, that I won't
make it to the 1st place....but that was not important to me.

But it's a big difference between not winning and not passing the semi final. It must be very disappointing not to pass the semi, even if you say that it's about music.

It"s even worse, not to pass the national final and this is, where Ruslana will have to get through. There's a bigger chance to pass the semi final, cause there's not just one contestant, who will make it to the final. Of course, it is disappointing then, not to get through the semi final, but I think, everybody is aware, that their dreams won't come true.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 21 Feb 2013 09:40

I almost agree with Cora: may be it's better for her to be remembered as Ruslana the Winner, not Ruslana the Loser. Not that many people care anymore, at least here ; )

cora
# Posted: 21 Feb 2013 10:39

Christiane
It"s even worse, not to pass the national final

Yes, of course that would be devastating. If I was her, I wouldn't take the challenge to go through the national final and would do it only, if nominated directly.

There's a bigger chance to pass the semi final, cause there's not just one contestant, who will make it to the final.

I agree.

nikoleta_rangelova
may be it's better for her to be remembered as Ruslana the Winner, not Ruslana the Loser. Not that many people care anymore, at least here ; )

You are right. However, I don't think she would be called 'loser' if achieving at least the top 10. It might be regarded as courageous.

Christiane
# Posted: 21 Feb 2013 15:28 - Edited by: Christiane

cora
If I was her, I wouldn't take the challenge to go through the national final and would do it only, if nominated directly.

No risk, no fun. In other words.....you sometimes have to take the risk, otherwise you would miss something maybe, you'll regret for the rest of your life. If it comes straight from the heart and is exactly, what you want to do and you feel like doing... then don't hesitate, just do it. Maybe Ruslana has asked herself a hundred times already, wether she should take part again.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 21 Feb 2013 18:14

I think that she should team up with Stefan Orn (the composer of Ruslana's Euphoria and the winning song of Eurovision 2011) and write a song together with him. With the support of Euromedia I think that the victory could be achieved.

cora
# Posted: 21 Feb 2013 22:44

AlexandruRomania
I think that she should team up with Stefan Orn (the composer of Ruslana's Euphoria and the winning song of Eurovision 2011) and write a song together with him. With the support of Euromedia I think that the victory could be achieved.

Sounds like a good idea.

AlexanderAlex
# Posted: 10 Jun 2013 18:28

εβπξβθδενθε β 2004 αϋλξ ρΰμξε χεςκξε !!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 4; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 63 [25 May 2019 11:46]

These forums are running on online community software miniBB™ © 2001-2019 admin | Ruslana. Official site