New Rock'n'roll Album - share yous thoughts

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Latest News / New Rock'n'roll Album - share yous thoughts
chris1891
# Posted: 23 Oct 2010 18:42

Hello dear forum Members!

I dont write so often in this forum,but I am reading it often.
I juts read this new Interview of Ruslana where she talks about the new album.So I thought it's good to share our thoughts and opinions once before the release and once after it.

So people what do we expect now?

To be honnest I dont know What to say
I am short of disappointed.this means "No more wild ruslana"
No more fantasy crazy and wild dances..?

lenitao3
# Posted: 23 Oct 2010 20:07

Rock'n'roll??

Jesus christ

Pitej
# Posted: 23 Oct 2010 21:00

I look foward to hear first song from new album. Probably it will be released before New Year, after this I would say more ;) Don't know what I should expect now...

Guido
# Posted: 23 Oct 2010 23:25

So people what do we expect now?
I think we only expect at least a new song.
Knowing her it might be a complete new style.

flipsty
# Posted: 24 Oct 2010 04:56 - Edited by: flipsty

I like Rock 'n' Roll.

cora
# Posted: 24 Oct 2010 09:10 - Edited by: cora

First of all let's repeat the quote from the interview, translated by wild_olchyk:

"My new album will be emotional and positive. There is a harmony between my internal and external world in the new album. Its main music style is rock-and-roll. So be ready for absolutely new Ruslana!"

I wouldn't take this too literally. I can't imagine that it will be really 50ies type rock'n'roll. I think /I hope it is meant here figuratively.

chris1891
# Posted: 24 Oct 2010 14:05

cora

Well I hope it will be something very similar to "The Tango we used to dance".

Stukee
# Posted: 24 Oct 2010 14:49

Well... it is hard to conquer the world music market nowdays without nudity and unsubstantional synthetic melodies. I just hope that Ruslana is going to come out with something sincere and alternative and I'm almost sure that she won't dissappoint her fans, people who love her, who admire her work...

I'm looking forward for a new set of wonderful compositions of Ruslana, the best artist (not just a singer) in the world.

cora
# Posted: 24 Oct 2010 15:26

Stukee
I'm looking forward for a new set of wonderful compositions of Ruslana, the best artist (not just a singer) in the world.

I absolutley agree. I am also looking forward to her new music no matter what kind of style it will be.

marte
# Posted: 25 Oct 2010 10:35

Cool, I like rock n roll, it would suit her

flipsty
# Posted: 25 Oct 2010 22:05

cora
I can't imagine that it will be really 50ies type rock'n'roll.
Hey! That's my favorite kind of Rock 'n' Roll, but I get your point.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 26 Oct 2010 06:15

This time I won't imagine anything and won't take serious anything that appears in interviews :D
*just waiting*

cora
# Posted: 27 Oct 2010 06:26

nikoleta_rangelova
This time I won't imagine anything and won't take serious anything that appears in interviews :D

Yes, no point of speculating. *just waiting*

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Feb 2012 09:32

I guess this topic was devoted to the soon-to-be-released at that time "Wow"?

I guess it won't be wrong to comment here in this case :D

A while ago I wrote in another topic and started thinking...

Ok, the Wild Dances period had its own world, literally, music, costumes, dances, philosophy, etc, etc. Then, the Amazonka/Wild Energy albums, too, although not so successful: costumes, philosophy, dances, a performance, a BOOK, let alone all the WD/WE fan stuff which was given away/sold.

So, what do you think of the new album style? So far we have three new songs, but are they going to be included in the same album? And if yes, what kind of "feelings", thoughts do they evoke in you? The three songs are so different, I can't see any patterns in the three of them, anything that could characterize them and show they're from the same album. They don't have their "world" yet. May be this album will be the album of... different worlds & diversity? lol

cora
# Posted: 29 Feb 2012 20:07 - Edited by: cora

nikoleta_rangelova
So far we have three new songs, but are they going to be included in the same album?

Interesting question. I agree with you that the two projects WD and WE/Amazonka were one entity each. The three new songs are so different that you can't call it 'project' and I have no idea in which direction the album will go. *surprise*

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 29 Feb 2012 20:19

As far as I can remember, Ruslana said in 2011 that first she will release some singles and if the interest in the new material is high, an album should also be expected.

Out of the three presented songs I think that I like the best 'Sha-la-la". "Wow" sounds good but I don't like the American influences in it. I suppose that "Davaj, graj" is just a demo version so the final mix might surprise us all in a good way. She should be very careful with this song because it could do very well if promoted properly.

My opinion is that Ruslana should release an album with ballads using live instruments and a symphonic orchestra for the arrangements. That's what I would like to hear from her, but it's not up to me to decide on this matter.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Feb 2012 23:36

cora
so different that you can't call it 'project'
*yes*

AlexandruRomania
Ruslana said in 2011 that first she will release some singles and if the interest in the new material is high, an album should also be expected.

Hm... I don't remember, but sounds logical.

So... we can expect an album by 2020, may be.

I can't say which song I like best, but certainly not "Wow".

Ruslana should release an album with ballads

And how about those three songs? They go in a separate album? Or you're already talking about sth else.

cora
# Posted: 1 Mar 2012 00:05

AlexandruRomania
As far as I can remember, Ruslana said in 2011 that first she will release some singles and if the interest in the new material is high, an album should also be expected.

Yes, you are right.

My opinion is that Ruslana should release an album with ballads using live instruments and a symphonic orchestra for the arrangements.

No. I would like all three songs on the album plus more mixed songs.

nikoleta_rangelova
So... we can expect an album by 2020, may be.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 1 Mar 2012 11:55

nikoleta_rangelova

Or you're already talking about sth else.

I was talking about an album to be released after the upcoming one.

cora

No. I would like all three songs on the album plus more mixed songs.

See my answer to Nikoleta from above.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 1 Mar 2012 14:27

AlexandruRomania
I was talking about an album to be released after the upcoming one.

LOL, I'm afraid we'll be "gray&old" by that time :D:D Ok, hopefully not deaf yet.:D:D

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 1 Mar 2012 17:12

nikoleta_rangelova

Yes, I agree with you.

I remember now how excited I was about the "Wild Energy" album. I thought that it would conquer the world, not only Europe. Let's hope that this upcoming album will surprise us all in a good way.

Christiane
# Posted: 1 Mar 2012 17:31 - Edited by: Christiane

AlexandruRomania
conquer the world, not only Europe.

As a matter of fact, it didn't even conquer all parts of Europe....unfortunately. So we're back to the discussion about promotion and record company.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 1 Mar 2012 18:37

Christiane

It's very complicated. For example, in Romania, everyone wants Ruslana to perform "Wild Dances" when she comes here. I was in 2008 (September 5th) in Braşov when she performed there. The crowd went wild when she started performing the songs from the "Wild Dances" album. They weren't so enthusiast when she performed Wild Energy or Overground, but they loved The Same Star, Dance with the Wolves and Arkan.

Same happened when she performed in Sibiu on September 25th 2008. The crowd loved the Wild Dances songs.

I think that Ruslana shouldn't try to leave this wild brand behind because she is popular in Europe thanks to it. I can understand that she want to develop as an artist and to try all kind of new styles as she is a composer herself, but I think that for Europe she should stick to the Wild Dances idea and to come out with new songs on that style.

My opinion is that Ruslana's biggest mistake was that she released the "Wild Dances" album too early after her victory. Imagine how would the album sounded if it was released in 2005 after the Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv. Imagine a "Wild Dances" album with these songs included also : "Heart on Fire" (original version as performed at ESC 2005), "Wind Song" and "Drum 'n' Dance".

I didn't like and I still dislike the English version of "Znaju ja" as well as the fact that she included 4 versions of the song "Wild Dances" on the album. Znajua ja sounds brilliant in Ukrainian language (as it is on the soundtrack of the official music video), but the English version is so annoying with all the respect to the arrangers... They killed a song...

Christiane
# Posted: 1 Mar 2012 23:20 - Edited by: Christiane

AlexandruRomania
For example, in Romania, everyone wants Ruslana to perform "Wild Dances" when she comes here.

Unfortunately there isn´t the same enthusiasm in Germany......I wish, it was. Many people here in Germany haven´t been very enthusiastic about her performance at the ESC in 2004 and meanwhile she´s completely forgotten by most of the people in Germany. I´m quite sure, that if you´d ask the people in the streets about Ruslana, they wouldn´t even know, who she is. Last time I´ve seen Ruslana in Germany was during her tour with Peter Maffay and his project "Begegnungen - Eine Allianz für Kinder".

but I think that for Europe she should stick to the Wild Dances idea and to come out with new songs on that style.

I think, that this would mean a standstill, if she´d stick to the Wild Dances image. Well, it doesn´t mean, that she shouldn´t perform Wild Dances and other ethnic songs anymore. She still does perform them, Wild Dances is a big part of her success, but she also has to think further as an artist. She´s a changeable and very creative person, who´s not afraid to break new ground and she wouldn´t do anything, she wasn´t 100% committed to. I think, a standstill would be awful for her. I still love songs like "Znaju ja", which is one of my favourites or "Oj Zagraj My Muzychenku" as well as "Wild Dances" and many more. Some of the songs circulate in my brain as a kind of an infinite loop But meanwhile I also like songs like "Sha la la" and "Wow". Especially the videoclip of "Wow" is so amazing

cora
# Posted: 2 Mar 2012 10:13

AlexandruRomania
Same happened when she performed in Sibiu on September 25th 2008. The crowd loved the Wild Dances songs

In Germany there wouldn't even be a crowd.

My opinion is that Ruslana's biggest mistake was that she released the "Wild Dances" album too early after her victory.

I totally disagree. In my opinion the release came much too late. It should have been released very soon after the victory, at a time when there was quite a lot of interest in her.

Drums'n'Dance etc shold have been on the NEXT album which could have been released in 2005. Many artists release one album per year. You have to be constantly present, otherwise people forget you.

I absolutely agree with Christiane. Ruslana is a very creative artist. She has to develop and move on. And I doubt that a stand-still would increase her popularity.

Christiane
But meanwhile I also like songs like "Sha la la" and "Wow". Especially the videoclip of "Wow" is so amazing

I liked all three songs right from the beginning. And the videos are magnificent!

Christiane
# Posted: 2 Mar 2012 14:08 - Edited by: Christiane

cora
I liked all three songs right from the beginning.

Yes, me too, but according to, that I was absent in this forum for a long time, they attracted attention on me, when you all have listened to this songs already. So I only got to know them, when I came back to the forum.

cora
# Posted: 3 Mar 2012 09:19

nikoleta_rangelova
LOL, I'm afraid we'll be "gray&old" by that time :D:D Ok, hopefully not deaf yet.:D:D

Christiane
I´m quite sure, that if you´d ask the people in the streets about Ruslana, they wouldn´t even know, who she is.

You are right.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on easy forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site