Ruslana's new shine has started!!! New song WOW! (7)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Latest News / Ruslana's new shine has started!!! New song WOW!
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . >>
Esther
# Posted: 17 Jul 2011 21:06

Euhm anyone seen this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdH3tvH1UAo&feature=related

Someone thought Ruslana started a new shine last year :P

I was a bit confused when I heard the song and then looked at the picture :D

makula
# Posted: 20 Jul 2011 22:16

obviously not ruslana

Guido
# Posted: 20 Jul 2011 23:30

No. Stil in Italy ?

Esther
# Posted: 22 Aug 2011 10:42

makula
haha no :D

Guido
No. Stil in Italy ?
No idea, I know I'm not :P

I was kinda disgusted when I walked through Kyiv Sunday a few weeks ago, that I didn't see anything of Ruslana. And next to the road there are big billboards but no Ruslana. I did see posters for the Voice of ukraine and X factor, Maidans etcetera but no sign of ruslana. Also not in magazines.
GRRRR!!! Finally I'm in Ukraine and then I can not say to the team: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK THAT'S MY WILD SISTER RUSLANA!!!!!!

Guido
# Posted: 22 Aug 2011 20:14

and she couldn't say loook that's my wild sister Esther

Esther
# Posted: 28 Aug 2011 00:04

Guido
and she couldn't say loook that's my wild sister Esther
Indeed At Maidan was a big crowd and camera's and then my heart started racing I soooo hoped it was something with Ruslana hahaha but it wasn't

Guido
# Posted: 28 Aug 2011 01:41

You didn't send her an sms ?

Guido
# Posted: 28 Aug 2011 02:15

You didn't send her an sms ?

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 29 Aug 2011 11:43

Today (29.08.2011), Ruslana was featured on the Moldovan National Radio Station on "Moldova muzical" radio show. They said about Ruslana's newest single and they referred to her as a Eurovision legend (at my suggestion lol). They also played "Wild Dances" and they will play tomorrow the Ukrainian version of "Wow".

makula
# Posted: 29 Aug 2011 23:07

still in italy...

WOW / Vau is still in the charts in ukraine so it's not doing too bad

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 29 Aug 2011 23:55

makula

WOW / Vau is still in the charts in ukraine so it's not doing too bad

Its number 38 in the Ukrainian top 40.

octavaluna
# Posted: 4 Sep 2011 00:15

I enter here just because I have something to say about the new single (and video)

so... SYNTHETIC

personally, I feel betrayed. This is NOT the Ruslana we all felt in love with, the image ruslana always gave to us was the same that we could feel trough Lana...

We loved the WILD WOLF she was!!! so strong, so full of energy, her own energy, so patriotic, so imaginative, so... natural. just NATURAL

¿what the hell is that american-styled crap with weak lyrics? This feels so wrong, the music is DEAD, completely synthetic.
It may be fast and modern, but it's SOULLESS

Yannis
# Posted: 4 Sep 2011 17:31 - Edited by: Yannis

octavaluna

¿what the hell is that american-styled crap with weak lyrics?

Good comment!

I'm feeling with you.

Hope she'll find her way back to her traditional style soon.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 4 Sep 2011 18:29

octavaluna
Yannis

As a fan, I support Ruslana whatever she does. I do believe that this new style is a good thing as she successfully managed to change her wild style into something much more contemporary.

Hope she'll find her way back to her traditional style soon.

She needs to step forward. Why should Ruslana go back in the past? I don't understand you.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 4 Sep 2011 18:49

octavaluna

Yeah, I couldn't agree more.

Yannis
# Posted: 4 Sep 2011 20:53

AlexandruRomania
As a fan, I support Ruslana whatever she does.

And if Ruslana would tell you to jump down an abyss you would do so? Sure you would....

I only support an artist if I like his/her output. An artist has to earn my sympathy again and again.

Of course I understand her ambitions to present something new but the market will judge whether she'll be successful or not. I consider it an experiment and till now it doesn't seem to be very successful.

And she is still in love with her "old style"! You can see this, e.g., with the project " /Voice of the Country" and her ethno candidate . Most of the time she is dressed in traditional clothes, not in this soulless decadent hip-hop outfit. She is Ukrainian and must not pretend to be American. And - in my opinion - she is too old to convince in this US-style. There is no need to deny her origin.

Many of us came here 5 years ago because she made a difference. I would not have a problem to stay away if I don't like all of her new output any longer. And "Ethno" is a broad field: no need to repeat her old songs for anóther 10 years. I'm waiting for something new!!! - But no US - shit!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 4 Sep 2011 23:33

Yannis

Of course I understand her ambitions to present something new but the market will judge whether she'll be successful or not. I consider it an experiment and till now it doesn't seem to be very successful.

We have to wait. She didn't release the English version of the song yet. I have listened to the studio English version of Wow and it's very good. She's going to release a new album by the way.

Wild Energy was something different but I think that it was ruined by the collaboration with the American producers from Egoworks. They ruined most of the songs by turning them into some sort of commercial pop. I'm still shocked by the fact that the Wild Energy album was nothing more than a very big flop.

I'm confident that Ruslana will shine again in Europe. All she needs to do is to promote her music at a high level all across Europe.

Esther
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 11:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdH3tvH1UAo&feature=related

This actually irritates the crap out of me. GRRR this song is sooo different from Ruslana and to be honest too poppy for my taste. I send the guy/girl a message to see if it can change it. But no reaction. Is it possible to change something like that like take the picture out and then the right one in?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 18:47 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

AlexandruRomania

We have to wait. She didn't release the English version of the song yet. I have listened to the studio English version of Wow and it's very good.

And do you think that the English version is going to be so much more different than the Ukrainian version to be liked by those who don't like the UA version?

They ruined most of the songs by turning them into some sort of commercial pop.

That's what the current experiment "Wow" is and since you didn't like that before, then it's surprising that you like "Wow" now.

Btw, what puzzles me is that Ruslana herself claimed she wanted to get rid of Wild Dances and all associations with it. However, she keeps singing Wild Dances again and again and again and again.

= She used to have a style. Now she doesn't. It's some wierd mixture - neither sth that her former fans would like, nor sth that can attract as many new fans as her previous projects.

== Most people do not like her new style, most people force themselves to like it, because they like(d) HER.

Yannis
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 20:30

Esther

Haven't seen that video (it's only audio + a picture) before but I noticed many months ago that there is another (Russian?) singer calling herself Ruslana. I wonder why "our" Ruslana or her label didn't go to court as her name should be copyrighted.

In this case, I think the uploader simply mixed up the artists.

Other tracks of that fake Ruslana:

- .mp3
http://www.primemusic.ru/Media-download-13711.html

- .mp3
http://www.primemusic.ru/Media-download-8428.html

- .mp3
http://www.primemusic.ru/Media-download-24176.html

Yannis
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 20:31

nikoleta_rangelova
And do you think that the English version...

I agree with everything!

cora
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 21:09 - Edited by: cora

I think it's a matter of taste. If an artist comes up with something new, he/she can't please everyone. There will always be some people who like only what they know.

I agree with Alexandru that an artist has to develop. If she did another folk song, it would be like a creative stand-still and people would say: 'Oh, can't she do anything else.'

nikoleta_rangelova
Btw, what puzzles me is that Ruslana herself claimed she wanted to get rid of Wild Dances and all associations with it. However, she keeps singing Wild Dances again and again and again and again.

Performing the greatest hit(s) plus new material is what all artists do.

Most people do not like her new style, most people force themselves to like it, because they like(d) HER.

We didn't have a poll about it , so I don't know if it's really 'most fans' who don't like her new style.

I personally don't feel forced to like Wow at all. I was at first skeptical and then very positively surprised. I really like Wow and particularly the video which in my opinion is sentationally well done!

It's not that I like everything Ruslana does. There are actually quite a few things I don't endorse.

So I'm really looking forward to the new song and hope that she really will release an album soon and not in 2 or 3 years

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 21:29

cora
I think it's a matter of taste

That's true, but:

If an artist comes up with something new, he/she can't please everyone. There will always be some people

You've been here since the very creation of the forum and can tell me :D: have there been registered at least as many new members since the WE & WoW (two) "release" as there were after the release & appearing of WD (one) ? :D

and people would say: 'Oh, can't she do anything else.'

And I have the feeling now most people say: "Oh, couldn't she have done sth else... "

Performing the greatest hit(s) plus new material is what all artists do.

Yeah, but not all artists say they don't want to be associated with their greatest hits at all anymorel :D:D

so I don't know if it's really 'most fans' who don't like her new style .

Well, that's true, too, but I again judge by the fan-activity here and the newly registered admirers of the newest song... whose number is about zero ... :D It would have been logic that, if the new song was liked, new members appeared here, I think.

I really like Wow and particularly the video which in my opinion is sentationally well done!

Ok, you'll be the first one to be counted :D (btw, may be we should make up some new topic instead of a poll [who would do it now?])

hope that she really will release an album soon and not in 2 or 3 years

Yeah and hopefully with melodies which aren't to be found in every other YT video/TV programme...

wespecz
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 21:48 - Edited by: wespecz

Ruslana on one side claims in WOW a message against that usual commercial style, but on the other she created, for example, Moon of Dreams or at least that was a project of Egoworks or Warner, not sure, sorry. So now the question is if WOW - a parody to the commercial style, as it was claimed on blog.ruslana.ua, was occasional song or if the whole CD is going to be on this style.

But her soul is still Hutsulian, Carpathian, Wild Dances, you see - clothing on this way on Holos Krajiny etc. Many fans here are affraid that people will say that she can't create anything different. But why the hell any change is necessary if it's really not her decission, but some immaginar decission of some average non-existing listener. Other singers have their style and every album is just a different point of view to the same singer's creativity, not violent change to absolutely different music style which has no or little support in singer's and fan's souls. For example, more digging in the Hutsulian and Ukrainian culture, concentrating to different aspects of these in the every other album, no need to take it in general and then leave it and go where market would expect it. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is what I guess.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 23:13

nikoleta_rangelova

And do you think that the English version is going to be so much more different than the Ukrainian version to be liked by those who don't like the UA version?

The English version sounds very good. It's something different as you can understand the lyrics and the song much better.

That's what the current experiment "Wow" is and since you didn't like that before, then it's surprising that you like "Wow" now.

I didn't like the fact that they turned some SF inspired songs into commercial things. Wow wasn't meant to be anything else than a mid-tempo pop song, but Wild Energy was meant to be something else.

Let's wait for the new album. I'm pretty sure that we will be surprised in a positive way. I have listened to another track from the album and I can say that its worth waiting for it.

cora

I personally don't feel forced to like Wow at all. I was at first skeptical and then very positively surprised. I really like Wow and particularly the video which in my opinion is sentationally well done!

I agree with you. This new project is very good for Ruslana and her image considering the fact that a lot of artists choose to pay tribute to the radio station and they keep on doing the same commercial style music. Ruslana is experimenting and that's a good thing.

wespecz

Ruslana on one side claims in WOW a message against that usual commercial style, but on the other she created, for example, Moon of Dreams or at least that was a project of Egoworks or Warner, not sure, sorry.

I think that Wow is a parody of artificial people who choose to price more money and objects than feelings. E.g. "I never care for cars / I never care for stuff"

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 23:42

you can understand the lyrics and the song much better.
I never care for stuff"

Yeah, profound lyrics...

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 23:54

nikoleta_rangelova

Yeah, profound lyrics...

Maybe not profound, but meaningful.

cora
# Posted: 7 Sep 2011 20:35

nikoleta_rangelova
You've been here since the very creation of the forum and can tell me :D: have there been registered at least as many new members since the WE & WoW (two) "release" as there were after the release & appearing of WD (one) ? :D

You can't compare the time after the ESC victory and now. Ruslana's victory was watched by a few hundred thousand people all over the world. Wow was promoted in UA only (plus one TV appearance in Romaina) - that was it. Winning the ESC is a mega promotion which can never be reached by a few national TV appearances.

It's not only the huge difference of the number of people being addressed, but also the sheer fact of winning a big event. Most people had probably never heard of Ruslana and wanted to know more about her. These were additional factors that made WD attractive. Wow is an UA release by an artist well-known in UA. The settings are very much different. This makes the appearance of new fans less likely.

In addition I think that the forum activity can't be used as an indicator (anymore). It's not the same as 5 or 6 years ago. Nowadays many people seem to prefer to communicate through FB and other social media.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 8 Sep 2011 00:48

cora

Wow was promoted in UA only (plus one TV appearance in Romaina) - that was it

I have managed to arrange a contract for Ruslana for another visit to Romania this year. If everything goes as planned, she should come to Bucharest on October 28th. She will make an appearance at the Romanian version of the X Factor show and she will perform during a special party held at one of Bucharest's malls. The mall party will be attended by a lot of media, so she should get very good promo. I hope that I will manage to convince the most popular radio stations to play the English version of "Wow", but this needs a lot of work. But I'll do my best. Ruslana is Ruslana.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 8 Sep 2011 08:09

cora

Hm.... I see. Anyway, everything released after WD (Amazonka, WE, MOD single, videos, VCL, etc) is/was forgotten quickly, at least that's my impression. But we need to hear the average Ukrainian as well, not just fans... lol. Still I think that her recent activity isn't capable of keeping any fans for really long as WD did. :D

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site